What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The Dev disappeared and the translation cannot continue until other portions are finished. The last thing the dev said was that he was dealing with private business, this was at the end of December and he hasn't been around since then. Best guess is that hes still tied up with that and until he gets back the translation is likely on pause. Keep in mind that this dev had a 15 year hiatus between the release of Succubus Quest and Succubus Academia, so making H-games is likely just his hobby/side gig.

NoVacK

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
Guys please help find latest en version, thanks a lot in advance

Civilincubus

Reputation score
The Dev disappeared and the translation cannot continue until other portions are finished. The last thing the dev said was that he was dealing with private business, this was at the end of December and he hasn't been around since then. Best guess is that hes still tied up with that and until he gets back the translation is likely on pause. Keep in mind that this dev had a 15 year hiatus between the release of Succubus Quest and Succubus Academia, so making H-games is likely just his hobby/side gig.
Without ill intent, he strikes me as someone who might be gifted and cursed by a bipolar disorder or some kind of substance induced mania. The high creativity, periods of seemingly grandiose thinking/advertising, temporary burn-out level hard work, the breaks, and the family problems might fit. Then again, maybe not, whatever the case, hopefully he is alright and can finish the last leg of the game's journey soon.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Without ill intent, he strikes me as someone who might be gifted and cursed by a bipolar disorder or some kind of substance induced mania. The high creativity, periods of seemingly grandiose thinking/advertising, temporary burn-out level hard work, the breaks, and the family problems might fit. Then again, maybe not, whatever the case, hopefully he is alright and can finish the last leg of the game's journey soon.
Interesting theory, i know that he did work professionally prior to the release of Succubus Academia and it took years for him to put it all together, but he said he might quit his job ands make H-games full time due to how successful it was. Based on the pictures he puts on twitter he does seem rather affluent, i don't know how many H-devs have the resources or know-how to put an animated billboard advertisement up in one of Tokyo's most popular shopping districts like he did.

Suffice it to say the real reasons he is busy are unknown to us, he did warn us in late December that he would be gone throughout most of January, only to very recently return on March 8th and tell everyone he is alive with no further update. Making these games is a side-hobby for him i would guess, and although we would all love to just quit our day job and do what we love, extremely talented and passionate people like this tend to be a rather important asset for other, external endeavors that pay a lot more. The good news is that the English version of SA append can finally proceed, the bad news is that we might be waiting several years before his next project is ready.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Interesting theory, i know that he did work professionally prior to the release of Succubus Academia and it took years for him to put it all together, but he said he might quit his job ands make H-games full time due to how successful it was. Based on the pictures he puts on twitter he does seem rather affluent, i don't know how many H-devs have the resources or know-how to put an animated billboard advertisement up in one of Tokyo's most popular shopping districts like he did.

Suffice it to say the real reasons he is busy are unknown to us, he did warn us in late December that he would be gone throughout most of January, only to very recently return on March 8th and tell everyone he is alive with no further update. Making these games is a side-hobby for him i would guess, and although we would all love to just quit our day job and do what we love, extremely talented and passionate people like this tend to be a rather important asset for other, external endeavors that pay a lot more. The good news is that the English version of SA append can finally proceed, the bad news is that we might be waiting several years before his next project is ready.
Even though both could be true at the same time, I'd trust your theory more than my hypothesis as I'm just making inferences. Regardless, thank you for bringing his game to life for those of us with more limited language.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Oh, im not the translator, thats SNStep, i'm just a guy who follows the dev on Twitter lol.

CRIT MAGNET

Lurker
Reputation score
I was impatient and tried to launch it. So I put it in my folder and tried to run it but it's failing to load sound every 2 seconds. I don't have the issue with the original game and the "patch" didn't change anything in the audio path so I'm kind of confused. I only have the English version of it (the official one from DLsite) so maybe you can only apply the DLC on the JP version?
Feels bad :'(

If anybody has a simple solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

SNStep

Reputation score
I was impatient and tried to launch it. So I put it in my folder and tried to run it but it's failing to load sound every 2 seconds. I don't have the issue with the original game and the "patch" didn't change anything in the audio path so I'm kind of confused. I only have the English version of it (the official one from DLsite) so maybe you can only apply the DLC on the JP version?
Feels bad :'(
I don't really understand the specifics of how it works, but to my understanding, it's based on the encryption method that RPGMaker uses. It's based on the game system file, or such, so since the English and Japanese versions have different files, it can't decrypt the files for use when playing the game. I believe that if one were to use a utility to de-encrypt everything from both versions, it'd work properly, however, bear in mind that using the Japanese expansion pack with the English version will revert a significant portion (maybe even most...maybe even all...) of the content to Japanese. FWIW, the English project for the expansion pack is still in the works. Still can't give timeframes, or anything, but it hasn't been dropped.

CRIT MAGNET

Lurker
Reputation score
Ok I guess I will have to learn patience on that one! Thank you very much for your insight and for working on the translation!

Zdk15

Reputation score
I don't really understand the specifics of how it works, but to my understanding, it's based on the encryption method that RPGMaker uses. It's based on the game system file, or such, so since the English and Japanese versions have different files, it can't decrypt the files for use when playing the game. I believe that if one were to use a utility to de-encrypt everything from both versions, it'd work properly, however, bear in mind that using the Japanese expansion pack with the English version will revert a significant portion (maybe even most...maybe even all...) of the content to Japanese. FWIW, the English project for the expansion pack is still in the works. Still can't give timeframes, or anything, but it hasn't been dropped.
That's great news! (That it's still in the works) Can't wait to buy it, thanks for the hard work and status updates

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
that good news for people who bought the eng ver of the game i bought the jap ver.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Do we know if the EN version is compatible with mods and how to install them should they require finesse? Bit afraid of corrupting the game.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Do we know if the EN version is compatible with mods and how to install them should they require finesse? Bit afraid of corrupting the game.
if your afraid of corrupting why not copy and past the game so you have 2 game folders then try that what i do when i add anything to rpg maker games

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
i've installed the new enlgish copy and i know i installed it perfectly because there new slots opened up in the gallery but then i remembered i'm also too incompetent to figure out how to get to the additional content i purchased. I think you have to restart the game? I don't really want to do that is there another way to progress the story to get the DLC?

Vinum sama

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
Share the love and we'll help you out.

SNStep

Reputation score
The mods supported by this game are pretty much plug-and-play, and only make changes to dialogue/attack patterns in encounters, or add new encounters specific to a mod-encounters menu, more or less, in the memory room. Unless you're going really off the reservation to find something strange, the worst a mod will do is crash when you use it, and it that case you can just remove it. It should not be possible for a mod to corrupt the rest of the game.

i've installed the new enlgish copy and i know i installed it perfectly because there new slots opened up in the gallery but then i remembered i'm also too incompetent to figure out how to get to the additional content i purchased. I think you have to restart the game? I don't really want to do that is there another way to progress the story to get the DLC?
After you defeat your 2nd required story boss, or from the very beginning if you're in a NG+ run, you'll see a Torii gate in the Clubhouse Village, east of the Guidance Consoler's Office, with a white-haired boy passed out in front of it. Talk to him, and a portal will appear under the gate. Go through that to start the DLC story.