What's new

RPG RPG Maker Survivor Sarah 2 ~The Cruel World~ (6/20/2017 Chapter 2 Demo available!)

Kitty Kat

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Survivor Sarah 2 ~The Cruel World~

Is the battle fixed in this last game?

I like your games, but the battle is F12, battle, F12, battle, F12, battle...

It's too luck based. And I don't think anyone want to lose all the time and repeat the hospital scene over and over. That's why pressing F12 to reset the game is the most used attack.

The superheroine game was like this. If the stun kick failed, it's better to press f12 and try again... More HP or potions to recover would help a lot.

Faetter_br

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am sorry but as the creator, I really don't want to provide a save because from my point of view, it will discourage the player to play the game.

Another criteria for Sarah to switch to Anne side is to have her Stamina goes to 1 or below. To do so, try not to have Sarah eat and drink in the barn and finish other works in the farm!
Yes another bad end :eek:

Fair enough you wouldn't supply any help ... but could you at least add a skip animation so we don't have to use hours of watching the same animations over and over again while looking for the good end? I mean they are good - but the 10th time maybe not that fun especially when added the frustration of wasting another hour looking for the good end without any luck :(

kirin7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I need walkthrough

Levis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its really hard to get the good ending, I also got the bad endings slave and Wrong escape, but there must be some clue. do you have to do the mother scenes all in prefer to unlock something ?

Or is there another opportunity to escape ?

kirin7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

somebody can upload save 100% thanks :)

omil

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

somebody can upload save 100% thanks :)
I second this. Mostly because I am still stuck in this game and I kind of stop playing because of it.

jkarpynczyk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do you escape the farm in sarah's character?

Penttiseta

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You have to play the annes story and rescue sarah with her. Just keep playing and doing farm dutys like a good pet should =D

Acores

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I second this. Mostly because I am still stuck in this game and I kind of stop playing because of it.
I third this, been playing this for a while with no luck on different endings.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

About 200 patrons plus some 450 dlsite downloads, i doubt there's gonna be much helpful information running around with that few people having access to the game.

So unless someone cracks it or something, your best bet for a walkthorugh is from Combin_Ation.

Just saying this to give a realistic view on the chances you'll get something just by bumping this thread over and over and over again.

Good luck.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

About 200 patrons plus some 450 dlsite downloads, i doubt there's gonna be much helpful information running around with that few people having access to the game....
Good luck.
silly as this game is, i also doubt anyone will take the time to make a walkthru for it.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

silly as this game is, i also doubt anyone will take the time to make a walkthru for it.
People have made walkthroughs for worse games, but the venn diagram of people willing to make one and people having access to it is particularly bad.

For comparison, other Combin_Ation games, being more "accessible", have more lively threads with more helpful informations being shared, this thread is mostly chain updates, people begging for help, shit posting, and praising other developers, it's kinda sad.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

People have made walkthroughs for worse games, but the venn diagram of people willing to make one and people having access to it is particularly bad.

For comparison, other Combin_Ation games, being more "accessible", have more lively threads with more helpful informations being shared, this thread is mostly chain updates, people begging for help, shit posting, and praising other developers, it's kinda sad.
Most of the Patreon devs care little about forum topics, apart from promoting their game. Once people know of your work - the less you share for free, the more money you make.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Most of the Patreon devs care little about forum topics, apart from promoting their game. Once people know of your work - the less you share for free, the more money you make.
When most of the thread is about complaints, what people know is that this is not worth your time.

"Most" patreon devs have no idea how marketing and promotion works, that's why "most" patreon you never even heard of fail miserably or fade into obscurity.

Aslo your claim that less sharing means more money is based on nothing, let's take wolfzq for an example, the broken english is definitely not better than Combin_Ation, fairly similar low level of writing, the art is not top shelf stuff by any definition, and the niche market for fetishes is almost identical. The only real difference in content is the type of art style, and that is apparently not much of a problem since 3DCG is as popular as drawn art if not more.

By your definition wolfzq should not be able to make more money, and yet he does, and i'm gonna argue that the reason is the free part of his business model. More accessibility means more free publicity by word of mouth, more exposition means more people discuss about it which in turn means more feedback, more opportunity for the developer to interact with the crowd outside the loyalist echo chamber of patreon.

Don't get me wrong, talking to your patrons is important, they are the ones who pay the bills, but they are already hooked on your stuff, if you don't go out in the world and talk to new people your market becomes stagnat.

Stagnation doesn't seem a go option n this niche market, that's starting to get flooded from all sides by all kinds of more or less talented people, like pigeons on a piece of corn in a empty city square during a hot summer, giving out free stuff and doing great for it.

There is a huge crowd of people out there with low income, that will never pay for a game of this kind and quality unless they have first played it, because they just can't afford to waste their money on something they would not enjoy. This is everywhere in the gaming industry, it's the reason the free to play model has taken over the market, because that crowd is the vast majority. The important thing to take out of this is that a part of that majority is more than willing to donate or support the developement team if they enjoyed the game, which will never happen if they have no access to the game in the first place. They would rather move somewhere else.

In comparison the small minority that is gonna be desperate enough to pay because you have made your game otherwise unaccessible, may give you a false sense of growth, since the numbers on your feed grow slightly, but those people may not come back the next time if the game is not a masterpiece.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

..."Most" patreon devs have no idea how marketing and promotion works...
I agree with what you're saying. Yet many of them are making a decent buck, just by throwing promises and concept ideas.
And I think many of them are happy at where they stay. Not everyone needs to be Ubisoft or EA.
This guy here is snatching around 2K every month, for more than a year now, doing his small projects. Most probably as a side job, seeing the speed at which he's developing. Nod bad, I'd say.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Fair enough.

nirolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great game, a bit to dark for me, but I have to appreciate it. Continue the good work.

Incopl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This guy here is snatching around 2K every month, for more than a year now, doing his small projects. Most probably as a side job, seeing the speed at which he's developing. Nod bad, I'd say.
This guy here is quite unique, because he actually developed and released 3 complete games before he went to Patreon. This makes him a bit more trustworthy that lot of other developers.

OP
Combin_Ation

Combin_Ation

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

An update has just been released for SS2 Chapter 2 for this month! And SS2 will be my first priority this year and I am trying my best to finish it!

Also, you can now check the update of SS2 through this page:

I will update the information on this page when there is update on SS2.

Thanks

triacom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

An update has just been released for SS2 Chapter 2 for this month! And SS2 will be my first priority this year and I am trying my best to finish it!

Also, you can now check the update of SS2 through this page:

I will update the information on this page when there is update on SS2.

Thanks
I'm curious, how many of those defeat scenes with the various enemies result in game overs?

Personally I like to see a game try to keep going after something like that rather than end with just "she was eaten" or something of that nature. It's much more interesting to me to see how that could affect the character and the game's progression, and I know that in the first game and chapter one of the sequel defeat usually resulted in a game over. Is that still the case here?