What's new

Soldier's life (Completed)

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life (April 8th 2017)

Ok i have some weird problems with this game. My army seems to route randomly and i lose a lot of Reputation because of it. I dont know what causes it and its very annoying.
Hmmm... Sorry to hear that. Do you mean that it bugs and you lose the fight for no reason or do you mean that sometimes the monster hit harder than at other times?

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok i think i got it. I had only one unit of Main Army and the rest were Archers and Cavalry so i was losing once the Main Army died even though i still had plenty of troops left.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok i think i got it. I had only one unit of Main Army and the rest were Archers and Cavalry so i was losing once the Main Army died even though i still had plenty of troops left.
Ah yes, that would do it. :) Hope it goes better for you now.

Relic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So uh.. Lvl 1 training costs 1k and gives around 10-15 stat points, lvl 2 costs 10k but only gives twice as much as lvl 1 training? I don't get the reasoning behind this..

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok i have some weird problems with this game. My army seems to route randomly and i lose a lot of Reputation because of it. I dont know what causes it and its very annoying.
Your army only routes when you run out of foot-soldiers.
Pay attention to them, they're the least useful in combat, but they serve as the HP of your army.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So uh.. Lvl 1 training costs 1k and gives around 10-15 stat points, lvl 2 costs 10k but only gives twice as much as lvl 1 training? I don't get the reasoning behind this..
I am not a 100% sure about the numbers yet (will need to test them more) but the reasoning behind it is that later in the game, the amount of turns left in town starts to be worth more than the money.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life (July 5th, 2017)

Hey everyone!

A new public build of Soldier's life is out for your playing pleasure! The link is in the OP along with what changed since the last release. Lots of new contents and art!

Also, I’m not sure if this is ok to put here since it could be considered patreon advertisement (Mods, just tell me and I’ll remove it pronto) but around mid-month, my 5$ and more patrons will get to vote on what game I’ll work on next. I’ll have four choices with description of playstyle and the kind of content within.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

How far are you in the development of this game? Close to the end?

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How far are you in the development of this game? Close to the end?
Very close. Probably just a month or two. Which is why I'm holding a vote for my next game soon. :)

Keyen

Reputation score

Congratulation, then, it's a very good game^^

I'm just sad it doesn't support full screen.

Keyen

Reputation score

Oh ok, I was pretty sure I tried back then^^

My bad.

bacchusplateau

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh ok, I was pretty sure I tried back then^^

My bad.
I'm pretty sure that Alt + Enter didn't work before. Possibly a change in the game engine version allowed for full screen? Not sure, but it looks great all big and all. ;)

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life (Poll opened)

Hey everyone! Soldier's life is almost done and the votes are now opened for my patrons. As a nice bonus, you'll also get to play the "completed" game two months before it gets released to everyone. I say "complete" like that because the patron release currently has all the major scenes in it plus all the endings. I'll still spend next month going over it to tweak numbers, make sure there are no bugs and maybe add a little scene here and there if I find places lacking.

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

is it just me, or the page on both of your game are down?

bacchusplateau

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's nice you want more people to participate in your poll, but it's behind a paywall. ;)

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I cannot get it, how u get the minotaur graphics? i keep challenging minotaur with Vanora and losing but nothing happens!

GTA89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't really understand how the "Giant Animal" works. It has only one HP but it ignores every damage I dealt. It always stays at one HP.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is it just me, or the page on both of your game are down?
Everything seems fine. It might have just been a hiccup.

It's nice you want more people to participate in your poll, but it's behind a paywall. ;)
Hehe. That's why I said it was for my patrons in my post. I was just advertising in case people wanted to join so they could have a voice in my next project.

I cannot get it, how u get the minotaur graphics? i keep challenging minotaur with Vanora and losing but nothing happens!
You have to offer Vanora to the minotaur when her will is really low. ;)

I don't really understand how the "Giant Animal" works. It has only one HP but it ignores every damage I dealt. It always stays at one HP.
Big monsters, like the giant animal, have hidden HP bars. There's usually only one of them but it takes an army to take it down. Just keep hitting it. :)