What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The need for a 'true end' in general is bullshit unless you subscribe to the creator's favorite boner anyway, it could still be an end, just as any other way with the right writing pretense. Their vision aside you should be content stopping at whatever ending you'd like to be fulfilled in, it's all just a novel for your consumption at the end of the day. That being said, I think the true end for this game fits nicely
considering what the reaper did to 'save' you reminds me of the hypocratic oath and euphanasia, I could dig it. I don't see why she would be so dedicated to this over so long a period, I would imagine any sense of duty would erode over such a length. Either way, a not-so-happy happy end is better then a typical vanilla ending if you ask me. Coulda been worse.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Does the lion care about the suffering of it's prey? No.

Succubi are demons, they are inherently evil creatures who enjoy the suffering of their prey, they are the nemesis of human males and are equipped specifically to eat them. Like the fly and the Venus flytrap. If you wanted a game where the man and woman love each other, this isn't the game for you, this game is for people who want to roleplay as dudes who are hunted and eaten by Succubi.

arkanoid23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alright. Your rambunctious rowdy diatribes do require a counterpoint by now. Indeed the game does have a cat-woman eating people and multiple bird-women tossing people off a bridge for fun (and all the countless other gratuitous deaths), which are a clear cut display of sociopathy, lack of morality and complete disregard for sanctity of human life. But your absolutely blind hatred of this magnificent piece of art shows that you just didn't get the underlying motif for all those scenes. You keep talking about murder hobos this murder hobos that, none of them are likeable all of them are pure evil... But you just fail to see the ultimate reason behind this meticulously calculated design decision. Which is that the author tried to make the most realistic and accurate depiction of an average human woman's character and attitude towards men to date. Just by this token the game is groundbreaking, as it defies all common and deeply rooted tropes present in other eroge and anime. It is time to enter a new era! Down with lovable waifus that don't exist. It is time to depict the modern paragdim of male/female relations without the veil of social conventions. This game... This game has laid it all bare and you just failed to see it...

tired noir

Reputation score

Succubi are demons, they are inherently evil creatures who enjoy the suffering of their prey, they are the nemesis of human males and are equipped specifically to eat them. Like the fly and the Venus flytrap. If you wanted a game where the man and woman love each other, this isn't the game for you, this game is for people who want to roleplay as dudes who are hunted and eaten by Succubi.
Except the Lion doesn't toy with the prey, and doesn't adopt bleeding tactics, the Lion gives a quick swift death (most of the time) instead of letting the prey go thinking it can survive while bleeding to death with a big gash in its body, the analogy being bitches like the mermaids and undines who toy with you to savor your fear of drowning, the bitch harpies and that bridge scene, basically all 4 of the main succubus, with the cat being the worst followed closely by the grooming childhood friend one, ofc a game where every move was a instant kill move would be the worst kusoge ever, but the fear obey and heroism mechanics being nothing more than useless reactions of the virgins to try and survive just a bit longer while amusing the succubi until you become "good food" for them leaves a real sour taste in the mouth, especially the heroism which for all its worth, is just you being a complete failure then surrendering to them after all your weak attempts of resistence to run away or take the reins and die with dignity fail.
Also this game kinda is a kusoge with certain battles, the biggest offender being the yankee who after 50% gauge deals continuous 80%~100% damage to you even with the highest ep equips you can find

Alright. Your rambunctious rowdy diatribes do require a counterpoint by now. Indeed the game does have a cat-woman eating people and multiple bird-women tossing people off a bridge for fun (and all the countless other gratuitous deaths), which are a clear cut display of sociopathy, lack of morality and complete disregard for sanctity of human life. But your absolutely blind hatred of this magnificent piece of art shows that you just didn't get the underlying motif for all those scenes. You keep talking about murder hobos this murder hobos that, none of them are likeable all of them are pure evil... But you just fail to see the ultimate reason behind this meticulously calculated design decision. Which is that the author tried to make the most realistic and accurate depiction of an average human woman's character and attitude towards men to date. Just by this token the game is groundbreaking, as it defies all common and deeply rooted tropes present in other eroge and anime. It is time to enter a new era! Down with lovable waifus that don't exist. It is time to depict the modern paragdim of male/female relations without the veil of social conventions. This game... This game has laid it all bare and you just failed to see it...
IT WAS SOCIAL COMMENTARY ALL ALONG!!!
SHOOK

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Lower animals are not capable of complex thought. I'm confused as to why you would attempt to use them as an example. Unless you mean to say that succubi don't actually think but operate on instinct the way a lion would, their personalities being complex mimicry in an attempt to fool humans?
Use the edit button instead of double-posting.

tired noir

Reputation score
Lower animals are not capable of complex thought. I'm confused as to why you would attempt to use them as an example. Unless you mean to say that succubi don't actually think but operate on instinct the way a lion would, their personalities being complex mimicry in an attempt to fool humans?

Use the edit button instead of double-posting.
Considering how the man eating cat "thanks" the care the blond guy gave her with eating him alive because being her food = happiness, then proceeds to goad the other cats on evolving quickly into nekomata so they can also share their "thanks" to future people who will care for them....
The childhood friend grooming his victim until he's ripe and tasty enough for her to eat, and later implanting memories because she doesn't have time for this anymore in the refight so she grooms the last guy at lightspeed with hypnosis and brainwashing
The running girl being literally a vengeful hare from the kid story after losing to the turtle, killing all "turtles" for fun
The mermaid... i have nothing to say, she acted like a classical mermaid, but that sob story of hers moments before her favorite dies, that if things didn't happen like they did she would have a normal relationship with the guy yeahhh.. don't believe any of her lies
Yeah i believe this game succubus are sadistic instinct moved creatures who try to fool humans long enough before eating them to "fatten" their food just for the thrill of tasting the victim's pure fear of death and feelings of betrayal from their loved ones, with semen and energy being secondary at best.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Lower animals are not capable of complex thought
I beg to differ.
There's evidence that forum posters are actually sentient, rational beings... I mean, there has to be, right? :unsure:

Like, they use spoilers when they post walls of text or actual spoilers.

I've ranted enough myself about the content. Like most of us, I'm in for the actual quality of the game.
But sure, I'd love it if SQDT went back to their romantic roots next game.
And honestly, WE, the customers, are to blame for creating and feeding this heavy femdom-biased market. We reap what we sowed.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Maybe not all succubus were murderhobos and we have no way of knowing how the ones from his time were, since we've only seen Death's side of the history, but even then, in the very end from the way she speaks it's implied this isn't their first rodeo, and they've been doing it for god knows how long to the point she's tired/vengeful/romantic with extreme yandere tendencies for him, so her plan of salvation is literally fragmenting his soul, then sending them to die to succubus for ages because of his supposed karma, breaking them to the point it can't fight back anymore if you give meaning to the "stances" where even the hero path strongest move is surrendering, to finally at the very end give him the "salvation" she wants unilaterally, which just happens to be making you finish the job and disconnect from all other fragments by damaging them until they disperse before she does the same and the cycle repeats and everything restarts, so you drop from a conceptual existence to a mortal once again so she's able to finally kill you and "save you" in the most hypocrite romance scene that i've ever seen???? BULLSHIT
Also most of the normal succubus are cruel psychos they don't care about pleasure, they care about breaking the victim, it seems semen and energy is bland to them and only absolute fear makes it tasty considering how most of the deaths happen in the game (except the occult club, fuck those cunts they deserved it), the only exceptions to this rule are Est (with a grain of salt), Alma and Fulbeua, every other succubus could burn in the hero crusade and i wouldn't give shed a single tear
This is normal for succubi though?
Like 99% of succubi in monstergirl games are the worst.

In MGQ, the succubi give no shits about human life. The only one of the 4 heavenly knights that has 0 romantic relationships with the protagonist is the succubus knight, Alma Elma.
All of Libraheart (At least 7 titles) succubi are heartless monsters that give no shits about the various men and monsters they fuck.
Succubus Prison have succubi give no shits about human life, and no romantic designs.
Every Circle Teckua (At least 6 titles) game as well.
Hell even the Monster Girl Encyclopedia which has the most lovey dovey atmosphere with monsters say the succubi participate in gangbangs and kill men they don't like before they find the guy they eventually settle for.

Honestly, what bothers me about this game, is that they still attempt at romance? Like bitch get out of here with that. Cowards couldn't just make the girls straight up villains like Succubus Prison.

Succubi are almost never "heroines" and even rarer shown to care about anything besides lust.
This is a game that completely focuses on succubi so it's just becoming apparent to you, but succubi have always been like this. Seriously, think about any succubus heroine that you actually like. You won't find any.

Well... 62studio's games did kinda spoil us by hiding away the terrible nature of the succubi, but if you think about it even a little then the heroines in those game are pretty bad.

But you just fail to see the ultimate reason behind this meticulously calculated design decision. Which is that the author tried to make the most realistic and accurate depiction of an average human woman's character and attitude towards men to date. Just by this token the game is groundbreaking, as it defies all common and deeply rooted tropes present in other eroge and anime. It is time to enter a new era! Down with lovable waifus that don't exist. It is time to depict the modern paragdim of male/female relations without the veil of social conventions. This game... This game has laid it all bare and you just failed to see it...
Lol.
This has to be the most incel statement I've ever read.
God I hope you're not being unironic.

And honestly, WE, the customers, are to blame for creating and feeding this heavy femdom-biased market. We reap what we sowed.
Hunh? What's femdom got to do with any of this?
The market is biased towards femdom? Are you high?

Last edited:

SNStep

Reputation score
Considering how the man eating cat "thanks" the care the blond guy gave her with eating him alive because being her food = happiness, then proceeds to goad the other cats on evolving quickly into nekomata so they can also share their "thanks" to future people who will care for them....
That's kinda what I meant by "differently moral". Or am I the weird one in taking her as being sincere, in her own weird way (and looking at the others in a similar fashion)?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Twas not I, good sir. For my aversion to femdom is of the utmost extreme.

Seriously, I haven't even played any of the games on unsaid's list a couple posts above aside from libraheart's and honestly that's just cuz they had some yuri.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Twas not I, good sir. For my aversion to femdom is of the utmost extreme.

Seriously, I haven't even played any of the games on unsaid's list a couple posts above aside from libraheart's and honestly that's just cuz they had some yuri.
All of Libraheart is all maledom.
Not a cowgirl in sight.

Female MC and the MC is a succubus.
___
Also, Strange is in too deep in the bubble.
Honestly, if you just check the first 5 pages of this board, and go through the list of every game, the ratio of femdom to maledom games is most likely 1/6

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That's kinda what I meant by "differently moral". Or am I the weird one in taking her as being sincere, in her own weird way (and looking at the others in a similar fashion)?
Nope. That's called "consistence".
Your translation helps a whole bunch, as it clearly treats every girl as a specific individual, with a specific tone and choice of words.
That's extremely difficult to achieve (in/from/to any language including Japanese) per se, and most translators don't have the cojones to take strong decisions when giving speech/life to a character. Word-to-word translation can't come close.
Morals and personal opinions/ethics shouldn't ever matter, since you have to don each character's boots on anyway - hence adopting their values in the process. That's no small feat, but I can feel you do as I read through the truckloads of text :p

TL,DR: exemplary work, I'm flabbergasted.

tired noir

Reputation score
This is normal for succubi though?
Like 99% of succubi in monstergirl games are the worst.

In MGQ, the succubi give no shits about human life. The only one of the 4 heavenly knights that has 0 romantic relationships with the protagonist is the succubus knight, Alma Elma.
All of Libraheart (At least 7 titles) succubi are heartless monsters that give no shits about the various men and monsters they fuck.
Succubus Prison have succubi give no shits about human life, and no romantic designs.
Every Circle Teckua (At least 6 titles) game as well.
Hell even the Monster Girl Encyclopedia which has the most lovey dovey atmosphere with monsters say the succubi participate in gangbangs and kill men they don't like before they find the guy they eventually settle for.

Honestly, what bothers me about this game, is that they still attempt at romance? Like bitch get out of here with that. Cowards couldn't just make the girls straight up villains like Succubus Prison.

Succubi are almost never "heroines" and even rarer shown to care about anything besides lust.
This is a game that completely focuses on succubi so it's just becoming apparent to you, but succubi have always been like this. Seriously, think about any succubus heroine that you actually like. You won't find any.

Well... 62studio's games did kinda spoil us by hiding away the terrible nature of the succubi, but if you think about it even a little then the heroines in those game are pretty bad.

Lol.
This has to be the most incel statement I've ever read.
God I hope you're not being unironic.

Hunh? What's femdom got to do with any of this?
The market is biased towards femdom? Are you high?
MGQ: True in the og saga most really don't give a shit, and those who want coexistence want nothing more than a dairy farm of men, but both in the og saga and in paradox you don't see succubus murdering people while hurling insults and making them taste true terror with the expection of the lilith sisters in paradox and maybe all the ancestors in part 3, since they all are by Shiki and Shiki has a murder boner like no one else, most succubus at least make the victim go with respect or drain them just enough so they won't die then send the person away, knowing they will come back in the future for more. Alma is kinda 50/50 she's into her own world and her personality is closer to a MGE salamander only with sex, she's a battle junkie who doesn't care until Luka shows his worth, then she treats him as a friend and rival, and in paradox she even warns you that when she fights seriously its a deathmatch, so she asks you not to challenge her ever in that state, neither request for sex because both situations are taken as you wanting to see her serious self which ends in vore if you lose, but it was your fault for seeking it.

Libraheart games: yeah can't deny that, she even denied a dude who reached immortality just to be with her because she wants to fuck the world and not be with just one man, then killed him.

Succubus Prison: was the original "every succubus is a utter psychopathic sadistic bitch" game, tokinokogiri has a fetish for murder and the artists he brought to his game also have a fetish for it, so it was a unholy match made in hell, but for the longest time was one of the only examples of succubus being absolutely cruel from the get go, "you gonna die and won't serve even as an appetizer" kind of story

Circle Tekua: Only played lilith nightmare, succ tower 2 and succ tamer, from what i've seen they are killers but at least in that world people can defend against them, and the rules to get one off you are set in stone so humanity has a chance instead of everyone being cattle waiting for death, and even then you can "save" them from turning into complete monsters if the transformation was recent and they just turn into a random demi human who really really likes sex instead, heck you can even negotiate with pure born succubus and they will listen or even fall for you like Alma in the MGQ example if you prove yourself worthy.

MGE: Didn't read in in a long time but i agree succubus and especially Lliliths and lilims are uber alpha bitches in that world even if killing is forbidden, who cares when they can corrupt everyone and turn them into sex frenzied monsters who will attack normal humans right? Fuck you DRUELLA FUCK YOU

Last edited:

arkanoid23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This thread reminded me of an ancient Chinese folklore tale I heard once. There was a guy who woke up hungry in the middle of the night. He went to his kitchen but there was a blackout, so he couldn't turn the lights on to see what he was picking up. He opened up a bag of peanuts, however he was allergic to peanuts. But because it was too late and the bag was open, he couldn't let them go to waste. He ate the whole bag which made him feel itchy and then he turned bitchy and now he has to let everyone know he didn't like the peanuts.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Trying to imagine yourself dying and then an 'after' is one of the hardest things to do, just try it yourself. I don't blame people for trying every other possible alternative then to seek the ultimate end, no one wants to face the sweat violin. Also, we humans have been top of the food chain on this planet for so long we've developed a sense of protagonist syndrome, the universe revolves around us. It's hard to imagine a race of beings that are above to the extent we would be treated in the same way we treat zoo animals. Although I guess bestiality exists... Maybe this game is actually more degenerate in principle. Nah, too much philosophical rambling. I hope their next game is less grindy for the 'true end' content, was probably my only gripe with this game that I couldn't plow the succubus made by the artist Shiki right away after grinding enough power to beat her.

Also what's with the Red Queen?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
This thread reminded me of an ancient Chinese folklore tale I heard once. There was a guy who woke up hungry in the middle of the night. He went to his kitchen but there was a blackout, so he couldn't turn the lights on to see what he was picking up. He opened up a bag of peanuts, however he was allergic to peanuts. But because it was too late and the bag was open, he couldn't let them go to waste. He ate the whole bag which made him feel itchy and then he turned bitchy and now he has to let everyone know he didn't like the peanuts.
I would advise against continued attempts at antagonizing other users.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
MGQ: True in the og saga most really don't give a shit, and those who want coexistence want nothing more than a dairy farm of men, but both in the og saga and in paradox you don't see succubus murdering people while hurling insults and making them taste true terror, they at least make the victim go with respect. Alma is kinda 50/50 she's into her own world and her personality is closer to a MGE salamander only with sex, she's a battle junkie who doesn't care until Luka shows his worth, then she treats him as a friend and rival, and in paradox she even warns you that when she fights seriously its a deathmatch, so she asks you not to challenge her ever in that state, neither request for sex because both situations are taken as you wanting to see her serious self which ends in vore if you lose, but it was your fault for seeking it.
OG saga? Both OG and Paradox is like this.

Why are you trying to do a "but?" The characterization of the succubi is the exact same. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
For instance, Alma Elma is not a virgin. She shows up at the coliseum often to fight, and she has the best sexual skills of all the monsters. She knows exactly how to drain men to death. The game doesn't show it, but Alma's most likely fucked countless would-be heroes to death. Also Alma's not a battle junkie. She's just aloof.

Libraheart games: yeah can't deny that, she even denied a dude who reached immortality just to be with her because she wants to fuck the world and not be with just one man, then killed him.
All Libraheart games are unnecessarily depressing and contain 0 interesting/empathetic characters.
But they're maledom games, I don't have high expectations on the empathy front in maledom games.

Succubus Prison: was the original "every succubus is a utter psychopathic sadistic bitch" game, tokinokogiri has a fetish for murder and the artists he brought to his game also have a fetish for it, so it was a unholy match made in hell, but for the longest time was one of the only examples of succubus being absolutely cruel from the get go, "you gonna die and won't serve even as an appetizer" kind of story
No, it's just one of the first games that ONLY had succubus enemies.
They weren't cowards like SQDT though. The succubi in Succubus prison are never portrayed positively. As soon as a scene that shows a small sign of empathy happens the game then shows that same character fucking to death a random salaryman. They aren't heroines. They're the enemy.
One of the team members who worked on SQDT probably understood. An NPC calls out the characterization of the succubi, but they just couldn't stay consistent by trying to add hints of romance in this game by making all succubi have a pair that they had romantic attachments with (and romance dialogue) - before they consign them to oblivion of course.

Circle Tekua: Only played lilith nightmare, succ tower 2 and succ tamer, from what i've seen they are killers but at least in that world people can defend against them, and the rules to get one off you are set in stone so humanity has a chance instead of everyone being cattle waiting for death, and even then you can "save" them from turning into complete monsters if the transformation was recent and they just turn into a random demi human who really really likes sex instead, heck you can even negotiate with pure born succubus and they will listen or even fall for you like Alma in the MGQ example if you prove yourself worthy.
There you go with the "but" again XD
Characterization is the exact same.

Succubi give no shit. They aren't heroines, they're enemies. No matter how cute they might be, they fucked other people before you and will fuck other people after they kill you.
"you can "save" them from turning into complete monsters if the transformation was recent and they just turn into a random demi human"
I mean... they're not succubus anymore then?

"heck you can even negotiate with pure born succubus and they will listen or even fall for you like Alma in the MGQ example if you prove yourself worthy."
What's that got to do with their overall character? Pure blooded succubi in that game are never shown as heroines. The succubus character that goes to your house in Succubus Tamer 2 still fucks other people.
Alma elma never falls in love with Luca in MGQ.

Torotoro wasn't an idiot, he wrote romance for every heavenly knight except Alma Elma.

Luca accidentally passes the trial for Granberia making him able to marry her. Granberia likes strong and cute guys, and luca fits both categories. Her tastes in men are revealed during Salamander's fight.
Tamamo is constantly impressed by Luca's good nature, and when he goes to yamatai and helps out she becomes completely intent on helping him grow and wants to live with him in the future.
Erubetie's hate is cleansed by Luca's pure-hearted attempts at reconciliation. Luca never gives up on her, so when she goes dere after being tsun, she goes super-dere.

Only Alma Elma gets no romantic buildup with Luca. 0. But I mean... come on... she's a succubus. It's pretty clear why. Even in the end-game it's said that she constantly goes to the coliseum where tons of guys fight to reach the finals in order to "fight" her. Like she's clearly not a heroine. And well... you know what happens when you lose in the coliseum.

MGE: Didn't read in in a long time but i agree succubus and especially Lliliths and lilims are uber alpha bitches in that world even if killing is forbidden, who cares when they can corrupt everyone and turn them into sex frenzied monsters who will attack normal humans right? Fuck you DRUELLA FUCK YOU
The corruption angle isn't even that bad though. That's a thing with 90% of the monsters in MGE. That world doesn't make much sense if you think about it so it's better if you don't think too hard about that part.

What's worse is that every other monster, even if they have a lustful nature has romantic tendencies. No matter how cruel or crazy, they all fall for a guy and then do what monster girls do to obtain them, sometimes going so far as raping them.

The only exception is Succubi. They'll participate in gangbangs with multiple men, kidnap guys they think are good looking and give them random bjs and just generally slut it up before they get bored and look for a single guy.

Also, we humans have been top of the food chain on this planet for so long we've developed a sense of protagonist syndrome, the universe revolves around us. It's hard to imagine a race of beings that are above to the extent we would be treated in the same way we treat zoo animals.
Then why the superficial attempt at romance?
Why not just consign them the status of "enemy" and be done with it?

The fact that the heroes are in such a negative position they "can't win" isn't bad. Persevering under those circumstances is satisfying for the player because even if you're destined to lose you're putting in the effort. Problem is that the game attempts at characterizing the enemy, and it does a bad job. None of the girls are likeable, so there's no feeling like, "I'm going out with a bang." and all the heroines are tied to a separate guy but would fuck anyone so the games going out of it's way to sever attachment with them.

That's fine, but then why have unique dialogue where they talk about their history with the guy, and what they wanted their relationship to be like, and even try to have a somber mood after the guy is fucked to death? The incongruity here is the problem. It's almost like the team of developers were split on the issue and they took a half-assed approach both ways narratively and the succubi came out as shit characters.

If you're gonna write a villain, don't punk out.
If you're gonna write a heroine, then justify those feelings and don't make them shit heroines.

This game tried to do both and failed at both by trying.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
OG saga? Both OG and Paradox is like this.

Why are you trying to do a "but?" The characterization of the succubi is the exact same. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
For instance, Alma Elma is not a virgin. She shows up at the coliseum often to fight, and she has the best sexual skills of all the monsters. She knows exactly how to drain men to death. The game doesn't show it, but Alma's most likely fucked countless would-be heroes to death. Also Alma's not a battle junkie. She's just aloof.

All Libraheart games are unnecessarily depressing and contain 0 interesting/empathetic characters.
But they're maledom games, I don't have high expectations on the empathy front in maledom games.

No, it's just one of the first games that ONLY had succubus enemies.
They weren't cowards like SQDT though. The succubi in Succubus prison are never portrayed positively. As soon as a scene that shows a small sign of empathy happens the game then shows that same character fucking to death a random salaryman. They aren't heroines. They're the enemy.
One of the team members who worked on SQDT probably understood. An NPC calls out the characterization of the succubi, but they just couldn't stay consistent by trying to add hints of romance in this game by making all succubi have a pair that they had romantic attachments with (and romance dialogue) - before they consign them to oblivion of course.

There you go with the "but" again XD
Characterization is the exact same.

Succubi give no shit. They aren't heroines, they're enemies. No matter how cute they might be, they fucked other people before you and will fuck other people after they kill you.
"you can "save" them from turning into complete monsters if the transformation was recent and they just turn into a random demi human"
I mean... they're not succubus anymore then?

"heck you can even negotiate with pure born succubus and they will listen or even fall for you like Alma in the MGQ example if you prove yourself worthy."
What's that got to do with their overall character? Pure blooded succubi in that game are never shown as heroines. The succubus character that goes to your house in Succubus Tamer 2 still fucks other people.
Alma elma never falls in love with Luca in MGQ.

Torotoro wasn't an idiot, he wrote romance for every heavenly knight except Alma Elma.

Luca accidentally passes the trial for Granberia making him able to marry her. Granberia likes strong and cute guys, and luca fits both categories. Her tastes in men are revealed during Salamander's fight.
Tamamo is constantly impressed by Luca's good nature, and when he goes to yamatai and helps out she becomes completely intent on helping him grow and wants to live with him in the future.
Erubetie's hate is cleansed by Luca's pure-hearted attempts at reconciliation. Luca never gives up on her, so when she goes dere after being tsun, she goes super-dere.

Only Alma Elma gets no romantic buildup with Luca. 0. But I mean... come on... she's a succubus. It's pretty clear why. Even in the end-game it's said that she constantly goes to the coliseum where tons of guys fight to reach the finals in order to "fight" her. Like she's clearly not a heroine. And well... you know what happens when you lose in the coliseum.

The corruption angle isn't even that bad though. That's a thing with 90% of the monsters in MGE. That world doesn't make much sense if you think about it so it's better if you don't think too hard about that part.

What's worse is that every other monster, even if they have a lustful nature has romantic tendencies. No matter how cruel or crazy, they all fall for a guy and then do what monster girls do to obtain them, sometimes going so far as raping them.

The only exception is Succubi. They'll participate in gangbangs with multiple men, kidnap guys they think are good looking and give them random bjs and just generally slut it up before they get bored and look for a single guy.

Then why the superficial attempt at romance?
Why not just consign them the status of "enemy" and be done with it?

The fact that the heroes are in such a negative position they "can't win" isn't bad. Persevering under those circumstances is satisfying for the player because even if you're destined to lose you're putting in the effort. Problem is that the game attempts at characterizing the enemy, and it does a bad job. None of the girls are likeable, so there's no feeling like, "I'm going out with a bang." and all the heroines are tied to a separate guy but would fuck anyone so the games going out of it's way to sever attachment with them.

That's fine, but then why have unique dialogue where they talk about their history with the guy, and what they wanted their relationship to be like, and even try to have a somber mood after the guy is fucked to death? The incongruity here is the problem. It's almost like the team of developers were split on the issue and they took a half-assed approach both ways narratively and the succubi came out as shit characters.

If you're gonna write a villain, don't punk out.
If you're gonna write a heroine, then justify those feelings and don't make them shit heroines.

This game tried to do both and failed at both by trying.
I'm reminded of the days when my mother had this throw away attitude towards whatever pets we use to have, cats and dogs thrown away like bothersome pests after their artificial value of joy has been eroded from overexposure. I never felt that way about my pets though at the end, more pity really for both my mom and my pets. The way people act is a mystery truly, humans are quite chaotic. At the end of the day Succubus are fantasy creations by us, and so we can only perceive them in ways we'd like to, despite their ability on paper to be above the human mind. It makes sense for them to have the same chaotic inclinations as we do. I find this unpredictable nature to be quite amusing, despite how illogical it may present itself, as long as I haven't become jaded from the experience. One of the very few exceptions I'm willing to allow, but that's just me. It's really, really hard to envision something free from human understanding and at the same time be logically and emotionally sound.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I'm reminded of the days when my mother had this throw away attitude towards whatever pets we use to have, cats and dogs thrown away like bothersome pests after their artificial value of joy has been eroded from overexposure. I never felt that way about my pets though at the end, more pity really for both my mom and my pets. The way people act is a mystery truly, humans are quite chaotic. At the end of the day Succubus are fantasy creations by us, and so we can only perceive them in ways we'd like to, despite their ability on paper to be above the human mind. It makes sense for them to have the same chaotic inclinations as we do. I find this unpredictable nature to be quite amusing, despite how illogical it may present itself, as long as I haven't become jaded from the experience.
You're trying to make sense of it in the logic of the world which is meaningless.
Anything can make sense within the logic of the game's universe.
___
I'm talking about what they were attempting as game developers to portray for the users to enjoy, and whether or not they succeeded.

They attempted to write slightly empathetic heroines because the girls all have a romantic partner, and 1 even has a small tragedy about to happen to them.
They failed. These aren't heroines. They wrote hateful sluts that no sane human man could ever be emotionally interested in.

They attempted to write villains as well.
They kept trying to half-redeem them, or at least make them not directly culpable for all the shenanigans so the PLAYER doesn't hate the cute heroines the illustrator drew.
They failed in this aspect severely.

From a character standpoint it's a bundle of mixed messages and contradictions. It mostly comes down to the devs writing terrible "heroines" but also not wanting the player to hate these "heroines" because they want the player to find them hot.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
You're trying to make sense of it in the logic of the world which is meaningless.
Anything can make sense within the logic of the game's universe.
___
I'm talking about what they were attempting as game developers to portray for the users to enjoy, and whether or not they succeeded.

They attempted to write slightly empathetic heroines because the girls all have a romantic partner, and 1 even has a small tragedy about to happen to them.
They failed. These aren't heroines. They wrote hateful sluts that no sane human man could ever be emotionally interested in.

They attempted to write villains as well.
They kept trying to half-redeem them, or at least make them not directly culpable for all the shenanigans so the PLAYER doesn't hate the cute heroines the illustrator drew.
They failed in this aspect severely.

From a character standpoint it's a bundle of mixed messages and contradictions. It mostly comes down to the devs writing terrible "heroines" but also not wanting the player to hate these "heroines" because they want the player to find them hot.
To be fair, in order to actually be invested in these characters you'd have to detail their full on experience and storytelling, we basically had a jumpcut to the very end, we didn't get to read all the fleshy details to get attached to these characters. And why would we when you really don't have time for that, faps need to be had and this isn't a light novel. I imagine you're suppose to insert your own understanding or at least, some respect to, given some of the characters have spent most of their time with or for those succubus to garner a deep desire for them.

Last edited: