What's new

Scourge of the Silver Marches

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Scourge of the Silver Marches

Cinista shakes her head, "Nope, not a clue, just heard a lot of screaming. I mean, I was thrown in here because they thought I was a spy! I didn't even get my one sending spell that I was suppose to get... those bastards!"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Trex just gives Cinista a confused look, then says; "So, you have no idea who attacked this town? It must have been the group we're after then, no one else in the area could or would have done such a thing."

Aramil pipes up from the doorway; "Shall we move on? We still have enough food for a few days travel, and I doubt that we'll find anything of use here."

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

"Sounds like a plan. Just don't expect me to lead the way. Frail and all that jazz." Tod chuckles, waiting for someone else to take point so he could follow.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Aye let's be going then shall we," Holi says playing with the silver toothpick he just found.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The group exits the small jail uneventfully, and soon find themselves outside once more. The town is as motionless as ever, and the wind and the groups foot steps being the only sounds.

"What now? We might be able to reach the next town in a few days, and we've got supplies enough for another week?" Bolm says. Trex just scratches his chin, and eventually replies; "Frostford is two days North West, and Dumont is two days North East. Perhaps either of those have fared better."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Frostford sounds like a lovely place if'n ye ask me," Holi says from the front.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

"As long as we keep moving, I could care less about the destination. As long as we get away from here. This place kinda gives me the creeps..."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Striking out down the road, the group quickly passes through the burned out town. They turn down the Western road, heading to Frostford, which should take two days of steady walking.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cinista walks alongside the group, deciding for now to hang around with these people until they got to a better city, where she could practice her arts and try to do her mistress' will. Of course, that would be a little hard...

She holds onto her necklace tightly, playing around with it as she looks over the group, smiling at them, and not saying a word.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Malacet remains just as silent, seeming to have retreated into her mind, her features and expression unreadable under her heavy hood.

((Figured I'd put something on. Feel kinda bad for just hanging out at the back for so long :/ ))

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Holi keeps up with the others a strange sort of smile on his face as he softly hums to himself.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It seems like they've only been traveling for a couple of minutes once they pass out of the town when something starts to rise from the muddy road, an arm pulling itself out of the ground, followed by another, followed by a torso. It happens all around, muddy zombies pulling themselves out of the ground around the small group.

"Well, well, well, what have we here?" A voice drawls from somewhere in the woods off to the right, and Aramil, Granths, and Cinistas heads all snap directly toward the source of the voice, spotting a wight sitting off on top of a tree, grinning down sadistically at them. Aramil and Granth have never seen him before, but Cinista recognizes him as the sheriff from Stonebridge.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cinista waves her greatsword angrily at the sheriff, "You bastard! You threw me into a jail cell and left me to rot! I'll rip you apart with my bare hands!"

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

All Tod has to see are the corpses rising all around them before he starts chanting, wanting to remove these pests as quickly as possible.

((Casting haste on Trex, Bolm, Aramill, Holi, the samurai(forgot his name >_>) and Cinista))

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Yay! I get new targets to zap! This makes me feel so much better after the disappointment of the town earlier! Granth exclaims with a happy, child-like voice before throwing any ounce of diplomatic sense he has to the wind and pointing his right arm at the wight and launching a condensed ball of electrically charge mana at him. Of course, after not getting to zap things for a short while, Granth isn't sticking to low-powered spells so the little orb of mana is primed to explode in a massive cascade of electricity when it reaches the man.

(Fireball, automatically deals lightning instead of fire)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Malacet shifts herself closer to the center of the group. She turns to the direction the voice comes from, but doesn't see the source until Granth's attack points the unfortunate wight out for her. Once that happens, she unleashes a spell of her own, sending on orb of fire it's way.

((Holding initiative until after Granth, then Brimstone Blast the wight :D))

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Holi moves to help protect the weaker members of the group from the zombies and starts hacking at the closest zombie to his position. "Stupid dead things, when this trip gets over with. I never want to see another zombie agin." He mutters.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Initiative: Granth, NPCs, Holi, Tod, Cinista, Enemies, Malacet

Reflex: 15 + 7 = 22 vs 16 = Success, half damage.
23/2 = 11 damage.

Granths ball of lightning explodes against the tree as the wight jumps down. The undead monster avoids the brunt of it, but he is still mildly injured by the blast.

13 + 18 = 31 vs 10 = hit.
13 + 13 = 26 vs 10 = hit.
7 + 16 = 23 vs 10 = hit.
7 + 11 = 18 vs 10 = hit.
2 + 16 = 18 vs 10 = hit.
1 + 16 = Automatic Failure
12 + 13 = 25 vs 10 = hit.
9 + 8 = 17 vs 10 = hit.
3 + 8 + 6 + 6 = 23 damage.
8 + 8 + 1 + 3 = 20 damage.
3 + 4 = 7 damage.
2 + 4 = 6 damage.
3 + 4 = 7 damage.
6 + 6 + 2 = 14 damage.
2 + 6 + 5 = 13 damage.

The samurai, Bolm, Aramil, and Trex rush out to attack the zombies, three of the undead quickly dropping dead under their attacks. Trex stumbles over a rock, but recovers enough to prepare for the undead counterattack.

3 + 13 = 16 vs 10 = hit.
5 + 8 = 13 vs 10 = hit.
1 + 8 + 6 = 15 damage.
8 + 8 + 4 = 20 damage.
16 + 13 = 29 vs 10 = hit.
3 + 8 + 4 = 15 damage.

Holi slashes at another of the zombies, cutting it in half and striking another of the monsters. Meanwhile, Tods spell gives the group a boost of speed. the wight doesn't respond to Cinistas taunt, other than to rush to attack her.

16 + 16 = 32 vs 24 = hit.
5 + 7 = 12 damage.
7 + 8 = 15 vs 21 = miss.
8 + 8 = 16 vs 21 = miss.
15 + 8 = 23 vs 21 = hit.
7 + 8 = 15 vs 21 = miss.
4 5 = 9 damage.

The undead strikes Cinista with a warhammer he'd drawn from his belt. A group of the zombies attack Holi, only one of them landing a hit on the dwarf.

13 + 8 = 21 vs 11 = hit.
1 + 3 + 4 + 2 = 10 damage.
Reflex: 15 + 7 = 22 vs 21 = Success.

Malacets blast of fire strikes the wight, and he rolls away to avoid being set on fire.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Come on ya deadies is that the best ye can do," Holi yells as he continues to chop away at the zombies, while watching the spellslingers backs.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cinista grabs her greatsword as she gets hit by the warhammer, "Now I'll really rip you to to bits! Or slice you, whatever!"

Feeling boosted by the haste spell, she swings again, not caring if her weapon actually landed a hit or not.

(Attack the wight with her weapon two times)