What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/31: 175+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/27]

I'm thinking you're taking the skills a bit too literal, for starters it would be immensely impractical to try and actually kiss someone in the middle of a melee or other combat scenarios.

Lust magic is not entirely different from normal magic, beside it being sourced from the casters lust rather than mana (or in qum's case a combination of both) and the effects of such skills affecting the targets lust, which is why healing/arousing kiss give lust based characters a boost to their lust in addition to the normal affect. Characters who don't use such skills similarly are not really affected by the lust affects of such skills, it would be very dangerous and distracting to suddenly become aroused mid-fight for conventional fighters like for example Hilstara or Robin.

I'm thinking you're taking the skills a bit too literal, for starters it would be immensely impractical to try and actually kiss someone in the middle of a melee or other combat scenarios.

Lust magic is not entirely different from normal magic, beside it being sourced from the casters lust rather than mana (or in qum's case a combination of both) and the effects of such skills affecting the targets lust, which is why healing/arousing kiss give lust based characters a boost to their lust in addition to the normal affect. Characters who don't use such skills similarly are not really affected by the lust affects of such skills, it would be very dangerous and distracting to suddenly become aroused mid-fight for conventional fighters like for example Hilstara or Robin.

Agree with you there.
Actually all this time i always imagined Qum's Kiss Skills to be just her giving an air kiss.

Version 0.18.0 is out for backers! Meanwhile, here is a preview of some of this update's content:

This update focuses on the battle for Yhilin, but you won't be fighting on the front lines, you'll be commanding the battle and making decisions that have a broader impact.

The events can vary substantially depending on both strategic decisions and actions taken earlier in the game. You may face conflicts and characters at different times or not at all depending on your choices.

And after the battle, you're left to deal with all the broken pieces. How many problems you have to deal with and how much of the city gets destroyed will depend on your choices.

Of course, with a battle this big, everyone will get a bit of the spotlight.

Finally, I can reveal something patrons saw a while ago: the first official map for TLS. This covers the continent of Arclent:

Expect more maps in the future! But in the nearer future, expect the public release of this update in about a week - see you then!

Sounds like something that'll keep the people like me who can't stop min-maxing occupied for a while. ^_^

*minor non-plot spoiler*
So people concerned that Nalili wasn't pulling her weight in fights can rest easy now

Last edited:

Can't wait for the public release. On a side note, I'm guessing censuur's minor spoiler means a certain someone got some changes. Nice local map, too. Any plans for a world map or maps of other regions, or is it way too soon to tell?

Not so much some changes as just the consequences of her training with whomever you assigned her to.

As for maps, I'm actually somewhat interested in seeing a map from before the original incubus king's invasion.

Another spoiler, this one gameplay related.
It seems that the petitioners you get toward the end will change based on your choices and actions at least, as the image provided by Sierra is missing an NPC I had to deal with and includes one that I didn't get.
It seems the person missing from the image relates to whether or not the orc extermination campaign vote got passed.

Sounds like something that'll keep the people like me who can't stop min-maxing occupied for a while. ^_^
Have fun. ^-^

I just hope less hardcore players don't get frustrated - I tried to make this sequence run pretty smoothly regardless of min-maxing to reduce that, but we'll see.

Nice local map, too. Any plans for a world map or maps of other regions, or is it way too soon to tell?
Oh, I had sketches of the world map done before the first update, and it's been fairly well-developed since the first several updates, when I realized this project had traction. No promises about when they'll be done, but you can expect maps of the other continents and eventually a world map. Also variants of the Arclent map, such as one that marks all the places the characters have been.

As for maps, I'm actually somewhat interested in seeing a map from before the original incubus king's invasion.

Another spoiler, this one gameplay related.
It seems that the petitioners you get toward the end will change based on your choices and actions at least, as the image provided by Sierra is missing an NPC I had to deal with and includes one that I didn't get.
It seems the person missing from the image relates to whether or not the orc extermination campaign vote got passed.
Ah, a pre-invasion map wasn't on my immediate list, but that does seem like a fun lore thing to do. Maybe it'll happen eventually.

As for the petitioners: yup, the problems you have to deal with after the battle vary depending on your choices, and some of their problems will play out differently depending on other variables.

I haven't followed this game for a long time, does it contain sex artwork now?

A couple little RPG Maker sprite animations were added from the few that were there before, but by and large it is still a text-smut game. (EDIT: Unless suddenly a billion things changed this last update I guess!)

Also get hype. How long do I have to wait for the pubbie version again? I guarantee I am already sad about whatever ProN and other cool stuff I missed.

Last edited:

Not yet sadly, :eek:.
It is still mostly textsex or simple spritesex, just like what GargantuaBlarg said:
A couple little RPG Maker sprite animations were added from the few that were there before, but by and large it is still a text-smut game. (EDIT: Unless suddenly a billion things changed this last update I guess!)

Also get hype. How long do I have to wait for the pubbie version again? I guarantee I am already sad about whatever ProN and other cool stuff I missed.

It should be a week after Patreon release usually.

Man, the new public version is almost up and yet i haven't completed my optimal save playthrough yet, ARRGGHH!! :D

Just dropping in to say that the project is a lot closer to having art. As patrons know, I've been trialing a number of artist and trying to find someone who I think is right for the project and can sustain a long work like this. I'm tentatively positive about the artist I'm working with now, but as always, I don't want to make promises about work other than my own.

Man, the new public version is almost up and yet i haven't completed my optimal save playthrough yet, ARRGGHH!! :D
Though I want to give my usual disclaimer that people don't need to be hardcore to have a good time with the game... this is a good release to be ready for. Lots of decisions you've been making factor into how well the battle goes.

Just dropping in to say that the project is a lot closer to having art. As patrons know, I've been trialing a number of artist and trying to find someone who I think is right for the project and can sustain a long work like this. I'm tentatively positive about the artist I'm working with now, but as always, I don't want to make promises about work other than my own.

Will the Artist add Cgs retrospectively ? Or are you only going to commission such things after the Game is comepletely finished ? (Or never ?)

Will the Artist add Cgs retrospectively ? Or are you only going to commission such things after the Game is comepletely finished ? (Or never ?)

It sounds like ideally she wants someone who will stay on board for the long haul and make the content in unison. Going to be painful for whatever artist to play catch up though :p

My understanding is that artwork will be added retroactively. Though I'm personally not really invested, I'm fine with just text and honestly, I could do without those scenes too, the story itself is more than compelling enough on it's own.

Though I want to give my usual disclaimer that people don't need to be hardcore to have a good time with the game... this is a good release to be ready for. Lots of decisions you've been making factor into how well the battle goes.

Honestly this release is probably better for those with a casual approach to the game, people like myself can get really fussy when things are somewhat ambiguous (did I get the best possible result, or did I make a mistake somewhere?) Especially Hilstara's comment about my armies' readiness
something along the lines of "maybe if we had more suppliers, but no, our army is well equipped" makes it seem like it was good, but could be better, or Hilstara is just saying this even in the optimal result.

I have two saves I'm using for this, one to just casually go through and not worry about consequences and one where I try to obtain everything I possibly can, and the differences between the two saves has been getting bigger every update.

Speaking of which, the one thing I never really seem to be able to do is dominating Varia and turning Altina into a whore. Still curious as to what that all changes but I'm just not really into the whole psychological "murder" thing >_>

Speaking of which, the one thing I never really seem to be able to do is dominating Varia and turning Altina into a whore. Still curious as to what that all changes but I'm just not really into the whole psychological "murder" thing >_>

I'm the same way, although I feel like this game would be so perfect for a law/chaos split in terms of routes. It would massively complicate programming, but I feel it has a lot of potential. I also thought it would be cool if "corrupt" Altina and dominated Varia used lust (SP) instead of MP or used both like Simon. To be honest, there are millions of things that could be done with this game in terms of mods or changes.

By the way, what is the official stance towards mods and stuff? Sierra Lee?

A few things in particular I'm hoping happen are...
PLOT SPOILERS:
No really.
Last warning.
I'm secretly hoping Aka's transformation has an option to have her operate off of a hybrid of MP and SP like Simon. Half-succubus, maybe? She's basically already there.

Also, I want Yarra's imminent death to be circumvented via plot magic where Simon turns her into a human or reincarnates her or she achieves the Empress' transformation by absorbing her shard when Simon takes over the Orgasmic Empire and "saves" her from her fate. Heck, Qum could be the one to extend her lifespan with Incubus King magic and absorb a shard. Special pink-haired succubus and all.

Lastly, I really really REALLY want Wynn to be Wendis. (Not holding my breath though.)

A few things in particular I'm hoping happen are...

Speaking of wishful thinking, I personally hope for things like the king of Arlecent to become an ally at some point (I generally enjoy the theme of overcoming great mental hardship in stories) but most of all I hope we'll campaign against Erosia at some point since I find its sovereign to be particularly heinous...

But most of all, my interests right now are with Riala, specifically her identity (she's way too old for a regular succubus, for one thing) and where and how she got the shard she gave Simon. In that sense I suspect she's directly related to those godly figures, and has been pushing Simon toward acting in their interests.

If discussions go well, art would start ASAP, not after some later point. Realistically, few artists could catch up to the game in any reasonable amount of time, so it will take a while after the conclusion of the game for the art to conclude as well. Commissioned art would begin with the first part of the story - maybe later I'd choose scenes more selectively and fill in later, but I want the introduction of the game to represent its intended final form first.

By the way, what is the official stance towards mods and stuff? Sierra Lee?
A fan named Decanter has already made one mod, basically a challenge sidequest of what it would be like to attempt to rescue Altina immediately instead of later. Stuff like that is fine.

(I generally enjoy the theme of overcoming great mental hardship in stories).
We will get along just fine.

Wait, Zirantia is to the south ? With how the remaining Elves Kingdoms are always reffered as the Southern one, I had though that they would have been in that direction rather then East.

This also imply that the Incubus King had actually managed to conquer the entire Western half of the continent before getting kicked out of the Southwest peninsula.

You'll find that some old direction lines have been corrected in the newest version of the game.

This hasn't been addressed in the game yet, but when the party goes to Zirantia there will be more information about the later stages of the war. When the combined armies of Arclent started to push the Incubus King back (on the northern edge of Ardoheim), he tried to launch an amphibious assault from the Zirantian peninsula. Though this also failed eventually as well, the fighting there was a lot more desperate on both sides.

something along the lines of "maybe if we had more suppliers, but no, our army is well equipped" makes it seem like it was good, but could be better, or Hilstara is just saying this even in the optimal result.

Regarding how well your army is equipped:
In order to get the optimal result, you need to have invested in the Yhilini supplier *and* have given 25,000 ProN to Megail for her project (available when you talk to her in the palace after rescuing her; a one-time only offer!)

Back