Take it Back! (Austnailo, Diagasvesle, Blarg, Guan) GMed by MAF

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Take it Back! (Austnailo, Diagasvesle, Blarg, Guan) GMed by MAF

"Well," Summerset announced. "It seems everyone does not quite know what they want. Anyone can help who wants to help. In return, at the very least, Alexia will aid me with that secret little favor I do enjoy making you wonder about~" she giggled. "With that being said, I'd hate to dirty my beautiful white scales~" she announced, looking down at Anthony. "Would any one of you be willing to carry me?"

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The pink scaled naga rolled her eyes at the white naga's assertion of the situation. It seems she was not heeding the objection of Eeyie, save for hers and Anthony's. This woman was going to continue to be difficult it seems. An d she was only making it worse. Now she wanted someone to carry her? Really? Alexia had no issue dirtying her scales in the slightest. She'd just jump in a river if she ever wanted to clean them. The noble lady could do the same thing. Or was that not appropriate? Feh. She wasn't going to harp on the issue. As a naga, not many would be able to carry the extra weight of the tail...save for another naga. That left Alexia to be the only option. "I"ll do it. Figure it would take a naga to carry another one. Even if I'm a runt, I still got the strength of two human men. So hop on." Alexia inched over to the cart, knowing the woman might just climb down.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Begging your pardon, Captain, but exhausting yourself en route to our battle is not something I would advise - much as I'm sure Milady Summerset would be a great boon in the course of the battle, such an approach would unlikely to be of net gain for us. Apologies, Madam Summerset, but if I may advise Captain Alexia, we should continue on our own and let the Lady attend to her affairs."

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kira took out a fan and began to fan herself while giving a noble laugh. "Ho-ho-ho~! What a kind and gentlemanly thing to say." she praised Anthony. "Well, maybe you can help me with my little favor as a gesture of kindness regardless~ I will hold you up no longer, and be on my way, since my company is one causing dispute. I'll be waiting for you! Cheerio!" she waved at the four, before the wagon closed up like a protective shell, and the driver whipped the horses before the wagon began pulling off. "If you're successful in you're mission, I'll give you a kiss!" she announced.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I shall hold your offer in my heart, to drive me to fight harder, Milady," Anthony said with a deep bow. "I would be delighted to help you once we've trounced these highwaymen, as well - so long as Captain Alexia believes we've the time, of course."

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Following the ongoing situation, Cassandra was a bit surprised to see that the white naga lady was apparently not going to come with them after all. So with all things considered, that whole conversation had resulted in nothing but a waste of time. They could have been doing their mission, but instead ended up getting delayed with this strange Kira person. Sighing again in a relatively small period of time, the busty cleric just hoped that they would get going sooner than later.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The white bird chirped at the group, flapping it's wings as if to instruct people to follow it.

Again, Cassandra felt the sensation that a large ball of fire would strike the group if they didn't get moving soon.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony looked up at the bird. It was white, like nigh everything else on Lady Summerset. He pondered briefly the subject of whether or not such a color would be unusual in the woods here, and might possibly cause the bandits to panic if they saw it... but then quickly decided that that was ridiculous. It was just a bird, after all. That it wouldn't blend with the woods around them would probably be helpful for them keeping track of it, too.

"Well, let's get on with it, then," he muttered, stumbling off into the underbrush - trying not to get his pants too mussed.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The whole situation just made Alexia more upset. So after all the negotiating and deal talk, the woman just up and leaves? All because Anthony felt she'd get a little tired! Ugh! She was fine! If anything, she could carry all three of them and still have room to spare! But, what was done was done. The lady was off, flowery words were exchanged and the four were left to their own devices from here on out. "Whelp, no use crying over split milk. Lets haul ass and move out. We've lolly gagged enough and I'd rather be done with these rogues before I end up regretting it." Alexia just let out a sigh as she caught up with the Anthony as he stumbled into the under brush. Did that man ever get outside at all in his life? Or was this the first time he'd even been in the woods. She carried her weapons in hand and shuffled past the stumbling noble.

"Try not to hurt yourself. I want my team to be fighting ready. If you need a hand, just let me know. I've been on my fair share of forest expeditions in my time and I can serve as a decent guide. But for now, we have a little bird to follow. She kept her eyes on the bird as it made it's way through the woods, hoping that the Lady Summerset wasn't lying to them about the birds usefulness.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eeyie privately cheered inwardly but she didn't make any comments and is happy that everyone seemed to ignore her outburst. Still she didn't trust that white bird. It is a bland color after all and it reminded her far too recently of that spoilt lamia. Still she would follow behind but this time, she would keep herself hidden, sticking to the shadows and even employing her special trait.

(Action: No talky, just go go to those bandits! Chameleon skin activate and sneaking being stealthy.)

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthony turned slightly when Alexia spoke to him, though stopped himself from turning fully to look at her, keeping her at the edge of his peripheral vision. He didn't want to look at her, lest he start to lust after her more than he already did - especially now that he knew she knew his feelings for her, and returned no such interest - nor the esteem to keep from using them against him were he to anger her.

Now that Lady Summerset was gone, the oppressive feeling that he was just a minion for his pink snake captain started to niggle at his thoughts again. And from her speech, it sounded to him like she thought him incapable of a simple hike through the underbrush, too! That he was a burden.

"Yes, Captain Alexia," he replied again... as blandly as he could, lest he make his frustration known to the serpent, and vex her further. After all - she might already be considering demanding his absence, mightn't she? If he didn't want him around - couldn't even attempt to make her grow fonder - if she hated him enough to not even allow him to be near her, what would he do?

Thankfully that goblin wasn't bothering him also. Man, fuck that goblin.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And so the group proceeded through the forest. There were a few rivers, and dangers along the way, such as a pack of boars, but the bird seemed to lead the group around such obstacles. The bandit hideout seemed very close, as Eeyie would spot tracks around the general area, most heading towards where the bird was going. Boot tracks too, no doubt the bandits.

Still, there'd be a little ways yet to go. The pack of boars were too far away to notice the group due to the bird's assistance, so they could go and fight them for their precious darkhearts and tusks, or they could simply continue onwards. In which case, a rock formation would come into view, with a single wooden door seemingly leading into a cave.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

With their goblin tracker and assistant bird, the group made good progress around the forest trails, a thing that lifted Cassandra's spirits good enough. The varying members of the group were not arguing over stupid things, instead focusing on a common goal like a good team should have to begin with. Their search eventually yielded results, and it appeared that they had found what they were looking for. There appeared to be other possibilities as well, the previously evaded boar pack presenting itself as a thing to do. The chesty cleric knew that the pigs might have valuables on them, but she was against attacking innocent wildlife for such selfish material gains.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wild boar sounded pretty tasty right about now.

At the same time, taking the time out to go murder them was assuredly going to be a loud venture, and, nearing the bandit's camp as they were, that seemed like a bad idea. Not to mention, if any of them got gored, they would have to deal with that injury going into battle against a dozen some bandits - not an auspicious prospect.

They could probably come back and kill the beasts afterwards, anyway. Anthony steered his path to avoid disturbing the swine.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With half of the group proceeding onwards, it'd be foolhardy to take on the creatures, and so they proceeded towards the hideout. Getting closer, without a soul in sight, and within plenty of cover, trees, rocks and the like, suddenly a bolt whipped by, and struck the white bird that guided them. The little creature fell to the ground with a thud, and a crossbow bolt in it's body. It seemed that the bandits were under the strong impression that the four heroes would come looking for them.

They saw movement through the forestry, but no direct sign of any bandit. However, Alexia's sharp eyes would catch a single bandit making his way quickly away, towards where the boars were located. He used a lot of cover, and nearly evaded being seen, still unknown to Anthony, Eeyie and Cassandra, but he still moved with a purpose.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Walking through the forest, Anthony seemed to feel his attention drift some, as if he were in a daze. Watching the bird, tramping through the undergrowth, the white shape in the branches alighting a moment to wait for them before flying off again... it was strange. When it was skewered with a bolt, Anthony watched it fall, almost as if it were in slow motion, until it hit the loam-and-moss-covered carpet of the forest. He watched it simply lie there, before looking up and glancing at the rest of the party. He expected an ambush, or someone to say something... anything. He even thought the bird might spring back to life - after all, it was but a golem of a sort, merely strange power from Lady Summerset, manifested into a bird, was it not? The air seemed pregnant, and as it slowly dawned on him what had happened, Anthony's eyes grew wider and more alert, until at last, he turned to the rest of the group. "Who shot that?!"

It was so odd. The forest was still so tranquil. It seemed as if THE WORLD WERE STOPPED, AND MERELY WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING, as the quiet stretched out and became more pronounced, now that the sudden whizzing of the crossbow bolt was absent once more.

Anthony grabbed the bold skewering the dead bird, also - perhaps they might be able to use it to track the shooter?

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The thud of the crossbow and the falling bird were enough to put the pink naga on high alert. She gripped her weapon tightly and ducked her head down somewhat. “Heads down and get in the bushes” As she relayed those orders, her vision caught sight of the potential avian assassin. The man was heading back into the woods. Damn it, that left them with a sticky situation. They could pursue the man, but he could be leading them into a trap. “Everyone press forward and stay under cover. Use whatever means you can to stay hidden. Rocks, trees, bushes , branches. I don't care. Their base has to up ahead” Not even wanting to hear any objection, the naga proceeded forward. She stuck to heavy brush cover as best she could, keeping her upper half low as she moved forward, hoping her team would not be too far off.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eeyie who had been sneaking about would flinch at the sight of the bird falling and dying even as the goblin girl acknowledge Pinkie's words. The Goblin girl would easily blend into her surrounding cover and continue her stealthy stalk.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

A sudden death alarmed Cassandra that they were suddenly in a situation. Where the attackers were and how many was another deal entirely, but Alexia had apparently caught sight of one. Making way to cover behind a nearby tree, she looked at the situation and waited to see what would happen, paying attention to the surroundings as good as possible.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alexia Hanover: HP = 87, PP = 67, EP = 45, Status = Fine

Cassandra: HP = 40, PP = 65, EP = 85, Status = Fine

Eeyie: HP = 56, PP = 38, EP = 38, Status = Fine

Super Hair Man: HP = 0/46, PP = 38, EP = 48, Status = ALL IS LOST, SUPER HAIR MAN HAS FALLEN

Rolls:
Cassandra
(Stealth vs. Bandits): ???

(Perception vs. Bandits): The eyes, they detect nothing.

Cassandra sees the six bandits who are attacking, once they have blown their stealth.

Alexia
(Perception vs. Bandits): SUCCESS! Alexia sees yon bandits hiding in the bushes.

(Stealth vs. Bandits): Failed

Three rise from in front of Alexia, right from the rocks, bushes and trees, and suddenly rush at her with clubs! Alexia has time to react.

Eeyie
(Stealth vs. Bandits): ???

(Perception vs. Bandits): She sees nothing at first, but when the six bandits who attack Anthony and Cassandra appear, she obviously sees them.

Anthony
(Perception vs. Bandits): Anthony only learns the direction of the bandits, but their hidden location remains hidden.

(Stealth vs. Bandits): Failed

Three bandits rise from the cover of the trees above, revealing themselves, and all open fire at Anthony!

(Damage): Anthony is pelted with a bunch of blunt, non-lethal bullets, and Anthony is ko'd.

ALL IS LOST, SUPER HAIR MAN HAS FALLEN, RETREAT!

The heroes made their attempt at stealth, but with the apparent exceptions of Eeyie and Cassandra, they were easily seen. Bandits rose from behind the trees above, standing on thick branches as they fired heavy pellets that left marks on Anthony's skin as they collided with him. One may have hurt a lot, but three sent him into shock, knocking the poor lover of snakes out cold for the bandits to victimize later.

In front of Alexia, it seemed to be a mutual exchange as she saw three bandits, and they saw her. With that, the three human bandits rushed out at her to meet her, clubs in their hands as they went to try and fight her.

All the while this was happening, with Alexia in the middle of the fray, Cassandra and Eeyie were left undisturbed.

Three bandits with rifles.
Three bandits with clubs.
One bandit seen only by Alexia presumably running off towards the boars.

Five bandits unaccounted for.