What's new

ACT ADV [さす幻 / Wanderer Fantasy] Ferns Bloom (RJ420875)

Magicm

Reputation score
No that move is just instant kill regardless of how much health you have, just spam flying kick (hold left or right + z) to stay away from it.
Ah, I figured it wasn't health based, but rather it was some lust attack that stops working once you gather all the powerups that made sense lorewise.
I gotta give her another try then if it is actually just an avoidable attack.

Also for the ones talking about gallery, translator said 3rd option in menu reads as "Gallery (Coming soon)", so seemingly not implemented yet if translation got it right.

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
Hell, i just tried the demo and hoo boy, i'm getting all the tells that this would be rough.

On start the sprite is vibrating up and down, and does so during some dialogue boxes, floating slow jumps, crappy falling, chunky stages, zero coyote effect, weird placements, things perfectly out of range to make you do something else, not even "I know i can't make that" but close enough to give you that "maybe i cna if i do better?" feel. pointless side-areas, the demo doesn't even have an end, the boss gets defeated and you can just... run back? wtf? I can put hedgehogs into a hole and they can run around a pathway maze that i can't get in or see, but nothing happens, why is this hole here.

Phew. I don't even wanna try the main game.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Ooof, ok this game holy crap...
No, just nooooooooooo. I made it to the last 2 stages and I just quit that is just way too hard.. The sprite action isn't worth this hassle. Big nope

Derp666

Reputation score
Sounds like another victim of the age old H-game story of great sprites but terrible game design.

Edit: OMG that bird part is bullS**T

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Okay, so I just made it to stage 3 (water stage I think), and so far...well, I kinda like the game. Yeah that bird jumping part was stupid, especially the last part of it. But I've been enjoying it, honestly. I'm a little eager to see how the last couple stages are, given how everyone's been talking about it. At least the punishment for failing stuff isn't as harsh as Getting Over It.

Hoo boy, yeah it's getting tough. The water area wasn't so bad, but the eel chase was stupid. Caves weren't so bad, just got lost a lot. The last area i'm still getting through but the timed tentacle squares are giving me trouble. I'm stubborn though, so I'm gonna try to push through it another time. Gonna take a break from it for now.
Also, is the game still missing some things? The first boss had a game over scene, but the rest just send you back to the previous room immediately.

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
if anyone has a save before the water level and cave level bosses that would be great assuming they have bosses.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This game is clearly inspired by retro platformers and yeah, if those aren't your cup of tea, you shouldn't bother with this game. Decent art, but horribly frustrating, especially since so many enemies can't even be attacked and half of everything is insta-kill, making health ups almost pointless for most of the platforming stuff and riddles like the slug one. Another big problem is the apparent lack of instructions for certain parts. The eels are a great example of this, you have to learn that the kick under water also propels you downwards unless you kick into a wall once you start sinking, so you basically have to memorise the entire part until the Z-curve and know when to rise/sink before you stand a chance.

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Update coming very soon, Here is a roughly MTL'd portion of the difficulty adjustments from the ci-en

About difficulty adjustment The following are the adjustments made in this replacement. Extract from it and write down the details.
(1) Enlarged the collision judgment of the green bird by about 2 times
② Change the placement and movement of the green bird and blue bird
③ Changed to the specification that once you damage the blue bird, it will be incapacitated.
④ Since the small fish enemy was too strong, the physical strength of some enemies was corrected to be low.
⑤ Significantly increased the attack power of the main character Fern
⑥ Correction of hit detection of tadpoles
⑦ Decrease the number of tadpoles
⑧ Abolition of instant death of tadpoles
(9) Tadpole's attack power is greatly reduced
⑩Changed so that you can move downward faster by pressing the down key underwater.
⑪Halves the speed of eels approaching from behind underwater areas
⑫ Decrease the speed of moving up and down the slug swamp in the last area.
⑬ Fixed the invincibility time of the giant catfish boss's projectile (Yatsume) attack
⑭Reduced the number of physical strength required to pass through the area.
⑮ Corrected the shape of the area where the slug swamp rises and falls ⑯Reduced places where small jumps are required
⑰ Added a respawn point in the slug swamp
①②③About Birds We received the most complaints about bird jumping in the forest area. A bird jump is an object for scaffolding installed at the hero's feet. It was possible to jump when the green bird judgment object overlapped. However, as everyone has said, Midoritori's judgment was very small and severe, so The bird's hitbox has been enlarged to about twice the size. Changing the placement of birds. Especially change the forest area, the swamp area, the last area, Reduced difficulty. Changed the specification so that if you damage the blue bird, it will not attack.

④⑤About the strength of small fish enemies We have received many reports that small fish enemies are hard. ・Halves slugs and dogs health ・Significantly increased the attack power of the main character Fern We dealt with these two points. Fern's attack power has also increased, so I think the boss battle will be easier.

⑥~⑨ Tadpoles We have also received a report about the tadpoles in the swamp area. Tadpoles in the swamp area I was thinking of it as a lava of Super Ma*o. However, what is required for this work is eroticism, If the tension that includes such an instant death element is unnecessary, I noticed your comment. Therefore, there is no instant death judgment. However, after falling into the swamp, it is not processed to return to the scaffolding. In the current situation, it is necessary to go up to the scaffolding by yourself. If such processing is necessary, I would like to add it again.

⑩⑪Underwater operation The underwater area where the eel is approaching was set too close. As I mentioned above, eroge doesn't need that kind of unnecessary tension. The speed of the eel has been halved, but the event itself where the eel is chasing You don't need it, do you? "I also think." We would love to hear your opinions. Allows downward movement underwater. It is highly stressful that it is difficult to move, If you think about it, it's a matter of course. It's the height of stupidity that I didn't realize that obvious.

⑭ Number of physical strength required to pass through the area Mori 450 → 400 Swamp 700 → 650 Cave 940→850 We have changed it like this. However, isn't it better not to set the required physical strength in the first place? I also think. However, physical strength is also related to the story, so We would like to take your opinions into consideration.

⑮⑯ Small jump In this work, jump power can be adjusted for the time being, The small jump I wanted was too severe. Especially the part at the end where if you fail to jump you will fall into the slug swamp. thoroughly ruled out.
⑰ Added a respawn point in the slug swamp Instead of returning to the beginning when you fall into the slug swamp, Made it move to specific near-field coordinates.

Other requests This is a request that we could not meet in time this time because we prioritized fatal bugs.
① I want you to increase the number of intermediate points
② I want you to reduce the collection elements of peaches
③ Hints are too complicated
④ The gimmick is too unreasonable Too difficult (ex. What is door deathmatch!)
⑤ Relief for those who cannot clear, such as invincible mode ⑥ "I want a map because I get lost" "I don't know how to proceed to stage 5"
⑦ There are many scenes where there is no invincibility time and you get stuck
⑧ I want a key config that can adjust the volume
⑨ You don't know the timing of the enemy's attack Thank you for your valuable opinion. This time, due to the replacement for the purpose of fixing a fatal bug, I'm sorry that I couldn't accommodate these. I would like to fix it one by one and add an update in the future. (Of course, the number of replacements should be kept to a minimum.) I would like to continue to receive your impressions, reports, requests, harsh opinions and complaints. Thank you very much to all of you. This time I learned a lot. I caused a lot of trouble to everyone at the time of release, I'd like to hear your opinion and improve it little by little. We are also creating a gallery, so please continue to support us in the future.
Honestly, considering this is their first game, I can say im satisfied, it should actually be playable once it goes live, still difficult probably

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, im my honest opinion, the swamp stage was hard, yes, but it was 'challenging' hard. I actually enjoyed clearing that part, except for the boss, because you would get soft locked if you didn't know what you were doing and when you know what to do, it gets painfully slow to win the fight agasint that boss.
My major problems come on the last 2 stages, not to mention that the cave boss has an insta death attack if it bugs out, the one where you can get grappled by the slime on the ceiling. Even if you break out of its grasp, the grapple animation continues, while still draning your HP lmao...
The last stage, holy mother of God... like, there's traps everywhere on each room that lead you to the start of the room if you fall into them. That's some hardcore shit right there...

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The challenge can be fun but when the target audience is those who brought the game for the hentai then they will get frustrated very quickly because they get stuck and feel denied of the content they paid for. The difficulty of a hentai game should be balanced so that it’s not braindead easy but also not too hard so that the audience can access all the content, or have the difficulty adjustable during the playthrough so it can be turned down if a section of the game becomes too hard.

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I kinda feel a little sorry for the dev. They must have had no qualms about releasing the game as it was when it launched, then came back to see a whole slew of grievances about the game difficulty and mechanics. At least they're trying to rectify as much as they can, but I still can't help but feel sorry for them.

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm moreso surprised no one's talking about the ladybug slug area where you have to masturbate at very specific spots as fast as possible or its a OHKO.
That part is rough due to not even knowing where you're supposed to go at a certain point, and not being able to see far enough to realize a slug is chasing you from a specific location nearby.

edit: the bird part wasn't too difficult-- the trick is to just hold shift near where her feet are just about to touch the bird. Blue birds can always be incapped-- even the respawning ones, so you can just go up to one and smack it a few times to shut it up. The only part I struggle with is getting that heart on the top left-- Might be a trick to getting it later on.

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
It strikes me as a game that was designed by mathing out each jump to make sure it's technically possible without a lot of full playtesting to see if it feels good to play all together. But I do appreciate his willingness to put in the effort to tone things down.

I'm moreso surprised no one's talking about the ladybug slug area where you have to masturbate at very specific spots as fast as possible or its a OHKO.
That part is rough, but ultimately optional, so I guess there are more people willing to give it a pass if you're not required to do it.

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I think the game would've been fine if it wasn't filled with 1hko stuff.
If touching tadpoles just damaged you and sent you back a bit, and if you had a decent invul time after being damaged. Not to mention, a wall of 1hko eels chasing you, where you have to track back.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
That part is rough due to not even knowing where you're supposed to go at a certain point, and not being able to see far enough to realize a slug is chasing you from a specific location nearby.

edit: the bird part wasn't too difficult-- the trick is to just hold shift near where her feet are just about to touch the bird. Blue birds can always be incapped-- even the respawning ones, so you can just go up to one and smack it a few times to shut it up. The only part I struggle with is getting that heart on the top left-- Might be a trick to getting it later on.
I actually liked that part. It was kinda fun to figure out which potion to get then where to masturbate without the ladybugs getting you. Then near the end you have to get one away enough so you can use the spot it went away from to safely normalize yourself. Besides the one time I got bullcrap hitreg'd by one of the monsters, it wasn't a bad time. The one in the cave level where you have to possess that critter to platform around the nonsensically erratic moving potions can go to hell, though.

Will Not Available

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah had to bring out cheat engine, this game suffers from unreasonable platformer sections to boring damage sponge bosses.
how did you do it? mine doesnt freeze the values (damage still triggers and my health decreases), or am i that bad at using it?