What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ318368] Shrift 2 Demo/Game Hand Translation

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Funny, I had the same thought. But even if we have to wait, the full release of Shrift II part 1 is only a week or three away-ish. Plus Arzor released more translated scenes for MGQ paradox and Giratena released a nearly fully translated Alstromeria. We can wait for Shrifted and friends, hats off to them!
Is the full release really this month? Wow, awesome news.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Shrifted do you think the translation will be back up soon? I know it's work, and I'm fine if it takes as long as it needs to. Only reason I'm asking is because it's looking like Part 1 is being released in a week or so, so I suppose it would be cool to be able to play through the first bits of Part 1 translated, but I also have MT and am totally happy with that. I'm just curious is all.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
After a lot of work, we're releasing a new version of the patch, v1.0.1!

Main changes:
  • Fix crash at end of Chapter 0, preventing post-game play.
  • Fix an issue around a messed up link to the loot tables, causing chests to not work properly
  • translated a few more images
  • Added a lot more text translated
  • Really, a lot of text was translated.
There's still a few lines missing, but this should be a huge improvement over what we released earlier. The link to the patch downloads is here:

Enjoy!

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
There seems to be an error while patching the translation files, any way to fix this?
Have you used MTool in the past? That changes entries and causes the patch to fail. I'd just regrab a fresh demo from the store page and see if you're still having issues.

lunatic77

Reputation score
Have you used MTool in the past? That changes entries and causes the patch to fail. I'd just regrab a fresh demo from the store page and see if you're still having issues.
havent used mtool at all, but im currently downloading a fresh demo just in case

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hey Shrifted, is this trial translation compatible with the fully released game in any way? Thank you.

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
tried to patch the full game with this but didnt work can we get like a day one update to patch that makes it work with full game thx

Kernog

Reputation score
You seem to be in the same case as me.

I am currently trying to run an auto-translation through Translator++. I'll come back to you if it works. That should give Shrifted some time to react accordingly, even if it ends up being broken engrish.

Edit: so sadly, for the moment something I do during the machine translation process breaks the game, so I would have to take a look at it in detail. And while I can work the kinks of translating an english game to french with no difficulty, I am completely unable to do the same for japanese for the moment. Sorry.

Last edited:
OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hey Shrifted, is this trial translation compatible with the fully released game in any way? Thank you.
The last release I made won't be, but most of the work I've done should be applicable to the main game. I just bought the game and am looking at how much work it's going to be, but I don't imagine that getting a Chapter 0 patch should take too long in the grand scheme of things.

As for Chapter 1, we'll have to see how it goes. (y)

Civilincubus

Reputation score
The last release I made won't be, but most of the work I've done should be applicable to the main game. I just bought the game and am looking at how much work it's going to be, but I don't imagine that getting a Chapter 0 patch should take too long in the grand scheme of things.

As for Chapter 1, we'll have to see how it goes. (y)
Thank You Shrifted! I hope you get to enjoy the game fully as well, whether that be repatching and translations before, during, or after.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
v1.1 of the translation has been released! This works on the proper, full game release and covers Chapter 0, and all the new things developed for it.

Changelog
  • Patch now works with the current, full game release (v1.21)!
  • Salvage/Disassembly plugin has been fixed.
  • All the new lines for Chapter 0 have been translated. (Church work with Akiyama & other new features)
  • All new scenes implemented for the Chapter 0 girls (Yami, Kage-Onna, Cait Sith) have been translated.
  • New items available at shops have been translated.
  • A bit of the teaser text and the start of Chapter 1 has been translated.
  • As always, a lot of typos and a few missing lines were fixed.
Translated content ends at the point where you talk to the detective about the cold cases.

As always, come pick up the patch from the joint MEGA repository:

Hope you all enjoy!

SvenFletcher

Reputation score
I hate to rain on your parade, but SHRIFT II updated yesterday to 1.22

Reputation score
Download keeps failing, saying a virus is detected/file not found. Anyone else having this issue?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Download keeps failing, saying a virus is detected/file not found. Anyone else having this issue?
You may need to allow it on your computer or else it will get automatically deleted. For Windows 10, I just click the action pop-up that appears then say to take no action on the file.