What's new

Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Random Idea I had to get out of my head before I start obsessing over it.

lastly- this is the second time i was tricked. i am too damn naive. i was actually gonna make a power point
Well, the power point thing wasn't exactly serious, but making a diagram about the way you want to proceed in developing a project is a functional way to understand the amount of work that is in front of you and gives you a chance to divide the work on a daily or weekly basis, this way you can understand how to take a pace that is more in line with your personality and real life. This means being organized, most people throw themselves in a project doing all the work they mentally and physically can till they drop dead in the beginning and as an obvious consequence they begin to lose interest, decide to take a break and will find it hard to restart. You need to first understand your limits and then adapt your schedule in a way that let's you dedicate some time to your project but won't destroy your passion in the process.
Making a game is not like drawing a picture or writing a book, it requires making many small things and being able to put them together so they fit with each other, so you have to have a clear idea of what you want to be in the game, because if you decide to add something at a later time it might cause troubles with the rest of what you already did.
Also keeping a log is a good idea, keeping track of your work will not only help if you meet some compatibility problems, but also give you a reminder of how much you already did, which in some cases can help psychologically.
This comes from my personal experience with RPGM2K, which really used to be a pain in the ass.

It doesn't need to be a powerpoint, but keeping your workload organized and healthy is what will most likely make the difference between you completing the game or not.;)

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, the power point thing wasn't exactly serious, but making a diagram about the way you want to proceed in developing a project is a functional way to understand the amount of work that is in front of you and gives you a chance to divide the work on a daily or weekly basis, this way you can understand how to take a pace that is more in line with your personality and real life. This means being organized, most people throw themselves in a project doing all the work they mentally and physically can till they drop dead in the beginning and as an obvious consequence they begin to lose interest, decide to take a break and will find it hard to restart. You need to first understand your limits and then adapt your schedule in a way that let's you dedicate some time to your project but won't destroy your passion in the process.
Making a game is not like drawing a picture or writing a book, it requires making many small things and being able to put them together so they fit with each other, so you have to have a clear idea of what you want to be in the game, because if you decide to add something at a later time it might cause troubles with the rest of what you already did.
Also keeping a log is a good idea, keeping track of your work will not only help if you meet some compatibility problems, but also give you a reminder of how much you already did, which in some cases can help psychologically.
This comes from my personal experience with RPGM2K, which really used to be a pain in the ass.

It doesn't need to be a powerpoint, but keeping your workload organized and healthy is what will most likely make the difference between you completing the game or not.;)
wise words sensei. and thank you. cause what you said was what i did exactly, throw myself in this pool of work not knowing how to swim. nearly drowned and died too. but now im slowly learning the basics. in 2 weeks i should know how to do simple things, and tomorrow i will buy a drawing pad so ltr i will be able to begin some rough sketches. idk where to write this down though ( looks around room somewhere) maybe an empty notebook. soon this game will be up and running, and i can't over work myself.

Current goal, learn the basics

and thanx for the encouragement. :D

edit:New goal, find an already made game off of game maker and dissect it.....muhahahah.... tomorrow./ now i must enter a deep and restful slumber

Last edited:

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I decided today to use my project as insurance for yours. Im gonna make the sprites for my enemys last. That way, if you fail miserably for any reason, Ill just make my game into an H-game to avoid the thread being a total waste. Needless to say it wont be anything like what you guys are planning but some H-game is better than no H-game. My style is a little different as well. I love how fun BlankBlood is and that is the style Im always aiming for (Gameplay-wise not content).

Anyways get back to work Neko, I expect so see something running one week from today.

(Setting specific goals is one of the most important parts of being organized. EX: Im making one set of sprites each day. That way, I have a pretty good idea when im going to be done making all my sprites without overworking myself.)

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The official bio for Tentacle-tan:

Name: Tina (Last name not important and this name will only be used for a few moments in the prologue)/Tentacle-tan

Appearance: TBA

History: Tentacle-tan was born in a loving family in a small town. She has a mother and a father but no brothers or sisters. Through some strange cosmic event she was cursed. For an unknown reason a perverted race of creatures called tentacles are sexually attracted to her beyond all reason. Her entire life she has been hounded by these creatures. She was given basic training with her father's (Weapon TBA) to ward off these creatures. On her 19th birthday a letter arrived at her house. It was from someone claiming to be the legendary Wisp king. It stated that there was a way to remove her curse and that the wisp king would be willing to do so if she traveled to his kingdom. The journey would be long and arduous and made worse by the fact that the tentacles weren't going to let her go without a fight. She grabbed her trusty (Weapon TBA) and headed out determined to end this nightmare.

(That's all I have anything else you need?)

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I decided today to use my project as insurance for yours. Im gonna make the sprites for my enemys last. That way, if you fail miserably for any reason, Ill just make my game into an H-game to avoid the thread being a total waste. Needless to say it wont be anything like what you guys are planning but some H-game is better than no H-game. My style is a little different as well. I love how fun BlankBlood is and that is the style Im always aiming for (Gameplay-wise not content).

Anyways get back to work Neko, I expect so see something running one week from today.

(Setting specific goals is one of the most important parts of being organized. EX: Im making one set of sprites each day. That way, I have a pretty good idea when im going to be done making all my sprites without overworking myself.)
ok. In a week or two i should have the mechanics down. i learned how to move, next is jump. Also,i bought the bamboo pad today, so when im ready to draw the sprites, i could start. It feels so weird to use it im going to do rough sketches for the character though(her face mostly). couldn't work much today but im going to download a gamemaker game now so i can dissect it later in about 18 hours.

The official bio for Tentacle-tan:

Name: Tina (Last name not important and this name will only be used for a few moments in the prologue)/Tentacle-tan

Appearance: TBA

History: Tentacle-tan was born in a loving family in a small town. She has a mother and a father but no brothers or sisters. Through some strange cosmic event she was cursed. For an unknown reason a perverted race of creatures called tentacles are sexually attracted to her beyond all reason. Her entire life she has been hounded by these creatures. She was given basic training with her father's (Weapon TBA) to ward off these creatures. On her 19th birthday a letter arrived at her house. It was from someone claiming to be the legendary Wisp king. It stated that there was a way to remove her curse and that the wisp king would be willing to do so if she traveled to his kingdom. The journey would be long and arduous and made worse by the fact that the tentacles weren't going to let her go without a fight. She grabbed her trusty (Weapon TBA) and headed out determined to end this nightmare.

(That's all I have anything else you need?)
that paints a clearer picture for me. now my question is clothes. i can draw her face, but what type of clothes should she wear? i decided im going to draw two types of the character, one naked and one with clothes , or we could make up a scenario that when she tarted her journey she was assaulted and she managed to escape, but she lost her clothes, so she must travel through the game without em.

eDIT; Maybe its just me being tired but i can't seem to find a game to dissect. i downloaded this game call green and gray whatever because it has same of the mechanics that i need. but i can't edit it

i need that game and another side scroller where enemies are involved and they get hit

Last edited:

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Also,i bought the bamboo pad today, so when im ready to draw the sprites, i could start. It feels so weird to use it
Yeah it is weird at first. I usually draw my picture on paper, place the paper on the tablet, and then trace/sketch the picture onto the computer. Makes it alot easier for me.

Who knows? You may be the next great H-game maker (after alot of practice of course).

"Weapon tba"... "apperence tba".... That sure gives ya a lot to go off of for drawing. Draw everything except for her weapon and the way she looks. Wow that was quick!

haha jumping... seems like just yesturday I was learning to jump... "What is this... I dont even..." good times....

Last edited:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Beginner game design via brute force?

...I like it! Even though this project is cursed with the awesome that is trying to learn as you go and having a whole lot of inspiration which may not hold out, I'm always excited to see people actually get together and start a game somehow. And I'm totally willing to support you guys, excpt that...um...I'm more of an RPG kind of guy (story, character development, event coding, battle systems, etc.), so I'm not sure that there's a damn thing I could do that would be of any benefit to you. I have my hands somewhat full man-handling another project I inherited anyway, but while what ToxicShock says is logical, I'm going to be blindly optimistic and say go the distance...however far that is.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

eDIT; Maybe its just me being tired but i can't seem to find a game to dissect. i downloaded this game call green and gray whatever because it has same of the mechanics that i need. but i can't edit it

i need that game and another side scroller where enemies are involved and they get hit
Oh not cool... Now Im doing your research for you. 30 seconds on Google and I found this.

A mario game that you can actually dissect and figure out how it works. I already checked it out and verfied that it is what you are looking for (Main character Mario is hidden in the koopa folder under objects).

Features jumping, moving, killing enemies... Its not a very good game but its more than enough to get you started.

Enjoy.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh not cool... Now Im doing your research for you. 30 seconds on Google and I found this.

A mario game that you can actually dissect and figure out how it works. I already checked it out and verfied that it is what you are looking for (Main character Mario is hidden in the koopa folder under objects).

Features jumping, moving, killing enemies... Its not a very good game but its more than enough to get you started.

Enjoy.
Or right next to the download there is are tutorials to download, the platformer tutorial had a lot of good stuff for learning the basics.

I picked the game up in a couple days, and am making a reasonable beginning of a game, the gamemaker tool is very nice and easy to learn.

-Oberon

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Appearance tba announced because I was intending to leave her appearance up to the animator because i figured it would be easier to draw something you created then something dictated by someone else. and yeah I really just can't decide what weapon she should use...

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ok, i have a lot to reply to:

1) I will be the next Hentai game creator, Believe IT!!!

2) Thank rydin32 for the help. i forgot i could use Google as a searching source. that tells me i was so out of it last night. didn't even think of that.

3) Thanx Oberon for the heads up on the tutorial. I need all the help i can get to master this system sooner than anticipated.

4) And AngelKara, what do you think if we said that the curse that the girl got actually gave her some weird magic that allowed her to make a mystical bean sword appear around her arm at will. it would be easeir to draw the rape sprites that way because i didn't know what i would do with her weapon once she was caught

5) nobody said anything about the clothes situation for her....

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The idea of her being able to create her weapon kind of clashes with the storyline but it could also work with a few minor alterations.

As for the idea of her being naked It's an intriguing idea and does make sense especially considering that if she wasn't naked the shock tentacle would be kind of impossible. I say go with it for both of them. I really am glad you're doing all this for me Neko.

AMDKurt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Kara: You seems to have a lot of ideas and you seem eager to create games, that is good, but i feel that i must warn you about something. Do not create too complex game ideas until your team knows how to implement them in code and graphics. About a year ago i launched a project similar to this one, make a fighting game in game maker. It fell apart after a month. The reason to this was the following:
1. The guy that worked on the graphics underestimated the amount of time it took to make animations.
2. The game engine was unsuitable for the project.
3. The designer lost interest and began drawing manga instead.
4. The built-in functions in game maker limited my ability to manipulate the program the way i wanted.

I am not saying that all this definitely will happen to your team, but be prepared that it might.

There is a couple of ways to avoid this.
1. Start simple, don't get carried away by ambition of making the next hit game.
2. Patience, programming takes time to learn, even simple "programming" done in game maker.
3. make sure that the guy working on the graphics knows exactly how much work it is doing animation and how hard it is.
4. Since you are all learning the basics, stick with game maker. It is a good engine for learning how to make games.
5. make sure you keep the team together and that you organize everything. For example:
PersonA = programmer/game maker guy
PersonB = graphics guy
PersonC = idea guy

Day 1:
PersonB makes test graphics(not real graphics, just stick guys or something)
PersonA starts to work on implementing stick guy graphics into game while B begin working on real graphics
PersonC Work on the story that does not impact the graphics PersonB is working on or the levels PersonA is working on.

Hope this wasn't too long to read, good luck with your game guys! ^_^

//AMDKurt

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This would be really useful information if I was in charge of this but really all I did is put the idea out there. I would be the idea girl. There's not really any team either there's me and Neko who volunteered to make it (Again thanks)...

AMDKurt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As long as it its 2 or more persons that work together to make a game i'd call that a team.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Alright either way though the fact still stands I'm not in charge. I just gave the idea.

AMDKurt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok, well it's an interesting concept, it would make a great game i think. I was a bit sceptical to game maker since it's GUI based, so instead of typing dozens of lines of code you click a button. But then i played Nanocrisis and found out that the engine actually was really good for platformers and sidescrollers. If i would remember any of the gml (Game maker built-in scripting language) i used to know i'd offer my help on this one but unfortunately it was like a year since i used gml and i don't remember anything about it except that you didn't have to declare variable types lol.

But if you need any help on design patterns i think i could be of some use :3

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I actually have no idea what I need to make this game (and as such had no intent to actually make it as stated multiple times before) any help in actually bringing this to life would be welcomed

AMDKurt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've sent ya a mail on some story design and presentation patterns kara.

Neko, do you want some advice on creating game graphics?

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Neko, do you want some advice on creating game graphics?
Id hold off on that for now. Let him learn one skill before you give him another project. After all, He only has one week to make a functioning enviroment.

I was going through al the old posts to make sure you guys were on task and I noticed something that it seems you still havent resolved yet (something really important too!). Kara is seeing this game as being a platformer simular to MilaWars but Neco is seeing it as a fixed scroller like Jungle Girl. Now is a very good time to decide which one its going to be!

Also somethign to think about. What is the art style going to be like?
Drawn like Jungle Girl?
or 16-bit style like MillaWars?