What's new

Soldier's life (Completed)

chipsiup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soldier's life

One thing in the prologue/introduction kind of bugged me. When Vanora says something about how they're 6 days away from breaking the record on that level. I feel like that line needs to be rewritten, since it just doesn't really make much sense.

What level? Are they playing a video game? And record? That just completely pulled me out of the story.

I get what you're going for, in that Vanora is more concerned with accomplishments than keeping her men alive, but again the line is just really strange. Why would there be a record for spending the longest amount of time in hostile territory?

An alternative suggestion: Vanora is trying to capture an enemy city in the SHORTEST amount of time, or capture an enemy city that has historically been considered unconquerable, and is pushing her unit to move too fast and too far in order to do so.

EpicFailGuy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Will a new version be released or is V0.03 the last version for non-Patreon people?

Harib

Lurker
Reputation score

One thing in the prologue/introduction kind of bugged me. When Vanora says something about how they're 6 days away from breaking the record on that level....
What level?
That area of the world map? That's what I thought it meant.

kosteo006

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't think you can train yourself, I am not 100% sure. I don't seem to be able to go to 'Curio Shop' to 'Train Yourself' or go into the field beyond the first zone. Are these functions not available in the v.03 or am I just missing something obvious? Great game though, look forward to following it.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One thing in the prologue/introduction kind of bugged me. When Vanora says something about how they're 6 days away from breaking the record on that level. I feel like that line needs to be rewritten, since it just doesn't really make much sense.

What level? Are they playing a video game? And record? That just completely pulled me out of the story.

I get what you're going for, in that Vanora is more concerned with accomplishments than keeping her men alive, but again the line is just really strange. Why would there be a record for spending the longest amount of time in hostile territory?

An alternative suggestion: Vanora is trying to capture an enemy city in the SHORTEST amount of time, or capture an enemy city that has historically been considered unconquerable, and is pushing her unit to move too fast and too far in order to do so.
In this world, the people demark distance from town as levels. The farther from town, the more dangerous.

The record is a dick measuring contest for people who forgot the purpose of being out there in the first place. Think of kids daring each others to go and stay in a "haunted" house for an hour.

Will a new version be released or is V0.03 the last version for non-Patreon people?
There will be other public releases.

you cannot train yourself¿?
That function was not done at the time of this release. It will be in the next public build.

I don't think you can train yourself, I am not 100% sure. I don't seem to be able to go to 'Curio Shop' to 'Train Yourself' or go into the field beyond the first zone. Are these functions not available in the v.03 or am I just missing something obvious? Great game though, look forward to following it.
You are right. If you click on a button and nothing happens, it's because it's not in the game yet. There's always some kind of blurb if something is active but you can't do it yet.

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

TY for the response pyorgara, and good luck with the game, its looks so good ^^

PD: Sorry for my bad english

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys!

I've finally got two minutes to myself and was able to post the new public build.

There are loads more scenes and art for your pleasure! Also, lots more events for when you go out in the dangerous world. There are still parts that are not done yet but they can be easily identified by the fact that clicking on them does noting, not even give you a little blurb. The link is updated in the OP.

Have fun!

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys!

I've finally got two minutes to myself and was able to post the new public build.

There are loads more scenes and art for your pleasure! Also, lots more events for when you go out in the dangerous world. There are still parts that are not done yet but they can be easily identified by the fact that clicking on them does noting, not even give you a little blurb. The link is updated in the OP.

Have fun!
It was a fun demo. Though I've identified a few things that I can only see as problems. Mostly these problems come from game balancing. Since stats are 1-10 and substats are 1-100, it's insanely hard to "train" at +5 per session. As for sexual acts, some of the content has super high requirements to get them to pass. If you'd like more detailed info, please let me know?

I did have fun playing though and I hope you keep up the good work!

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It was a fun demo. Though I've identified a few things that I can only see as problems. Mostly these problems come from game balancing. Since stats are 1-10 and substats are 1-100, it's insanely hard to "train" at +5 per session. As for sexual acts, some of the content has super high requirements to get them to pass. If you'd like more detailed info, please let me know?

I did have fun playing though and I hope you keep up the good work!
Glad you had fun with it!

In this months release to my patreon, I've revised the battle system to make it more balanced and fun. For this month's upcoming build, I'll do the same for the town side of the game. Your concerns are on my to-do list.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Glad you had fun with it!

In this months release to my patreon, I've revised the battle system to make it more balanced and fun. For this month's upcoming build, I'll do the same for the town side of the game. Your concerns are on my to-do list.
I actually don't have a problem with the Battle System from the current public release. I do agree though that training up by 5 points at a time is agonizingly slow if you don't get tons of money on sorties, which is very easy to do as the battles aren't hard as long as your scouts are the highest number in the sortie. Personally I do just fine with having equal infantry and archers, scouts one higher than infantry, and cavalry one below archers.

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I actually don't have a problem with the Battle System from the current public release. I do agree though that training up by 5 points at a time is agonizingly slow if you don't get tons of money on sorties, which is very easy to do as the battles aren't hard as long as your scouts are the highest number in the sortie. Personally I do just fine with having equal infantry and archers, scouts one higher than infantry, and cavalry one below archers.
Happy you're having fun! I do enjoy that different people use different army formations.

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Great, loved the dryad and the ghost events... and more, the black panties of vanora, need to see a sex scene =).Keep with the good work i got a lot of hopes on your game, its fun and have an erotic way to fuck vanora that i like a lot.

PD: Sorry for my shitty english

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great, loved the dryad and the ghost events... and more, the black panties of vanora, need to see a sex scene =).Keep with the good work i got a lot of hopes on your game, its fun and have an erotic way to fuck vanora that i like a lot.

PD: Sorry for my shitty english
Hehe. A fan of monster scenes, I see. There will be more in the future so look forward to it.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It might also be nice to have a scene recollection room to replay scenes you've seen before. After you pass the stat requirements, it always switches to a more lewd version of the scene, but it would be fun to replay some of the other versions as well.

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

+ to that , a gallery will be so good

PD: Sorry for my bad english

OP
pyorgara

pyorgara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It might also be nice to have a scene recollection room to replay scenes you've seen before. After you pass the stat requirements, it always switches to a more lewd version of the scene, but it would be fun to replay some of the other versions as well.
Ah yes. That is in the plans but I am developing more content before getting on it.

chrisx

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I like the battle system for this game.
I like the fact that you keep the descriptions short so you don;t have to scroll through like in CtP.
Suggestions
Make a no share the woman route, so you don't need to share with other people. That was something was lacking in CTP i think the fact you were sharing the woman with everyone with no real consequence.

Maybe make a route of valnora gets captured by one of the monsters in the tier 3 area and if not rescued in time via battle turned to the enemies side and then you have to fight her in to capture and uncorrupt or train her again. Could be entertaining.
best idea yet :D ^^ (just found this thread, so only up to this post :p) i was thinking at the least he could make/hopefully he made when i reduce her training and roll enough that when she loses she gets fucked by a group of the enemy troops, and mayb better explanation and scenario of "uncorrupting" her would b "monster corruption" and "payton corruption" u retrain/help her remember what side shes on or who she is like alignment to which side, mayb her payton training lies dormant till shes back on ur side while her monster corruption (which gives me another idea) monster corruption could b like monster venom/infection, could affect her mind and u have to cure her then retrain her, ik this would b alot and ur trying not to get carried away but u could make a 2.0 version with all the extra stuff, mayb same for "corrupting priestess" a 2.0+ bonus version for all the ideas u left out of 1.0, u could put how much time u wish to this, after all it is ur time but this way u choose how lil or how much time u put to this per day and week and we ur fans and patrons get our wish eventually, win win and likely more fans and more patrons since ull b putting in most ppls ideas in 2.0+ short of nvr ending ofc ;D ^^ instead of nvr lose lose D': T_T

chrisx

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ah yes. That is in the plans but I am developing more content before getting on it.
ya the 1 thing i hate that i see almost as much as a gallery/recollection, 60 gallery 40 nothing :( especially when u miss a scene getting the stats higher than required, should automatically b unlocked after that, even with galleries similar scenarios leave those scenes locked >_< T_T

chrisx

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Happy you're having fun! I do enjoy that different people use different army formations.
fyi i do 6 scouts 2 cavalry 1 archers and troops, and i like the war system so far too, havent tried everything out yet :) im still starting off, just done my 10th sortie, gotten pretty rich with a total of mayb 30k+, b4 giving 60% to troops and slowly training myself, and just now tried stopping vanoras training after 2 or 3 sorties, and was like ooooh thats how i can get her to eventually lose to enemies (since i new that was likely inevitable since u can challange them with either vanora or payton) :) :p also forgot to mention in my other post should have something similar with payton if he loses, tho mostly just to harpies and other girls. :) unless ur fine with trap/gay which this being mainly bout vanora i would guess ud prefer not to at least mayb without a big enough incentive milestone thru patreon (my preference fyi is im 100% hetero, but i dont look down on or w/e any content i dont like, some fans like different stuff than i do, we're all different ppl so every1 likes something different) :p lol

Last edited: