What's new

[WIP - Full] [ScaleGarden] [RJ052839] - Breath of Fire & Iron - [English Translation]

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] [RJ052839] - Breath of Fire & Iron - [English Translation]

understandable life is priority and translating takes tons of time and energy!
keep up the good work, even just small bits here and there, eventually you get it done and we will be here thanking for your effort!

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any news?

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Any news?
Hate to say it, but as his last post was the one 5 months ago saying this was on indefinite hold I would say that IS the news...maybe someone else will be a white knight and swoop this up...(who knows?) but I wouldn't count on it right now...everyone has their own projects going...

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hate to say it, but as his last post was the one 5 months ago saying this was on indefinite hold I would say that IS the news...maybe someone else will be a white knight and swoop this up...(who knows?) but I wouldn't count on it right now...everyone has their own projects going...
It's so sad... Maybe it's time for me to learn Japanese))

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Some guy send me this translation:

Here his description of this:
So I am now uploading a version with merged translations that I made

Here is the rundown of the translations I made:
First part of the kidnapping quest: upto Kate is locked in the dungeon and some text with the girls.
Most of the text in the skull Island
All of the 11 pages of event dialogues with Mary store
Parts of the stolen ring event.
All parts of the dock dialogue (before setting sail).
parts of the hot springs dialogue
parts of the ogre event
all of the dialogues inside the guardhouse
parts of the dialogues inside the inn

Unfortunately, the RPGMaker XP Japanese I have is 15 days left for the trial. And not even uninstalling it, removing all the registry entries reset the trial days. So I am trying my best to finish this by then.

However, my priority for the moment is to translate 40 pages of event dialogues of the innkeeper and all the town dialogue.

As usual, replace the files in the data folder with this.

Hoboy

Reputation score

that sounds really weird and suspicion o_O
No - he did the same to me. He explained he sent his work (so far) to people he saw that commented recently in the thread for this, for overall opinions. I held off, hoping he would resume work somehow, but I guess he couldn't afford to buy his SW, so...

He was from the Philippines, and doesn't even have a post yet, so he couldn't post anything. Well - wish he could've continued - did pretty good work from what I saw.

Last edited:

4GunZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here another update from dreamersproject:
Translation Update: RPGMaker XP trial ended and I think I fucked up edition
Link:
Decrypt key: !0_fyLG6x1brVKVknFOJb8C4Xnlk95ohosNwUYudBYjY
Or:

I have translated all the dialogues of the Innkeeper and some of the park events and the first fight with Antoid soldier (I think before Gide blackmails you)
Some rants about translating it:
The Innkeeper was talking in old style Nagoya and Kansai accent mixed with old person style talking, which was very very hard to decipher. Gide was talking like in a mix of Kansai accent and a chinpira. some of the words are actually inflections and reference to other dialogues and word play.

So, I tried to translate this by following the flow of the dialogue through the RPGMaker XP trial. and it was still hard, particularly, Kate, with too much of her Uhn and Sou. Until I realized that Kate might be Goblin Slayer level of autistic, and I put "is that so", it made the dialogue so much sense. My disappointment of my translation comes from the innkeeper. I translated his Ogokuro as "Good work today" where I should have just put Good job. Also, since the text refered the Ogre as Ajin or demi-human, put there demi-human instead of going straight to Ogre.

Overall: I guess I got a little liberal with the translation, not hilariously machine translated SakuraGames, or the rewritten the whole game script like 8-4/working designs

Full disclosure: I should have maybe possibly finished this translation, but I was unable to because I broke my back falling down on my ass doing the laundry during the last few days of the RPGMaker XP trial. Also, I don't have a laptop, so I was unable to work
for at least 2 to 3 hours more when I was accompanying my mother to dialysis.

I may have fucked up: I may have fucked up some of the events when i was translating it. Too many times I have fallen asleep on the keyboard and may have fucked the events a bit. For precautions, please make a copy of the game before applying the files in the data folder.

Since my user account is still awaiting moderation, and can't post, I'll check from time to time this webpage about my account.
With this, dreamersproject signing out.

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Is this person against using cracked copies of RPG Maker? Cause I can supply that if they want.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is anyone still doing a translation of this game?

I'm thinking about starting my own translation on this since I'm kinda almost finished with Sarah of the Rotation Cut.

NorzZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm thinking about starting my own translation on this since I'm kinda almost finished with Sarah of the Rotation Cut.
do it!

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes please do, truly pity this classic didn't get translation even after all this years.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The real pity is people abandoning their projects while not even saying anything. They simply disappear...
I can understand not being able to work on a fan translation anymore because of personal reasons or even because it looked interesting but then you got bored, but you can always have the decency to talk about that to people that saw you start your translation and are rooting for you.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Since I guess no is actively translating this game, I'll pick it up myself.
I took a quick look at a Japanese version and there are in total 8496 untranslated lines in 127 files.

Let's say I translate weekly around 200 lines, it will take 42 weeks (roughly 10 months).

I reckon at least 2000 of those untranslated lines are labels or other stuff that I actually don't need to translate.

If I knew how many lines there were in Sarah of the Rotation Cut game, I could get a better estimate,
but I, unfortunately, don't know and I'm too lazy to download a Japanese version to check.

One thing is certain, I'll finish this unless ofc I die or something cosmic happens to prevent me.

Hoboy

Reputation score
I think the large patch on the OP of this was translated through the opening sequence, the first quest and ended on the second (or maybe somewhere through the first). Don;t remember exactly - will probably need to re-download if this continues, but just saying that there was a decent start to the translation. Are the links on the OP dead? I might be able to dig up something in my archives...

zekemckillip

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think the large patch on the OP of this was translated through the opening sequence, the first quest and ended on the second (or maybe somewhere through the first). Don;t remember exactly - will probably need to re-download if this continues, but just saying that there was a decent start to the translation. Are the links on the OP dead? I might be able to dig up something in my archives...
Well, I was able to download the large patch, but so far it seems like not much was translated. I don't even know what the first quest is supposed to be, as the Innkeeper who gives it to you is untranslated...