What's new

Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

"Possible, but that also brings up another disturbing thought. This thing outwardly appears to be a fungal creature, but has properties of other life forms. Which begs the question, could this be an artificial, created lifeform? Does anyone know when this place was operational what the hell they were working on down here?"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"You willing to protect me back to my Ship Mistman?" she said turning to leave.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We'll go as soon as Thall get's back with the containment unit to hold this creature in. Don't want to run the risk of losing his specimen here."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"That's fine with me. i just don't want to run into anymore." she shudders.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'd prefer not to run into anymore of them myself, but if we do I know how to get rid of them now, that's got to count for something, right?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Senkek follows Kars along towards engineering. His bag of parts behind him held out of the path of the jet pack's flames.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The Alliance didn't know of the fungal creatures until a few months ago. This space station here, on the other hand, has been down for more than three years. The fungus seem to have a basic nervous system which gives them some intelligence. Actually..." Mara brings up a new window on her visor. "Judging from the sample that Thall took the nervous system of that creature is further advanced than that of the normal, brown variety. It evolved."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Lovely, your saying this is the new improved version of what has been attacking ships? Just wonderful."

Draven is definitely not happy with this turn of events, and he regards the corpse with a bit more wariness now.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Oh goody." Krysta said with obvious Sarcasm, "So there could be more dangerous things out there like this? A whole hive of them on this hunk of space debris?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well maybe they didn't evolve all at once, or it's a mutation. Can't tell you exactly. Only thing sure is that it's not made by the Alliance."
---
Resounding steps announce Thall's return. He has turned his boots almost off and leaps up the stairs in big jumps. As he comes to a halt before the creature he makes a short, whistling noise. "That sure is more fun than walking all the time." He kneels down next to the spore and places something that looks like a dice with a hole in each side on the ground. With a hum he turns it, presses here and there - and suddenly a shield bubble comes into existance, quickly engulfing the spore. "There, that should do it."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

About this time, Viper nears the group that is headed for the bridge. As he gets close, his rifle shifts to point upward, away from the group. "Back. Ready to proceed as needed."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nods then turns to Krysta. "Alright, looks like we are ready to go, shall we?"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta nodded, and turned to leave.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Krysta turns to leave, something catches her eye. A construct of pipes and cylindrical parts that doesn't seem to belong in the otherwise rather featureless infirmary. Could that be the emergency generator?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta blinked at the device and walked over to it, "Hey Mistman!" Can you tell me if this is what i think it is?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven turns to look, following her gaze. "I'll be damned, that seems to be a power generator of some sorts. Let's see if we can get it working shall we? Hey Thall, you know more about the human generators this place would have, mind giving us a hand here?"

"Copy that Mara. Let us pray then that was the only one of it's type, or at least if there are more, they aren't superior to this one."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She let out a slight burst of hysterical laughter. "Well, all that trouble and we find a backup."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Knowledge is my purpose." It's not quite clear if Thall is sarcastic as he enters and looks at the generator. "That's an old Putzki Generator. Cold Fusion. Not very effective, but enough to power the bay. As soon as it's turned on a containment shield will be created that keeps in the air, but lets people and objects pass through." He looks around. "There must be a palladium staff nearby. It's needed for the generator. Ah." He walks over to a locked box and frowns. "Just great. The old crew must have taken the key with them."
---
Nadia nods at Viper and shoulders her weapon. "Well, we should get going again. The sooner we get this running, the better." The group heads to another door, this one labelled "Stairway 3". "We're gonna to get up a few levels next."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Sanya followed behind, her weapon still drawn. She was only a little paranoid of any more. She certainly hoped that whatever the others had fought was a mutation rather than an evolution.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

(Just as a note, Kars only needs to infrequently give the slightest bursts from his pack so long as its in zero g.)

"Right, this must be the shaft, engineering should be at the bottom. Might as well wait here... This is the generator gang, we're now waiting outside engineering."

Kars leans over shining his helmet torch down the ladder. "So what happens if our Telarin pal ran into trouble on the way back to us eh?"