What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Great expansion and def worth it if you like SA, my only complaint is that the mosaic is really overt on a few of the girls, far worse than anything in the original SA but thats what you get sometimes when DLsite requires censorship to be posted on their platform. I tried to install a few of the mods with mixed results, some of them worked fine and others crashed the game (this happened when activating the mod from the recollection room/basement), i did all this prior to playing the main game and it didn't effect the game at all.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
so i have to ask is it better to do one zone at a time or go into all the zones you can with your first character then go fight the first boss? i know each boss has a character you need to fight with but does using other character to do the zones befor the boss do anything does it effect the story in anyway?

Narul

Reputation score
Just found out the expansion came out recently! As a huge fan of SA this new content is amazing! The wait was definitely worth it, in my opinion!

SNStep

Reputation score
so i have to ask is it better to do one zone at a time or go into all the zones you can with your first character then go fight the first boss? i know each boss has a character you need to fight with but does using other character to do the zones befor the boss do anything does it effect the story in anyway?
It doesn't make a whole lot of difference, although there's one area (Death Valley), where playing as the right protagonist for its boss also makes the traversal a little easier. It's also worth noting that you can only access three of the five areas at first anyway. Typically, a fourth opens up after the first story boss, and a fifth after the second, though if you pick the "right" protagonist as your second to use, you'll get 4 and 5 right away after the first story boss too.

On NG+ when I have most stuff unlocked, I usually just clear the areas right away and then go back for the bosses. It feels a little more efficient, at least.

Oskar1899

Reputation score
Hey SNStep, what are your thoughts on translating the many mods posted on the discord? Besides the already english ones of course.

SNStep

Reputation score
Hey SNStep, what are your thoughts on translating the many mods posted on the discord? Besides the already english ones of course.
I've done a few and wouldn't be opposed to doing more. Actually, I'd sorta been meaning to do the official one for the expansion to go along with it, but real life stuff kinda started hitting me hard shortly before the release of it and it kinda dropped out of my mind. I'd be willing to do others as well, time-permitting, but don't tend to go straight for them most of the time. I had started working on the Kunoichi one as a side project while the official release was being put together, too, but for some reason it does not play nicely with the translated version and I had to start rebuilding it from the ground up to make it work. So again, sorta interference. That said, do you have one or another you'd particularly like to see done? Because I'd be willing to give it a try, time-permitting.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have 25 photos which should be all of them, but my character index and album are at 98% and 97%, what's missing?

EDIT: There's a hidden hot spring at the autumn area, but it gets locked out if you progress too far into the DLC. Unrelated to the missing index and photo though.

Last edited:

SNStep

Reputation score
I have 25 photos which should be all of them, but my character index and album are at 98% and 97%, what's missing?
The album count is, to my knowledge, a glitch with the reporting. As long as you take one of all the expansion photos, you should get the trophy for having them all, even if the album is not full. In fact, you only need 24 for it (the initial encounter with Tsugumi doesn't have a specific photo, since you don't have access to Thoutography at that point).
The character profile one, on the other hand, is a flat out bug. You're supposed to get an initial and "true" profile for one of the expansion characters, but it wasn't getting added in the English version. I put together a fix for that one, I'll go ahead and attach that here (I was trying to also see about fixing the NG+ error that some people are getting and put 'em all together, but I'll go ahead and just attach the quickfix for the character profiles).

To use the fix, just unzip the attachment and overwrite the file that's currently in the game, Map008.json, which is in the game's www/data folder. You'll automatically get the missing profile by entering the Clubhouse Village (or just by loading a save that's already there), though you need to be on a run of the game where you've finished the expansion (i.e., not NG+, with the expansion incomplete). The file also includes a folder labeled "USE ONLY IF NECESSARY" folder, which will fix the bug if you are post-true-ending boss and locked in the basement. Same thing, just copy/overwrite Map063 from that into the www/data folder, but as the title suggests, it's a little more of an improvised fix, so use it only if you're already stuck.

Also, for a bit of fun, looks like SQDT's working on a follow-up. "Succubus Olympia". There are a couple preview images on their Twitter and more info coming on Ci-en tomorrow, it seems.

EDIT: There's a hidden hot spring at the autumn area, but it gets locked out if you progress too far into the DLC. Unrelated to the missing index and photo though.
It's needed for the "hidden" Remote Dating achievement, though.

Attachments

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I think it's more of a joke pic, Mayu the athletic Rabbit succubus girl won a popularity poll so I think the picture was to congratulate her, and maybe include her in their next H game as well. I'm glad she somehow managed to beat all the thicc chicks in the series. I was sure that fox chick woulda won.

EDIT: Never mind, the game is real.

Last edited:

SNStep

Reputation score
Never mind, the game is real.
Yep.

Basic summary, Succubus Olympia, which will be a Unity-engine game where you play a track coach trying to train your Succubi to win the big track meet in the Land of Night. Mayu will be reappearing as one of the track team members and there will at least a couple other fairy-tale-based characters on the team as well (the Country Mouse, from The Country Mouse and the City Mouse, as well as Cinderella, as a cheerleader). Japanese version is due out in Spring 2024. (Yes, SQDT has already talked to me about doing an English version. No, I can't/won't say anything besides that for now, especially given the stumbles hit with the SA expansion.)

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Unity is a better engine than RPGmaker, i'm not entirely certain but i believe it is either easier to translate games with unity or unity itself has integrated auto-translator ability. Even though i am sure you don't to impose upon the dev, it would be better for everyone if the game had a full translation in place prior to the Japanese release, a great many Unity-based games released on Dlsite already do this lately despite the quality of the translation being poor, but these are games i am personally more likely to purchase.

As an aside, I don't believe Mtool is compatible with Unity at all, therefore locking out people who'd possible play the japanese version via that route.

SNStep

Reputation score
Unity is a better engine than RPGmaker, i'm not entirely certain but i believe it is either easier to translate games with unity or unity itself has integrated auto-translator ability. Even though i am sure you don't to impose upon the dev, it would be better for everyone if the game had a full translation in place prior to the Japanese release, a great many Unity-based games released on Dlsite already do this lately despite the quality of the translation being poor, but these are games i am personally more likely to purchase.
This is good to know. I have exactly ZERO experience with Unity whereas I've dabbled with RPGMaker for more than 20 years at this point, so RPGM feels less intimidating (and I've not had any luck finding ways to fan-translate stuff in Unity, when I've dabbled in researching that) but have generally heard that it's a better engine in general when looking at the creation process, so that might indeed streamline things. I'll take your suggestion under advisement and see if maybe we can look into starting translation work pre the Japanese release too this time, though I still likely won't be able to say much about ongoing work.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Yep.

Basic summary, Succubus Olympia, which will be a Unity-engine game where you play a track coach trying to train your Succubi to win the big track meet in the Land of Night. Mayu will be reappearing as one of the track team members and there will at least a couple other fairy-tale-based characters on the team as well (the Country Mouse, from The Country Mouse and the City Mouse, as well as Cinderella, as a cheerleader). Japanese version is due out in Spring 2024. (Yes, SQDT has already talked to me about doing an English version. No, I can't/won't say anything besides that for now, especially given the stumbles hit with the SA expansion.)
Reminds me of that game from that NTR circle...
Vincent I think they're called. They mostly do NTR but mistag their works I learned. Made the mistake of getting a few of their works.

Same exact premise, except you only train one girl.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
This is good to know. I have exactly ZERO experience with Unity whereas I've dabbled with RPGMaker for more than 20 years at this point, so RPGM feels less intimidating (and I've not had any luck finding ways to fan-translate stuff in Unity, when I've dabbled in researching that) but have generally heard that it's a better engine in general when looking at the creation process, so that might indeed streamline things. I'll take your suggestion under advisement and see if maybe we can look into starting translation work pre the Japanese release too this time, though I still likely won't be able to say much about ongoing work.
Yes Unity is the better engine assuming you know what you are doing with it. I don't know alot about programming personally but all the devs i've heard talk about it say that it is better all around. Zell of 'Fobs' and 'Succubus Affection' fame decided awhile ago to move on from RPGmaker to Unity, importing his entire game over to that platform instead because of the limitations of the other one, obviously RPGmaker MV is far better than prior versions but Unity is even better than that. It really depends on the type of game you want to make, but theres no reason you couldn't make exactly the same game in Unity as you wanted to in RPGmaker MV and be far less restricted at the same time. Furthermore, Unity is under constantly development by devs in this space. Estra's Labyrinth is being developed in unity and i swear the dev is having more fun making engine mods in that game than the game itself.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Yep.

Ugh, Unity means it'll be more annoying to translate with tools as well as cheat so I hope you do.

SNStep

Reputation score
There are a few bugs, people have been running into, including one that was particularly problematic, locking people out of NG+. In case anyone around here has been having issues, I have fixed them and posted them to the SA mod wiki Just to make things easy, I'll be attaching the fix to this post as well.

The three fixed bugs are:
  1. The game no longer crashes when attempting to start New Game+ from the Time-Frozen Basement after the True Ending. If you enter the basement fresh from the true end final boss, you will not need to do anything. However, if you load a save directly into the basement, you will need to "leave" by viewing the cutscenes in any of the side rooms and then return.
  2. It should now be possible to return to the basement from all of the viewable scenes for the expansion. You can no longer lock yourself out.
  3. Tsumugi's second character profile will now be properly added to the gallery. If the expansion is finished normally, this will be automatic. If you have already played it, you will need to enter (or leave/re-enter) the Clubhouse Village to make it appear. If you are already in the basement after the true ending, it should also be possible to obtain it through the same method mentioned in #1
To install the fixes, simply copy the data from the zip file to the www/data folder for the game and overwrite anything there.

Attachments

Oskar1899

Reputation score
I've done a few and wouldn't be opposed to doing more. Actually, I'd sorta been meaning to do the official one for the expansion to go along with it, but real life stuff kinda started hitting me hard shortly before the release of it and it kinda dropped out of my mind. I'd be willing to do others as well, time-permitting, but don't tend to go straight for them most of the time. I had started working on the Kunoichi one as a side project while the official release was being put together, too, but for some reason it does not play nicely with the translated version and I had to start rebuilding it from the ground up to make it work. So again, sorta interference. That said, do you have one or another you'd particularly like to see done? Because I'd be willing to give it a try, time-permitting.
As far as which one, I don't have a preferance. I;m still enjoying the game itself right now so feel free to take your time :)

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
So I'm having a problem. I had uninstalled the game prior to the expansion release, thus losing all my saves. So with the expansion now released I've since reinstalled the game, and attempting to save a little time I've tried using a save provided by someone on page 30 of this thread. Ever since, I've been getting the following error when I get to the Clubhouse Village:

1689344784342.png

I can dismiss the error, but it just pops back up every few seconds. Also, attempting to go to another screen just freezes the game.

I thought attempting to use the save might be the cause, so I've since deleted all the save files from the game folder to have it generate new ones, but the problem only returns as soon as I get back to the clubhouse village.

Is this going to take a fresh reinstall to fix? Can I not import saves without breaking the game? Any help would be appreciated.

SNStep

Reputation score
Is this going to take a fresh reinstall to fix? Can I not import saves without breaking the game? Any help would be appreciated.
The most simple cause of that error may be due to a file or files from the expansion being in the wrong folder. Check for the folder "www/img/pictures/" as the error message notes, and make sure that the file "Face_Hero2_N" is in it. If there isn't, my guess is that you have a www/www folder, and the new files were put in there by accident, or something very similar.

The other common cause of that particular error stems from trying to combine the Japanese version of the base game with the English version of the expansion, or vice-versa. I don't entirely get it, but it has to do with how RPGMaker encodes the files. You can try to use a utility like undeploy the project, and try to run it again without any of the encoded files present.