What's new

[WIP - Full] SHRIFT Translation Version 2.0 (Machine and Manual Translation)

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Minor update on patch:

The final set of text for the ending of EX4 has been reviewed and merged into the main patch. I'll be finishing up the final image translations tomorrow as well as going through final play-testing of the completed patch, and gold version will be ready to be built in 24 hours. Once the new installer is ready, I'll draft up a release and post it here. See you guys soon.

solarbeamr

Reputation score
Minor update on patch:

The final set of text for the ending of EX4 has been reviewed and merged into the main patch. I'll be finishing up the final image translations tomorrow as well as going through final play-testing of the completed patch, and gold version will be ready to be built in 24 hours. Once the new installer is ready, I'll draft up a release and post it here. See you guys soon.
Wohoo Merry Christmas

PICO

Cthulhu
Reputation score
i love to hear that Ex-4 will be release
but i do want to know when bonus story will going to get translate too tho?

OP
Shrifted

Shrifted

Reputation score
Sorry for the tiny extra wait, but the EX4 translation is finally released!
1638902345518.png

I don't really have a ton of time right now, so I'll fill in the changelog later. There is only one thing of note:
1638902390204.png
We had to use a ton of custom scripting in this patch to handle and properly translate EX4's new systems. In Marion's weapon switch menu, the [Equipped] tag may be cut off. Sorry we couldn't fix it in time, but I felt that it was better to release it anyways with what we had instead of delaying the patch more.

[Changelog here later.]

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^

Attachments

Khuntai

Reputation score
View attachment 42120

I don't really have a ton of time right now, so I'll fill in the changelog later. There is only one thing of note:
View attachment 42121
We had to use a ton of custom scripting in this patch to handle and properly translate EX4's new systems. In Marion's weapon switch menu, the [Equipped] tag may be cut off. Sorry we couldn't fix it in time, but I felt that it was better to release it anyways with what we had instead of delaying the patch more.

[Changelog here later.]

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^
Thanks for all of your hard work my friend. We don't deserve you.

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
little wierd that I need to have 86 type .NET when my computer is 64 type but otherwise patch is working good job

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
little wierd that I need to have 86 type .NET when my computer is 64 type but otherwise patch is working good job
From memory, that was done because a lot of people didn't have a 64-bit OS which meant the patcher didn't work on their systems. So to make sure it's as compatible with as many people's systems as possible, it was made for 32-bit .NET.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
View attachment 42120

View attachment 42121

[Changelog here later.]

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^
Patch is broken it asks me to install .net despite me already having it installed. Since all the previous ones worked I assume it's a problem with this one.

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Patch is broken it asks me to install .net despite me already having it installed. Since all the previous ones worked I assume it's a problem with this one.
Do you have the 32-bit or 64-bit version of .NET? Previous versions of the patcher used 64-bit until it was changed to use 32-bit to ensure maximum compatibility.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Do you have the 32-bit or 64-bit version of .NET? Previous versions of the patcher used 64-bit until it was changed to use 32-bit to ensure maximum compatibility.
I'm using 64-bit but it's fine since I just used the old version of the patch to do it instead. It could have also just been so long since the last patch that I forgot that I just use the old version as well lol.
View attachment 42120

View attachment 42121

[Changelog here later.]

Hope you all enjoy! ^w^
Will you be translating the last DLC after this? It's the last thing that's just MTLed and then the game will be truly complete.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
aint there still the thing with the 4 crystals where the book is, that not out yet well i was not keeping up with the news with that if its still not out yet then once that out the game will be truly complete

Noggin

Reputation score
This thread is for translation discussion only.
Are there any links for a save file at the last save point before the True Mercy ending?

WindOf

Reputation score
Thanks a lot for the EX4 patch I was really looking forward to this you guys are heroes

Crackersa

Reputation score
I'm getting this error whenever i try to start the game:

Script 'Colorful' line 16: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'gsub' for nil:NilClass

Anybody know what this means?