What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The good news first, I'm making progress and there will be no future updates to the game, according to the ending script, maybe some minor bug fixes and such, which I won't bother with. The bad news, I'll need some more time. Tried salvaging previous translation for "parts", but it's not worth the tedious work and possibility of breaking the game, so I'm translating everything from scratch again. There's a couple thousand lines of text for items and equipment alone. Story alone isn't too much, luckily, though it's still a pretty considerable amount of text. Item translations are pretty important for various quests, crafting and such, so I can't just skip them. I'll try to get the items out of the way, since it would be pretty damn difficult to finish the game without knowing what items do and what you need for crafting, quests and so on. Getting it finished over New Year's was overly optimistic, it seems. And this isn't even bug fixing yet, which will be some extra hours as well, most likely. Oh, joy...

greatgf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just knowing that you haven't given up is fantastic news imo. Please go at your own pace and don't burn yourself out!

Oir

Reputation score
That's awesome news! Thanks for sticking with it!

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Sorry, I was mostly out for a bit over a week because of a cold. I'll get back to work now. Done with most of the skill/weapon/armor business, have to take care of items and then the story proper..

Oir

Reputation score
Sorry, I was mostly out for a bit over a week because of a cold. I'll get back to work now. Done with most of the skill/weapon/armor business, have to take care of items and then the story proper..
Take it at your own pace, man. Thanks and good luck!

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm making progress, slowly but surely. Mostly done with anything that isn't story-related, discovered a couple hundred additional things for status effects and such that I had to translate as well. Tedious as all hell, but it should get better once I'm done with that. Actual story will take a good while as well, but it's less than all the other stuff I got out of the way so far. I'd guess I'm ~60% done, considering I also need to test for crashes and such. Might release some "early access" stuff once I'm done with Chapter 1, to get some additional feedback.

Okhi

Reputation score
I'm making progress, slowly but surely. Mostly done with anything that isn't story-related, discovered a couple hundred additional things for status effects and such that I had to translate as well. Tedious as all hell, but it should get better once I'm done with that. Actual story will take a good while as well, but it's less than all the other stuff I got out of the way so far. I'd guess I'm ~60% done, considering I also need to test for crashes and such. Might release some "early access" stuff once I'm done with Chapter 1, to get some additional feedback.
Good to know

Oir

Reputation score
Thanks for the update!

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
They just released another update, 3.3.9 which adds a new boss. Password to use the zipped update is "pleasure" it seems

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Perhaps when they reach update 4.0.0, that'll be the final version? Man, poor Danielwain.
But onto this update, what kind of boss got put in? Is it one with a defeat scene or is it something like an extra challenging boss for a nice item or something?

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
At this point, i'd say keeping this one version fully tl'd and ignoring future updates..would be better. Maybe a bonus translation in the future for that one additional piece of content.

Oir

Reputation score
At this point, i'd say keeping this one version fully tl'd and ignoring future updates..would be better. Maybe a bonus translation in the future for that one additional piece of content.
From what I'm understanding, past updates have invalidated earlier translation work meaning much had to be redone.
If I were the translator and this update once again invalidates past translations, I'd honestly just keep working on the current version and ignore future updates including this one.

Last edited:

paulchan92

Reputation score
Man, feel like a total busted after all the work. Jeeez. Just keep on working on what you can, don't let your spirit crashing down because of this crap update.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
It looks like nothing of note was added to this version, it was just a way to refight an old boss for some old bad ends.

Oir

Reputation score
It looks like nothing of note was added to this version, it was just a way to refight an old boss for some old bad ends.
All the more reason to ignore the update if it turns out that it breaks something right?
Hopefully it doesn't, of course

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Was about to ask if anyone had any luck with the Google Drive link on their Fantia (it's given me nothing but 24-hour lockdown period for the past 3 days, guess there's a ton of people still camping the link).
Then I remembered I had downloaded a zip of the last update a while back, but never had the password for it.
Tried the "pleasure" password (thank you, AriaWarden), and viola! I've got a more-or-less up to date version that I'd been sitting on for months. :LOL:

Though honestly, Sweetsprite should consider a different hosting site for their downloads, especially if updates are gonna be locked down for 3+ days straight.