What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/31: 175+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 12/16]

That's how the game work, don't worry.

Believe in Sierra's writing skills, brother. Believe in him/her! ;)

Trust us - you're in for a ride...:D

Hi,

Is anyone willing to share a save with me from after suit of armour is used to deal with Aka's corruption? I'm pretty sure I completed that whole 'chapter/section' of the game. My saves got deleted and playing all the way through again is daunting.

P.S. Sierra Lee, if you dislike me requesting a save -for whatever reason- please let me know and I'll remove the request.

P.P.S. Sierra Lee, you're awesome!

Hi,

Is anyone willing to share a save with me from after suit of armour is used to deal with Aka's corruption? I'm pretty sure I completed that whole 'chapter/section' of the game. My saves got deleted and playing all the way through again is daunting.

P.S. Sierra Lee, if you dislike me requesting a save -for whatever reason- please let me know and I'll remove the request.

P.P.S. Sierra Lee, you're awesome!
Thanks! For the record, asking for saves is completely fine. You might want to try asking on the wiki, though, I think people have shared more saves over there.

Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that TLS version 0.23.0 has just been released to patrons! This update takes us into Zirantia for the first time.

SbSTtQX.png

A new country means new plot, new tilesets, a new language, and new characters! You'll get to meet her and many others this time, and some of those meetings will be tense:
ehCRhwJ.png

This game also has a lot of sex in it, I swear.

5YDE0FQ.png

For example, Yarra gets to indulge one of her long-held fantasies this update. The political situation might be walking a tightrope, but succubi have strong feelings about how to reduce tension...

You can expect this version to be posted here in a week!

Hi Sierra!
Do you create the tilesets yourself for TLS? Also do you parallax your Maps?

There's something that i had to confess...

My hype about this game is actually too strong that it does a 180 degree turn resulting that i actually am scared to play every time a new version came out! :(

I mean, the DECISIONS, the MIN-MAXING, the CONSEQUENCES, the POLITICS, the PLOTS, and the SEXIES, it's too much for a single human like ME!!! :D

Oh but of course, keep doing what you're doing Sierra! ;)

Hey man it could be worse, I've probably replayed the game about six times now and I still need to make myself play through it while having broken Altina and Varia.

Also keep noticing small things which are potentially meaningful that drive all sorts of theories
Like how now that we have Orelise and Lynne we can see that there were 3 ruler spots before them, we can assume one is Janine and the other two are likely established by then, possibly the Empress and Tyna

Hey man it could be worse, I've probably replayed the game about six times now and I still need to make myself play through it while having broken Altina and Varia.

Also keep noticing small things which are potentially meaningful that drive all sorts of theories
Like how now that we have Orelise and Lynne we can see that there were 3 ruler spots before them, we can assume one is Janine and the other two are likely established by then, possibly the Empress and Tyna

Oh god. Forget about replaying the game, I can barely keep my save-files straight.

I play each installment as it comes out, because it's awesome, but the game is far too long to replay. Even with cheating to speed things up, it's still a serious time investment each time.

Personally I usually replay the game from the beginning each time a chapter come to an end, minimum, so I can maximize everything as much as possible.

You guys who replay multiple times are hardcore. With a game this long, my main design goal was for the main playthrough not to feel repetitive (hence the sections with different mechanics, the shift between combat and economic objectives, shaking up the party, etc). I also tried to make the decisions and consequences deep enough that a second playthrough would feel rewarding. Beyond that... I'm just happy some of you like the game that much. ^-^

Hi Sierra!
Do you create the tilesets yourself for TLS? Also do you parallax your Maps?
No custom tilesets so far, though I've done some edits or commissioned them. There are a lot of tilesets for VX Ace out there, so I hope to keep giving each region some unique traits.

Mostly I don't parallax, but you'll see it in use for some of the fancier maps, like the large forests. I'm reluctant to rely too heavily on this after a previous release was delayed a little due to an artist flaking out on me.

With the last update, how much hours of story is there in the game?
I'm really tempted to play it again, but a part of me still wants to wait until v1.0 :p

You guys who replay multiple times are hardcore.

I wiped my Windows install and neglected to transfer my save 2 days ago, I legit don't feel bad about having to restart for the fourth time, and I'm not even min-maxing or anything.

You make it sound like it's a slog and I don't feel like it is. I'd say most of it (to me) is the flair. Like that psychopathic blacksmith's kid, or the lewd, neglected nun, Simon's possessive neighbor or the pedophile guard of the academy, not to forget the banter you get from the ever ridiculous personalities and contrasting 'normal' ladies in the harem. Oh, and Sarai. There's just color stuffed in corners and crevices that most games either ignore or think themselves 'too good' or 'too serious' for.

I hope these little things don't diminish as the game progresses toward completion.

With the last update, how much hours of story is there in the game?
I'm really tempted to play it again, but a part of me still wants to wait until v1.0 :p
Hard to say the number, since my own playthroughs are obviously abnormal and players report vastly different times. I think I can confidently say there's at least 20 hours of content, even if you're rushing.

I wish I could say v1.0 was right around the corner, but... maybe consider replaying at the end of the chapter? I think the average chapter would provide a satisfying experience about as long as many games, and you'd get somewhat of a conclusion (just not the final conclusion).

I wiped my Windows install and neglected to transfer my save 2 days ago, I legit don't feel bad about having to restart for the fourth time, and I'm not even min-maxing or anything.

You make it sound like it's a slog and I don't feel like it is. I'd say most of it (to me) is the flair. Like that psychopathic blacksmith's kid, or the lewd, neglected nun, Simon's possessive neighbor or the pedophile guard of the academy, not to forget the banter you get from the ever ridiculous personalities and contrasting 'normal' ladies in the harem. Oh, and Sarai. There's just color stuffed in corners and crevices that most games either ignore or think themselves 'too good' or 'too serious' for.

I hope these little things don't diminish as the game progresses toward completion.
I'm certainly not trying to design a slog, I'm just aware that people's time and patience are limited and this is a very long game. A lot of those details are what make things fun for me too, so I hope to keep including a lot! Though the characters will engage with serious plots and get more responsibilities... imagine what some of the ridiculous personalities will do with real power. ^-^

Hard to say the number, since my own playthroughs are obviously abnormal and players report vastly different times. I think I can confidently say there's at least 20 hours of content, even if you're rushing.

I wish I could say v1.0 was right around the corner, but... maybe consider replaying at the end of the chapter? I think the average chapter would provide a satisfying experience about as long as many games, and you'd get somewhat of a conclusion (just not the final conclusion).
Thanks for answering.
20 hours is a LOT of content!
How much story do you think you still need to tell? Are we at half the final game?

Well, at least thus far we've seen roughly half the places in the main continent of the game and it looks like there will be several return trips to places visited before, the game currently presents several main objectives to complete and we've yet to complete even the first one of them
No seriously, major spoiler if you've not played the game yet
We've yet to even defeat the incubus king/emperor which will likely be a pretty big deal, and that seems pretty far off still

Hey, guys! An interview with me was just posted on LewdGamer, check it out:

Thanks for answering.
20 hours is a LOT of content!
How much story do you think you still need to tell? Are we at half the final game?
As it so happens, I was asked that question in the interview. The short version, though: yup, we're past half-way.

Well, at least thus far we've seen roughly half the places in the main continent of the game and it looks like there will be several return trips to places visited before, the game currently presents several main objectives to complete and we've yet to complete even the first one of them
No seriously, major spoiler if you've not played the game yet
We've yet to even defeat the incubus king/emperor which will likely be a pretty big deal, and that seems pretty far off still
Definitely lots of stuff left to happen, but it won't all happen in an orderly fashion. Much of the time so far has been spent putting pieces on the table and building characters and situations - once pieces are in place, knocking them down in a dramatic fashion is much faster. ^-^ One of the strengths of long stories is the ability to draw on everything that went before for an intense climax - I plan to take full advantage of it!

As it so happens, I was asked that question in the interview. The short version, though: yup, we're past half-way.
Oh, thanks :)

Taboos tend to be very culturally-bound and artificial, so I can’t take them too seriously. Making the violation of those arbitrary boundaries a central focus doesn’t feel naughty or exciting to me, just kind of stuffy, like we’re all elderly ladies getting hot and bothered over an exposed ankle. I would rather just show the ankle

I do think a large portion of 'hot and bothered' comes from the exposing, not the ankle. We humans don't get all excited over what we freely receive. There is a place for not making a big deal out of gangbangs (or ankles), but I definitely think there's also value in pretending boundaries matter! :D

Because of the stigma attached to sexual games, we get forbidden from many venues, have to use patches to be accepted on Steam, can’t develop community on places like YouTube, get worse payment processors if we can get them at all, etc. If those barriers could be lowered, then you’d see the bar rise across the board and everyone would get more of what they want.

This problem extends beyond games, unfortunately.

There's a comic called "Switch" by Reinbach, its themes involve incest and forced sex in an extremely erotic context. It is also an amazing production with genuine merit beyond getting dicks hard. Merit and the 'obscene' go together like water and oil in the eyes of the general public.

You'd really like to eliminate any line-drawing, but too many closed minds alive in 2017. So you have to ask them to draw a line where 'obscene' begins, and they did.

Unfortunately, they were slightly conservative and put it right in front of 'visible vagina'.

A penis is fine though :p:

genitaljousting.jpg

I do think a large portion of 'hot and bothered' comes from the exposing, not the ankle. We humans don't get all excited over what we freely receive. There is a place for not making a big deal out of gangbangs (or ankles), but I definitely think there's also value in pretending boundaries matter! :D
Well, to be clear, I'm being descriptive about my own tastes, not prescriptive about anyone else's. I recognize that a lot of people share your perspective, and more power to you. But I can't say I feel that's true for me personally.

One thing my answer in the interview didn't make clear: I'm not saying that ankles should be addressed matter-of-factly at all times. Not at all, framing is important. But there's a difference between a work having an attitude of "Oh my god, an ankle, how scandalous!" and "Look at this sexy ankle!" A lot of works are about stolen, illicit peeks at ankles, and to me the stolen and illicit adjectives don't add much to my enjoyment. That doesn't mean full frontal ankle all the time, though, we have lots of other options.

You'd really like to eliminate any line-drawing, but too many closed minds alive in 2017. So you have to ask them to draw a line where 'obscene' begins, and they did.
Oh, definitely, but in the interview I was given the ability to magically change something. What would be best for the field in an ideal world is different from the steps we'll have to take forward in reality.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/20]

Version 0.23.1 is here, enjoy!

Version 0.23.0
- New section of the story added, beginning the Zirantian section.
- Two new sex scenes.
- The previous iteration of Ari-Yhilina has been updated, adding more potential affection.
Version 0.23.1
- The usual bugfixes and polishing.
- Additional flavor text added to palace room and the crypt.
- Thanks to Lamsey for fixing and converting a lot of musical tracks. If you noticed any minor audio glitches before, those should be fixed now thanks to him!
- Thanks to Decanter, we have a new Funai sprite that matches her coloring better.
- Since the "optimize" option does not really optimize in a game with multiple stats on equipment, it has been renamed. Thanks to HarmlessArachnid for volunteering his scripting knowledge, even if it didn't get used in the end. The discussions and contributions of players help me keep polishing all the details. ^-^

Back