What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

TheGDL

Reputation score
Slowly getting through it. Got the first town done, for the most part, but there isn't really anything worthwhile to be uploaded there. Next will be the forest with the dryad, then I'll have to test for errors and such. Will probably upload that once I'm done and keep working on further content.
Amazing buddy, thank you for all your hard work. We are rooting for you :)

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
I hate to say this, but they did it again, they updated the game to 3.3.10, so uhh.. Bye translation.

Oir

Reputation score
I hate to say this, but they did it again, they updated the game to 3.3.10, so uhh.. Bye translation.
I'm not sure exactly how it works but can't Danielwain just...like...not use the latest version of the game?
If hours and hours of progress are lost with each update, many of which aren't even super significant additions to the game, is there really a reason to throw everything away? (sorry if I'm misinterpreting something)

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
You aren't, and it is likely best to stick to the older version this time around. But if they release a major update that we want, it becomes an issue.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yes, I'll have to work with the older version. Carrying it over would be a monumental effort in terms of copy-pasting, comparing text etc. and still result in bugs/crashes, since a few letters changed per map can break the whole thing. If the update doesn't involve any new scenes, it's not worth it. If a major update comes around, I'll look into whether a partial translation of the new content might work better, though that would come with its own issues.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, I'll have to work with the older version. Carrying it over would be a monumental effort in terms of copy-pasting, comparing text etc. and still result in bugs/crashes, since a few letters changed per map can break the whole thing. If the update doesn't involve any new scenes, it's not worth it. If a major update comes around, I'll look into whether a partial translation of the new content might work better, though that would come with its own issues.
Jesus dude, the effort you're putting into this is on another level. I'd have thrown my computer through the window at this point XD

Reputation score
Would anyone please share save file please?? i actually play this in the past but since i switched to new laptop i forgotten to copy my save file so it gone. My saves was when facing a Boy (Forgot it name). Also a complete gallery if possible too

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score
There is gallery save in this thread, just need to go back few pages.
I would prefer save for beginning of 2nd chapter tbh. Apparently cant use save files from translation, they break 2.0.0 content. Sad.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just wanted to give a little update, first chapter is as good as done and ~half the scenes are done, also looks like it's working so far. That should be roughly 50% of the whole thing, seeing how most of the other content has a lot less dialogue. Maybe I'm underestimating it, they added quite a bit to the first city, but we'll see. Still needs a fair amount of fixing and testing, but I'll get to that. Should have something ready until the end of the year, not sure if I can complete the whole thing. Looks like the gallery will be a lot of copy-pasting, as per usual...

Oir

Reputation score
Just wanted to give a little update, first chapter is as good as done and ~half the scenes are done, also looks like it's working so far. That should be roughly 50% of the whole thing, seeing how most of the other content has a lot less dialogue. Maybe I'm underestimating it, they added quite a bit to the first city, but we'll see. Still needs a fair amount of fixing and testing, but I'll get to that. Should have something ready until the end of the year, not sure if I can complete the whole thing. Looks like the gallery will be a lot of copy-pasting, as per usual...
Thanks for the update!

mromegazz

Lurker
Reputation score
to be honest, i really only care about getting decent translations of the gallery itself, but its certainly great that the whole thing is being worked on so that i could even attempt to try playing through it.

greatgf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
When I saw this thread on page 1 again I was convinced it would be either another non-post or bad news. I am very happy to have been wrong in this instance. Keep up the good work!

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The gallery matter is a little bit annoying, a lot of copy-pasting that could potentially break the game. I'll consider doing it once the scenes in the main game are done, but technically uploading a bunch of saves before bosses would do the trick as well. Not really a priority right now, after finishing the scenes, I was planning to work on the story, bug fixing and then on the gallery, unless a lot of people would rather have me work on the gallery, I suppose.

Oir

Reputation score
The gallery matter is a little bit annoying, a lot of copy-pasting that could potentially break the game. I'll consider doing it once the scenes in the main game are done, but technically uploading a bunch of saves before bosses would do the trick as well. Not really a priority right now, after finishing the scenes, I was planning to work on the story, bug fixing and then on the gallery, unless a lot of people would rather have me work on the gallery, I suppose.
Personally, I'd much rather play through the translated game than sit through the gallery (else I'd just be reading a Visual Novel).
But you should honestly do what you want to do with this thing

Weisshexe

Reputation score
I need some assistance. I am in chapter 3 and recently beat the Sadist Elf looking lady in the church. After a conversation I was given something, but do not know what. I also do not know where to proceed next, because nothing new appeared on my quest tab. If anyone can give me some pointers that would be helpful.

Solved: I needed to go back to being a merchant and working for the coffee shop guy. Talked to another stranger at the coffee shop and got a location for Marunomi Forest and Pervoni Ruins. I completed the Ruins, but I cannot seem to find this Marunomi Forest. The Quest tag for Marunomi Forest says with my poor translation of Japanese to English, "Talk to a traveller over there!" Currently stuck here.

Solved: I had to get the special curry spice, before gaining access to the new dungeon. Currently in the battle with the Big Tree in a funky dimension.

Last edited:

Weisshexe

Reputation score
After the great battle with the Tree Vine Demon Thing in the freaky dimension I have hit a stump. I am suppose to collect materials to forge rings to give to the goddess to obtain ultimate power? I have forged one ring, but stuck on the other two as I currently have no idea on where to obtain these materials. If anyone can point me to the right direction so I can start obtaining some of these resources is much appreciated.

I'll provide two images to show what I am currently lacking.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
For the first item, the materials in question should drop from puyos of different colours, though I'm not entirely sure about where these drop, don't think you can just farm any low-level puyos. You should probably look for puyos in the higher level zones you've been to and they should drop it, I believe.
For the second item, these are mostly materials you get from mining. In the third small village, you can go into the mines with a pickaxe and mine these materials or go into the area where you can go lower and lower to pick items up from the floor to increasingly stronger enemies. Red Ice, the fourth material, is one you can get in the forest with the fairy village, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm not entirely sure about the information for the first item, I'm just going by the description of the materials I translated, but I think that's how you can find the stuff. If not, I'm not really sure myself, give it a try unless someone else knows.

Irukuku

Reputation score
Hey danielwain! Would you like some help with the translation of this game? I would like to help out if you don't mind, could help with translation, testing.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Certainly wouldn't mind some help, though it's also kind of complicated, collaborating on this. I have a fair amount done and still a fair amount ahead of me. Maybe I should stop beating around the bush and just upload what I have so far, then you can have a look and see if it crashes at certain points so far, whether certain battle text refers to the wrong actor (e.g. "Arle protects its body" instead of "Arle protects her body") and stuff like that. I only got most of the content translated up to (not including) Mining City Juki and haven't done much testing yet, though, so I might also have missed some small events here and there.

Do you have experience with RPG-Maker MV or would you need some help with that? Are you good at Japanese? If so, simply looking at what I translated vs what was originally written and correcting that would already be a great help, there's bound to be errors and I occasionally winged some lines based on the context when I wasn't sure about the meaning or left lines for later and forgot them. Aside from that, we'd have to arrange who does what, for example you start at Abandoned Mine/Fairy Town and work towards the end while I take care of content from Juki through Burgh Metus to Abandoned Mine or something of that nature.

Attachments

Irukuku

Reputation score
I've taken a look through the readme from Yugifan3 for RPG Maker MV, and I understand where to find most of the events. From my understanding, most of the text occur in common events, which are located in the database. My japanese isn't the greatest, but I can make things understandable through tools and my knolwedge. I can see what I can do for testing currently, and try to fix any issues if they error out.

Just to verify, which build of the game are you currently working on? I see from the System.json that the data is currently

"gameTitle":"Forest of Abyss RPG2 Ver.3.3.8"

I myself don't have the 3.3.8 files outside of what you provided, though I do have the 3.3.9 files.