What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ181931] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) -- ON HIATUS; UP FOR ADOPTION 2018 --

Reputation score
Ok, so I dug through the entirety of how the text eventually makes its way to the screen but it ultimately comes down to the original dev(s) not understanding escape characters (or caring, I guess). That's unfortunate but so it goes. The only realistic solution, as you guys mentioned, is to switch to a non-used character (it doesn't really matter what exactly).

I've changed out the following:

m -> ɱ
w -> ɯ
y -> ȳ

I only did this in the English splice loop around line 2011 in English_redraws.rb. If there's other spots this needs to be changed just let me know. I didn't see any text in Skilltext for "\y" or "\H" but it's presumably used elsewhere?

Edit:

I'll be moving all translation development discussion regarding this project to the new thread so that I have control over the OP, as SFrame has been inactive for years now. Please use that thread for development discussion:

https://ulmf.org/threads/succubus-rhapsodia-english-plains-hills-and-cages-edition.15484/

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This is the stand-alone interface/database patch for modded Succubus Rhapsodia. Please read the readme.
This does not cover any story or dialogue. Please refer to the active thread, for the global translation project.
I'm only posting it here for convenience/backup, and to separate the potential bug reports.
  • Latest compatible file: scrpm_3075.atc / 220921.
*** Important note *** <= ignore this if you never downloaded any of my files
This release is not compatible with any former English_MOD file.
You must delete any file not from an scrpm (ie not from the Japanese mod).
You can also delete /Mod/Mod_Scripts altogether, and extract both archives below:
  • the ENG side is the actual patch
  • the JP side overwrites the jp files to make them compatible.
Extract them into SuccubusRhapsodia\Mod\Mod_Scripts\ If this directory does not exist yet, read - the - readme.
The JP-side archive will only include the edited script files. You still have to download/extract first the .atc for files like images, etc. They are listed on both the readme and the wiki.
- integrated 220921
- integrated bugfixes shared with Zethin
- integrated the 4-5 conflicting changes (from original modders) with our files since august
- I still have to integrate many of the small changes I told Zethin I'd do. That's on me :cry: (...and RL but we blame it too often :p)

Files from Zethin's release_0003 or earlier might be be redundant, but will not be harmful nor incompatible in any way, in my experience.

Please report:
- any and all typos
- anything odd, from a missing space to cut text to an incorrect description
- any bug, esp. gamebreaking, including those unrelated to my patch
- any missing feature from the Japanese mod

Attachments

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Apologies for the late bump-- but where do you extract the EN_Mod sripts to?
Instructions mention to extract, but not where.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ahh
And is this before or after I use Cages mod?

overlord999

Reputation score
Hello guys, is there an english patch for this game? i tried to translate with translator ++ but with no success. i really like the game especially the battle system and arts. it is based on the succubus quest series if i am not mistaken.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I've updated my interface patch for 231023a. Do not use any later file.
It should work fine, but I didn't have time to playtest properly. Same remarks as above.

I have good reasons, but I'll still convey my public apologies to Zethin for letting him down without a word.
Whelp, I'm too tired to say much more. I focused on getting my stuff to work, and didn't check at all whether my work still is compatible with the other (real TL) patch.)

As for more trustworthy good news, Succubus Rhapsodia 2 was publicly announced: 😁 (short gameplay video there)

(edit)
So, I've tried my uploaded files on a fresh install since I gave up on having any feedback ages ago and there were a helluvah too many hiragana showing during battles, compared to my version...
Totally forgot about this, but I decided to edit a MOD file directly: O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb
It's the largest (500+ Kb, 7550 lines) file in Mod_Scripts. It has a lot of the in-battle skills text.
That means from now on you'll have 1 file to overwrite between the _JP and _EN files.
For now here's a quickfix (along with the runes I must've dozed off on). You must:
- overwrite O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb (and the other guy, if you like)
- delete 魔_English_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb from Mod\Mod_scripts

I'll have a bite at this big ol' cookie this week. A nibble. Just 'cuz I'm the only person on Earth insane enough to take on this monstrosity, doesn't mean I'm cuckoo enough to believe I'll see the end of it.
Forgot to paste this too:
- beginning of post-Aurum arc (Seal floor)
- Futanari village behing Morrigan's throne. Futa fans, rejoice!
(notes: battles are hard but winnable. You don't need to win anyway(unverified)
Also, the Boss WILL get to you, one way or another, you'll understand what I mean.)
- 'simple battles' streamlined for faster exploration
- Snowfield and Santa's village (white pot in front of Port's inn). Cool rune slot reward.
- Awakening rune (the step beyond 'Ultimate form'-formerly 'The best body')
- Relatedly: updated Sexium, also with new prizes (playgrounds East of Port). Title defense, and Ultimate Sexium.
- Dante's Malebranche cometh. 8 are recruitable for veteran explorers (hints at Home)
- a few more recruitables on the top floor of Yama no Sekai
- (unverified)you can get daugthers with Rejeo and Rarmil, w/ a few events (get there from your mansion's basement)

Attachments

Last edited:

xRoguex

Reputation score
I've updated my interface patch for 231023a. Do not use any later file.
It should work fine, but I didn't have time to playtest properly. Same remarks as above.

I have good reasons, but I'll still convey my public apologies to Zethin for letting him down without a word.
Whelp, I'm too tired to say much more. I focused on getting my stuff to work, and didn't check at all whether my work still is compatible with the other (real TL) patch.)

As for more trustworthy good news, Succubus Rhapsodia 2 was publicly announced: 😁 (short gameplay video there)

(edit)
So, I've tried my uploaded files on a fresh install since I gave up on having any feedback ages ago and there were a helluvah too many hiragana showing during battles, compared to my version...
Totally forgot about this, but I decided to edit a MOD file directly: O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb
It's the largest (500+ Kb, 7550 lines) file in Mod_Scripts. It has a lot of the in-battle skills text.
That means from now on you'll have 1 file to overwrite between the _JP and _EN files.
For now here's a quickfix (along with the runes I must've dozed off on). You must:
- overwrite O_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb (and the other guy, if you like)
- delete 魔_English_MOD_RPG_Skilltext.rb from Mod\Mod_scripts

I'll have a bite at this big ol' cookie this week. A nibble. Just 'cuz I'm the only person on Earth insane enough to take on this monstrosity, doesn't mean I'm cuckoo enough to believe I'll see the end of it.
Forgot to paste this too:
- beginning of post-Aurum arc (Seal floor)
- Futanari village behing Morrigan's throne. Futa fans, rejoice!
(notes: battles are hard but winnable. You don't need to win anyway(unverified)
Also, the Boss WILL get to you, one way or another, you'll understand what I mean.)
- 'simple battles' streamlined for faster exploration
- Snowfield and Santa's village (white pot in front of Port's inn). Cool rune slot reward.
- Awakening rune (the step beyond 'Ultimate form'-formerly 'The best body')
- Relatedly: updated Sexium, also with new prizes (playgrounds East of Port). Title defense, and Ultimate Sexium.
- Dante's Malebranche cometh. 8 are recruitable for veteran explorers (hints at Home)
- a few more recruitables on the top floor of Yama no Sekai
- (unverified)you can get daugthers with Rejeo and Rarmil, w/ a few events (get there from your mansion's basement)
Hello man, how are you?
It doesn't seem to be an end to this mod.
It has some good stuff...but it has some bad ones, like seing ai cgs into a masterpiece like this game.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hello man, how are you?
It doesn't seem to be an end to this mod.
It has some good stuff...but it has some bad ones, like seing ai cgs into a masterpiece like this game.
Could be better tbh, but I believe life's a fair succubus. As in, she f*cks with everyone equally. Eventually.

I've grown to hate these AI girls after the first 5-6 pictures I witnessed, in another game; these girls are what you'd realistically get after centuries of inbreeding, or selective breeding. Disturbing :unsure:
But to be fair, Dante wrote 'Inferno' around 1400; at that time Italian artists were strongly encouraged to copy and clone, rather than create. So AI girl is fitting, in an awkward way.
That said, next to Cres.'s godly art, certainly isn't the adequate place for them to stand. Let's hope they don't proliferate.

I've been working on the 1st line of common skills, have a sneek peek if you like. I'll try and do a bit more, to pave the way for would-be translators and set some hopefully above-mediocre standards. This is the most daunting part of SR, along with the Talk system.
I'll update the whole patch (with latest MOD) when I run out of time, so sometime soon.

However, I had this unrelated game-crashing bug mentioning “age_check”, that seemed to trigger upon reaction messages (ie, enemies telling you it felt good) on the 'simple ero messages' setting. I'm not 100% sure I've fixed the issue in my last patch, since I'm currently using two versions. Could someone confirm?

Attachments

xRoguex

Reputation score
Could be better tbh, but I believe life's a fair succubus. As in, she f*cks with everyone equally. Eventually.

I've grown to hate these AI girls after the first 5-6 pictures I witnessed, in another game; these girls are what you'd realistically get after centuries of inbreeding, or selective breeding. Disturbing :unsure:
But to be fair, Dante wrote 'Inferno' around 1400; at that time Italian artists were strongly encouraged to copy and clone, rather than create. So AI girl is fitting, in an awkward way.
That said, next to Cres.'s godly art, certainly isn't the adequate place for them to stand. Let's hope they don't proliferate.

I've been working on the 1st line of common skills, have a sneek peek if you like. I'll try and do a bit more, to pave the way for would-be translators and set some hopefully above-mediocre standards. This is the most daunting part of SR, along with the Talk system.
I'll update the whole patch (with latest MOD) when I run out of time, so sometime soon.

However, I had this unrelated game-crashing bug mentioning “age_check”, that seemed to trigger upon reaction messages (ie, enemies telling you it felt good) on the 'simple ero messages' setting. I'm not 100% sure I've fixed the issue in my last patch, since I'm currently using two versions. Could someone confirm?
I found a new job so my free time is very little. I'll try when I can find some free time for myself.
I remember that problem, but unsure what triggered it. Any specific mod to switch ON for the test?