What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
What about the 3rd DLC?

Then plan is to release 2nd DLC full translation alongside the Black Fox endgame stuff, but the dev's put that update on hold in favor of getting Shrift 2 out. Once it's out, we'll becoming back to go through stuff like that again.

SvenFletcher

Reputation score
So, when SHRIFT's translation is finally completed after everything for it releases, do you think you'll work on SHRIFT II?

simonne76620

Reputation score
I have a issue with the patch I installed the .NET files first the desktop for the version 5 the patch was telling me to install and after I installed the new version but the patch is telling me that I still don't have the files can someone help ?

Edit I found how to fix it if someone has the same issue download the x86 installer and it worked for me

Last edited:

lolbrah132

Reputation score
Translation for DLC1 (Yami) appears not to work in version 8.07 (did multiple fresh installs to no avail). 1656623721302.png

Edit:
DLC 3 I am aware is untranslated, so japanese text there is normal. Strangely, DLC 2's translation (appears to be machine translated) is working. Patch during version change may have broken something for DLC 1 specifically.

1656624336382.png

Last edited:

Ginek

Reputation score
Translation for DLC1 (Yami) appears not to work in version 8.07 (did multiple fresh installs to no avail).View attachment 44629

Edit:
DLC 3 I am aware is untranslated, so japanese text there is normal. Strangely, DLC 2's translation (appears to be machine translated) is working. Patch during version change may have broken something for DLC 1 specifically.

View attachment 44630
the dlc 1 is translated, but after EX4, i believe the dialogue changed to adapt to the events of the EX, so it is differente, therefore, untranslated

dlhaki

Reputation score
Installing any version of .net doesn't seem to work for me, both x64 and x86. Still saying it doesn't see .net installed. Does the PC need to be in Japanese system locale?

pseena

Reputation score
When running the game on Wine by simply opening the exe from file manager, I get this error.
Screenshot_20220810_191923.png
Launching it from terminal (wine Game.exe) helps.

keeyang1996

Reputation score
Just wanted to say that .NET 5.0 Runtime is no longer supported and offical website doesn't offer the download.
For those looking for it, stil has a copy of it
I installed both Runtime Installer and Window desktop Runtime, both x64, and the patcher works. I am not sure whether which one exactly did the trick.
None of the other version, works, not even 5.0.7 which I randomly found before the 5.0

123bandit

Reputation score
Just wanted to say that .NET 5.0 Runtime is no longer supported and offical website doesn't offer the download.
For those looking for it, stil has a copy of it
I installed both Runtime Installer and Window desktop Runtime, both x64, and the patcher works. I am not sure whether which one exactly did the trick.
None of the other version, works, not even 5.0.7 which I randomly found before the 5.0
None of these worked for me, it still says I need .Net to run the patcher

2quick4u

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello, I'm playing this game via Joiplay on Android. Any advice to patching on android? The game runs fine through the program, I just have no idea how to run an exe on mobile.

I was thinking about extracting the exe patch files and just overriding everything manually, but I'm not sure that would work.

tamooi

Reputation score
sorry, i've never translated anything before and i dont fully understand any of this, i know they are probably simple instructions, but i've never been good with files, and mess up almost anything, i really want to play shrift, then possibly two, but i dont understand anything, is there a simpler way, or can i have it explained again? im sorry, but i need instructions really detailed and almost every step because im horrible with this type of stuff, im really sorry.

just bought it from dlsite, and like i said am really confused, but still want to play it and understand what's happening.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
sorry, i've never translated anything before and i dont fully understand any of this, i know they are probably simple instructions, but i've never been good with files, and mess up almost anything, i really want to play shrift, then possibly two, but i dont understand anything, is there a simpler way, or can i have it explained again? im sorry, but i need instructions really detailed and almost every step because im horrible with this type of stuff, im really sorry.

just bought it from dlsite, and like i said am really confused, but still want to play it and understand what's happening.
We can't do everything for you.

The posts give you directions. You need a basic amount of computer literacy to play games.
Your post is your first, but you're replying like you're replying to someone else. No one can help you if we don't even understand what you're talking about.

Civilincubus

Reputation score

The translation only works for the Demo at this point, not the full game you likely downloaded. Just makre sure you are applying the patch to the right game, as you want to play Shrift (original), get the patch from that thread and try there. Also, what Unsaid pointed out is correct, I too struggle with 'applying' patches liked this, so it does require a bit of research DIY. Folks here are happy to help, but like I had to you'll have to learn to ask the right questions.

paperpimp

Reputation score
can someone hold my hand applying the translation patch lol ive been trying to do it for the past 2 hours

Anonymous_Pervert

Reputation score
Create a directory and unzip both the latest version of the game and the latest version of the patch (SHRIFTPatchv3.4[ver8.07]) into it
execute the patch.exe
in the pop-up, if it doesn't already have the correct directory, make sure it has the folder with game.exe in it selected