What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Takimaru] Despair Labyrinth

Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

• Emilia (Warrior)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Rhiannon (Berserker)

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Irine (Priest)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Lanie (Magician)

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Thyme (Sage)

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Cesca (Thief)

Votes: 63 24.0%
  • Sairyn (Martial Artist)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Asella (Paladin)

Votes: 20 7.6%

• Total voters

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.02 - Updated 8/14/2011!

is there any way we can see the purity levels of our characters? or is it just an invisible game mechanic? or set to some level for the sake of the demo?

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.02 - Updated 8/14/2011!

It's going to be an invisible game mechanic, although I will allow for an NPC or an item in the future that can let you take a glimpse into your Purity meter. However, people generally will not be able to see it for now seeing as it's still a relatively early version.

For the sake of this demo, I really just set purity levels and have not reached a 'final decision' on what events will lower it and by how much. Generally, I'm looking to make f/f scenes drop purity by a lower amount than say, a scene with a man or male monster.

Thankfully, moonblack gave me the idea of implementing a 'virgin' switch so that I can implement some more of the virginity-break scenes that I wanted in detail (without having to do the obligatory game over such as you might have seen if you lost to the first guy twice... lol).

As for the random drunk guy, that was basically me trying to test self switches, and also perhaps illustrate how they would dispose of someone; in Thyme's case, she would rely more on ingenuity instead of raw magical power, seeing as she pours alcohol over the guy to serve as a flammable agent to make him burn better.

I'm debating on whether one's 'Purity' score should influence their ability to make harsh decisions in other aspects other than sexual ones, such as in this case, value over human life. Battle-hardened soldiers like Rhiannon or Emilia may find it easier to kill than someone like say, Irine.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, obviously Irine and Asella are virgins, and I'm guessing the other two are Cesca and Sairyn?

I'm liking the scenes, very nicely written. Too bad losing to the first guy twice means death. I don't mind the game over, just the death part, since I'd think a guy wouldn't want to kill her if he knows he can keep her. But whatever, it's still a neat game so far. Looking forward to more scenes.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's exactly right. Emilia has had a lover before (who is now deceased, anyway), Rhiannon occasionally looks to one of her men for comfort, Lanie is real popular at school so she's no virgin but at the same time is really picky about who gets to 'have fun' with her, and Thyme is the mistress of a brothel, so she's very...um, down-to-earth, I guess.

Yeah, I made it a 'Game Over' in this case because I meant to save certain characters' virginity for a certain event and it was a nice easy way out at the time. I figure the guy just got too excited and has some kind of sick scarfing obsession, and couldn't control himself in the heat of the moment.

Currently I'm working on a common event, a 'dungeon room' that you go to once you are defeated in battle by a enemy with 'Veteran' or 'Slaver' in its name--that way, I can begin to implement different types of baddies (although certain species as well as men in some locales will have their own exclusive scenes). In these rooms, all kinds of women are used as 'relief' for the men.

The Redclaw Syndicate takes money offers for pretty much anyone to go in there and line up for your character, so I'm working on a unique 'opening session' type of script for each of the 8 characters right now. For some characters, their first customer might be a guy who admired them from afar, or someone seeking revenge. After this, the rest of the johns will fall in line and perhaps based on purity score, you'll then be able to give the option to just give in and enjoy it or continue to resist. Escaping the sex prison will be a very viable option, you'll just have to outrun or defeat guys who are represented by moving sprites (a la Grrl Power, I suppose, except the combat is more traditional here).

Hopefully once I get this going, it'll be easier for me to create more areas with ease, when I don't have to worry as much about having a unique scene for EVERY SINGLE enemy type out there, since I plan to put lots.

This room is likely going to take a couple weeks to implement while I learn the necessary RPGVX faculties to make it run the way I want it to, but will probably end up being a part of the next update. If it proves too cumbersome, I could always add some additional 'light' scenes (such as the one with the maid) to tide one over.

Last edited:

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Generally, I'm looking to make f/f scenes drop purity by a lower amount than say, a scene with a man or male monster.
maybe you should make a few of your characters lesbians? and take more purity damage from f/f :p but dont even think about doing this right now. You can always edit stuff like this in at the end to add variety

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Give different 'types' to different characters. Have purity be affected by these types.

Ie, lesbian would be a type, and a f/f scene would lower their purity less for example. And you can always add types later, a given person could have several types.

So lets say a scene where a girl is tied up and raped by another woman in the middle of town would decrease purity by 10. But that girl would would lose 2 less purity if she was a 'lesbian', and 2 less if she was a 'nudist' say, and 4 less if she were both. Or maybe by 2 more if she was a 'prude'

The trick with this of course is coming up with a wide enough array of types and balancing them between the girls. But if you can do so, it will really make each characters story feel different.

As a note, my example types are kinda bland, and by no means ones that should be specifically used outside of illustrating an idea. :)

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm, not a bad idea in terms of purity level adjustments. RPGVX coding wise, would there be any easy way for me to go about this? As in, is it a switch or variable? If you have any idea how to do that, it would be really helpful, since I've my hands full at the moment from writing the dungeon scenes, which are basically a small piece of fanfiction per character x_x;

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Ie, lesbian would be a type, and a f/f scene would lower their purity less for example.
I'd think that lesbians would take more purity damage from f/f... after all, they're enjoying it more.

I think you can make sexual preference a variable. like 1 is hetero, 2 is bi, 3 is les, and adjust purity hits depending on gender, which could be a variable for enemies? not sure how rpg maker works, but in programming that's how you could do this.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not sure of the mechanics, I havenet really used rpg maker vx, or really any rpg maker in the last 10 years or so :)

I probably should poke around with it honestly.

But, using other languages, there are a few ways you could do it.

you could make an two dimensional array of boolean variables, say 20 wide or however many you wanted to use, and 8 deep, one for each character, and check the relevent one when writing the event. This is pretty efficient, and easy to get your head around.

You could make a binary number to represent a set of boolean flags, and save a variable for each character as a composite of these types.
(ie, lesbian = 1, nudist = 2, prude = 4 to use my above example types, then the variable 1 = lesbian, 3 = lesbian nudist, 5 = nudist prude, etc. )
This is less overhead, but the checks require math.

Lastly, just a big old set of flags, however many there are types for each character, and check hem as appropriate. This is easiest, but kinda inefficient.

I'll try to get a chance to poke at rpgvx code and see if I can make something like it, and send you a concept sample sometime today, if I dont go back to bed :)

I'd think that lesbians would take more purity damage from f/f... after all, they're enjoying it more.
Thats a matter of perspective. Look at it this way, your probably a straight guy, would you say having sex with a woman is more or less impure than having sex with a guy for you?

Generally speaking I think most people look at sex with thier prefered gendered partner as more acceptable than with the opposite sex partner.

But even so, thats not really the point of the suggestion, honestly, it as just an example.

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thats a matter of perspective. Look at it this way, your probably a straight guy, would you say having sex with a woman is more or less impure than having sex with a guy for you?

Generally speaking I think most people look at sex with thier prefered gendered partner as more acceptable than with the opposite sex partner.
I understand what you mean, but the way I think of it, each rape is bringing the heroines closer to being mindblown fucktoys. It's BECAUSE they are being sexed by their prefered genders that they're enjoying it more, slowly forgetting their original mission, eventually devolving into sex craving addicts.

sure, getting sexed by a gender you aren't attracted to might feel more impure, but at the same time, because you aren't technically attracted to them, I doubt you'd feel the lure of drowning in pleasure as much as if you were up against someone of your prefered gender.

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Cesca's statements so far already make it seem as though she is a lesbian. I was actually intending to ask about that.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey guys. Questions, just personal opinions is all.
Wish I could take a poll on this instead but already used that for the 'favorite character' deal.

1.) Would you rather have the options to enjoy, resist, etc. be based on purity level during the H-scenes or simply have them implemented from the get-go to give you some amount of 'control' over your character?

2.) So far I have written all the scenes referring to the player character as 'you', for a sense of immersion I guess. Would you rather have it as 'her'?

3.) Would you be interested in seeing 'sex attacks' during battle?

Attached is a peek at what I'm working on; unique scenes (mostly) for each of the characters during captivity. It's... a lotta writing, yeesh.
Yeah, it's somewhat implied that Cesca prefers women I would say. If there was a lesbian 'attribute' to ever be implemented in the future, she would have it.

Attachments

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

1. I have no real comment on this.

2. Immersion is good and I write all my stories as "you" I think it makes it hotter.

3. Not really. Well actually maybe. I'm kind of torn here.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm not sure of the mechanics, I havenet really used rpg maker vx, or really any rpg maker in the last 10 years or so :)

I probably should poke around with it honestly.

But, using other languages, there are a few ways you could do it.

you could make an two dimensional array of boolean variables, say 20 wide or however many you wanted to use, and 8 deep, one for each character, and check the relevent one when writing the event. This is pretty efficient, and easy to get your head around.

You could make a binary number to represent a set of boolean flags, and save a variable for each character as a composite of these types.
(ie, lesbian = 1, nudist = 2, prude = 4 to use my above example types, then the variable 1 = lesbian, 3 = lesbian nudist, 5 = nudist prude, etc. )
This is less overhead, but the checks require math.

Lastly, just a big old set of flags, however many there are types for each character, and check hem as appropriate. This is easiest, but kinda inefficient.

I'll try to get a chance to poke at rpgvx code and see if I can make something like it, and send you a concept sample sometime today, if I dont go back to bed :)

But even so, thats not really the point of the suggestion, honestly, it as just an example.
Well i tried something similar awhile ago but now i'm sorta rusty with rpg maker.

If you don't want to go for complexity, the easy way would be to do this is conditional branch's via common events. Only problem is that it would require a max variable set value( and i'm not sure how to do this yet) for a shared purity value say 100 is the max.

So lets say purity is set for the 100 max and one of the characters is a lesbian and is being raped by a male character the player in general deducts more say 12 to the purity than the else in the conditional in the else section more conditionals determine what class and what purity damage is for the other class say 8 for heterosexual whereas a slut class would be 6 etc.

you can also determine game overs by when you reach 0 value on purity by certain class's for each enemy also in a conditional.

attachment is a simple example without scripts i did in less than 10 minutes I'd make it perfect but i don't have the time right now

Attachments

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ooh, that's very helpful. Thanks!

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

1. I would prefer from the get-go!

2. Using "You" for immersion is alright.

3. Ohhhhh yes, very much so!

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

1.) Would you rather have the options to enjoy, resist, etc. be based on purity level during the H-scenes or simply have them implemented from the get-go to give you some amount of 'control' over your character?

2.) So far I have written all the scenes referring to the player character as 'you', for a sense of immersion I guess. Would you rather have it as 'her'?

1. I think a combination works. Ie, if the options were 'resist, accept, and enjoy' the high purity character gets resist and accept, the low purity character gets accept and enjoy, and the middle character can chose any of the three, but all characters should get some choices, no matter how pure or impure they are (they gotta have options that let them change their purity value after all)

2. You is the right way to write this, keep on with what you are doing, it works.

3. Some sex attacks during battle would be cool, as unique aspects of certain monsters or the like (a succubus with a kiss attack or a slime with a disolve clothing attack or the like), but not as a 'every monster tries to play with your boobies with every action' style that some games use, it wouldnt make sense for say a bandit to do anything but try to subdue you normally then rape you.

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys. Questions, just personal opinions is all.
Wish I could take a poll on this instead but already used that for the 'favorite character' deal.

1. depends on how you implement it? oberon's idea of three choices that differ depending on purity is a way to go about it. You can also implement the orientations... for example high purity lesbian wouldn't be able to enjoy male rape.

However you can also make it so at the highest purity level, it's automatically set on resist, maybe at like 66% purity level, you can resist or accept, which may then affect how much purity damage you take depending on the enemy (ie, brutal type might do more purity damage when you resist, as it crushes your resistance easily and makes you feel helpless, as opposed to seduction type might do more purity damage if you don't resist, since you'll be more relaxed and will enjoy it more) Then perhaps starting from 33% it automatically accepts.

using this method, without actually telling people their "purity level", the player can have an idea of how close to game over they are. not to mention, if they're immersed, they'll feel their character "break" over time *insert feral grin* I don't like to have an option to enjoy because it gives me the idea that my character can control her arousal. Which... isn't as hot, imo, as being forced to enjoy it :p which is implied otherwise.

2. "you" is better. she is waaay too objective, it'll make the player not care for the character.

3. (see Oberon's 3rd answer, my opinion's identical)

btw i think sairyn's a bit op... too much physical defense, double physical attack with the log, stun type skill... she has too much :( or what is she weak to magic?

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks for all the input guys, very much appreciated.
Also, kinda random but I noticed people on these boards are a little more in favor of Irine than on some other forums, whereas they are more in favor of Rhiannon on LoK. Lol

Agreed, I think Sairyn's REALLY OP. She has Super Guard, which I'm going to disable (and basically leave only Asella with, as she is the high-DEF class) as well as Double Attack, as I imagined her to always hit with like, a one-two punch or something; I was thinking Final Fantasy Tactics for some reason. But don't worry, I'll tweak her a bit.

After looking at the database, I actually think I did okay on the stat growth (the characters look pretty good to me), I just feel that the starting stats really need some work as even adding 2-3 to base attack apparently changes the difficulty of the battle a good deal.

Oberon has a really good idea behind the choices. The choices are something I've received lots of requests for, and would be really, really easy to implement--that is, outside of involving the Purity score, lol (which would mean additional conditional event pages). But the characters, to me at least, seem to have minds of their own so I obviously would not go with a 'OHYAH I LIEK THIS' option for girls like say, Cesca or Irine, especially not off the bat.
It's also easy for me to make it so that choosing certain options will actually affect your Purity score.
I just finished the writing part of everyone's scenes, now to implement them in the game. The opening dungeon scene tends to illustrate a bit of the character's personality so I'm going to see how that pans out with the choices and what not.

I had someone suggest to put first person as in "I / me" instead of the "you / your", but honestly, I think any perspective changes at this point would simply be too much work for me, so 'you' it is.

As for number 3, fair enough. Plus, if I use it that way, I'll still be able to have continuity (as in, no wondering why the bandit, gargoyle and pikeman didn't try to rape you mid battle).

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

another quick interesting idea for the endgame I just thought of is, what if there's a secret trigger for a different ending? for example, if purity is at bare minimum (like if it was out of 100, then 5 or less left) before the final boss fite (i'm assuming there's a boss b4 u can save princess), then you might have an option to "exchange" the princess for yourself, and the ending story sequence might describe how although the princess was returned, the bandits flooded over the entire kingdom, subjugating it, with YOU as its commander. then there could be a final scene where your character's kneeling down to "worship" ... umm... whoever the boss guy of the bandits is.

although yea..... not going to be any useful anytime soon.. wish my imagination worked sequentially