What's new

ADV Patreon SIM Active [SlavesOfRome] Slaves of Rome

Rayman2

Reputation score
What do you mean? how does the trading system use everything?

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
What do you mean? how does the trading system use everything?
Well... it needs to have all the options for character modification, positions, skill tree etc' so that the players can exchange slaves. So when it's in place, all the other game systems need to be already working. That's actually way harder than it sounds ;)

Rayman2

Reputation score
well, it SOUNDS hard, so it must be really really really hard xD
good luck! can't wait for it.

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
well, it SOUNDS hard, so it must be really really really hard xD
good luck! can't wait for it.
Ha ha - thanks man :). We actually just finished the character custom system so the on-line market day is not TOO far away now :D

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
it just was!!

You can see the V0.2 here:

ImaShelhaSchenaSheli

Reputation score
it just was!!
NOICE
This is a pretty good update, to be honest - wasn't expecting that at all..
the only thing that bugged me is in the temple (which is awesome!) - I wish there was a way to maybe purchase a couple of upgrades together, just so I could see the outcome better.. I'm never quite sure how things are gonna look, and that'll feel way better to have..
but overall, good job!!

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
NOICE
This is a pretty good update, to be honest - wasn't expecting that at all..
the only thing that bugged me is in the temple (which is awesome!) - I wish there was a way to maybe purchase a couple of upgrades together, just so I could see the outcome better.. I'm never quite sure how things are gonna look, and that'll feel way better to have..
but overall, good job!!
Thanks man! So happy to hear! :D
Yeah, actually already got that feedback from a few people (about the temple) - we are thinking on how to make it in the game - any ideas on how you would want to see it working exactly?

ImaShelhaSchenaSheli

Reputation score
I like where you're going with it.. basically just having the option to maybe view something before you buy it (or see a few upgrades ahead, kind of) that would be awesome.

Also - dunno if it's possible, but maybe have the transformation for the male and female better - like having breasts on the male character - and muscle density options for the female? that would really be interesting to see

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
I like where you're going with it.. basically just having the option to maybe view something before you buy it (or see a few upgrades ahead, kind of) that would be awesome.

Also - dunno if it's possible, but maybe have the transformation for the male and female better - like having breasts on the male character - and muscle density options for the female? that would really be interesting to see
Good points. Yeah, that shoulden't be hard to do - so would be happy to. Would be happy to hear more ideas if you have some.

As for seeing stuff, at the moment, there are a lot of gameplay videos avaliable - you can find them on xhamster ;)

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score

We took your advice! Males can have breasts :D

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
how about a public demo?
We are thinking about it. Honestly - the team is a bit debated on that front and we are trying to figure out the right way to do it, if any. Would actually like to hear you guys and your thoughts on the matter.

ImaShelhaSchenaSheli

Reputation score
We are thinking about it. Honestly - the team is a bit debated on that front and we are trying to figure out the right way to do it, if any. Would actually like to hear you guys and your thoughts on the matter.
I mean, at this point I actually think something with locked features would get you people to join.. I mean.. it's patreon, and you don't have something people could judge you by before putting in money.
I mean, the first tier is at 15$? that's the price of an indie game.. usually a finished one. and to pay that (monthly!) without even seeing if you like that game, is kind of a drag, maybe?

I would release something, but I think just the one, not recurring updates, or new demos. Just the one public demo, that has a bit of everything you plan to have in the game..

OP
SlavesOfRome

SlavesOfRome

Reputation score
I mean, at this point I actually think something with locked features would get you people to join.. I mean.. it's patreon, and you don't have something people could judge you by before putting in money.
I mean, the first tier is at 15$? that's the price of an indie game.. usually a finished one. and to pay that (monthly!) without even seeing if you like that game, is kind of a drag, maybe?

I would release something, but I think just the one, not recurring updates, or new demos. Just the one public demo, that has a bit of everything you plan to have in the game..
Interesting. I can see that point and it has been brought up by a few people. I have to ask though, why are the (lots) of videos not enough in your mind? Are they really not and does a free demo help or people just want it because "it's free"? Why is it so common to put those out and many people now expect them as standard?

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Interesting. I can see that point and it has been brought up by a few people. I have to ask though, why are the (lots) of videos not enough in your mind? Are they really not and does a free demo help or people just want it because "it's free"? Why is it so common to put those out and many people now expect them as standard?
A video cannot answer one simple question: "Will this game run on my PC and if yes - it will run well enough?" This is especially important for people with older PCs.

Besides, videos can be misleading, as proven by numerous trailers over the years.