What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if anyone knew any site, besides mugen ryona uploader, hentaicharmugen and andersonkenya ( MA is useless now )? I'm fine with japaneses sites too.
Your best bet is to look for smaller mugen communities on discord now. A lot of people are doing things in their own free time to make edits and the like and its probably the best we can hope for right now.

nosferatus

Reputation score
Uh, no that's unfortunately pretty much it... I'll be blunt and say a rather unpopular thing, and that is the fact that mugen is dying slowly but surely for reasons mentioned before a few times already (including the recent problems like the lack of public releases and paywalling of status reports). The fact is that besides Gettag who is the only person apparently working on new and interesting content (like threesomes and interactable background chars as of now), there's not much to see (even the japs themselves haven't done anything too original or interesting in quite a while).

I mean if he is going to be the only source of any future mugen content of any real quality then we're in for some really dark times...
as long as there are heroes without a cape like moko moko who shares his hentai mugen editions will still be alive

they are their new editions enjoy them

Reputation score
Well, fuck me that I did not discover mugen 2/3 years ago. At least I could learn and make chars or edits myself. The Ivy valentine's mating press I did works, it was easy. Fingers crossed.

Kaorusaga

Reputation score
Why not keep track of previous releases? Go back a little, make sure things are in order and some characters have valid links and such?

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hey guys, there seems to be Schlussel 2 floating around on the internet. Not sure where to get that one though, the most up to date version i have is Schlussel 1.86.

And there seems to be a new aggressor named MC'Chris. I've tried it out only made him bust out a couple of hentai moves by accident.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Shana Fenix
Why not share your stuff?
Bug fixes? You would find more if you did. Users feedback.
Perfection? You will never attain it. Bugs will always happen.
Its done when its done? Its that attitude that has made the community not grow.
Because fuck me that's why? Sure, its your call after all, but then whats the point at all?
Is it paid stuff? I have no but's to that lol

Free for all. Butt in and roast me everyone, i know some of you love your closed source cancer, private, not 'free' stuff. And some others love this "no release until 100% finished 'quality'" (and not just in mugen).

Oh but you, Fenix, with all due respect, and given you seem to be a gentleman......
......Feel free to ignore me. I don't even desire your char

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I think it was mostly due to drama at Mugen Archive and Shana telling them to pull it off their site, only that they didn't and fights started and Shana got banned. Either way, at the time, more salt got thrown around than it does at SaltyBet and you might even find some of the spillover drama in the middle of this thread here. I'm pretty sure that even now, years later, Shana is still salty over the whole affair.

--

Anyways, I have one little tweak I've been meaning to ask about to see if I can get any help with it. I may have asked this before but I don't think I was able to make the change I wanted to.

Simply put, there's a sound effect that plays whenever a character gains a level of SP bar. Essentially, the announcer goes "Level up" whenever it happens. I want to mute that sound effect because sometimes I load up the screen with several characters and some the sound effect just spams, because some characters can decrease the meter while others increase it.

I'd rather not be told "go learn this editor program to make that one little change." If there's something I can do just by editing the code with a simple text editor, then all I need is someone to tell me which file it's located in and approximately where it is in the code. I've made edits in the past on various characters using Notepad so it's not outside my ability, so if all I've got to do is comment out a couple lines, then I'm good. I'm just having a hard time finding where to look.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
@Shana Fenix
Why not share your stuff?
Bug fixes? You would find more if you did. Users feedback.
Perfection? You will never attain it. Bugs will always happen.
Its done when its done? Its that attitude that has made the community not grow.
Because fuck me that's why? Sure, its your call after all, but then whats the point at all?
Is it paid stuff? I have no but's to that lol

Free for all. Butt in and roast me everyone, i know some of you love your closed source cancer, private, not 'free' stuff. And some others love this "no release until 100% finished 'quality'" (and not just in mugen).

Oh but you, Fenix, with all due respect, and given you seem to be a gentleman......
......Feel free to ignore me. I don't even desire your char
Eh, i thought that it was due to the fact that Shana got a bit burned out on working on mugen chars thus all of his/her stuff just ended up as something that while he/she doesn't really have the drive to finish up the way he/she wanted to is also something he/she in not willing to give up completely...

Combine the above with a quite possible lack of free time/interest (whatever it is intended or unintended) and you get a picture perfect example of a "creative slump" that is a rather common occurrence for anyone that has even remotely tried doing any sort of creative work ever...

There was also that whole nonsense that happened with MA and i don't think i even have to say that everyone involved in that whole matter got out of that situation with an extra helping of mental stress...

With all that said i can sort of understand Shana, but on the other hand i never really thought about it until now as when a mugen creator says NO it means no whatever the reason and i will not question it because otherwise you get page after page of the beyond stupid discussion on whatever Mugen-ero is an asshole or not for not releasing his chars (this is just an example of something that actually happened)...

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's a combination of what both @Fenril and @HangerDanger said honestly, but in the end what triggered it was the MA drama, the general overal detoriation of the MUGEN community as well as people like @derakino999 who think they know it all without ever having contributed anything decent (even just discussion-wise, mind you). Without going into too much detail, I used to strive for what I thought would be best for the community, going as far as to talk to people in powerful positions to appeal to their common sense, only to be bitten in the ass, banned and ignored over some retarded illusion of grandeur, wanting to be the sole "savior of mugen" and in the process destroying it all, not to m
Yes, yes. I have grown very bitter, resentful and negative, I know. But this isn't something our little friend here would ever understand even remotely. It's all just ever "make stuff, give stuff" with these kinda people without regard of things they don't understand and it's sickening.
Also no, releasing an unfinished, unpolished thing goes against my principles. Who do you think I am? CDPR?

Either way. I've seen some good and respectful people around (i.e. not derakino999) and it makes me happy to see that there's still a good core of people that are decent and don't behave like complete ass, in this thread as well as other places. Some people have actually been trying to be helpful and it made me get out of this whole "community bad" mindset at least a little bit. But yeah, enough ranting. New fancy Umbreon when it's done. Whenever that may be.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Shana Fenix You'll get no symphaty from me!

I don't know anything, and i didn't say i did.
I was merely asking a question.
I am half sorry you misinterpreted me as being rude, because it was only half my intention.
You've become the monster you fought.
Anyway, that's enough, good day to you.
I tried to appeal to reason in vain. But as i said, i don't care. (Btw, "to reason" as in literally, if you say no i take it as a no and end of the day, as hanger said. Not demanding anything, i don't need anything from you. I only wanted us to reason together).
I (and the people i collaborate with, which i make sure) have my own set of values which differ from yours and other likeminded people.
Let's agree to disagree and call it a day.

Hanger is right, I think it's safe to say you've made your point, and i kind of made mine (i'll agree on the part i'm stupid at explanining myself, which also explains why i came off as an ass).

Oh and one last thing, i am a leecher, a pirate, and a dev! Half assed (all of 'em).
If i had your char, i would probably privately send it to the dude who asked. I fight for my friends. Okay, i would CONSIDER it. Just because of your attitude. I've accepted requests to not to in the past and continue to do so if the person is not as the exact description as what you've said you have of me.

Let's continue where we left.
@Fenril
Maybe the sound file is located in sound/music/some folder?
Maybe not but you can try searching for it and if its there delete it, if deleting gives error replace with a muted sound file with the same name.
Other than that i'm not sure where the code is for SP bar gain...but i think its not that complicated...hmmm

Last edited:

Mogotke

Reputation score
Simply put, there's a sound effect that plays whenever a character gains a level of SP bar. Essentially, the announcer goes "Level up" whenever it happens. I want to mute that sound effect because sometimes I load up the screen with several characters and some the sound effect just spams, because some characters can decrease the meter while others increase it.

I'd rather not be told "go learn this editor program to make that one little change." If there's something I can do just by editing the code with a simple text editor, then all I need is someone to tell me which file it's located in and approximately where it is in the code. I've made edits in the past on various characters using Notepad so it's not outside my ability, so if all I've got to do is comment out a couple lines, then I'm good. I'm just having a hard time finding where to look.
"Editor programs" like Fighter Factory mostly offers QoL on coding, other than that, it's no different from a text editor.
Anyways, I'd look up for any PlaySnd sctrl using Power or PowerMax as a trigger. If there's multiple results for that, either go with trial and error or give in and use Fighter Factory to find that audio's group-index.

Reputation score
It's a combination of what both @Fenril and @HangerDanger said honestly, but in the end what triggered it was the MA drama, the general overal detoriation of the MUGEN community as well as people like @derakino999 who think they know it all without ever having contributed anything decent (even just discussion-wise, mind you). Without going into too much detail, I used to strive for what I thought would be best for the community, going as far as to talk to people in powerful positions to appeal to their common sense, only to be bitten in the ass, banned and ignored over some retarded illusion of grandeur, wanting to be the sole "savior of mugen" and in the process destroying it all, not to m
Yes, yes. I have grown very bitter, resentful and negative, I know. But this isn't something our little friend here would ever understand even remotely. It's all just ever "make stuff, give stuff" with these kinda people without regard of things they don't understand and it's sickening.
Also no, releasing an unfinished, unpolished thing goes against my principles. Who do you think I am? CDPR?

Either way. I've seen some good and respectful people around (i.e. not derakino999) and it makes me happy to see that there's still a good core of people that are decent and don't behave like complete ass, in this thread as well as other places. Some people have actually been trying to be helpful and it made me get out of this whole "community bad" mindset at least a little bit. But yeah, enough ranting. New fancy Umbreon when it's done. Whenever that may be.
Come on, besides crunch, lies, bad management, etc, CP2077 was not so bad.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
"Editor programs" like Fighter Factory mostly offers QoL on coding, other than that, it's no different from a text editor.
Anyways, I'd look up for any PlaySnd sctrl using Power or PowerMax as a trigger. If there's multiple results for that, either go with trial and error or give in and use Fighter Factory to find that audio's group-index.
I think an even simpler solution is just to find the sound file in Fighter Factory and replace it with a sound file of silence. I have a .wav file of no sound that I just replace with sounds I don't want to hear on characters. That way you dont have to learn or even look at code, all you have to do is go through all the sounds and play them in FF and when you hear one you dont want to hear, replace it with the silence.wav

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Come on, besides crunch, lies, bad management, etc, CP2077 was not so bad.
I'll risk going offtopic for a bit and just say this: After recently playing trough Shadowrun Dragonfall (HongKong as well), i just couldn't take Cyberpunk2077 and its failed attempt at a cyberpunk setting seriously... 'Nuff said i think.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think an even simpler solution is just to find the sound file in Fighter Factory and replace it with a sound file of silence. I have a .wav file of no sound that I just replace with sounds I don't want to hear on characters. That way you dont have to learn or even look at code, all you have to do is go through all the sounds and play them in FF and when you hear one you dont want to hear, replace it with the silence.wav
If you want to put even less effort into it you can just... delete the sound file you don't wanna hear and be done with it. It won't crash the game at all afaik. I did this way back on that one male edit of Ferir. If I recall correctly it had this stupid sounding and completely unfitting spanish voice on it and I just got rid of it in its entirety, never had any issues whatsoever.

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
[stuff about power bar sounds]
[your mugen folder]\data\fight.def. Depending on the nature of your mugen installation, you might need to look in a subfolder and alter the fight.def contained there, but it should still be fight.def.

[Powerbar]
level1.snd = xx,x
level2.snd = xx,x
level3.snd = xx,x

I've never modified these lines but this is probably what you're looking for. I don't know if commenting it out will work, but it should be worth a try. This took about 20 seconds to find, most of which was navigating to the file itself. I'm surprised no one else seems to have identified that it's a game system thing you wanted to change rather than a specific character's sounds.

You mentioned you have no interest in this next part, so I'll direct it to the room at large: If one wanted to change it more thoroughly, one could probably find the relevant sounds by opening fight.snd, contained within the same folder, in Fighter Factory or an equivalent.

Last edited:
Reputation score
I'll risk going offtopic for a bit and just say this: After recently playing trough Shadowrun Dragonfall (HongKong as well), i just couldn't take Cyberpunk2077 and its failed attempt at a cyberpunk setting seriously... 'Nuff said i think.
Fair enough, I LOVED Shadowrun Trilogy, Returns less, but still.

Guys, do any of you know ( or have ) where can I find a Kamui Tokinomiya compatible with a kuromaru press ( or mating press in general )?

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Fair enough, I LOVED Shadowrun Trilogy, Returns less, but still.
To be honest the original Shadowrun Returns isn't really worth playing in its original state because of the QOL features the later two games brought about, however that is easily solved as there is a really good SR campaign port for HongKong called "Vox Populi" that is pretty much SR with HK specific gameplay content added to it so now for example you can actually get yourself the shiny new cyberware like hand razors, spurs and so on (with cyberware affinity skill working as it should), and the best part is that the whole thing actually still feels as it should (it doesn't give off a feeling of being your average UGC, but rather of being a real deal)...

Guys, do any of you know ( or have ) where can I find a Kamui Tokinomiya compatible with a kuromaru press ( or mating press in general )?
Unfortunately i don't think that has ever been done and as far as i know Kamui is a really basic victim (that holds true for most of the arcana heart cast except for Maori) to the point that the doggy and missionary positions are pretty much all she's got... Also i don't think that i have ever even seen the japs themselves trying to do anything with her sprites before (the most she got from them is actually the previously mentioned missionary position), seeing how she isn't exactly that popular of a character...

Reputation score
Unfortunately i don't think that has ever been done and as far as i know Kamui is a really basic victim (that holds true for most of the arcana heart cast except for Maori) to the point that the doggy and missionary positions are pretty much all she's got... Also i don't think that i have ever even seen the japs themselves trying to do anything with her sprites before (the most she got from them is actually the previously mentioned missionary position), seeing how she isn't exactly that popular of a character...
What a pit, but thanks anyway. Well, I'll make one by myself.