What's new

ACT ADV [さす幻 / Wanderer Fantasy] Ferns Bloom (RJ420875)

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The eels are a great example of this, you have to learn that the kick under water also propels you downwards unless you kick into a wall once you start sinking, so you basically have to memorise the entire part until the Z-curve and know when to rise/sink before you stand a chance.
Please elaborate, I don't see any kicks that propel you downwards. The jump kick makes you go up, the forward kick makes you go left or right, and the upward kick does nothing underwater.
Is there a kick I'm missing?

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Please elaborate, I don't see any kicks that propel you downwards. The jump kick makes you go up, the forward kick makes you go left or right, and the upward kick does nothing underwater.
Is there a kick I'm missing?
dash kicking makes you fall slightly faster than idling in water-- however, it also causes you to practically levitate if you're rising, instead.

mimic22

Reputation score
This game is clearly inspired by retro platformers and yeah, if those aren't your cup of tea, you shouldn't bother with this game. Decent art, but horribly frustrating, especially since so many enemies can't even be attacked and half of everything is insta-kill, making health ups almost pointless for most of the platforming stuff and riddles like the slug one. Another big problem is the apparent lack of instructions for certain parts. The eels are a great example of this, you have to learn that the kick under water also propels you downwards unless you kick into a wall once you start sinking, so you basically have to memorise the entire part until the Z-curve and know when to rise/sink before you stand a chance.
Like Vorpal rabbit ?

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oddly enough, I only really struggled with the tadpoles/ the very VERY final room.
While I have my complaints about "The floor is lava" idea that the dev had, I do feel like the challenges were... Unpolished, at best?
Then again, I'm sure his next game will probably feel much more idealistic than this-- and the animations were great for the most part, so I'm not going to complain as much as some think the dev deserves.
ICBW but from a first-game perspective, it honestly wasn't that bad, they just had some unrefined ideas that didn't stand well against their audience.
Overall I'll give it a solid 6/10 with no real regrets playing it
and Cheat Engining my way to 99999 max health to skip those silly little OHKO obstacles here and there that bugged me

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
and Cheat Engining my way to 99999 max health to skip those silly little OHKO obstacles here and there that bugged me
Did that really help at all with the stuff that sent you back to the beginning of the room?

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just sorta slowed the game down to 0.5x speed and it helped tremendously.

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So yeah, ci-en post

Basically easier platforming, tips/tutorial on new enemy types, more checkpoints, more recovery items, more hp, less enemy dmg, boss respawn, bug fixing, etc etc.
Other stuff being requested are also being considered atm, one of em is implementing an invul mode so you can just breeze through, another is big hp mode.... example 2k hp at the very start.
But anyways, he working to make the game less infuriating at least..... though I don't think I read anything about the 1hko things...

Nuula

Lurker
Reputation score
Am I being 100% daft but I cannot figure out for the life of me where to go after learning to control the smol cat things

Anedepami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Man, that was probably the hardest game from DLSite I've ever gone through and cleared. The three swamp rooms weren't even anywhere near as annoying as the room before the final boss. It also didn't even feel that satisfying due to the general jankiness of the player's sprite and physics. At least the sprite animation is decent.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Am I being 100% daft but I cannot figure out for the life of me where to go after learning to control the smol cat things
There was a statue near the beginning of that level, come back to it

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Beat the game. Couldn't stand the layout of the caves and had to take a break in the tentacle dimension place for my sanity a time or two, but past that it wasn't bad. Do wish there was a gallery though, seeing as how you can't even replay boss fights.

mat974

Lurker
Reputation score
English Discussion Only
salut il y a un sauvegarde avec la gallery si vous plait

Will Not Available

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
salut il y a un sauvegarde avec la gallery si vous plait
Google tranlste: Le jeu n'a pas encore de galerie, l'auteur veut l'ajouter dans la prochaine mise à jour
(the game doesn't have a gallery yet, the author wants to to add it in the next update)