What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

TheGDL

Reputation score
Amazing work Danielwain! now I'm finally able to continue this game. Keep up the good work! :D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
In this case, most of the common events are translated already and they were mostly used for battle-related stuff. Do you have RPG-Maker MV installed to edit the files? Most of the important remaining work is stored in the map data files, I've taken care of most of the database stuff, disregarding half the h-scenes and skill descriptions. If you want to work on the h-scenes, those are stored from 200 onward under Common Events, 300 onward would be gallery recollection, probably just a bunch of annoying copy-paste work from main scenes. You'll have to see what was translated there already and what wasn't. The most important thing is that we coordinate to not both work on the same stuff, since you can't really merge it afterwards and would be forced to copy-paste a bunch of stuff, especially with the remaining scenes in common events. Sure, that would be a great help, seeing what works and what doesn't would be very important. As a warning in advance, I carefully did some brute-force attempts with certain words that seemed safe, that could cause some issues (open all data files with notepad++, find and replace in all opened documents). If you run into any issues, it's almost guaranteed to be because of that.

Yes, I'm working on 3.3.8, I can upload everything to give you the exact same build I'm working on, probably better to be on the same page. You should be able to work on it just fine with RPG-Maker MV. Here's the link, tell me if there's any trouble.

Well then, I'm looking forward to working with you.

Irukuku

Reputation score
For the time being, I'll do a walkthrough of the first town and everything up till the Mining City Juki. Then we can decide on what we should work on so we can merge properly. Glad to be working with ya!

Acanis0712

Reputation score
So I'm completely lost on where I'm supposed to go at this point. I've beaten the Dryad which opened the route to Mining City Juki. I've done the quests that required shale to make bricks, then giving the guy refractory bricks. I've done the first 3 pick axe requests (just need a Diamond for the last one.). I can't continue cleaning the room. It's just an endless loop of asking 200g for a cleaning service.

I suspect I need a melee job to equip a bladed weapon to cut down some grass outside Mining City Juki to progress, but I can't find anywhere to unlock it.

gnb357

Reputation score
So I'm completely lost on where I'm supposed to go at this point. I've beaten the Dryad which opened the route to Mining City Juki. I've done the quests that required shale to make bricks, then giving the guy refractory bricks. I've done the first 3 pick axe requests (just need a Diamond for the last one.). I can't continue cleaning the room. It's just an endless loop of asking 200g for a cleaning service.

I suspect I need a melee job to equip a bladed weapon to cut down some grass outside Mining City Juki to progress, but I can't find anywhere to unlock it.
Talk to the npc that sell you weapons they should give you a dagger use it to learn the skill after 10kills if i remember correctly speaking to it again will unlock the Fencer job and the ability to cut those vines.

Acanis0712

Reputation score
Talk to the npc that sell you weapons they should give you a dagger use it to learn the skill after 10kills if i remember correctly speaking to it again will unlock the Fencer job and the ability to cut those vines.
I actually managed to get it after, just forgot to update. I had to do the Dried Meat quest to get the guy at the bar to talk, which gave me the peach sake quest, which turned into another fetch quest, and from there I was able to get the fencer job.

EmberFire

Lurker
Reputation score
Last time I updated was version 3.3.7. Is there a way to get version 3.3.8? Since the auto update takes it straight to 3.3.10

Acanis0712

Reputation score
Last time I updated was version 3.3.7. Is there a way to get version 3.3.8? Since the auto update takes it straight to 3.3.10
you can snag 3.3.9 there. pleasure (can't remember if the P is capitalized) is the password for the .rar

Acanis0712

Reputation score
Would that version work with the English translation?
Yeah, it would actually role to 3.3.8 on mine, but they only have Chapter 1 translated, and it's partial from what I found. Most of the important stuff is translated, but I had a few points of fumbling around and using a rough machine translation of pointing the google translate app on my phone to my monitor.

Chapters 2 and beyond I think have zero translation unfortunately at this time, and I chalk it up to how every time Sweet Sprite releases an update, it just completely breaks the translations.

ExEmperorToast

Reputation score
With what Danielwan has thrown out a few weeks ago, it is more than chapter 1. The translations so far I tested with ver 3.3.10 is tracked to the locations not the progress in the game. That means for example: When u start Chapter 2 or 3 and talk with Satan you have at times the whole conversation in English or the Quests regarding working at that Cafe in the first City, which is also nearly completely translated.

The important part: all items and Quests are translated, makes it possible to progress without a problem

So far the game works normally on the recent version... That is until I got to that Fairy spring at the beginning of Chapter 2 or the second bandits base (inside before meeting that Sciencetist and that tentacle boss thingy). I got these errors. Had to switch to Japanese Version.
I don't know, whether that is something the Translator(s) can fix.

On a side note: Im currently gathering the curry ingredients. Was there some item that stops or reduces the chances getting captured by the silk worm's threads? So far I haven't found anything in the forums, nor do the items, that are supposed to stop "muscus" and "sticky thread" debuffs, have an effect.

Attachments

Last edited:

Acanis0712

Reputation score
With what Danielwan has thrown out a few weeks ago, it is more than chapter 1. The translations so far I tested with ver 3.3.10 is tracked to the locations not the progress in the game. That means for example: When u start Chapter 2 or 3 and talk with Satan you have at times the whole conversation in English or the Quests regarding working at that Cafe in the first City, which is also nearly completely translated.

The important part: all items and Quests are translated, makes it possible to progress without a problem

So far the game works normally on the recent version... That is until I got to that Fairy spring at the beginning of Chapter 2 or the second bandits base (inside before meeting that Sciencetist and that tentacle boss thingy). I got these errors. Had to switch to Japanese Version.

On a side note: Im currently gathering the curry ingredients. Was there some item that stops or reduces the chances getting captured by the silk worm's threads? So far I haven't found anything in the forums, nor do the items, that are supposed to stop "muscus" and "sticky thread" debuffs, have an effect.
Ok, it must be something with my game then. I get the following error whenever I escape the cave at beginning of chapter 2, or if I save and re-patch the translation, it comes back if I enter the fairy town.

For some reason, never saw the screenshots, so you got the same thing as me. That said, I'm trying to get the 5 red ice so I can continue on from red enemies. Do you know which ones those are? So far the only enemies I've found are the big worms, bad fairy's, acid plants, a reddish specter, and a pig.

Error.PNG

Last edited:

Acanis0712

Reputation score
So I figured out it was the pig mobs. Got past that, was told to investigate the two shadows, and the first may be at the bandit's house entrance. Pretty much stuck there trying to figure out what I'm looking for.

ExEmperorToast

Reputation score
So you are past the Fairy Spring and got back to the world. Regarding the bandits: It's too simple to not overlook it.

In the region right before you enter the first bandit "hideout building", right upper corner, where you can find a chest, there stand two "bandits ogres" (they look to me like orgres) blocking a pathway. Defeat them, enter the next region. But u need to switch again to the Japanese Version, cause the second bandit hideout has the same Syntax Error as the Fairy Spring.

Same goes for the second region of that one forest you can enter. Entry to that forest is where you activate the second Teleport point and a wood merchant is standing around.

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
So, this game till no see its end? i wait it completed to full enjoy but it take so long lol sad.

Acanis0712

Reputation score
So, this game till no see its end? i wait it completed to full enjoy but it take so long lol sad.
You're probably going to be waiting a long time then.

That said, I wish it was more clear on where to go. I just finished the 2nd bandit house, the quest log still says to investigate it, went back there and it's nothing but ghosts and random encounters and chests, but no idea what to do now.

To edit, went back to the ghost town, done a bunch of fetch quests, but still perplexed lol

Last edited:

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yes, a few events that occur at later points have been translated, I'm going through everything map by map. Still wouldn't say anything beyond chapter 1 is anywhere near complete. Currently making progress on chapter 2.

Yes, all items are translated, this includes "quest items" which basically replace the journal you'd have in other games and give you a description regarding what you're supposed to do. If you have trouble with some quest, you can look at it under items, this should make everything more or less playable.

Could you send me a save right before the places where the error occurs? That will probably make troubleshooting and fixing it a lot easier.

There is an accessory called "Exorcism Earrings", you get it in the jewelry shop at the forest market. That might prevent the debuff in question. Otherwise one of the other debuff negating accessories, maybe the "Waterproof Choker". Sorry for the late reply.

Acanis0712

Reputation score
Yes, a few events that occur at later points have been translated, I'm going through everything map by map. Still wouldn't say anything beyond chapter 1 is anywhere near complete. Currently making progress on chapter 2.

Yes, all items are translated, this includes "quest items" which basically replace the journal you'd have in other games and give you a description regarding what you're supposed to do. If you have trouble with some quest, you can look at it under items, this should make everything more or less playable.

Could you send me a save right before the places where the error occurs? That will probably make troubleshooting and fixing it a lot easier.

There is an accessory called "Exorcism Earrings", you get it in the jewelry shop at the forest market. That might prevent the debuff in question. Otherwise one of the other debuff negating accessories, maybe the "Waterproof Choker". Sorry for the late reply.
I don't have save files, but the areas should be accessible at any given time that give the syntax json errors. They are as follows:

Fairy Spring: You first enter this area after escaping the mine in the beginning of chapter 2. You can return here pretty much any time as completing this area unlocks a teleportation sigil.

Bandit Camp #2: Get to the map where Bandit Camp 1 entrance is. Go to the right where two ogre guards are (will be empty if you completed this). From this map, enter Bandit Camp #2 and another of the json syntax errors will occur.

Giant Plant Monster forest: This is where the woodseller is, if you teleport to the second sigil. Enter the forest, kill the level 30 recommended plant mob and go up one map. This for me didn't generate a json syntax error, the screen just went black.

Also, any tips on what to do after clearing bandit camp 2 and doing some of the fetch quests in the rebuilding town would be appreciated as I'm at a loss. The quest tracker still says to go to the second bandit camp.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't have save files, but the areas should be accessible at any given time that give the syntax json errors. They are as follows:

Fairy Spring: You first enter this area after escaping the mine in the beginning of chapter 2. You can return here pretty much any time as completing this area unlocks a teleportation sigil.

Bandit Camp #2: Get to the map where Bandit Camp 1 entrance is. Go to the right where two ogre guards are (will be empty if you completed this). From this map, enter Bandit Camp #2 and another of the json syntax errors will occur.

Giant Plant Monster forest: This is where the woodseller is, if you teleport to the second sigil. Enter the forest, kill the level 30 recommended plant mob and go up one map. This for me didn't generate a json syntax error, the screen just went black.

Also, any tips on what to do after clearing bandit camp 2 and doing some of the fetch quests in the rebuilding town would be appreciated as I'm at a loss. The quest tracker still says to go to the second bandit camp.
Guess I'll have to look into it on my own., will do so.

Hm, with bandit camp 2, do you mean the map called Bandit House? If you use the translation, you should be able to see the name of the map in the upper left corner when you enter the map. Please use these names, makes it a lot easier to know what you mean. If it is the Bandit House, you should be able to proceed through there by getting the three keys, all of those should be in the dungeon. Then you get through the locked doors at the end to the cave with the tree boss, afterwards you get to Fairy Town and proceed from there. Is that where you're stuck?