What's new

[WIP - Full] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) - Plains, Hills, and Cages Edition

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
MTool is pretty easy to use, although it still is an MTL of course. Mine also, for some reason, likes to make the letter 'm' just not exist in dialogue. But 'M' does. It'll also mess up pronouns a lot, so Master Ramil will be he or she depending on the conversation.
Still, it does the job ok, all things considered for how easy and straight forward it is to use. You'll have to probably fiddle with font sizes to fix words being cut off.

Octrine

Reputation score
MTool is pretty easy to use, although it still is an MTL of course. Mine also, for some reason, likes to make the letter 'm' just not exist in dialogue. But 'M' does. It'll also mess up pronouns a lot, so Master Ramil will be he or she depending on the conversation.
Still, it does the job ok, all things considered for how easy and straight forward it is to use. You'll have to probably fiddle with font sizes to fix words being cut off.
oh yeah you bring up a very important point that i forgot to mention, you DEFINITELY need to lower the font size. You can do that on the first page of mtool. Without adjusting the font size about half of all the sentences get cut off and its really aggravating as someone who likes to read and understand everything.

For me the perfect font was unicode smooth at size 6 if i remember correctly. You dont want to make it too tiny otherwise it gets really hard to read, especially in menus and in battle. Experiment and find what size works for you.

duo75007

Reputation score
It's not really an error its just I don't have the supporter version.

Shuwa

Reputation score
Hi all, my first comment on ULMF. I'm also looking forward to seeing SR being fully translated as well off the back of MGQ Paradox Part 2 collab.

Also really holding out some form of hope that the patching will be simpler, because AttacheCase4 really isn't helping with the patching on my end too,
adding that it's Feb 2023 and the problems became even more obvious,
been trying to bed Rigeo these past 3 days jumping between here and F95zone only to hit the same wall, the other bosses have the same issue too.

I'll just have to be patient like everyone, I guess.

P.S. hoping that MGQ Paradox Part 3 will have Mariel and Endiel, also that Endiel has a request that doesn't snu-snu Luka.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
@Octrine, just tried out the game, basically doing what you did (install the Jap Mod, then use MTool for Translation), but the moment MTool is done translating, when I try to play, the game henceforth plays with constant stutters, briefly freezing every second or so. Did you experience something similar on your end?
(I had this happen to me before, and even without the Jap Mod installed)

Edit: It is not as bad as I felt it before. It is manageable at this point, so I'll bare with it this time around (better to play with MTool than to learn MoonRunes from scratch)

Last edited:

Chryssssss

Reputation score
Is it possible to play without the mod? Like just the base game, but still use a translation? Or is the translation for base not finished?

Octrine

Reputation score
@Octrine, just tried out the game, basically doing what you did (install the Jap Mod, then use MTool for Translation), but the moment MTool is done translating, when I try to play, the game henceforth plays with constant stutters, briefly freezing every second or so. Did you experience something similar on your end?
(I had this happen to me before, and even without the Jap Mod installed)

Edit: It is not as bad as I felt it before. It is manageable at this point, so I'll bare with it this time around (better to play with MTool than to learn MoonRunes from scratch)
Yeah its normal for the game to run slow while mtool is being used, its very annoying but you get used to it eventually. Atm im taking a break from the game because there is a patch of the mod content that mtool refuses to translate and its very annoying so looking into other stuff while i wait for any updates on the English translation

Is it possible to play without the mod? Like just the base game, but still use a translation? Or is the translation for base not finished?
its possible but its gonna be a chore tracking down an english translated version without mod intergration since most of the ones i found include it in some form. You'll probably have to do some digging on google.

Chryssssss

Reputation score
Yeah its normal for the game to run slow while mtool is being used, its very annoying but you get used to it eventually. Atm im taking a break from the game because there is a patch of the mod content that mtool refuses to translate and its very annoying so looking into other stuff while i wait for any updates on the English translation

its possible but its gonna be a chore tracking down an english translated version without mod intergration since most of the ones i found include it in some form. You'll probably have to do some digging on google.
damn, thanks for the reply

Chryssssss

Reputation score
i looked for a bit and couldnt find anything. do you think just installing the patch on the base game would do it?

Shuwa

Reputation score
Bought my copy a few weeks ago and finally finished it, had to pull another version from F95Zone and I wasn't sure it would work completely so I had my mod-less version run alongside it to complete the story, it was long but worth it. I wouldn't do it again though, I clocked a combined total of 24 hrs in both games, with editing of the save file.

tennerwinner

Reputation score
yeah, I tried using Mtool on the modded game and I keep on getting random crashes. I can barely even get through the first lesser succubus encounter without crashing there or on the way there. anyone else have this?

Reputation score
So I was looking at this game and all the mods and crap and... uh, yeah.

Is there something like a stable translated version (even vanilla)?

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
This game has a very old code that doesn't play well with translators, it can be played with Mtool but it isn't pretty, its like a very rough, bad translation. Unfortunately people have attempted to translate this game for nearly a decade, and alot of people have dropped off the face of the earth after attempting to do so.

My advice is to try to play it with Mtool, it will be far from an enjoyable experience but it is playable, i wouldn't hold out hope of someone translating it now as it is far too dated and flawed.

yeah, I tried using Mtool on the modded game and I keep on getting random crashes. I can barely even get through the first lesser succubus encounter without crashing there or on the way there. anyone else have this?
I haven't had any issues playing the game with Mtool, no crashes, however i don't know if the game is modded or not. It would not surprise me though since Mtool can be fussy about various engines, the mod can throw some problems it's way that it isn't used to, which one again i attribute to the archaic coding.

zths

Reputation score
This game has a very old code that doesn't play well with translators, it can be played with Mtool but it isn't pretty, its like a very rough, bad translation. Unfortunately people have attempted to translate this game for nearly a decade, and alot of people have dropped off the face of the earth after attempting to do so.

My advice is to try to play it with Mtool, it will be far from an enjoyable experience but it is playable, i wouldn't hold out hope of someone translating it now as it is far too dated and flawed.

I haven't had any issues playing the game with Mtool, no crashes, however i don't know if the game is modded or not. It would not surprise me though since Mtool can be fussy about various engines, the mod can throw some problems it's way that it isn't used to, which one again i attribute to the archaic coding.
I have made several less effective fixes to the Mod version of this game, the last one being the problem of " out of memory".
Anyway, the problem should have been fixed a long time ago, and it shouldn't still be crashing now...

Pollatos19287

Reputation score
Update 0003 is now available. With it comes a major change to the installation process. Notably, I programmed an installer for the English patch. All you need to do is run English_Patch_Installer.exe and follow the instructions on the Command Prompt. For people that prefer the Python script, it's still bundled under the Release_0003 folder. And, for transparency, the source of the .exe is also included as a Python script inside as well.

The installer requires AttacheCase4. It is not optional. Moreover, the installer will only be supported by myself on Windows machines.

I did some pretty extensive testing on my machine and it seemed to work fine. If you have issues with the installer, let me know. When it's finished, it should close itself and create a file called "English_Patch_Versions.txt" inside your game folder.

Everyone must run this installer on a fresh installation of the game. This is also not optional. Your game will crash if you don't.

Automated features of the installer:
  • Detects, downloads, and installs Plains, Hills, and Cages mod.
  • Installs the English translation mod, including Talk file script injection.
  • Can check for updates, download them, and install them (it will not update in the event of a core mod file update because these are generally extensive and need thorough testing on my end... that said, this is very rare)
General changelog of Release 0003:
(Note that these will start to contain general spoilers from now on, you've been warned)
  • Dark Grotto is now translated. Note that some areas another half or multiple parts accessed later in the story, so these will be specified accordingly (e.g. Dark Grotto pt. 2)
  • Church Library is now translated
  • Rejeo boss fight received partial translation
  • Additional updates to Talk files: Werecat, Sleepy, Petit Devil, Slave, Lesser Succubus, Werewolf, Imp, Nightmare, Slime
  • Additional battle text (Skilltext, Statetext) translated
  • Installer patches multiple crashes that can occur with boss fight

As always, keep me informed of bugs, crashes, typos, etc. And back up your save files before running the installer.

Download:

If for whatever reason the installer is broken on your machine, go ahead and report the error and fall back to the old installation method. You will need to delete your talk files, however, and re-run the injection or your game will crash.

Also, this does not include Strange's UI patch, nor does it check for it. You will need to download that separately. I can't include anything related to his patch due to how ULMF handles attachments for guest users.
It's fake, it does not work, only slow your computer

Pollatos19287

Reputation score
Any complete guide of can I translate the game? I followed steps and now the game send me an error:

NoPethodError

undefined method `map_id' for nil:NilClass

3Balance

Reputation score
I think after 10+ hours of trying to get this patch to work I'm finally giving up. Someone mentioned that the patcher crashes when trying to install the patch from the mod site and (after looking at WitheredGryphon's code) this seems to be the case. His code searches the site for code words that lead to the file downloads and just pulls from there but with the inclusion of a google drive link for the main mode file, it kind of just implodes on itself once it gets to that point. I managed to find where his files are stored and install it manually without the patcher but i end up with null pointers over and over.
If anybody has any ideas then I'm all ears but beyond learning python and rewriting the patcher code, it seems like we're SOL til the OP can fix it
Wish I saw this earlier, I tried to run the installer several times until I calmed myself down and realized some stuff I think I did wrong, and still ended up with empty text on the title screen. Agggh, this is my second attempt at trying to get to play this game in English, (the first was on F95zone) and I'm running into massive issues both times. I just wanna play a neat hentai game in my native language, the mod is just a bonus, really, but it seems to be where all the translation effort went towards, so might as well.