What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Ancient Scholar

Reputation score
So I'm new and trying to get this to work but I don't know what to do. I got the starter pack and wanted to get more character. Downloaded the Queen of Fighters stuff and moved everything to the Mugen folder. Looking at the select def alot of character names are already there but nothing besides the base character show up when I launch the game. Can someone just give me a link to a completed version?

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So I'm new and trying to get this to work but I don't know what to do. I got the starter pack and wanted to get more character. Downloaded the Queen of Fighters stuff and moved everything to the Mugen folder. Looking at the select def alot of character names are already there but nothing besides the base character show up when I launch the game. Can someone just give me a link to a completed version?
Sorry, I personally don't agree with pre-made mugen (Mugen itself is meant to be a customizable video game that encourages collaboration), so I'm not sharing my own.
However, if you want a pre-made one, I think the 4Shared account linked a few posts earlier (Alf's account) has QoF already built.

Also, I'm more than willing to help you troubleshoot your problem.
Do you already have all the characters? (E.g. If you check in the "Chars" folder, are there many other folders?)
If so, are you sure that your filepath names are all correct? (E.g. If you open the "select.def" file, can you verify that you've got lots of lines that say something like "victims\Powergirl\Powergirl.def"
--In this case, "Victims" is a folder inside the Chars folder, the first "Powergirl" instance is the Powergirl folder inside the Victims folder, and Powergirl.def is the file within that one.
Also, if it helps, you can attach your Select.def file here or upload your QoF somehow and we can check it for you.

TheDood

Reputation score
I usually just lurk for these things and try to find stuff on my own, but I have hit a wall trying to find a updated version of Luna with the animations of this thread it seems like the file on mugenryona was deleted, I could only find the sprites (mugen1637 and mugen2207), I tried googling mugen luna (in english and in japanese) and the most updated version that I managed to find is from 2016 which doesn't have the animations I want, it seems mugenarchive had a lunahimeki2 from 2018. I would be really grateful if someone has what I want and shares it. If you are not willing to share, just some instructions on how to add the animation would be fine, I know how to add cut-ins with explod, it's just that I have never added a position like this and it seems like it would take a lot of time.

PS: I like looking at the posts in mugenryona but that uploader is a pain in the ass to find what you want, no search function and the people in the board almost never mention the number of the file, I always end up searching page by page by file name.
From one lurker to another, here you go:

The animation you wanted was indeed only the loose sprites that you found already, i replaced all the press/frontal sprites from the old version with these new ones.
Although be warned that i didnt do extensive testing so no idea if everything works properly.

Also, if you wanna learn how to edit mugen characters, id suggest learning how to use Fighter Factory, which you can grab from here:
You can find both written and video tutorials pretty much anywhere, plus the program is intuitive and very new-user friendly.

fringgs

Reputation score
All i want are some Victims that are compatible with DongHwan , i wish MA would fix their shit already
it was probably the best site that you can see the images , moves, comments , etc with one glance.

Ancient Scholar

Reputation score
Sorry, I personally don't agree with pre-made mugen (Mugen itself is meant to be a customizable video game that encourages collaboration), so I'm not sharing my own.
However, if you want a pre-made one, I think the 4Shared account linked a few posts earlier (Alf's account) has QoF already built.

Also, I'm more than willing to help you troubleshoot your problem.
Do you already have all the characters? (E.g. If you check in the "Chars" folder, are there many other folders?)
If so, are you sure that your filepath names are all correct? (E.g. If you open the "select.def" file, can you verify that you've got lots of lines that say something like "victims\Powergirl\Powergirl.def"
--In this case, "Victims" is a folder inside the Chars folder, the first "Powergirl" instance is the Powergirl folder inside the Victims folder, and Powergirl.def is the file within that one.
Also, if it helps, you can attach your Select.def file here or upload your QoF somehow and we can check it for you.
I think the problem is the def files maybe? There are 3 of them select, select230, select920. Looking at it they have just the name and sometimes an order number whatever that is. Its sort of random so I'm not sure what to do.

There is no victims folder inside the Chars folder. All character are just in their own folder in side Chars.

Another problem might be with the starter pack. I mean it says it an old version so maybe its not compatible.

I fine with customizing Mugen but since I just started and don't have character I particularly want then having one big completed version to build off of would deal with a lot of the hassle.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
All i want are some Victims that are compatible with DongHwan , i wish MA would fix their shit already
it was probably the best site that you can see the images , moves, comments , etc with one glance.
I hope MA never "fixes their shit" because people seriously need to step away from that platform and rebuild somewhere else.
Not that I think they ever will, unless someone pays them for it anyway. Even then, they can't. They have too much shit going on to fix.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I think the problem is the def files maybe? There are 3 of them select, select230, select920. Looking at it they have just the name and sometimes an order number whatever that is. Its sort of random so I'm not sure what to do.

There is no victims folder inside the Chars folder. All character are just in their own folder in side Chars.

Another problem might be with the starter pack. I mean it says it an old version so maybe its not compatible.

I fine with customizing Mugen but since I just started and don't have character I particularly want then having one big completed version to build off of would deal with a lot of the hassle.
Damn, I think it's slightly more complicated than I'd prefer to give instructions to, since it could be many different problems.
You mind uploading it somewhere so we can check it out? You can temporarily move the characters out of the mugen to save room (which would help both of us), and maybe keep about 3-4 characters in so I could test it out. Perhaps I could correct your select.def paths, which might give you an idea of what to do for the rest of them.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Alright, new question. In my current version of Mugen 1.1, the announcer says "Level up" any time someone gains one level of their special. I've been trying to remove that but haven't got a clue what the sound effect is called, nor where I can go to in the code to remove it from gameplay so it doesn't happen any more. My old version of 1.0 (that I haven't used in ages) doesn't have it. Anyone got an idea how to go about getting rid of the sound effect?

ViridianCH

Lurker
Reputation score
Alright, new question. In my current version of Mugen 1.1, the announcer says "Level up" any time someone gains one level of their special. I've been trying to remove that but haven't got a clue what the sound effect is called, nor where I can go to in the code to remove it from gameplay so it doesn't happen any more. My old version of 1.0 (that I haven't used in ages) doesn't have it. Anyone got an idea how to go about getting rid of the sound effect?
Howdy! If it's anything like mine, you'll find the file that figures out where everything goes for the combat scenes and what triggers it all within "Fight.def", which should be in your data folder. Look for an area called "[Powerbar]" about a third of the way down the document, and sitting there should be something like this:
Check back up in the file to see where it finds the jingles (usually fight.snd in the same folder) and note the group numbers, for example mine being "21, 0", then go ahead and open the .snd file in Fighter Factory, and you should be able to change it around!

Last edited:

shianon

Reputation score
From one lurker to another, here you go:

The animation you wanted was indeed only the loose sprites that you found already, i replaced all the press/frontal sprites from the old version with these new ones.
Although be warned that i didnt do extensive testing so no idea if everything works properly.

Also, if you wanna learn how to edit mugen characters, id suggest learning how to use Fighter Factory, which you can grab from here:
You can find both written and video tutorials pretty much anywhere, plus the program is intuitive and very new-user friendly.
Thank you, I do use fighter factory but I usually just change basic stuff (commands and sometimes I import a cross section cut in), I know that positions are usually assigned a specific number for raper compatibility it's just that I never modded that sort of stuff so I'm kinda lost when it comes to that, as for your Luna I can see that the animations are added but you didn't add statedefs for them right? Since the animation that shows up for me ingame is very short (like 2 sprites?) and not the full one, correct me if I'm wrong, but if that is it I should be able to handle the rest.

Since this is a good chance, could anyone with experience explain how the position number works in more detail? I assume they are a specific statedef number, I can probably learn the numbers by checking some characters, but how do the animations work, I assume you need to set up a specific statedef for each thing like mating press piston, kuromaru gas, orgasm, creampie etc... (obviously the victims usually have most of these already) is that it? I can probably learn how to set those up just by copying from other characters, one thing I'm curious about, can you make a raper check if the character has a specific statedef for a orgasm animation and if they don't have it just continue normally? The idea is to add this to kuromaru press so that it goes piston > near the end of piston animation check for orgasm animation and if there is one use that - if not just continue the normal animation. Can you do that? and is there an easier way than what I described? Please correct me if anything that I said was wrong.

Ancient Scholar

Reputation score
Damn, I think it's slightly more complicated than I'd prefer to give instructions to, since it could be many different problems.
You mind uploading it somewhere so we can check it out? You can temporarily move the characters out of the mugen to save room (which would help both of us), and maybe keep about 3-4 characters in so I could test it out. Perhaps I could correct your select.def paths, which might give you an idea of what to do for the rest of them.
This is why I would rather have a completed version to download.

I think the extra select def came from the other files when I merged them. I deleted them and relaunched but the other character still don't show up. I extracted a fresh version and it was different from the one I saw in the merged version. I put the names inside the new select def and moved the chars folders but I still can't get any new fighters. Its starting to be very annoying.

I downloaded VSelect and luckily it solved my problem. I really don't know what went wrong. Looking online and in the select def it says to do something kfm but nothing about that is mentioned in the intro to installing characters.

Last edited:

shianon

Reputation score
Did you make sure that you were changing the correct select.def? Because depending on what you download it comes with differents menus and stuff and each one of these use a different select.def, for example mine uses data/select.def but there is also data/big/select.def, data/kfm/select.def, data/mugen1/select.def and data/QOF/select.def

To install a character you just put their folder inside the chars folder, then add the name of the character's folder to select.def, if that is what you did it is correct.

TheDood

Reputation score
Thank you, I do use fighter factory but I usually just change basic stuff (commands and sometimes I import a cross section cut in), I know that positions are usually assigned a specific number for raper compatibility it's just that I never modded that sort of stuff so I'm kinda lost when it comes to that, as for your Luna I can see that the animations are added but you didn't add statedefs for them right? Since the animation that shows up for me ingame is very short (like 2 sprites?) and not the full one, correct me if I'm wrong, but if that is it I should be able to handle the rest.
That's weird, its working fine on my end, can you tell me which aggressor you're using?
We probably have different states being used.

Ancient Scholar

Reputation score
Did you make sure that you were changing the correct select.def? Because depending on what you download it comes with differents menus and stuff and each one of these use a different select.def, for example mine uses data/select.def but there is also data/big/select.def, data/kfm/select.def, data/mugen1/select.def and data/QOF/select.def

To install a character you just put their folder inside the chars folder, then add the name of the character's folder to select.def, if that is what you did it is correct.
I did. I looked at the intro again and even added the ,random. No matter what I did they never showed up in the character select screen. Using VSelect though and it only takes a second to add a .def and launch the game and see that its working.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I did. I looked at the intro again and even added the ,random. No matter what I did they never showed up in the character select screen. Using VSelect though and it only takes a second to add a .def and launch the game and see that its working.
Usually for this problem, it's because it's drawing from a different select.def file. Check the other folders in your Data folder to see if there's another select.def file. Open it and if it looks like it has the same characters for the setup you're currently using.

For me personally, I have to go the QOF folder inside the Data folder for the select.def file that my version is using. I think the reason this is happening is because the version you're using has a different skin for all the menus and that skin is basically built on top of the original game, but it's using a different set of folders.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I don't get why people don't make their characters with the same folder name as the def file. All the different naming does is cause people that don't know about this issues. And then sometimes people writing useful guides are gonna get blamed for that bullshit.... ;)

bobbot

Reputation score
sorry to be a pest and a bum but does anyone have the hentai edit of a fanatail by the name of ferir it seems to have disappeared from the internet (along with tantrumbull's sex mugen) i've been looking but it don't show up on undertow or hentai char mugen when mugen archive nuked it's 18+ section they made a lot of chars hard to find as there were no (known to me at least) back up's and search engines put out a lot of static guess it just goes to show the old saying of putting all eggs in one basket

shianon

Reputation score
That's weird, its working fine on my end, can you tell me which aggressor you're using?
We probably have different states being used.
Yeah I just checked to make sure and something is off, I tried rapers that had different states and nothing, I used Kuromaru_plus from mugenryona2285 (most up to date kuromaru press as far as I know) Brian (last version that gettag posted here) and some futa chars by different creators, for clarification I can see that it's the new animation but there's only 2 sprites in game, which makes it look static basically. Which character did you use? The ones I used have common states.

TheDood

Reputation score
Yeah I just checked to make sure and something is off, I tried rapers that had different states and nothing, I used Kuromaru_plus from mugenryona2285 (most up to date kuromaru press as far as I know) Brian (last version that gettag posted here) and some futa chars by different creators, for clarification I can see that it's the new animation but there's only 2 sprites in game, which makes it look static basically. Which character did you use? The ones I used have common states.
Well color me confused then, i tested the new animation with basically the same characters as you, with the exception of Kuromaru.
Sorry, but i have no idea why its not playing properly for you. Only thing i can think of now is to just straight up ask for your mugen itself, but thats a tall order.

Can i bother anyone else to test the animation, if they dont mind?

shianon

Reputation score
I just figured out what was wrong, some characters use a state where the position is static and has no animation and in others the same animation has movement, so it ended up confusing me, my bad, it's working, thanks for the help.