What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I asked the dev on twitter about the censorship on Dlsite, they said that it isn't changed from the Japanese version, he also said that a release on a platform other than dlsite is undecided.

Personally although i'd like to see SA on Steam, it might be difficult to do it. One of the things Steam pays most attention to when talking about H-games on their platform is that the setting is not a school or a high school specifically, this is because in a high school, most of the students are underaged. Even though all of the characters are literally completely fictional and can be whatever age you say they are, there are certain governments that criminalize possession of content deemed to be underaged. Since Steam has it's platform in almost every country, this can be a real issue for them so they tend to not approve anything that is a clear indication that the characters are or could be underaged.

I wouldn't bother changing the translation either, the first thing the playtester is going to see is 'school'.

The censored version may be the only one we ever see.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I asked the dev on twitter about the censorship on Dlsite, they said that it isn't changed from the Japanese version, he also said that a release on a platform other than dlsite is undecided.

Personally although i'd like to see SA on Steam, it might be difficult to do it. One of the things Steam pays most attention to when talking about H-games on their platform is that the setting is not a school or a high school specifically, this is because in a high school, most of the students are underaged. Even though all of the characters are literally completely fictional and can be whatever age you say they are, there are certain governments that criminalize possession of content deemed to be underaged. Since Steam has it's platform in almost every country, this can be a real issue for them so they tend to not approve anything that is a clear indication that the characters are or could be underaged.

I wouldn't bother changing the translation either, the first thing the playtester is going to see is 'school'.

The censored version may be the only one we ever see.

there some work in school setting among KG's on Steam, they just removed the H from the steam platform... and they officiallly put up the link to the resotration patch in the game steam forum's.... So it's not a complete no for this setting.... It depend on what's hapenning and what's in the Steam official package.

But I doubt many dev will put the effort of making an all age version and an adult patch just for steam.

Plus, other than dlsite can be other platform than Steam (JAST, Fakku, Nutaku, denpasoft, mangagamer....).

anonacc

Lurker
Reputation score
Looks like the English vers on DLsite is going to release Feb 12! It's been on my list for a while but I never got around to it. Tbh I kinda consider myself lucky since now I can get the full experience all at once.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Dev said on twitter that you'll have to pay full price for the English version even if you bought the Japanese version. I sort of expected this, after all the objective is to make money, especially when you pay for a translation. That said, i probably won't be buying this version because it contains the same censorship as the the Japanese version and we already have a pretty good translation from SNStep.

I'll support the dev in all his future endeavors but this whole pay twice for the same game model is really annoying. I would be willing to pay 25-30 dollars for the game again IF it didn't have censorship, but it does. I like the Dev's work but i don't like it enough to pay nearly 60 dollars for the same game twice, release the ENG version at the same time as the Japanese version and i'll buy that instead, or for the love of god put it on a website where you don't have to censor your work.

Oskar1899

Reputation score
Dev said on twitter that you'll have to pay full price for the English version even if you bought the Japanese version. I sort of expected this, after all the objective is to make money, especially when you pay for a translation. That said, i probably won't be buying this version because it contains the same censorship as the the Japanese version and we already have a pretty good translation from SNStep.

I'll support the dev in all his future endeavors but this whole pay twice for the same game model is really annoying. I would be willing to pay 25-30 dollars for the game again IF it didn't have censorship, but it does. I like the Dev's work but i don't like it enough to pay nearly 60 dollars for the same game twice, release the ENG version at the same time as the Japanese version and i'll buy that instead, or for the love of god put it on a website where you don't have to censor your work.
I'm in the same boat, I would even prefer a dlc type sale for us jp buyers for a lower price since we already paid and played the original. Real excited for his other works and will definitely be getting those as well. Also, hope SNStep is included in the other works from the beginning so we can start seeing some english versions released sooner.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
I see this as an opportunity not only to buy the game translated, but more importantly to buy the precedent of legitimizing early and skilled translations as well as the extra cost, blood, and tears they require to happen. Showing there is a generous group of willing and more importantly, ethical consumers, may help motivate creators to navigate the many strains of putting a product up internationally and translating them. If we short-change the author by only buying once, that will show in decreased sales, demonstrate more loss to piracy, and may thereby engender more gaijin resentment by creators. The last thing any of us want is to justify the prejudices of creators like Knights of Asgar (ROBF). And while that is the exception, I anticipate many creators don't make translations simply because they are unsure of the payoff and whether the spirit of their creation will be respected.

SNStep

Reputation score
That said, i probably won't be buying this version because it contains the same censorship as the the Japanese version and we already have a pretty good translation from SNStep.
FWIW, I feel like any censorship is barely notable, and if I'm allowed to brag a little bit, I think the revised translation is quite improved on the previous patches I did. I do get not wanting to pay full price for it again, but to just take a fan-perspective at it personally, I feel like the support is warranted.

And from the translating perspective, I admit I hope people will support it because even if the genre is a bit...niche, and very different from anything I'd done before, it was fun, challenging, and I'm proud of how it turned out, and hope, like Civilincubus mentioned, that both fans and the original creator will feel like that effort was worth it. So there, too, I sympathize, but I also hope that people are willing to help SQDT feel like taking a chance on this paid off.

Also, hope SNStep is included in the other works from the beginning so we can start seeing some english versions released sooner.
Time will tell, but I do too. Go figure. 😅

ARandomKid

Reputation score
This is the first hentai game I've ever considered actually buying and it is mainly due to wanting to support the developers not only recognizing a good translation but then choosing to put thought, time, and effort into officially polishing it even further.

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'll think about buying it. Honestly the only reason i wouldn't buy it against on DLsite is because its censored, if it gets put up anywhere else uncensored i'm absolutely certainly going to buy it again, so if i bought it now i'd have to buy it three times.

I understand that its very easy to get approval from DLsite, particularly when its the exact same game as one that already exists on the website, but i'd really like for the dev to explore other options first, especially Steam where i know it would sell better than on Dlsite, at least in English.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
especially Steam where i know it would sell better than on Dlsite, at least in English.
Sure. But we're talking a game where the very first scene is the murder of a 16 years-old (age for argument's sake). And 80% of the gameplay is leading other underage virgins to their early death. By snu-snu.
I doubt Steam will approve, no matter how much money they would definitely make out of this. The other suggested platforms might be viable.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Sure. But we're talking a game where the very first scene is the murder of a 16 years-old (age for argument's sake). And 80% of the gameplay is leading other underage virgins to their early death. By snu-snu.
I doubt Steam will approve, no matter how much money they would definitely make out of this. The other suggested platforms might be viable.
You know, when you put it that way, the game sounds pretty grim.

Kaerdron

Reputation score
You know, when you put it that way, the game sounds pretty grim.
It IS pretty grim, I mean on surface level it's about the last standing virgins in a school sacrificing themselves to a bunch of marauding succubi before their presence corrupt reality too much, all of which are aware how the last of their fellow died.

Also, kudos to the devs to actually integrate a translation and kudos to SNStep for the work and the recognition.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
It IS pretty grim, I mean on surface level it's about the last standing virgins in a school sacrificing themselves to a bunch of marauding succubi before their presence corrupt reality too much, all of which are aware how the last of their fellow died.

Also, kudos to the devs to actually integrate a translation and kudos to SNStep for the work and the recognition.
The non-surface level stuff at the end just feels like a post-hoc justification to not make players absolutely despise the "heroines." And it doesn't work.

That being said isn't Postal on Steam? The original game had the player shoot up a school.

It's just steam being too puritan with sexual content... which I can kinda understand since payment processors force so many companies hands. Especially since people who consume adult media tend to ask for refunds after post-nut clarity. Like... "why did I spend $20 on cumguzzlers 2!"

Steam's dominance of the PC gaming market is both a blessing and a curse, I tell ya.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Asi i said before, Steam has a bunch of Parameter that it refuses to publish. When the setting is a school and the people are wearing school uniforms, its a pretty obvious indication that they are students, most of which are under age, once probability is determined that they are indeed likely underaged, a whole lot of legality questions come into play. The US and Japan may not have strict enforcement for this kind thing but a whole lot of other countries do and they will *NOT* host content that is legally questionable, thats why there have such an issue with the anime artstyle in particular, it all comes from a place where the age of the character is anyone's guess.

Frankly i think the whole thing is ridiculous, afterall these are fictional characters who can be whatever you want them to be or whatever you say they are.

The non-surface level stuff at the end just feels like a post-hoc justification to not make players absolutely despise the "heroines." And it doesn't work.
Like i said before, Succubi in some settings aren't women cosplaying as demons, they are actual demons who think of humans are their prey, this kind of setting isn't for everyone, particularly those who want a hot succubus girlfriend who won't ruthlessly devour them for her sadistic pleasure alone, but for those of us that get off to that kind of thing, Succubus Academia does it perfectly.

This game sets the bar for horror and erotica fusion. Zell and Ansala should take note.

ARandomKid

Reputation score
Worst translation ever, literally unplayable, etc.

But for real, seriously awesome this is finally out.

Last edited:

SNStep

Reputation score
Like i said before, Succubi in some settings aren't women cosplaying as demons, they are actual demons who think of humans are their prey, this kind of setting isn't for everyone, particularly those who want a hot succubus girlfriend who won't ruthlessly devour them for her sadistic pleasure alone, but for those of us that get off to that kind of thing, Succubus Academia does it perfectly.
To me, it's got even broader appeal than that, because of much it permeates the atmosphere of the game, too, making it sort of creepy and mysterious; I'm the sort that both likes and needs an interesting story holding everything together. But that also just makes the characters themselves more appealing (and not just in the definition of "appealing" that you'd normally use to describe H-game characters) from my perspective.

Worst translation ever, literally unplayable, etc.
I'll, uh, just be committing ritual suicide in shame over in the corner, there...

KarinP

Reputation score
The developer said that the Pixie-insertmod and Phantom-insert mod has been translated by J.L and they don't have any plan to translate the mod itself. So, where do I find the translated mod?

SNStep

Reputation score
The developer said that the Pixie-insertmod and Phantom-insert mod has been translated by J.L and they don't have any plan to translate the mod itself. So, where do I find the translated mod?
I submitted the two official mods to SQDT with the rest of the translation (J.L. is also me). I haven't been told anything about what/how the plans for releasing those are and haven't seen anything from them about it either. If SQDTT has no plans to put it on their site it should be okay for me to post 'em here, since I had permission to do them in the first place. If you don't mind giving me the source for that, I'll go ahead and put 'em up now; otherwise, I want to give SQDT a little more time to do it, just in case.

ARandomKid

Reputation score
I submitted the two official mods to SQDT with the rest of the translation (J.L. is also me). I haven't been told anything about what/how the plans for releasing those are and haven't seen anything from them about it either. If SQDTT has no plans to put it on their site it should be okay for me to post 'em here, since I had permission to do them in the first place. If you don't mind giving me the source for that, I'll go ahead and put 'em up now; otherwise, I want to give SQDT a little more time to do it, just in case.
It's a message in their english-discussion Discord channel, no word on when but they claimed they'd post them to the mods section it sounds like? I doubt there'd be any issue with you also doing it here if that's the case.

sqdtdiscord.png