What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

JakeMSG

Reputation score
so i was trying to install the translation patch, but i keep getting this error, i already have installed runtime .net so i don't know what to do help

View attachment 47097
Might link to the wrong ".net" runtime, there are quite a few independent versions, try some of the others to see if it works.

Balgias

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Might link to the wrong ".net" runtime, there are quite a few independent versions, try some of the others to see if it works.
Didn't help, translation is broken. Dev really shouldn't be relying on such absolutely ancient software.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Don't want to be that guy, but .net is far from ancient, it's still maintained on their website (latest version developed as of Nov 14 2023).
The Translation itself is not "Broken", you simply don't have the proper .net runtime. Once you download it on your PC, the error will be fixed (and you won't have to deal with that in the future with any other apps, either).

Try downloading from this link: .
If this doesn't work, look through the other Downloads to find the one best suited for your pc and OS (don't look through the SDKs, those are for developers of .net applications).

THELiving1

Reputation score
Don't want to be that guy, but .net is far from ancient, it's still maintained on their website (latest version developed as of Nov 14 2023).
The Translation itself is not "Broken", you simply don't have the proper .net runtime. Once you download it on your PC, the error will be fixed (and you won't have to deal with that in the future with any other apps, either).

Try downloading from this link: .
If this doesn't work, look through the other Downloads to find the one best suited for your pc and OS (don't look through the SDKs, those are for developers of .net applications).
Same issue for me. It's really weird, because i used this translator a couple of months back and it worked fine without errors, but when i try to patch the game today it gives me the error, even though i did install and reinstall .NET

By the way, doesn't matter if i press "yes" or "no", the window just closes and doesn't actually send to any links.

Attachments

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Same issue for me. It's really weird, because i used this translator a couple of months back and it worked fine without errors, but when i try to patch the game today it gives me the error, even though i did install and reinstall .NET

By the way, doesn't matter if i press "yes" or "no", the window just closes and doesn't actually send to any links.
Welp, try some of the links I sent to install .Net and see if that fixes it. If not, then it might be some other issue, but still worth a shot

JohnLewd

Reputation score
Same issue here, could you share what .net version are you using, please?

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Same issue here, could you share what .net version are you using, please?
1705060311056.png 1705060332576.png
That's all the .Net redistributables that I've got on my pc as of current.

I generally download most needed redistributables upon a fresh Windows install (so that all games work), such as .Net ones, C++ ones etc. . Then, if I've missed any, I track back the error message I get, google it, then find what redistributable I'm missing to download it too. Not much else beyond that (I haven't had to install any redistributables in around 4years)

Chaos135

Reputation score
For those who see this in future and are trying to run the patcher with the demo, I needed .NET 6.0.26, the x86 version. The automatic link didn't open, so I did process of elimination XD

Garenji Deffari

Reputation score
I believe I have downloaded the older recommended versions, the latest, runtime, installer, tit, tat... It keeps giving the same error and it seems to be a comming problem. Will we get an updated patch that fixes that issue? Because when one person has a problem, it happens, but when a major demographic seems to be experiencing the same problem, i believe it might be the patch's fault. These translation efforts are greatly appreciated, but I wish we could experience the translation fully

I followed every advice stated here and nothing works, so I don't know what might be the problem. I hope I won't get comments about "computer literacy" like some did :/

JakeMSG

Reputation score
I believe I have downloaded the older recommended versions, the latest, runtime, installer, tit, tat... It keeps giving the same error and it seems to be a comming problem. Will we get an updated patch that fixes that issue? Because when one person has a problem, it happens, but when a major demographic seems to be experiencing the same problem, i believe it might be the patch's fault. These translation efforts are greatly appreciated, but I wish we could experience the translation fully

I followed every advice stated here and nothing works, so I don't know what might be the problem. I hope I won't get comments about "computer literacy" like some did :/
If it's the same error as shown above (The ".Net" issue), the issue is really on your computer, and you will have to progressively install each .Net from the list until the error stops occurring.

The thing is, this error does not happen to everyone, and people have fixed it by installing the required ".net" redistributable in the past. It really isn't a problem on the program's side, at most you could ask for the program to be rewritten in another programming language, that does not need the ".net" redistributable (although generally, each Programming language will still require some form of Redistributable, you just might have some of them on your pc and not have others).

Garenji Deffari

Reputation score
If it's the same error as shown above (The ".Net" issue), the issue is really on your computer, and you will have to progressively install each .Net from the list until the error stops occurring.

The thing is, this error does not happen to everyone, and people have fixed it by installing the required ".net" redistributable in the past. It really isn't a problem on the program's side, at most you could ask for the program to be rewritten in another programming language, that does not need the ".net" redistributable (although generally, each Programming language will still require some form of Redistributable, you just might have some of them on your pc and not have others).
I expressed myself a tad rudely due to frustration

It ended up being resolved in the dumbest way possible: My system is x64, I said "screw it" and installed the same version I was told, but this time instead of the x64(which was FOR the system I had in theory) I installedthe x84 in my x64 system. It worked.

This is like trying to put diesel on a gasoline car and it somehow running as intented. What the hell

I still am trying to get over the fact that the actual effective solution was the computer illiterate one. The system window in the settings states that it's x64, but only x84 worked. Unironically. I wonder if that might help some of the people that ahd the same problem? It doesn't make sense, I'll be damned

Last edited:

JakeMSG

Reputation score
I expressed myself a tad rudely due to frustration

It ended up being resolved in the dumbest way possible: My system is x64, I said "screw it" and installed the same version I was told, but this time instead of the x64(which was FOR the system I had in theory) I installedthe x84 in my x64 system. It worked.

This is like trying to put diesel on a gasoline car and it somehow running as intented. What the hell

I still am trying to get over the fact that the actual effective solution was the computer illiterate one. The system window in the settings states that it's x64, but only x84 worked. Unironically. I wonder if that might help some of the people that ahd the same problem? It doesn't make sense, I'll be damned
Don't worry, besides tryin' to calm down before postin (although you've really no duty to do so, you can shitpost all you want, this ain't the Senate), it's quite understandable to get frustrated when things just go to shit repeatedly. I've had my days of frustration over things that, in the end, get fixed in under an hour tops (the search is the friends we made along the way).

To shed some light (and maybe further help others): while in general, when it comes to Software and Games, you'll want the architecture version that matches your OS (x64 apps for x64 OS etc.), when it comes to Redistributables&Prerequisites (essentially, the software that enables all sorts of Programming Languages (and apps made using them) to work), you'll usually want to install both the x64 and x86 versions. That is because some apps are built upon the x86 code, which is Compatible with x64 systems, but still different enough that, without it, even if you have the x64 version of the redistributables, it still won't work.

So basically, when it comes to ".Net", "C++" and those sorts of Redistributables, install all their versions to be safe (including both all their Version numbers, as code can be built upon older versions, and then both x64 and x86 versions of each, since code could be built upon the x86 version).

Garenji Deffari

Reputation score
Don't worry, besides tryin' to calm down before postin (although you've really no duty to do so, you can shitpost all you want, this ain't the Senate), it's quite understandable to get frustrated when things just go to shit repeatedly. I've had my days of frustration over things that, in the end, get fixed in under an hour tops (the search is the friends we made along the way).

To shed some light (and maybe further help others): while in general, when it comes to Software and Games, you'll want the architecture version that matches your OS (x64 apps for x64 OS etc.), when it comes to Redistributables&Prerequisites (essentially, the software that enables all sorts of Programming Languages (and apps made using them) to work), you'll usually want to install both the x64 and x86 versions. That is because some apps are built upon the x86 code, which is Compatible with x64 systems, but still different enough that, without it, even if you have the x64 version of the redistributables, it still won't work.

So basically, when it comes to ".Net", "C++" and those sorts of Redistributables, install all their versions to be safe (including both all their Version numbers, as code can be built upon older versions, and then both x64 and x86 versions of each, since code could be built upon the x86 version).
Althogh not mandatory, it's still important to have some decency, especially when someone is actually bothering with answering.
And the senate is quite the low bar, regardless of whichever country it might be from lol

Guess I learned something new. It was quite counterintuitive...
I have no experience with C++, Python is still a WIP for me. But I'll keep that in mind and hopefully that solves it to the others if they haven't found a solution yet.

Are you sure there aren't any risks by downloading and installing software that isn't meant for the current machine? It was that fear that kept me from trying that initially ^^"

Thanks again, anyhow. For answering, the help and the patience alike :3

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Althogh not mandatory, it's still important to have some decency, especially when someone is actually bothering with answering.
And the senate is quite the low bar, regardless of whichever country it might be from lol

Guess I learned something new. It was quite counterintuitive...
I have no experience with C++, Python is still a WIP for me. But I'll keep that in mind and hopefully that solves it to the others if they haven't found a solution yet.

Are you sure there aren't any risks by downloading and installing software that isn't meant for the current machine? It was that fear that kept me from trying that initially ^^"

Thanks again, anyhow. For answering, the help and the patience alike :3
It's not an issue with Redistributables like this to install, even if they seem like they don't fit your current machine, since they are, in essence, Optional packs of code that other applications can use (and therefore are not required by your System to run, and that's why they don't come prepackaged with your OS from the start).

However, you shouldn't install Drivers (the special programs for each of your pc components) that don't match your components, as that could cause issues with said components.

Other than that, installing any other type of Software that doesn't match your System will, at worst, simply not work (but it shouldn't cause any further issues to your pc).

HG79

Reputation score
Seems like the 3.41 patch (8.07) causes some script error in Fan Art section (320)

Last edited:

Desteron1698

Reputation score
Hello. Someone can help me?
I'm trying to fix a error with this image (ウボサスラ) (but in my error it named ウホサスラ).
ウボサスラ.png SHRIFT 2_23_2024 2_21_20 PM.png
I tryed all metods i can find, but nothing helped me.
P.S. Second problem i have is on version 8.06. in this version i don't have previous bug. Someone know how to fix it?
SHRIFT 2_27_2024 5_16_05 AM.png

Last edited:

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score