What's new

Take up arms – it is time to Defend ULMF!

Host

Lurker
Reputation score
For those in the know about the game, I am unofficially adopting Burrito_of_Doom!’s freeform RP baby as its Host, with a good deal of help from my Co-GM, Pale.

For those who wonder what the hell the above sentence is on about: Defend ULMF is a freeform RP created by Burrito_of_Doom! that centres around the defence of our beloved forum from the ever-present threat of addbots. Its charm came from the fact that it was both very open, allowing most characters regardless of lore - basically allowing everyone to play a character that they love with a fairly high level of allowed strength - and the simple fact that it was a fun and engaging RP all around.

The problem was that, like many RPs, due to various complications, people running and playing the game had to abandon it... until, finally, there weren’t enough people left to run the game. Hence, as I said in the first sentence, I plan to unofficially continue the game.
The original can still be found under “Burrito’s RPs” in the RP section, and can be a fairly good read at times, though it certainly isn’t required reading for someone who wants to play.

There is a decent amount of backstory behind the plot, especially regarding ULMF itself. It is not necessary to know most of the backstory to play in the RP. Basically, all you need to know is:
“It’s about ULMF, it takes place on the Internet, and the universe generally acts similar to ours, except things are more likely to follow tropes. Your character can be basically anything as long as they aren’t overpowered.”
You will also need to know the forum’s background if you plan to be from ULMF, though no character does actually have to be from ULMF. The TLDR version of ULMFs history is:
“Lurkers attacked the forum, LineMarvel vanished, the first forum blew up. The second forum was attacked by addbots, the lurkers and ULMFers worked together and escaped. The third forum had peace, until recently when part of it was blown up by aliens.”

If this interests you, there is more information in the game's subforum. I suggest reading the Expanded Details thread to get a clearer picture of the game, though it is by no means necessary. If you're absolutely confused and/or don't know where to start, head to the OOC Thread, and don't be afraid to ask questions. That is what it's there for, after all. If you would like to play, the guidelines for creating a character are in the "Quick Start Guide & How To Create A Character" thread; it also contains all the main lore of the game, if you don't want to read the other, considerably longer threads.

Last edited:
OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Take up arms – it is time to Defend ULMF!

(Double post, I know, but the thread itself was made years ago and won't bump to the top of the list unless I add another post.)

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

ROFL, "part of it was blown up by aliens." I like that :D

As I previously mentioned, I may rejoin. Don't count on anything yet though til I can give you a definite one way or another. So for now, as far as the game timeline is concerned ... Siphon no longer exists at all.

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have to read this later, when I'm less busy....

Pale

Reputation score

I'm in.. but really, if you hadn't worked that out yet, something is wrong :p. Expect a character sheet soon. To anyone else wanting to join, you should be posting a char sheet for approval up in the appropriate thread.

Specifically this one.

See you on the battlefield ;)

P

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm in. Character sheet is mostly done, just have the backstory to finish, which is probably too long anyways. I'll try to get it up when I get home from work.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, uh, yeah. I'm practically crying, that's how happy I am that this RP is coming back to life. And yes, I'll be with it every step of the way, baby.

NOW ARM UP AND GET READY TO KILL SOME BOTS!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I dunno... will it get as ridiculously overpowered as it did last time? I remember having to make my character be able to kill a god just to stand beside some of the other characters much less fight the enemy.

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I dunno... will it get as ridiculously overpowered as it did last time? I remember having to make my character be able to kill a god just to stand beside some of the other characters much less fight the enemy.
Oddly enough, despite the potential for quite exotic characters, most of the character sheets I've seen so far - including my own and Pale's characters - are little more than skilled humans in most respects. But that besides, I plan to keep a close eye on character potency. While the storyline is somewhat on the epic side, at no point during the totality of the main plot will the player characters have to fight a god... and they certainly wouldn't be expected to win if they did.

The loose limit is half as powerful as a demi-god. Toonpimp and Supermeme are both considered as powerful as demigods, so halve their combat effectiveness and you’ve hit about the maximum power level for a character.