What's new

RPG [seldompie] Mutant Minx Meltdown - Rise of the Monstergirls!

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Mutant Minx Meltdown - Rise of the Monstergirls!

Hello loves,

As before, can't and shouldn't makes promises, but trying to get enough worked up to relaunch and hopefully get myself razzed enough to build this stupid story to stupid awesome conclusion!

If anyone has any suggestions, big or small, I would appreciate hearing them. I can't say anything will or won't be used, but just hearing peoples thoughts, ideas and comments on the game in any capacity - gameplay, world building, writing, whatevers - really gets me thinking and reconsidering and encourages me to get on with finally completing this stupid stupid story that I am delighted, embarrassed and confused that you all have been following me on for a ridiculous amount of time now. So please shoot any thinks you got about it here, pleases.

Thanks again to alls for playing the game and not forgetting it, the post out of nowhere on this forum and people responding to it serious made my month, at the least.
I was the tard on your blogspot that never shut up about bossy redhead, aaaaaand CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP. Seriously though, I LOVED the game and its writing, really glad to see the possibility of a continuation, I've been checking the blog 1-2 times a month since 2015. And you're a damn cool dood in general, so I really am glad that the posts here from fans helped make ya feel good.

In terms of actual feedback and suggestions...

When you added the idea of the roommates I was really happy with the overall concept, and would love to see it fleshed out a bit more. I particularly liked what it could mean for the ending - the idea of escaping WITH that roommate after protecting them for so long (and wasting resources in the process), or alternatively finding a life on the island with them. There was the anti-infection girl whose name I forget (Darcy or something?), obviously the shopkeeper that can turn into a catgirl, bossy redhead is a given, etc. to give a few flavors to the ending depending on which you rescued maybe?

I could see Darcy's ending being the two of you building a safe haven on the island for the few survivors until the infection dies out, using her powers to keep you from going crazy... via gratuitous amounts of hot steamy sex. Not sure about shop girl, maybe sticking with her lets you find an actual cure and save the island for more of a big-damn-hero ending. Redhead ending might be the two of you escaping, and her infection subsiding... but not the libido. Cue boner end.

Always liked the japanese scorpion girl as well, it could be kinda interesting if she had a good end as well, but she doesn't actually have any characterization so I dunno where that would go haha. Maybe she'd just be a minor rape end or something.

The waitress that fucks your brains out was an interesting character as well, I don't think she ever actually transformed though she might have disappeared after a while. She might be an interesting roomie, helping with your food while draining money (dolla dolla bills) or energy (death by snu snu) or even both as a tradeoff of sorts for making the food resource less important?

I'm not sure if this is a bit too large scale, but it could be interesting if you could pick most/any of the girls to save and spare the mutations to get off the island with - though it would probably lead to pretty same-y endings. But if someone, say, REALLY loves the girl next door and doesn't want the dickgirl vibe, they could at least get their happy ending.

Downsides... personally I found the horror elements to kick in too fast and too hard so I don't have many suggestions in that regard... it felt like the game turned from "cheeky fun with mutation vibes" to "OH GOD IT'S JAMMING CACTUSES UP MY URETHRA" in a hurry. Hence my suggestions being mostly about more happy endings with the relatively normal girls. But if you really wanted to go ham, I could see the more mutant enemies also having bad or "if you like that fetish" endings. If I recall correctly a few enemies already had those.

I do think that a lot of what kept me really interested in the game was all the hints at the real story behind the scenes, so it would be fun to have one of the 'routes' explore that - maybe shopgirl route has you working with her to find the source of the infection and fix it that way? Stuff that wouldn't come out in other routes. Though similar to the "every girl gets an ending" idea, that might be WAY too much work for you to wrap things up neatly - just brainstorming here really.

And whatever did happen to that one chick with the mask in the barred off apartment that you can bang once and then disappears forever? She woulda been prime roommate fodder.

While I'm at it; it'd be nice if beating the game unlocked some kind of accelerated start (or god forbid, a full NG+ with ALL your stats carried over). To add some extra replay value in chasing different endings.

Last edited:

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

To be honest I'd be happy for an opportunity to discover a personal immunity to the infection for a free-playable epilogue if you stay on the island.

Well, maybe semi-free playable. Who knows, a lost forever until demonically devoured in the haunted house ending like in the pictures might be an acceptable bad ending for the post-evacuation stage of the game.

Threshco

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Neither does CoC, or TiTS, or that one Alder was making. Actually, when you look at it, Fenoxo's TiTS game is the only semi-popular text-based game that's both successful and still in development. Kind of depressing, actually.

Played this a few years back and ultimately gave up. If the dev is back, neat. I won't hold my breath, though. It's silly, too, to shower a guy with praise after 2 years of nothing and he's just re-surfacing. My first words to him would be "what happened?" followed with "are you going to go full-time on the project and if so, when can we expect an update?" It's neither rude nor entitled to ask those questions.

Honestly, hope the guy continues work on this project; but, I'm also not holding out hope for it, either. I also expect some asshat to negrep me for expressing a valid point.
I would say that's fair if people were investing money in the games development like TiTs, but as far as I can tell--that isn't happening and everything is offered for free as soon as it is available.

Zlymo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have been thinking a bit as to what I would like to see in future versions of this just to show my interest in the game and to give the creator some ideas :).
These may or may not have been suggested before.

1. Complete the interactions with transformed Rasna (give me some Lamia action :p)

2. Artwork for those that lack it (Demanding I know but it would be awesome)

3. Being able to somehow reduce your infection level once the nurse has gone nuts.

4. Some kind of map so you can keep track of the areas better once you start discovering a bunch of them.

5. Maybe being able to "tame" some of the girls to a point where they aren't agressive towards you anymore and being able to be interacted with but perhaps demanding a little something in return ;)

6. More corrupted versions of girls you face on earlier, while some you only face corrupted versions of but is is not apparent what they used to be.

7. More story! I love those parts where you listen to the radio and get information on whats going on. An example would be more info on the virus itself, perhaps scientists trying to figure out the whole thing or something.
I also love the progression as days go by, like the red plants and transformations of the infected. MORE of that :)

8. More rare or one time events that could happend to you or something you see happening. For example girls trying to break into your house and you need to fend them off or finding other survivors in danger and if you save them they reward you with something.

Thats all for now!

I hope you keep up the work and I'm looking forward to seeing another release. I would recommend getting Pateron tho to fund the development of this game :)