What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RJ227621/RE227621] ヴァンパイア・ノーツ/Vampire Notes

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
ulmf thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/ninjinpasu...nootsu-vampire-notes-rj227621-re227621.12604/

DLsite:
English DLSite:

Thought I'd make a quick partial for this, the database turns out to be fairly small, so I had it pretty much done in a couple of days. I will go ahead and attach it here, but it should be considered a work in progress since the game has updates planned. This was made with version 1.02, but you should be able to apply it to later versions without breaking anything. Updates usually alter the map and/or common event files, and I haven't touched those.

What IS translated (thus far): Items, weapons, armor, menu (including lewd stats), skills, actor names, and enemy names. And the title menu, thanks to yugifan3.
NOT translated: The flavor text under what the main character is thinking on the status screen, there is a huge number of variations for this, and it changes based on map events, so would be very time consuming to track them all down, and would make the partial very version-dependant.
Might also translate the popup names for places in town, and possibly choices. (but choices don't seem to affect much in this game, so might not do those)

IMPORTANT: The dev changed which dll the game calls for at some point, if you have errors related to the game dll (rgss300 or rgss301) you can simply change it to the correct one (whichever you have in the system folder) in the ini file. Also note that I'm leaving this marked as WIP for now, since the DLsite page says content updates are planned.

This is a VX Ace game, if you don't know how to apply a translation, check the stickied guide in this section. If you still have trouble, feel free to ask in discord (the one linked in my signature, not the official ulmf discord), even if I'm not on, someone will likely be able to help you figure it out.

And as always, let me know if there are any problems or anything I missed.

Attachments

Last edited:

KillerDxD

Reputation score
I swear i made an thread about the game already, but was deleted because there's one already out there...

(P.S. If you find it tell me)

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I swear i made an thread about the game already, but was deleted because there's one already out there...

(P.S. If you find it tell me)
Likely got deleted. They are getting pretty strict with the rules for an OP.

KillerDxD

Reputation score
Likely got deleted. They are getting pretty strict with the rules for an OP.
Well the problem with mine wasn't the opening, it was that there's already a thread about this game, but i cant find it out there for some reason. Searching for the title doesn't give me back anything for return :/

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well the problem with mine wasn't the opening, it was that there's already a thread about this game, but i cant find it out there for some reason. Searching for the title doesn't give me back anything for return :/
Just asked on discord and both threads didn't meet the new standards, so both got deleted. Guess I will go ahead and make one.

EDIT: Thread's up, updated OP with a link.

Last edited:

blerghit

Reputation score
Thanks for the translation! I seem to have some problems, decrypted the files, copy pasted the partial over them, but now i get error system\rgss300.dll could not be found.
Edit: fixed(?) by renaming the rgss301.dll to rgss300.dll

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Thanks for the translation! I seem to have some problems, decrypted the files, copy pasted the partial over them, but now i get error system\rgss300.dll could not be found.
Edit: fixed(?) by renaming the rgss301.dll to rgss300.dll
Yeah, looks like newer versions of the game use the rgss301dll, whereas the 1.0 version used the rgss300.dll. You could also change it to the correct one in the ini file.

Got a newer version, will make sure nothing breaks and update if needed.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Updated for version 1.02. As before, it should work fine with later versions.
Updates the item database to include a couple of items he added after the initial version, and fixes the dll error. (unless he changes it again, lol)

DARKANON

Reputation score
I just finished translating all of the events I put my own twists on alot of them
hope you enjoy

and if someone could tell me how to attach files here I'd greatly appreciate it
Im aiming to have the whole game finished b the end of the month

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
What do you mean "I put my own twists on alot of them"? Did you rewrite the story to fit a narrative you wanted?

EDIT: Never mind, just a machine translation.

Last edited:

DARKANON

Reputation score
What do you mean "I put my own twists on alot of them"? Did you rewrite the story to fit a narrative you wanted?

EDIT: Never mind, just a machine translation.
I re-wrote the PUB-Inn-Hypnosis- ones from scratch pretty much my own narative because the machine translation ruined the scene in my opinion you should see alot more effect in those scenes actually i spent the 3 days on them alone
I used the machine as a base and corrected most of it since
My Japanese is stupid broken lol

DARKANON

Reputation score
Effort in those scenes* and I was super tired last night I apologize for some text hiccups and box size issues I'll try to replay all the scenes and edit accordingly but better than nothing for my first attempt at a translation

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Uh well, if you're rewriting the story in your narrative then I don't think you should call it a translation since you're not translating the authentic dialogue, you're adding your own. Well, it's not like machine translations are much better as is so it's whatever I guess(?).

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
You should also start a new thread, so people will know someone is making a full translation. :)

DARKANON

Reputation score
You should also start a new thread, so people will know someone is making a full translation. :)
Uh well, if you're rewriting the story in your narrative then I don't think you should call it a translation since you're not translating the authentic dialogue, you're adding your own. Well, it's not like machine translations are much better as is so it's whatever I guess(?).
Can you call it a full translation? I agree with what Mikufanboy said it's a mix of machine with my own spin on it. Not really a true translation that's why I posted it here. I'll just be happy if anyone enjoys it. I was only doing it for myself initially. Screwing around with translator ++, but figured someone else may find enjoyment in it that's all. I'll see this as more of a best we've got until a real translator picks up the game, It's my first attempt of contributing something other than my money and my first translation like ever. I'll work out the issues as best I can. If people enjoy it as much as I do then I'll be happy. If it qualifies as a full translation even if I'm changing things I can make a thread but I figure a real translator will pick it up soon enough. If it's worth me continuing posting my updates just let me know If not I'll just enjoy it alone. :D All in all I'd say its a 100 times better than that machine rendition of The Pregcess of Zeven or at least the one I have.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Diggin' the enthusiasm, and mad props to you for contributing, DARKANON.
But ultimately this is a thread for the still-somewhat-work-in-progress partial, no? ;) A new thread would bring your TL more exposure and chance of feedback. Well, if mayak's fine with it, though...
At any rate, this game looks haaawt. Wouldn't mind a full translation.

DARKANON

Reputation score
Just read the developers blog and he's adding more scenes for mid march :D

Edit: Hopefully it doesn't interfere too much with the translating done

blerghit

Reputation score
If everyone buys the game as he adds content, and requests translation to english at DLsite, maybe we will get official trans someday. Sphilias familiar DID get one, or atleast its coming.