Re: Sign-up and OOC

Lol, I love Ronnys maps made in paint.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah well you work with what you have, I just wish you could put a grid on the damn thing.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Make one! Lines and boxes! Ryu, what do you use for AoL?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm actually going to try that for the next map see how it works.

Last edited:

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

I prefer 2 myself.

And Copper, for AoL I use a blank 10x10 grid that I modify in MS paint.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

2 seems like it would work better.

And exactly. Have a core blank grid and just modify it as needed for the game. Or just draw out your map and slap a grid over top of it, hehe.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

You forgot choice 3 be the mean DM and let you guys do your own damn mapping. Though I do have a grid I could use now, so I won't be mean. You know my OCD almost drove me insane making that grid. If I wasn't such a perfectionist it wouldn't have been that bad.

Heres how the map looks now.

Last edited:

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks great! Though, is it just me, or is the blue on brown somewhat hard to read?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know I picked the dark blue because it was easiest for me to read. I'll see what others think first.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The blue is fine on the lighter square, but the letters seem to blur together on the brown where it says 1 square = 5 feet and I have to lean in close to my monitor to read it. Maybe try light blue or black?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright then simple change, anything else you guys noticed?

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not really certain what the grey borders and the red they are around are - though I'm sure that'd be more obvious when you described the area.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you guys still have a character spot open? Pleeease tell me you guys still have a character spot open! You said you can take six, and I think I read five, sooo.... Please?

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you guys still have a character spot open? Pleeease tell me you guys still have a character spot open! You said you can take six, and I think I read five, sooo.... Please?
Only if you play a half-succubus, half-dragon wild mage.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

tell me where to find Wild mage and I'll do it :) i could probably go around pwning people with a sap in a level 1 campaign, but so what?

seriously though, i got a couple good ideas, but i can also pull off almost anything you guys decide is needed

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate to turn away people that want to play, but we currently have six players. So sorry, but it's full right now. You can follow along though and if someone has to drop out for whatever reason then I could let you in. Sorry, I'll keep you in mind if I start another game though.

Yeah, the map probably doesn't make much sense without the description. Hopefully it all becomes clear after that, Pbird.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate to turn away people that want to play, but we currently have six players. So sorry, but it's full right now. You can follow along though and if someone has to drop out for whatever reason then I could let you in. Sorry, I'll keep you in mind if I start another game though.
Not a problem, and that's exactly what I'll do :)

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not terribly active - this campaign just moves too slowly in this format for me. Shrike can have my place.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Now now, I didn't say I was willing to usurp a position, keep playing if you want to, I do have 5 other RPs so its not like I don't have any characters to play. I'm perfectly fine with waiting.