What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ167937] Pixel Town: Wild Times @ Akanemachi Second

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
ULMF game thread.

I have previously translated the first Pixel Town game, and another of Sprite Hill's work, called Alternate DiMansion Mystery Record.

After I finished the first Pixel Town game I made a start on the second, but work soon stalled as I burned out. But I've been following Sprite Hills on Ci-en for a while, and when it became apparent that they were working on another game in the series, I decided to pick up where I left off and continue the translation of the second game. Now that the third game has been officially announced and has an expected release date of this March, I've decided I had better finish this one, and sharpish!

I want to set realistic expectations, I don't expect this to be done before the third game is released. But I would like to get it done this year. I think they are great games, and I would love to be able to play the whole trilogy in English some day.

Current progress: Translation complete! See this post for details: https://ulmf.org/threads/rj167937-pixel-town-wild-times-akanemachi-second.14608/post-1139196
UI & menus: 100%
H-Scenes: 27/27
Opening: 100%
First town events: 100%
Second town events: 100%
Endings: 100%
Secret room: 100%

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Good to hear.
But... take your time. Best to have it later then you getting burned out over doing it and never finishing the work ;)

Scarletz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
you sir are a legend, i soo enjoyed your two first translations, looking foward for that one !

OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Progress update:

I've got a lot done in the last two weeks. I'm well past the half way mark, with over half the H-scenes translated and most of the event text done too.

I'm reminded of why I burned out the last time I was working on this game, there's so much more text than either of Sprite Hill's other games! Quite a bit of slang and a few weird sayings I'm not familiar with, but the translation tools I have access to now are much better, so that's something. The story is more interesting than I remember it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what yamamoto does with Fuu in the third game.

OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Well I was right, I didn't make it before the next game was released, but the day after isn't bad going, if I do say so myself!

In order to comply with the forum's rules, instead of sharing the patched game, I have created a patch you can use yourself, and attached it to this post. It contains no art assets from the game, only the patched text files.
  1. . The last version is 1.3.1. I WILL NOT HELP YOU GET A COPY OF THE GAME, SO DON'T ASK.
  2. Download the patch and extract its contents to a separate directory.
  3. Using the arc_conv.exe utility included in the patch directory, locate the file "Data.wolf" in your game directory and press OK.
  4. This will create a directory called "Data.wolf~" in your game directory. Rename it to "Data".
  5. Rename the file "Data.wolf" to "Data.wolf.backup". This will force the game to use the contents of the Data directory, rather than the encrypted Data.wolf archive.
  6. Copy the "Data" directory from the patch folder and paste it into your game directory. When prompted, select to "replace" files.
  7. Your game should be patched!
I have also included a walkthrough, and a full save. To use the save copy the "Save.full" directory to your game directory and rename it to "Save".

Attachments

gf2468

Reputation score
Thanks for the patch. Sprite Hills is great and so are your translations. By the way, do you have any plans to work on the new game of the series? Probably not anytime soon since you've just finished this one, but at some point? Thanks anyway for all the translations so far.

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
thank you for your translation, know i can play the game without looking for help

OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Thanks for the patch. Sprite Hills is great and so are your translations. By the way, do you have any plans to work on the new game of the series? Probably not anytime soon since you've just finished this one, but at some point? Thanks anyway for all the translations so far.
Thanks. I do enjoy these games so I will probably translate the latest one too, but it took me well over four years to get this one finished, so don't hold your breath! The developer likes to release updated versions with additional content, so I'm not likely to start until we see news of that.

2foldtr8or

Reputation score
I've patched the game successfully and everything seems to be working and in English except for the H-scenes (shown below).
I play using a locale emulator with admin privileges. Playing without the locale emulator makes the H-scenes not work at all as well as other oddities.
ScreenShot_2021_0311_19_40_44.png

Duis aute

Reputation score
That's a great game by one of my favorite circles,
thanks for the translation, truly appreciated

OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I've patched the game successfully and everything seems to be working and in English except for the H-scenes (shown below).
I play using a locale emulator with admin privileges. Playing without the locale emulator makes the H-scenes not work at all as well as other oddities.
Not quite sure what's going on there. It looks to me like the patch files weren't extracted properly. If you look inside the directory:

<gameDir>\Data\Picture\Anime\scene_02\txt

You should have exactly 31 files, including one called "台詞.txt" which contains the translated lines for that scene. If you don't have 31 files, or a file called "台詞.txt" which contains English, then something went wrong when you extracted or applied the patch. I've been working on Windows 10 without any kind of locale emulation, FWIW.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
That's really the kind of "text" you can see when playing a wolf engine game on non japanese local setting computer.

So, Either the file got corrupted when you extracted them from the archive as pointed out by Tentakuru. Or you got a problem with the local setting thing.
Even when using emulating tool there some time problem when the folder path is too long or got Forgein symabol (cyrilic lettter, Kanji....) in the folder name. SO try renaming it to see.

2foldtr8or

Reputation score
Here's what the folder and inside of the 台詞.txt document look like. Said folder contains 60 files. The 台詞.txt document is there but I get the feeling it's not supposed to look like that.
z.png zz.png