What's new

ADV Patreon SIM Active [SlavesOfRome] Slaves of Rome

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
it is old times, so i think that the women probably dont have a lot of pwer or status in society? maybe have something like this?

you're totally not! ME TOO!!! ^^
Oh, so sorry! I missed your message before. Interesting idea but how what it work exactly in the game? Like.. ok, it's harder to gain status as a female.. now what? Or is it just for worst prices and such, so like it's a "hard" mode?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm no expert on gender politics of ancient rome but from what I understand women couldn't hold much political clout (they were unable to join the senate or hold office, but there were some women in local councils), but overall Romans cared more about status than gender. Women could inherit family wealth and run businesses as much as a man.

Ironically it was 'progressing' into Christianity that put more restrictions on women's roles.

So I'd guess a slave trainer (who's inherited his/her father's business - is that correct?) probably wouldn't have much of a difference compared to a man, except for probably getting belittled and men wanting to bone her. So yeah, worst prices but offers for her to sell herself seems likely.

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
I'm no expert on gender politics of ancient rome but from what I understand women couldn't hold much political clout (they were unable to join the senate or hold office, but there were some women in local councils), but overall Romans cared more about status than gender. Women could inherit family wealth and run businesses as much as a man.

Ironically it was 'progressing' into Christianity that put more restrictions on women's roles.

So I'd guess a slave trainer (who's inherited his/her father's business - is that correct?) probably wouldn't have much of a difference compared to a man, except for probably getting belittled and men wanting to bone her. So yeah, worst prices but offers for her to sell herself seems likely.
Hey... actually... selling yourself is a pretty cool idea!

Also, it's half correct. While yes, there weren't women on the senate, there were a few strong (politically) females in Roman history.. like Servilia (mother of Brutus and lover of Julius) and a few others.. they were usually used as the political "backdoor"

ImaShelhaSchenaSheli

Reputation score
more like advisers, actually - the women who controlled the men who controlled the realm sort of thing..
I'm not that kin on you guys having too-accurate storyline, as the true to fact story there was too brutal, even for a BDSM lover like me. it's all about consent, you know? ;)

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
I agree. We want to give the "Roman feeling" but you know.. at the end of the day, it's not exactly an educational game. I mean it is... but... in a VERY different way ;)

btw:

WE HAVE JUST RELEASED OUR FIRST PATRONS PLAYABLE GAME BUILD!!
YOU CAN SEE THE POST HERE:

ImaShelhaSchenaSheli

Reputation score
ok, finished playing your game just now - i gotta say - you guys are freaking amazing. There's a lot to work on - maybe if i'll have time later i'll try and make an organized list of what I think :D

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
ok, finished playing your game just now - i gotta say - you guys are freaking amazing. There's a lot to work on - maybe if i'll have time later i'll try and make an organized list of what I think :D
Thank you so much :D - and yes, we know there is a lot of work ahead, but.. for a change, it's going according to plan so far. This is just the first build and I'm pretty happy with it. It's pretty short (we know! :) ), but hopefully can give a good glimpse and feeling about how the game feels and behaves as well as the graphics level and game play we are going for.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! And I'd LOVE to hear those comments you mentioned! :)

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
a build, i guess?
We try and upload a build every month (easy to say after just one month, I know ;) - but we will try to keep it up). I actually never know how often its best to update.. we wanna show cool things but don't want to spam too much so... usually between 3-7 days or so we try to post on Patreon something cool

Rayman2

Reputation score
I like city project's attitude towards it.. I'd much rather get a massive update / special things rather than just get something every month.. but that might just be me :)

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
I like city project's attitude towards it.. I'd much rather get a massive update / special things rather than just get something every month.. but that might just be me :)
I'm not sure, but I think most people like to see how we are advancing, and we want to show and "prove ourselves" as well. For those who rather get massive updates once in a while.. well.. I guess you can just skip a few builds and try just after a few releases, this way you'll get it all "in one" :D... I honestly don't know however what most people like better.. it's just my feeling, we are still learning about what's best for pareon so welcome every feedback or thought :)

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
Looks really cool! does that mean we can start actually trading and 'making money' in the game?
Oh, we mean that you can trade the slaves you trained and trade them with other people or NPCs and sent to missions. That's how you earn currency in the game

Rayman2

Reputation score
so when will we be able to actually trade with other people?

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
so when will we be able to actually trade with other people?
Well, we are releaseing the 0.2 version next week, but it won't have that yet. Hopefully, the build after that will have it - at least the general interface. It's kinda hard to build because the trading is using ALL the systems so we need to know 100% the other systems are perfect first