What's new

Soldier's life (Completed)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life

Just got in on this. Enjoying it way more than the priestess one.

One question, is the curio-shop supposed to do thing? Feels odd that the button is there but there's not even a "not implemented yet" popup when you press it.

Edit: Patreon says it's about to be implemented.

Second: Is there a way to upgrade your weapons? Not the troops, your personal gear.

She has +3 and +4 weapons and armour (and the fact that her sword is magical is relevant in at least one scene) but Payton only has his standard gear.

Last edited:

Ayeka

Demon Girl
Reputation score

corrupting the priestess was "one time play game", not have reason to be replayed since always ended same. Hope you put here multi ending.

Polul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tried out the demo, was defeated in a sortie and then relegated to 4 reputation purgatory. The game mechanics felt really obtuse. Training seems really slow and reputation has too much reach, it's currently governing army equipment, army size and number of actions per town visit. What does my reputation have to do with the amount of training I can achieve during a town visit? I cleared out a lot of goblins, harpies and undead but did Peyton ever gain any experience from that?

I played the game for another hour but it just felt like a chore. I'll maybe check out a newer version if the mechanics change.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tried out the demo, was defeated in a sortie and then relegated to 4 reputation purgatory. The game mechanics felt really obtuse. Training seems really slow and reputation has too much reach, it's currently governing army equipment, army size and number of actions per town visit. What does my reputation have to do with the amount of training I can achieve during a town visit? I cleared out a lot of goblins, harpies and undead but did Peyton ever gain any experience from that?

I played the game for another hour but it just felt like a chore. I'll maybe check out a newer version if the mechanics change.
four rep will fuck you.

As for xp, no. Presumably because Payton isn't actually fighting them. (though thinking back on it, he should gain war experience for leading his army)

I had to use the cheat-mode to boost my skills and/or rep, otherwise it feels like a grind.

Hopefully it'll be less so whe new content is added.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life (Jan 9th 2017)

Hey everyone!

Like some of you already know, I released another build of Soldier's life recently. Version 0.10. A bunch of new stuff was added. New art, better balanced battle mechanics and a ton of new scenes (both solo and public) . I updated the OP with some new pics to better reflect the current build.

best idea yet :D ^^ (just found this thread, so only up to this post :p) i was thinking at the least he could make/hopefully he made when i reduce her training and roll enough that when she loses she gets fucked by a group of the enemy troops, and mayb better explanation and scenario of "uncorrupting" her would b "monster corruption" and "payton corruption" u retrain/help her remember what side shes on or who she is like alignment to which side, mayb her payton training lies dormant till shes back on ur side while her monster corruption (which gives me another idea) monster corruption could b like monster venom/infection, could affect her mind and u have to cure her then retrain her, ik this would b alot and ur trying not to get carried away but u could make a 2.0 version with all the extra stuff, mayb same for "corrupting priestess" a 2.0+ bonus version for all the ideas u left out of 1.0, u could put how much time u wish to this, after all it is ur time but this way u choose how lil or how much time u put to this per day and week and we ur fans and patrons get our wish eventually, win win and likely more fans and more patrons since ull b putting in most ppls ideas in 2.0+ short of nvr ending ofc ;D ^^ instead of nvr lose lose D': T_T
That's creative but I don't think I'll go that route. It would be too much of a detour from the current game.

fyi i do 6 scouts 2 cavalry 1 archers and troops, and i like the war system so far too, havent tried everything out yet :) im still starting off, just done my 10th sortie, gotten pretty rich with a total of mayb 30k+, b4 giving 60% to troops and slowly training myself, and just now tried stopping vanoras training after 2 or 3 sorties, and was like ooooh thats how i can get her to eventually lose to enemies (since i new that was likely inevitable since u can challange them with either vanora or payton) :) :p also forgot to mention in my other post should have something similar with payton if he loses, tho mostly just to harpies and other girls. :) unless ur fine with trap/gay which this being mainly bout vanora i would guess ud prefer not to at least mayb without a big enough incentive milestone thru patreon (my preference fyi is im 100% hetero, but i dont look down on or w/e any content i dont like, some fans like different stuff than i do, we're all different ppl so every1 likes something different) :p lol
I am not going to add sex scenes for losing battles. It's a personal pet peeve of mine. :p I don't like games that makes you want to lose to get sex stuff.

Just got in on this. Enjoying it way more than the priestess one.

One question, is the curio-shop supposed to do thing? Feels odd that the button is there but there's not even a "not implemented yet" popup when you press it.

Edit: Patreon says it's about to be implemented.

Second: Is there a way to upgrade your weapons? Not the troops, your personal gear.

She has +3 and +4 weapons and armour (and the fact that her sword is magical is relevant in at least one scene) but Payton only has his standard gear.
Glad you're having fun! The curio shop is active in the current Patreon build. You can upgrade your weapon and armor as well as buy some costumes for Vanora.

corrupting the priestess was "one time play game", not have reason to be replayed since always ended same. Hope you put here multi ending.
Yes. The current plan is to have 3 different endings.

I am not sure if you played the 0.10 version yet but the battle system is better balanced so that even if you have only 4 rep, you can still fight. Getting XPs from doing actions is on my list of things to do. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone! If you guys are inclined, I'd like your accounts of the combat. The more detailed, the better. Since I know the game inside out and am generally good at this kind of combat, I'm always wondering if I'm putting the bar too high. I'll keep your details in my notes for future tweaking.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Well, I don't think the fights are correctly balanced, but for me, it's in the other sense (way too easy). Several reasons for that:
-Cavalry charge is too powerful without real drawback. You deal double damage with the second turn lost, but it's at least equal to two normal attack (but it's actually better since you will take less damage after that between the first and second turn).
-You can retreat without any roll nor drawback.

Basically, you can start a new game, take 3 infantry 5 cavalry 2 scouts (or even less scouts...), and you can go right for the second zone. You can take on Goblins and minotaurs (treant is risky, harpies are no-no since you don't have archers, wraiths is risky, so you retreat them), you loot the battlefields, and you can finish the very first sortie with 10K golds for you (after repartition) and 60-70 reputation. You can actually finish the sortie with nearly infinite reputation since the turn counter still tick when you do a battle and retreat.

In the other hand, I think fights against "big bad monster" (beast/treant/dragon) should be designed a bit differently. You can't track their HP (or i may have missed where), and so, you just have to pray. Maybe divide the monster between body part (for instance, the beast may have a troop "head", a troup "body part" and a troop "paws" or something, and you win the fight when you destroy two of the three, or something like that).

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I don't think the fights are correctly balanced, but for me, it's in the other sense (way too easy). Several reasons for that:
-Cavalry charge is too powerful without real drawback. You deal double damage with the second turn lost, but it's at least equal to two normal attack (but it's actually better since you will take less damage after that between the first and second turn).
-You can retreat without any roll nor drawback.

Basically, you can start a new game, take 3 infantry 5 cavalry 2 scouts (or even less scouts...), and you can go right for the second zone. You can take on Goblins and minotaurs (treant is risky, harpies are no-no since you don't have archers, wraiths is risky, so you retreat them), you loot the battlefields, and you can finish the very first sortie with 10K golds for you (after repartition) and 60-70 reputation. You can actually finish the sortie with nearly infinite reputation since the turn counter still tick when you do a battle and retreat.

In the other hand, I think fights against "big bad monster" (beast/treant/dragon) should be designed a bit differently. You can't track their HP (or i may have missed where), and so, you just have to pray. Maybe divide the monster between body part (for instance, the beast may have a troop "head", a troup "body part" and a troop "paws" or something, and you win the fight when you destroy two of the three, or something like that).
Thanks for the details, they were added to my notes. Retreat will have a negative impact in the future but I left it free for now since I was not sure about the combat balance. (give players an out for now)

Keyen

Reputation score

Also, severals notes about scenes:
-You do anal in Humiliation with 2 SW/respect, but the "first" scene is when you do sex with 1 SW/respect.
-Also, you have "too much" events to see each stage. You can't see all events without increasing SW since it decreases too fast. Just reduce a bit the SW lose under the 5ish mark, I think. Respect, on the other hand, decreases too slowly.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also, severals notes about scenes:
-You do anal in Humiliation with 2 SW/respect, but the "first" scene is when you do sex with 1 SW/respect.
-Also, you have "too much" events to see each stage. You can't see all events without increasing SW since it decreases too fast. Just reduce a bit the SW lose under the 5ish mark, I think. Respect, on the other hand, decreases too slowly.
I don't think there's any anal in the humiliation bracket at this point. There is a sex scene at the SW 300 - 201 range but that's it as far as I remember.

Hehe. Too much of a good thing. That will be resolved when I do the final balance at the end of the development process.

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi Pyorgara!

I loved CtP!! I played that game like 3 times already, lol :D

I just wanted to ask, how far in development Soldier's Life you think it is? I played a very early beta (0.3 iirc) and then 0.6 but decided to wait for the final final product, just like I did with CtP (her slow corruption was awesome)

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm definitely gonna have to try this later! It looks awesome :D

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi Pyorgara!

I loved CtP!! I played that game like 3 times already, lol :D

I just wanted to ask, how far in development Soldier's Life you think it is? I played a very early beta (0.3 iirc) and then 0.6 but decided to wait for the final final product, just like I did with CtP (her slow corruption was awesome)
Nice! And people told me that CtP did not have replayability. :p

Soldier's Life is passed the halfway mark at this point but I can't say when it will be done exactly.

I'm definitely gonna have to try this later! It looks awesome :D
Hope you have fun!

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice! And people told me that CtP did not have replayability. :p

Soldier's Life is passed the halfway mark at this point but I can't say when it will be done exactly.
Thanks man! That's what I wanted to know, a general estimation of progress. Don't worry about dates, that's impossible to calculate unless one's really really close.

CtP is, as you know, fairly linear as we all know, but it is the quality of the writing and the fetishes what did it for me :D

Keep up the good work Pyorgara! Big fan here!

Reputation score

My biggest problem with the game atm is the grind. It feels repetitive to see the same 10 or so events and fight hundreds of battles to progress. I think the game would benefit from less events/fights, but greater impact on reputation, gold, and other stats. Less fights could also allow the fights to be more lethal.

Either that or keep the current balance but add hotkeys for the commands so I can cut down on the clicking. It's much easier to hit 1,2,3, and 4 than to repetitively click back and forth (since I already know which choices I'll be making for events I've seen two dozen times).

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My biggest problem with the game atm is the grind. It feels repetitive to see the same 10 or so events and fight hundreds of battles to progress. I think the game would benefit from less events/fights, but greater impact on reputation, gold, and other stats. Less fights could also allow the fights to be more lethal.

Either that or keep the current balance but add hotkeys for the commands so I can cut down on the clicking. It's much easier to hit 1,2,3, and 4 than to repetitively click back and forth (since I already know which choices I'll be making for events I've seen two dozen times).
Yeah, as the game progresses in development, there will be more and more events which will make it feel less repetitive. The hotkey thing was mentioned to me before and it's in my to-do list.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life (April 8th 2017)

Hey everyone!

A new public build of Soldier's life is out for your playing pleasure! The link is in the OP along with what changed since the last release. Lots of new contents and art!

Last edited:

Keyen

Reputation score

Try to edit the first post, then go into "go advanced". You should be able to edit the title here.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try to edit the first post, then go into "go advanced". You should be able to edit the title here.
Awesome! Thanks Keyen.

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life (April 8th 2017)

Ok i have some weird problems with this game. My army seems to route randomly and i lose a lot of Reputation because of it. I dont know what causes it and its very annoying.