What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

Morbida

Reputation score
What version of the game are you running?

I was able to beat EX4 only because Abaddon couldn't grab me a second time. Then I checked again — let Abaddon grab me twice, and got the same error.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This thread is for translation discussion only.
Anyone here got a save file on pure run right before the final vanilla boss? Want to get bakc into the game but don't feel like beating it all over again.

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
I was able to beat EX4 only because Abaddon couldn't grab me a second time. Then I checked again — let Abaddon grab me twice, and got the same error.
Oh, by version I meant of the SHRIFT game itself rather than the patch (though I can understand where the confusion is coming from). There's a file in your SHRIFT directory called "更新履歴.txt" that has the version number of your game at the top.

Ginek

Reputation score
Sorry for the tiny extra wait, but the EX4 translation is finally released!
View attachment 42120

I don't really have a ton of time right now, so I'll fill in the changelog later. There is only one thing of note:
View attachment 42121
We had to use a ton of custom scripting in this patch to handle and properly translate EX4's new systems. In Marion's weapon switch menu, the [Equipped] tag may be cut off. Sorry we couldn't fix it in time, but I felt that it was better to release it anyways with what we had instead of delaying the patch more.

[Changelog here later.]

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^
Will you translate the EX4 Lamia memento and yami new dialogue on the DLC next?

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nice Try, Bangladesh man, but we don't have credit cards here.

jd0817

Reputation score
So I bought the game and downloaded the patch, but when I try to run it the patch tells me "To run this application, you must install .NET." Followed the link and downloaded it, and it's still giving me the same message.
Anyone that can help?
EDIT; Nevermind, starting working after a restart.

Last edited:

adzu12

Reputation score
So I bought the game and downloaded the patch, but when I try to run it the patch tells me "To run this application, you must install .NET." Followed the link and downloaded it, and it's still giving me the same message.
Anyone that can help?
EDIT; Nevermind, starting working after a restart.
when you go to NET what do you dowload the first one? dont work for me
Run console apps or
Run desktop apps?

solarbeamr

Reputation score
That's a plugin crashing. I'm surprised it's crashing on startup, it shouldn't be.... I've never seen that before. What version is your game? You can look in the JP readme to find out.
Thanks for your translation, do you have a PayPal or anything so I can buy you a coffee
That's a plugin crashing. I'm surprised it's crashing on startup, it shouldn't be.... I've never seen that before. What version is your game? You can look in the JP readme to find out.
Thanks for your translation, I can fully enjoy the game because of this.
Is there anyway I can buy you a coffee ?
Hopefully you enjoy translating the game so you can also take Shrift 2 too.
Many thanks again.

Anegorami

Reputation score
when you go to NET what do you dowload the first one? dont work for me
Run console apps or
Run desktop apps?
.NET 5 Desktop Runtime is the one you seek. Don't forget to reboot after installation.
Also, to everyone in this thread: the next version of the patcher will be compiled against .NET 6, so be prepared to install .NET 6 Desktop Runtime as well.

adzu12

Reputation score
.NET 5 Desktop Runtime is the one you seek. Don't forget to reboot after installation.
Also, to everyone in this thread: the next version of the patcher will be compiled against .NET 6, so be prepared to install .NET 6 Desktop Runtime as well.
oki doki thx man

bananapie62

Reputation score
I am having issues running the translation mod. I am trying to run the v3.3 exe and its telling me that i need to have .NET installed, but i have already installed the 5.0 desktop app version and restarted my computer several times, any idea what i can do to fix this?

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
I am having issues running the translation mod. I am trying to run the v3.3 exe and its telling me that i need to have .NET installed, but i have already installed the 5.0 desktop app version and restarted my computer several times, any idea what i can do to fix this?
Did you install x86 version?

4face

Reputation score
Hi sorry if this is rude but im curios are
dead,
still on break
or back at the grind?

crazycarzom

Reputation score
I have someone who is having issues with the patch, game suddenly displays an error message when they originally could play before.
1677959_1644938435902.png

I asked them for a copy of their log file to see if it outputted anything however it was mostly empty but for one line:
Time:2021-07-27 20:54:23 -0700, Script Version:0.2.3

They mentioned the message appeared originally when playing on version 7.06 but updated to version 8.06 due to this message appearing, had the same problem.

The reason I'm making this post is due to them not being able to make an account here just yet. If anyone could help or offer any solutions, I would be appreciative.

EDIT: Resolved through a method someone presented.

Hope everyone is staying safe and good night/day to all!
Till next time.

Last edited:

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I finally managed to get around to finishing EX4 just wanted to say thank you for the awesome job with translation Shrift is a great game but the translation makes it that much more amazing experience to play

Sneaky gnome

Reputation score
its been a couple of months since i last visited this thread.
so has the 2 other dlcs been translated as well?

Civilincubus

Reputation score
its been a couple of months since i last visited this thread.
so has the 2 other dlcs been translated as well?
Could you please check the first page of a translation thread before asking about update statuses? It can be easy to overlook, and may seem like a waste of time, yet posts like this may cause numerous other folk to take time to check if anything significant is occurring before getting disappointed. That was my experience.

FelixAP777

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Could you please check the first page of a translation thread before asking about update statuses? It can be easy to overlook, and may seem like a waste of time, yet posts like this may cause numerous other folk to take time to check if anything significant is occurring before getting disappointed. That was my experience.
Sorry, you were lightly disappointed at a legitimate question. I wasted a lot of my time checking the 'first pages' of all three links in the original OP post. Didn't find any answers to his question. Another question is, does someone have the three DLC numbers? I remember seeing them buried deep within the forums. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this.

All of the work going into this translation for the last four years has been mind-boggling. All without any support, in fact upon further research even resistance, from Devil's Office/Nekomata. While the game itself is alright, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it without the labour of love shown by Shifted/contributors of ULMF.

4face

Reputation score
So with SHRIFT fully translated are you done or will you translate something else ;)