What's new

Shoe Tossing Incident

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
My uncle directed me to a short video that I will put up, though I have no idea how long the link will be valid for.

This is from a news conference in which U.S President George Bush has to dodge two shoes thrown at him by a reporter.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Shoe Tossing Incident

Saw it already.

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN A MORE DEADLY OBJECT?

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I suppose he could have thrown the camera at him?

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Ninja stars!

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That works too. While we're at it, why not bottles of explosive Nitro?

Reputation score

Eh, well, he managed to dodge, so unless the object is explosive it doesent really matter what could have been thrown right? Whts funny though, is how Bush after the incident says it didnt bother him. Yeah.. I believe him..

Kaz

Lurker
Reputation score

The shoe meaning, that he is only good enough to walk on like there way of saying fuck off peice if shit. Like flipping some of off times ten lets so. They didnt want to hurt him... but degrade him. but bush flipped the table though.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Penguin

Lurker
Reputation score

Lol! Whatever you may say about Bush, you have to admit he did dodge those shoes!

Not that they were very well aimed, though...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure, when they had him on the ground, I heard him yell "Sar agbra" which is iraqi for "don't taze me bro"

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Exactly Toxic :D

All I can think about is how different it would be if an American reporter threw his shoes at the Iraqi Prime Minister. I bet he would be deeply offended etc. etc.

Also lol @ the guy who said he had done nothing against the law. Those shoes looked pretty heavy and were flying very fast. If that isn't assault...

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm one of few people left who still thinks Bush isn't a bad guy.

Fucking media bias has brainwashed people. Do I agree with everything the man has done? No, but I think people give him way more blame than he deserves.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I want to say that I think any person would agree with you, but people are stupid so any LOGICAL person would agree with you.

Anyone who has put more than "an hour surfing wikipedia" studying politics, economy, history, etc. knows that the things he went through as president were going to come, regardless of who the president was. People act like nothing would have hit us so hard if Gore or Kerry was elected. He just had bad timing. They also act like, as president, he can cure everything with the twitch of a nose. They know shit of the actual limited power the president has. Next time someone tells you of what Bush should have done, ask them "how?" and tell them to be specific. Granted, he didn't do much to help but the people around me practically blame Bush for world disease. Stupid fucking hippie liberal arts schools.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I want to say that I think any person would agree with you, but people are stupid so any LOGICAL person would agree with you.

Anyone who has put more than "an hour surfing wikipedia" studying politics, economy, history, etc. knows that the things he went through as president were going to come, regardless of who the president was. People act like nothing would have hit us so hard if Gore or Kerry was elected. He just had bad timing. They also act like, as president, he can cure everything with the twitch of a nose. They know shit of the actual limited power the president has. Next time someone tells you of what Bush should have done, ask them "how?" and tell them to be specific. Granted, he didn't do much to help but the people around me practically blame Bush for world disease. Stupid fucking hippie liberal arts schools.
Hey, I'm a liberal arts major!!

Nah I agree with you Toxic. I don't agree a lot with Bush's ideas, but he did get a really crappy hand dealt to him.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I remember a couple weeks earlier reading an article about how now that Bush's term is over with, people are going to start letting up on him. He's gotten a really bad reputation during his entire presidency, but I'm pretty sure when Obama's president, he won't be remembered as THAT bad of a president anymore. Kinda like how a fire dies down now that the fuel can's empty.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Very true, many presidents aren't recognized as good until after they are out of office. Yeah some of Bush's policies aren't great, but I still think he did a good job for what he had to work with. I didn't watch the video yet, but what the hell were the secret service guy's doing sleeping.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have to agree with Ronny, how could someone NOT see the guy stoop over to remove BOTH shoes before throwing them? If that isn't piss poor security idk what is. Course then again, you search these guys for bombs and shit, and they come clean, you kind of don't expect them to get in and then throw their fucking shoes at the speaker. In a way it's kind of funny because you take all of these precautions against real deadly shit, only to have your best laid security plans smoked by a creative person using his shoe as a weapon.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Meh. Bush was a fall guy. They put him up and told him to act stupid so people would just hate on him rather than pay attention to the removal of a majority of American "rights." He's actually a fairly smart man. He could easily have done a much better job, but the people that put him in office knew what they wanted and that wasn't a well run country.