What's new

[Complete - Partial] [サークル1号 / Circle One] サイレントピル / Silent Pill (RJ329929)

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
DLsite:
ulmf discussion thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/saakuru1-circle-one-sairentopiru-silent-pill-rj329929.14889/

Another partial, this time for a game called Silent Pill, one I really enjoyed as far as the H content. Translated the usual, menus/interface, items, skills, enemies, etc. Also included cliplogger as usual, which sends the dialogue text to the clipboard to be translated in whatever software you like. If you aren't familiar with any, Textractor set up to use DeepL (there are youtube videos on how to do this) is probably your best bet, unless you are learning Japanese.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to start a new game to get the full benefit of this partial, nothing I can do about this due to the way this game is set up. The H stats screen starts out with "???" for every stat, and changes when the stat is used for the first time, and when the game saves, it saves these entries. I could make an event that sets them all or whatever, but this game does not have a central hub of any kind, when you go to a new area, there's no backtracking. Not to mention it would ruin the fun of "unlocking" them.

Just drag, drop, and overwrite to apply the patch for this one. As usual, let me know if there are any issues.

Attachments

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Definitely interested in translating this game fully, but I'm working on another project currently (and just wrapped up another one a few weeks ago).
It's also for the best since I'd prefer to give Circle One time to release any bug fixes and updates first, and I usually don't like translating recently released games right after they've been published, since I find it's more respectful and profitable to the devs (given translated games seem to get pirated faster).

This will be the next game I'd like to translate, but if anyone wants to take it over before me, please do.
Mayak, I won't be using your partial to translate off of though, if that's okay. But thanks for the partial anyway.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Mayak, I won't be using your partial to translate off of though, if that's okay. But thanks for the partial anyway.
No worries, I'd want to start from scratch myself. And good to see someone is interested in giving it a full TL, I enjoyed this one. Was considering this one for a full TL myself, but it would be quite a while before I could get to it, so go right ahead if you want. When you get to it, if you have any questions (like where the H-stats are or anything) feel free to message me here or on discord.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
No worries, I'd want to start from scratch myself. And good to see someone is interested in giving it a full TL, I enjoyed this one. Was considering this one for a full TL myself, but it would be quite a while before I could get to it, so go right ahead if you want. When you get to it, if you have any questions (like where the H-stats are or anything) feel free to message me here or on discord.
Much appreciated. I'm honestly having difficulty in finding where the H-menu text is located ... I did a global search of the maps (including Common Events) and plugins and couldn't find them, so yeah, do you mind pointing me in the right direction?

I'm gonna just start it and pause my other translation. I'm having a good time working on it, so while it looks like a month-long process, I think I'll take ownership of this (or well, I'm just saying I'll translate).

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Much appreciated. I'm honestly having difficulty in finding where the H-menu text is located ... I did a global search of the maps (including Common Events) and plugins and couldn't find them, so yeah, do you mind pointing me in the right direction?
The H-stats are set in common events 20-61 (each stat has its own common event since they are set when you unlock them) by script commands rather than normal rpgmaker events like setting a variable or whatever, that may be why they didn't show up in a search. They showed up for me with Notepad++ though, might be worth grabbing that if you're using another program to search (it's freeware if you're unfamiliar with it). I didn't tackle things like last H partner or womb state, I'd assume they are set as a variable during H events. They should be in-engine text rather than images since they show up in cliplogger. EDIT: just flipped through common events a bit and found a few more, may just need to skim through them and look for grey text.
A few things on the H-stats/"medical report" screen are images, however, so you'd have to decrypt the images and edit them.

Last edited:

orlanso

Reputation score
This thread is for translation discussion only.
any one full save gane data

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
The H-stats are set in common events 20-61 (each stat has its own common event since they are set when you unlock them) by script commands rather than normal rpgmaker events like setting a variable or whatever, that may be why they didn't show up in a search. They showed up for me with Notepad++ though, might be worth grabbing that if you're using another program to search (it's freeware if you're unfamiliar with it). I didn't tackle things like last H partner or womb state, I'd assume they are set as a variable during H events. They should be in-engine text rather than images since they show up in cliplogger. EDIT: just flipped through common events a bit and found a few more, may just need to skim through them and look for grey text.
A few things on the H-stats/"medical report" screen are images, however, so you'd have to decrypt the images and edit them.
Thanks for the info.
I've finished clearing the game and also translating all story, as well as most menus, skills, equipment and items.
And:
I've also added a branched option, since there's a mandatory R scene with the female protagonist (meaning you can't actually get a "virgin run" ... then again, the protagonist isn't a virgin either way, so whatever). I'm also planning to provide an option to keep the secondary party member alive, but that'll take a ton of coding in RPGMaker. Not even sure if I wanna do that since I'll have to update the upcoming translation patch to account for any new updates from this game anyway, so I might just wait or eschew that idea.

Only translated about 3 H scenes so far, and that'll take the bulk of the translation efforts since there are about 4000 lines of text for H-scenes. A dozen enemies and bosses, each with multiple battle R AND GOR scenes, and each of THOSE has either a normal or ecchi/lust version. So I'll be busy and probably drained after I finish the translation. But thanks for the H-menu location; I might just steal your idea and use "infidelity" and "lust" (I currently have "cheating" and "estrus" there, but they look pretty odd).

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
@mayaktheunholy , just a progress report of sorts.
About 80% done. Story and menus are fully translated. Got about 65-70% of the gallery/scenes finished, and while I'm getting tired and want to move on soon, I'm still on track to complete this full translation. However, I've got some bad news to anyone waiting for this:

The devs actually released a new version of the game two days ago with some new CGs and events, so while that's great, the problem is that I'll need to wait/try to find this new version to download online. THEN I'll need to go through the long process of importing my translation over (it's a big translation, which means I'll have to check my work quite a bit for changes). And even after that, I made some personal changes to allow for a "virgin run" (basically, I branched mandatory sex scenes in the game to avoid the MC being forced into them).

Sooooo yeah, I'll need to look for the new version of the game even AFTER I finish this translation, and then do more work import and re-do all my own changes, so it'll take a while to complete. :/

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
About 80% done. Story and menus are fully translated. Got about 65-70% of the gallery/scenes finished, and while I'm getting tired and want to move on soon, I'm still on track to complete this full translation. However, I've got some bad news to anyone waiting for this:

The devs actually released a new version of the game two days ago with some new CGs and events, so while that's great, the problem is that I'll need to wait/try to find this new version to download online. THEN I'll need to go through the long process of importing my translation over (it's a big translation, which means I'll have to check my work quite a bit for changes). And even after that, I made some personal changes to allow for a "virgin run" (basically, I branched mandatory sex scenes in the game to avoid the MC being forced into them).

Sooooo yeah, I'll need to look for the new version of the game even AFTER I finish this translation, and then do more work import and re-do all my own changes, so it'll take a while to complete. :/
Oof, yeah, that's why I always wait til the game's been out a while before starting a full tl. But even that's not a guarantee, lol. I remember after I started translating Ouka RPG, it had a surprise update long after we thought the dev was done updating it. Hopefully not too much changed and you'll be able to copy-paste most if not all of what you already have done. Or maybe just copy the new events into the existing translation.
Thanks for mentioning the update though, will have to check that out myself.
EDIT: The updated version is on hentai-sharing.net if you're still looking for a dl.

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Oof, yeah, that's why I always wait til the game's been out a while before starting a full tl. But even that's not a guarantee, lol. I remember after I started translating Ouka RPG, it had a surprise update long after we thought the dev was done updating it. Hopefully not too much changed and you'll be able to copy-paste most if not all of what you already have done. Or maybe just copy the new events into the existing translation.
Thanks for mentioning the update though, will have to check that out myself.
EDIT: The updated version is on hentai-sharing.net if you're still looking for a dl.
Thanks. Yeahhhh, been translating for a few years and I've learned to usually wait as well. I think it was Adventurer Milia that came out with an update like, 3 years after it debuted. Luckily, I was sorta in the middle of translating, so it didn't take much effort to transfer my stuff.

My plan for this one is to just check the events that I've altered and if they're the same file size as the original/old version (aka no changes), I'll just replace the new ones with my edited ones. And for the rest, I'll create a new translation file and copy/paste everything, as you said. Problem is checking everything. Thanks for the heads up. I'll go download that one and hope there aren't any more new updates for this game in the future, lol.

EDIT: Looks like the version on hentai-sharing is still the old one (v1, dated 6/11/21).

Last edited:

lmaccount

Lurker
Reputation score
And even after that, I made some personal changes to allow for a "virgin run" (basically, I branched mandatory sex scenes in the game to avoid the MC being forced into them).
This sounds like a really good idea. Looking forward to your final translation!

Oir

Reputation score
Not sure how I missed this one but glad to see the partial and also glad to see the full translation is in progress @Emerald_Gladiator
Thank you for doing god's work y'all

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thanks guys. I'm working hard on it (behind schedule a bit), but I finished like, 99.5% of the H-scenes (not an exaggeration; there's 13 lines left to translate of 3717 in the Common Events map).

I still need to translate the H-menu and the mission objectives, check for any bugs, and include any personal touches (and a changelog/ReadMe), but otherwise, it's nearly done.
There are 3 mandatory sex scenes in game that prevent a virgin run, and while I've modified the maps to use some workarounds, I sorta want to make them more canonically believable so that the player can really choose or has an alternate path to an ending (there's 7 total endings).

EDIT: Slightly bad news but the H-menu and mission objectives (yes, all 30 or so of them) are graphics, meaning I need to manually translate each line of Japanese without the aid of a translator, then edit the graphics, not just to replace the Japanese but also for size/font/etc. And I also need to get into RPGMaker and edit the Common Events directly to translate the rest of the H-menu, including the variables (which will take time to find, translate, and rename).

Sooooo yeah, that'll take some time. Good news is that it's going well and I don't expect this to be a huge setback.

Last edited:

lmaccount

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks guys. I'm working hard on it (behind schedule a bit), but I finished like, 99.5% of the H-scenes (not an exaggeration; there's 13 lines left to translate of 3717 in the Common Events map).

I still need to translate the H-menu and the mission objectives, check for any bugs, and include any personal touches (and a changelog/ReadMe), but otherwise, it's nearly done.
There are 3 mandatory sex scenes in game that prevent a virgin run, and while I've modified the maps to use some workarounds, I sorta want to make them more canonically believable so that the player can really choose or has an alternate path to an ending (there's 7 total endings).

EDIT: Slightly bad news but the H-menu and mission objectives (yes, all 30 or so of them) are graphics, meaning I need to manually translate each line of Japanese without the aid of a translator, then edit the graphics, not just to replace the Japanese but also for size/font/etc. And I also need to get into RPGMaker and edit the Common Events directly to translate the rest of the H-menu, including the variables (which will take time to find, translate, and rename).

Sooooo yeah, that'll take some time. Good news is that it's going well and I don't expect this to be a huge setback.
Sounds good so far! Keep up the good work, we're supporting you with this translation project. I hope the fonts aren't an issue.

And the alternate path is a really good idea...not even sure why the weird NEET guy is even in the story. It detracts from a lot of the sense of tension and eroticism to know there's a creepy guy just standing off to the side in every scene. There's a reason why most games have a single protagonist female and not a random guy following.

Good luck editing the common events, I always have trouble with those too, especially when they're hardcoded characters. Sometimes I've had to straight up edit the graphics one by one, which is a pain.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Sounds good so far! Keep up the good work, we're supporting you with this translation project. I hope the fonts aren't an issue.

And the alternate path is a really good idea...not even sure why the weird NEET guy is even in the story. It detracts from a lot of the sense of tension and eroticism to know there's a creepy guy just standing off to the side in every scene. There's a reason why most games have a single protagonist female and not a random guy following.

Good luck editing the common events, I always have trouble with those too, especially when they're hardcoded characters. Sometimes I've had to straight up edit the graphics one by one, which is a pain.
Thanks. I've actually found most of them (through trial and error), since I've had some experience with directly editing from RPGMaker instead of T++. And yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing now - editing graphics (32 of them to be exact). Pain in the butt, since I'm having to figure out what the kanji says without the use of an online dictionary, and then translate accordingly.

I think the NEET dude is in there because a lot of the game is "NTR-like" (and please don't quote me on that, because I know I'm misdefining the NTR concept, and I'm not gonna instigate with the Internet otakus). I actually don't mind him much, but I get why you don't. The alt path is to:
prevent forced sex with him. In fact, I wanted to include an option to allow him to survive the entire game, and have a special ending for him, but that's a decent amount of work on my end. Maybe if I have the energy after finishing this translation.

lmaccount

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks. I've actually found most of them (through trial and error), since I've had some experience with directly editing from RPGMaker instead of T++. And yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing now - editing graphics (32 of them to be exact). Pain in the butt, since I'm having to figure out what the kanji says without the use of an online dictionary, and then translate accordingly.

I think the NEET dude is in there because a lot of the game is "NTR-like" (and please don't quote me on that, because I know I'm misdefining the NTR concept, and I'm not gonna instigate with the Internet otakus). I actually don't mind him much, but I get why you don't. The alt path is to:
prevent forced sex with him. In fact, I wanted to include an option to allow him to survive the entire game, and have a special ending for him, but that's a decent amount of work on my end. Maybe if I have the energy after finishing this translation.
I honestly wouldn't recommend putting in the extra effort for that extra option; I don't think there's really any demand for that ending. The translation alone is probably going to be enough for the community.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I honestly wouldn't recommend putting in the extra effort for that extra option; I don't think there's really any demand for that ending. The translation alone is probably going to be enough for the community.
lol, fair enough. Maybe that'll be my side project, since I personally wouldn't mind seeing that in there as a fun addition. I've already had to branch out three mandatory scenes and modify certain game situations to allow a pure "virgin run" anyway.

I'm gonna sleep now, but I've translated 13/31 of the mission objectives and edited their graphics; slightly easier than expected, but it still takes about 5 min per graphic. At least I've finished the H-menu and Common Events, which were gargantuan projects in and of themselves, so I'm relieved. Again, nearly done and should have this out soon, but I'm also gonna take my time and possibly even playtest/run through the game a little to check for bugs, errors, or missing translation that I can fix.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
lol, fair enough. Maybe that'll be my side project, since I personally wouldn't mind seeing that in there as a fun addition. I've already had to branch out three mandatory scenes and modify certain game situations to allow a pure "virgin run" anyway.

I'm gonna sleep now, but I've translated 13/31 of the mission objectives and edited their graphics; slightly easier than expected, but it still takes about 5 min per graphic. At least I've finished the H-menu and Common Events, which were gargantuan projects in and of themselves, so I'm relieved. Again, nearly done and should have this out soon, but I'm also gonna take my time and possibly even playtest/run through the game a little to check for bugs, errors, or missing translation that I can fix.
Wow, saw this was a partial and I don't normally play those but the art looked cool. Only to come to the thread and see you have nearly finished a complete translation. That's awesome news. Added it to my basket on DLsite, so I can pick it up when the translation is released.
Thanks for taking the time to work on it.