What's new

RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

Elsiss_Surana

Reputation score
Question for you guys. I have been trying to download VNR and get it up and running. The only problem is that my anti virus software keeps flagging VNR and removing the archive. Is this normal, or have I been downloading from the wrong site?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Question for you guys. I have been trying to download VNR and get it up and running. The only problem is that my anti virus software keeps flagging VNR and removing the archive. Is this normal, or have I been downloading from the wrong site?
It is quite normal. Text hookers have to read the memory of another software in order to work, and a lot of anti-virus flag that as malware. This is also why many anti-virus software flags Cheat Engine as malware, even though it is probably the most trusted game cheat software around the world.

Elsiss_Surana

Reputation score
It is quite normal. Text hookers have to read the memory of another software in order to work, and a lot of anti-virus flag that as malware. This is also why many anti-virus software flags Cheat Engine as malware, even though it is probably the most trusted game cheat software around the world.
Thank you

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
any idea how to stop the repeating text in this game? I am talking about the scenes from the PC

Bamboo88

Lurker
Reputation score
By the way, this works for RPGM MZ.

The I tried it on had a different folder structure than an MV game and I couldn't get it to work at first, so here's what did it:
create a www folder inside the extracted game, move the already present js folder inside, then run the program. Once that is done, move the patched js folder back into the game folder and it'll run.

Hopefully all MZ games will work like this 🙏

Dark_iaji

Reputation score
The cheat menu has been updated with a new version.
I want to update the cheat menu in the RPGMakerMVGame Hook patch to a new version.
Can open source source code allow me to carry out these tasks.

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
In games, the hooker is repeating the names of enemies in combat, flooding the screen with it even if they're not being targeted. What is causing this?

dienow

Reputation score
No, when you're idle on your turn. It happens in a couple of games. I can only fix it by going in and translating the names, so it stops trying to translate them and ignores them.

zak

Reputation score
Hi. I need some help with RegEx ignoring choice texts. Some games spam me with texts like this (suppose I'm using "。\r\n" as separator):

「はい。
いいえ」

To let the hooker ignore them, I tried RegEx such as:

^はいい.*いえ$
^はいい。\r\nいえ$
^はいい[\S\s]*いえ$
etc.

But none of these works. I also have tried changing the separator to simple characters like comma or dot, which doesn't work either. What is the right way to RegEx them?

Jackie_Bunz

Reputation score
Im having problems with Translation Aggregator, when i run the program it fails to translate the japanese text in the google or bing windows. All that shows up is a message that reads "Unrecognized response received [null,null,"ja",null,null,null,null,[]]"

I have the latest version, and also have the chiplogger plugin installed in the game.exe, Im not quite sure how to resolve this. can anyone assist?

1609944048153.png

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Im having problems with Translation Aggregator, when i run the program it fails to translate the japanese text in the google or bing windows. All that shows up is a message that reads "Unrecognized response received [null,null,"ja",null,null,null,null,[]]"

I have the latest version, and also have the chiplogger plugin installed in the game.exe, Im not quite sure how to resolve this. can anyone assist?

View attachment 37005
I don't think it's possible to get TA to work with Bing or Google anymore. Install ATLAS and use it instead.

zipetya

Reputation score

I don't think it's possible to get TA to work with Bing or Google anymore. Install ATLAS and use it instead.
Why not get a TA version that still works with Google?
Look for Translation Aggregator r194 from Sinflower, for example.
Just sayin'.
(ATLAS is shiiiiit)

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Can someone share the code for the forced name separator (the one using codes) for this ? I already got the 1 for the princess and her fiance but i am not sure how many more there are

cheerup

Lurker
Reputation score
By the way, this works for RPGM MZ.

The I tried it on had a different folder structure than an MV game and I couldn't get it to work at first, so here's what did it:
create a www folder inside the extracted game, move the already present js folder inside, then run the program. Once that is done, move the patched js folder back into the game folder and it'll run.

Hopefully all MZ games will work like this 🙏
This doesnt work with all games, but if you copy the patched js folder into both the main and www created folder then it should work.
Thanks for your clever trick, it really helped me a lot. :)