What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

ILL

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

A question about alignment- will there be enough opportunities to change Miene's alignment and if so, will it affect what can or can't she do? For example any differences between lawful evil and chaotic good?
When Lawful. she can't loot from someone's house.
When Good. same as Lawful.
When Chaotic. she can do anything you want.
When Evil. she is now on bounty. town guards may attack her.

these everything is still testing.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds like it will be a challenge to play if you do all the bad things you want all the time!

Hopefully there will be ways to recover from Evil outside of towns so you can progress in game haha

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well from earlier I understand there was some chance to attack townsfolk, I imagine this would make you evil.

Chaotic, and maybe also some evil, will probably be gained by looting houses.

Good would probably be gained by slaying evil creatures and doing good deeds, it seems other characters can also be imprisoned/rescued and possibly interaction with your party can affect your alignment in some way.

Lawful is generally the most iffy alignment in the dungeons and dragons setting (arguably the most evil one, too) and we haven't really seen enough of the groups to know what rules we'd need to follow. That said, I imagine being lawful would be difficult considering Miene's personality (with things like her mischievous behavior on the ship)

Anyway, that's enough speculation.

What amazes me the most about this game is how well-rounded the gameplay elements are, one of the things I particularly like is those stronger enemies that have the ability to break obstacles. Not only does this make getting experience for levels less of a chore due to the added variety, it's more than just a somewhat stronger version of the same enemy. The ability to break obstacles (and with it, cover) requires you to rethink your strategy rather than repeating the same thing over and over and effectively makes grinding exp fun and interesting. But also your actions in combat, the fact that you can use different methods to fight back as you're knocked down and fucked, methods that have different effects depending on context. The ability to jump over enemies and objects keeps combat from turning into a mess by giving you the ability to re-position yourself even when surrounded.

Mistula

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm also impressed by how being blindfolded and tied up actually effects gameplay - I seriously wish other games (action or RPG) would make use of this mechanic instead of using it as just a battle status condition. I'm hoping that there will be a puzzle mini-game in Dungeons and Prisoners in which you have to guide the character through a maze of erotic traps, and during which being sight and movement impaired would be especially significant.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, though, since they have been already pushed through the roof with the demo alone. This is gonna be the HGame of the Year, I know it. There isn't going to be an RPG Maker release as good as this for a long time.
I like the idea of having a maze/puzzle room to complete while blindfolded. That sounds like a great idea. And yes This is as far as RPG Maker can go as far as Hgames tho. Unity engine is I believe the next logical step.

ILL

Reputation score

Err...maze with blinddold (with trap)...I haven't plan for this till now.
However, I have a plan to dungeon there is a complete dark and full of invisible enemies.
Did I set erotic trap to there is questionable at now.

Mistula

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

However, I have a plan to dungeon there is a complete dark and full of invisible enemies.
Lol. I love how you tease us.

The game is coming alone so nicely. So hard to wait :p

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Hopefully not as brutal a trap as another game... ! :eek:

This game

had some good dungeon traps.

Things like a trap chest that, when opened would release aphrodisiac, was also some small pathway with tentacle trap that would raise lust.

Had bandits in dungeons hiding around (maybe in D&P make the bandits molest or try to rape miene...!)

I remember another game that had like plants that if you got too close first time, they strip gear, and if you get close to again they will rape your character.

ILL

Reputation score

Hopefully not as brutal a trap as another game... ! :eek:

This game

had some good dungeon traps.

Things like a trap chest that, when opened would release aphrodisiac, was also some small pathway with tentacle trap that would raise lust.

Had bandits in dungeons hiding around (maybe in D&P make the bandits molest or try to rape miene...!)

I remember another game that had like plants that if you got too close first time, they strip gear, and if you get close to again they will rape your character.
Ah yes, I hate brutal random traps.
I played this game only demo. I like heroine's loosk but...
However, my trap is not random and you can quick save / load.
traps can't be brutal obstruction.
then I think funny or very nasty traps it make Miene to erotic is better.
Ah but, I likes none random Death traps, too :eek:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One more thing, do you plan on having some New Game+ mode, in which you can transfer Miene's stats, skills and equipment? Or maybe once you finish the game you'll be able to have a free-roam mode?

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

While this sounds great and I am looking forward to it, I slowly get the feeling that this game will be very tricky without knowing japanese and not getting along with AGTH.
Good thing there will be an english translation...

ILL

Reputation score

One more thing, do you plan on having some New Game+ mode, in which you can transfer Miene's stats, skills and equipment? Or maybe once you finish the game you'll be able to have a free-roam mode?
When she fall by bad end and chose New game (not return to Title. I changed it) she get +1 skill bonus by every bad end count.
and add slave eqipment for bad end trophy.
It' s my plan at now.
also this New game start at main scenario (chapter 2).
and, if you complete chapter 1 , then New game from title can choice OP skip to start main scenario.
yes you can choice to use bad end bonus.

free-roam mode is not enable by new game. even if you finish the game.
only you can free-rome at after the ending. becuase this game has chapert 3.
free-rome include both chapter's dungeon.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

While this sounds great and I am looking forward to it, I slowly get the feeling that this game will be very tricky without knowing japanese and not getting along with AGTH.
Considering it was stated none of the traps will be random it should be easy to get through it using a simple trial and error method in the worst case scenario, and that'd still not be a problem at all.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I feel like ILL is being asked the same questions over and over again. Maybe we can get the OP to put the FAQs on the first post?

Mistula

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I know AGTH was so hard to get working mainly because of a lack of a guide in english. lol.

So here is how it works.

Step one.
Download TA, AGTH and the game. (See links first post, Make sure you have the right AGTH)

Step two.
Create a notepad in the AGTH paper copy and paste code from first post for easy retrival.

Step three.
Open command prompt in AGTH Folder, This is Default "Shift key" Holding it down and right click, You will see a "open command promt in list, click it. Paste code from first post there by right clicking and pasting (This works in vista and later versions of windows, for older just type the code case sensitive. *DO NOT HIT ENTER YET!!!*

Step four.
Start DnP, Switch over to command promt window and press enter on the code. This will start up and link AGTH with DnP.

Step five.
Start TA, place windows and boom it is working. If it is not you need to make sure AGTH and TA are both is proper condition to run the game and that you have not started either of them untill DnP is working. Translation is skattered and hard to read if you are not used to it. Remember Japanese language is build totally different then latin/roman influenced languages so some times to under stand what is going on you need to read and put together more then 1 sentence at a time.

Hope this helps <3

ILL

Reputation score

Is there a method for translating RGSS files? Some are locked so I can't go into the program and do it myself, I wouldn't mind translating games if it were possible.
maybe I haven't time to translating text in RGSS scripts. translate some of these text is done. but I can't all of these.

and. welcome back ulmf.

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To reiterate what I've said before: a translation will happen at some point. Unfortunately, my real life is a bit too hectic at the moment, but my translation software is already good for about 95% of Dungeons and Prisoners at present. Hopefully later this month I'll be able to finish RPGMaker VX support and then a proper translation can get underway.

ILL

Reputation score

I meant RGSS Encrypted Files, they're locked so you can't modify the contents with RPG Maker. Is there a program that at least let's you translate the text?
So, there is no special lock for my RGSS2 file. the TCrypt.dll is just a bluff.
If you want to decrypt RGSS2 file, use some decrypter.
old one or new one, maybe works fine.

ILL

Reputation score

I googled that but there aren't any, I could only find image/animation/map/music extractors, save editors etc.
Nothing to modify the actual game.
then, search this forum.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I googled that but there aren't any, I could only find image/animation/map/music extractors, save editors etc.
Nothing to modify the actual game.
...YOu use RPG Maker to edit RPG Maker games.
You have to uncompressed the files from the RGSS compressed file, and then load it from there.

Also, ILL, your game is awesome and makes me quite excited to see it's full release! So do enjoy more visible status effects and the like, and you've been taking that towards a good route with your project!