Kornuptiko

Reputation score
First Battle against the Spirit in the school is not translated:

EDIT: Spirit as a whole is untranslated

InformationRequired

Reputation score

JakeMSG

Reputation score
In the meanwhile, I got to work, finished the current game, and even made a Mod for it (wanted to get easily to the Fights). I put all my done Files on my Blog, those files being:
-- Full Save, including getting all the Demon's Trust.
-- Info that I could find on the game.
-- The Mod: adds a FightGallery, an Instant-teleport between your Room and the Hotel, a Save Item (to save anywhere) and the option to change the levels of Lesser Demons (useful to quickly unlock their Scenes). The Mod does work both with, and without, the Translation Patch (changed both the Original and Translated data)
Link to the Files , under the "Femdom Fantasy/Succubi" category, in the Shrift Section.
I'll probably make a dedicated Review post for the game at some point, considering how much I already work on the Files for it and it's prequel.

I even started working a bit on Translating the pics the game comes with, although it's taking quite a bit of effort to get through (I'm a novice at translating, don't know much Japanese, rely hard on Sugoi Translator Toolkit and context). I finished 1 pic so far (one of the In-Game Tips), let me know if it's decent (or even worth it):

Attachments

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh wow, 2024 has certainly been a year of awkward timings and ill fortunes.

I grabbed the game for the first time a few minutes ago and the patcher didn't work for me. I looked through the thread and found the same issue being caused by a game update. Sure enough, today on the 10th, a brand new patch with extra content dropped. If only I had grabbed it a day sooner.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Oh wow, 2024 has certainly been a year of awkward timings and ill fortunes.

I grabbed the game for the first time a few minutes ago and the patcher didn't work for me. I looked through the thread and found the same issue being caused by a game update. Sure enough, today on the 10th, a brand new patch with extra content dropped. If only I had grabbed it a day sooner.
You can use MTool in the meanwhile (until the TR catches up). If you're on the Free Tier and the Translation goes over the quota, you can try to load the Translation File I made here:
Files that I'm talking about: (Under the "Femdom Fantasy/Succubi" category, at the Shrift II entry)
Finished (most of) the new changes. I added, to the files for the game, some temporary stuff (until Ch2 gets translated), such as Translated Pictures from Ch1, some Translated Data Files (that weren't changed between Ch1-Ch2), the Machine Translation File that can be loaded into MTool.... Also updated the Mod for game (will add the Ch2 Monsters to the Fight Gallery after I also get to play the damn Chapter), with the Biggest New Feature:

Meta Save Backup!

You can now use this to Meta-Save and Meta-Load (which copies your entire Save folder to one of the 4 "World" slots). Check, in Your Room in the Church, Bottom-Right corner for it. Upon Meta-Loading, you'll be taken to the Title Screen (to be able to load the Meta Save files). The Files are actually Created/Loaded/ANIHILATED within your game folder, inside the "www" folder, within a newly-made folder, called "BackupDimension". You can also manually add your Save folder files in there (in one of the World Slots), it will (meta-)load it just as well.

It works by using a nice Script ("ozu_File"), made by Ozubon, link to Script's Thread
, alongside some Node.js knowledge, and a decent amount of effort.

Now I can finally start fking playing the damn game, Jesus Christ I'm a nerd.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Chapter 2 is out! Will it be translated as well?
Is it being released as part of the main game or as separate games like monster girl quest paradox? I don't see anything new and the update just says new content which I think is the ghost?.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is it being released as part of the main game or as separate games like monster girl quest paradox? I don't see anything new and the update just says new content which I think is the ghost?.
main game just redownload it from the store page and once you finish chapter 1 chapter 2 will start by sleeping multiple times

Last edited:

124f5

Reputation score
if your trying to translate a recently downloaded copy then the problem is that the versions are incompatible, your gonna need to find version 1.6.3 of the game. Don't know if you can find that through DLSite but I vaguely remember doing it in the past. Also I wish you the best of luck to anyone trying to get through the game before translation if you don't know the language. I ended up taking individual screenshots of the text and translating it through an ORC tool designed to translate text documents from Japanese into English.

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
A quick update since it's been quiet in here for a bit: We've got everything ready to update the Shrift 2 Translation Patch for the new game version that's out. Expect a new patch to be released in the coming days unless Alan throws a few more game updates we'll have to alter some text for. This will cover the brief intro to Chapter 2, and all the new Chapter 1 content that's gotten added since the last release, like the girls expanded skill trees you now get for forging a Bond, and added bonus scenes. Hope to release to you soon! o/

tazze

Reputation score
A quick update since it's been quiet in here for a bit: We've got everything ready to update the Shrift 2 Translation Patch for the new game version that's out. Expect a new patch to be released in the coming days unless Alan throws a few more game updates we'll have to alter some text for. This will cover the brief intro to Chapter 2, and all the new Chapter 1 content that's gotten added since the last release, like the girls expanded skill trees you now get for forging a Bond, and added bonus scenes. Hope to release to you soon! o/
That's great to hear! thank you for all your hard work!

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Patch version 1.3 of the Shrift 2 Translation is now out! Changelog:

- Now runs on v2.07 of Shrift 2 (the latest, at time of writing).
Translated:
- The Chapter 2 intro, and recap at the start of the chapter.
- Finished off translating all the Chapter 1 demons bonus scenes.
- Translated the new expanded skill trees for all the Chapter 1 demons! These are unlocked by completing their bonding quests. Pre v2.05 there were issues in unlocking these, so if you played from version v2.00-v2.04, you may have your flags broken.
- Translated a few new items in shops that are accessible from the start of Chapter 2.
- Translated the tutorial for the new Spirit enemies in dungeons.
- Minor typo fixes.

Additionally, we've started up a simple Patreon! Over the years we've been working on translations for small games like this, we've heard from many people who have wanted to support our efforts. Our patches will continue to remain public for everyone to use, but for the folks that support us, they'll get to beta test the major patches we put out before they come out, as well as vote on future projects we take on.
tl;dr: We'll still be pinging here for public updates as usual, there will be no major changes to how things have worked.

Patreon link is for those who are interested in supporting.
Discord link for anyone to join and listen to updates on our translations is:

We'll be starting work on translating Chapter 2 proper next. Hope you enjoy the new patch! o/

RobPlayz

Reputation score
Patch version 1.3 of the Shrift 2 Translation is now out! Changelog:

Additionally, we've started up a simple Patreon! Over the years we've been working on translations for small games like this, we've heard from many people who have wanted to support our efforts. Our patches will continue to remain public for everyone to use, but for the folks that support us, they'll get to beta test the major patches we put out before they come out, as well as vote on future projects we take on.
tl;dr: We'll still be pinging here for public updates as usual, there will be no major changes to how things have worked.

Patreon link is for those who are interested in supporting.
Discord link for anyone to join and listen to updates on our translations is:

We'll be starting work on translating Chapter 2 proper next. Hope you enjoy the new patch! o/
How can I download this new translation patch for the game?

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Thank You! :D

for translating do I have to inject all of the previous ones including the new one?
Just the new one. Make sure you've got the latest version of the game for it (currently, v2.07)