What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ189682] Mischief War

fullmetal

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [RJ189682] イタズラ戦争~小さな離島の物語~

I'm at the 'spitting out blood' level of gratitude. Thank you!!

tealsack

Reputation score

Hi. I don't mean to clutter up the thread but as a first time user I do not know where to put the "data folder"

I have downloaded and installed RPGVXAce and can get the game running, but don't know what to do with the patch. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

KairiFactor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi. I don't mean to clutter up the thread but as a first time user I do not know where to put the "data folder"

I have downloaded and installed RPGVXAce and can get the game running, but don't know what to do with the patch. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
You need to use RPG Maker All Decrypter to extract the game.ss file and then you drag the contents of the extracted folder into the game folder and then apply the patch to the game.

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank you very much! :D

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You guys are the best, love you all!~

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Please read the sticky thread at the top of this forum called How to apply a partial (or full, in this case)

tealsack

Reputation score

perfect got it working. Thank you both!

zipetya

Reputation score

All righty.
Started playing it with this wonderful TL (thanks again, ewn et al.) and since there was no reason not to anymore, I tried switching to fullscreen -standard, ALT+ENTER method-, and the thing I noticed is... it was laggy. As hell!

Well okay, that is melodramatic, but the FPS was around ~7-10. Which was a big downgrade from the 'normal' 60 in window mode.

Now I know it is not the patch, I distinctly remember most VX and VXAce games behaving like this anyways -just that I wasn't playing them in fullscreen in a good while-, so what I am asking, I guess...
Is there any way to make the fullscreen less laggy?

sandchainz

Reputation score

All righty.
Started playing it with this wonderful TL (thanks again, ewn et al.) and since there was no reason not to anymore, I tried switching to fullscreen -standard, ALT+ENTER method-, and the thing I noticed is... it was laggy. As hell!

Well okay, that is melodramatic, but the FPS was around ~7-10. Which was a big downgrade from the 'normal' 60 in window mode.

Now I know it is not the patch, I distinctly remember most VX and VXAce games behaving like this anyways -just that I wasn't playing them in fullscreen in a good while-, so what I am asking, I guess...
Is there any way to make the fullscreen less laggy?
Long time ago baka did a tool for different full screen modes (by different I mean resolutions).
Don't know if that will help you but you can try.
Just drop the tool in the game folder and drag the game.exe to the tool's launcher.

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score

Well thank you very much! (also @baka)
Tried it, it works; though I wasn't able to get any launcher to run and drag the .exe into. The tool itself just starts up the 'Game.exe' with which it is in the same folder, and makes the borders of the game window manipulatable. Also, the 'Maximize Window' option becomes available (which makes it no-lag fullscreen).

Only problem now, is that the images become -barely, but still, noticably- more jagged-lined compared to the 'real' fullscreen's same images. Doesn't lag, though.

Guess I cannot have both no lag and no jag. Or can I?! :)
(sincerely asking)

Unless I am the only one experiencing such issues... Which would mean bad news for me...lol

sandchainz

Reputation score

Well thank you very much! (also @baka)
Tried it, it works; though I wasn't able to get any launcher to run and drag the .exe into. The tool itself just starts up the 'Game.exe' with which it is in the same folder, and makes the borders of the game window manipulatable. Also, the 'Maximize Window' option becomes available (which makes it no-lag fullscreen).

Only problem now, is that the images become -barely, but still, noticably- more jagged-lined compared to the 'real' fullscreen's same images. Doesn't lag, though.

Guess I cannot have both no lag and no jag. Or can I?! :)
(sincerely asking)

Unless I am the only one experiencing such issues... Which would mean bad news for me...lol
Don't know man, try using different resolutions.
I remember that baka wanted to make some updates on this tool but don't know if he still interested on it.

zipetya

Reputation score

Don't know man, try using different resolutions.
I remember that baka wanted to make some updates on this tool but don't know if he still interested on it.
Well, seems like I'm shit out of luck. It is actually a Windows 8 issue... Something about it not handling DirectDraw as well.
Darn!

sandchainz

Reputation score

Well, seems like I'm shit out of luck. It is actually a Windows 8 issue... Something about it not handling DirectDraw as well.
Darn!
Give me a screenshot of the error and I'll let baka know, maybe he can fix that.

zipetya

Reputation score

Give me a screenshot of the error and I'll let baka know, maybe he can fix that.
Oh no no, I was quite unclear, I guess. Sorry. I meant to say that Windows 8 has trouble with RPGM in fullscreen, in general. Insanely laggy. I'm still in the process of looking for some remedy.

Tried the game -and other RPGM games, just for the sake of testing- on my Win7 from before my current Win8 (new SSD; but I left the Win7 install intact - just haven't been using it much), and fullscreen works without any noticable lag.
-----------------

EDIT: And I think I have -I mean, found after some google searching- the solution. But it involves some registry editing, and you would have to do it (once, though ofc) for every RPGM game you want to run in fullscreen...
Search for "windows 8 and rm2k3", first result, and it's in the lower half of the posts in the thread's first page.

Last edited:

sandchainz

Reputation score

Oh no no, I was quite unclear, I guess. Sorry. I meant to say that Windows 8 has trouble with RPGM in fullscreen, in general. Insanely laggy. I'm still in the process of looking for some remedy.

Tried the game -and other RPGM games, just for the sake of testing- on my Win7 from before my current Win8 (new SSD; but I left the Win7 install intact - just haven't been using it much), and fullscreen works without any noticable lag.
-----------------

EDIT: And I think I have -I mean, found after some google searching- the solution. But it involves some registry editing, and you would have to do it (once, though ofc) for every RPGM game you want to run in fullscreen...
Search for "windows 8 and rm2k3", first result, and it's in the lower half of the posts in the thread's first page.
Oh, I see.
And yeah Win7 it's much better yhan Win8 or Win10 :)

jockojohnson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for the translation. This game is great and with the translation, it is made perfect.

Rastafoo69

Reputation score
I assume EWN the translator has moved on to greater pastures?

XaeroXD

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
im still missing some scenes, can someone pls share their 100% save gallery? thanks!