What's new

Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Random Idea I had to get out of my head before I start obsessing over it.

Alright here ya go.
.gmk file of previous sample with a few small changes.
Its not a .exe file so most people wont be able to run it (Youre not missing anything).
Also I have to stress the importance of not using the sprites I included in this sample.
If you have questions about any of the lines just ask and Ill try my best to explain it in detail.

In other news my real game is comming along quite nicley! Almost finished with the first level and even started playing with some sprites and designs for the second.

Character-wise I finished the jump sprites (still need to do falling) and even made one h-death.

No official enemies yet. Although I did jot one down in my philosophy notebook last week that I may trace into paint with the tablet and start making 16-bit.
All pretty straightforward stuff, not even any scripts, I guess it really comes down to having good images, I really wish I were more artistic, it would be so much easier to make things work if I could nudge the graphics even a little :)

On the plus side, I finished building the menu system for my pg game (ie the one I play with while I'm at work, so I cant play with anything H-content wise) today.

oh, and the knockback being at an angle up instead of straight back is so obvious in hindsight, but not as obvious as you might think otherwise, I will definately change that.

-Oberon

Last edited:

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

All pretty straightforward stuff, not even any scripts, I guess it really comes down to having good images, I really wish I were more artistic, it would be so much easier to make things work if I could nudge the graphics even a little :)

On the plus side, I finished building the menu system for my pg game (ie the one I play with while I'm at work, so I cant play with anything H-content wise) today.

oh, and the knockback being at an angle up instead of straight back is so obvious in hindsight, but not as obvious as you might think otherwise, I will definately change that.

-Oberon
Yeah I tried to do everything as simple as possible for a begginer. Believe it or not, its actually hard to do things so simple. I bet if I were creative enough and had enough time to experement, I could make my entire game without using scripts.

Maybe tommorow Ill post a quick tutorial on how I make my sprites. It may help ya out (and it wont be that much of a pain for me because I have to make some new ones tommorow anyways).

Heh my real game is my PG game as well as my H-game. It gets confusing sometimes.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I tried to do everything as simple as possible for a begginer. Believe it or not, its actually hard to do things so simple. I bet if I were creative enough and had enough time to experement, I could make my entire game without using scripts.

Maybe tommorow Ill post a quick tutorial on how I make my sprites. It may help ya out (and it wont be that much of a pain for me because I have to make some new ones tommorow anyways).

Heh my real game is my PG game as well as my H-game. It gets confusing sometimes.
I'm always willing to learn more about making sprites, but I'm not very artistic. I can do the under the hood stuff pretty well, but I pretty much only know how to use someone else's sprites. And lacking the finesse with the graphics can make an otherwise solid game program-wise suck.

Its been a little while since I've gotten an infusion of new graphics for the game I am working on, and I'm looking forward to trying all kinds of new things I've worked out on the non-h game.

I think I could easily make a castlevania-sotn style equipment menu for it now, tho I dont know that we are planning anything so complex any time soon.

-Oberon

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

.......hey....
rydin32, for some reason, i forgot to download the file. i wrote the message, but i was called for important bull shit and i never clicked to download, just locked my computer until now. came back and remembered that i didn't download it and ... its gone. is there any possible way for you to temporary re-post it then delete it?

if you cant its totally fine

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah no problem.

Up again let me know when you have it.

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

fully downloaded. i actually got it now
thanx

EDIT: RYDIN32 you awesome. im looking at the file, and im half getting it, but its only half case i skimmed it. one thing i understand is that you set dr to 0 when left key was pressed and then dr to 1 when right key. so when you make a statement like, if dr =1 change to sprite (whatchamacallit)....makes sense to me.

starting to some what understand variables. just gotta get gravity and friction down. that will be my next mission

you probably already told me this, but i never saw and connected it together for myself. im kinda a visual learner.... somewhat

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i dont mean to (x2) post but i want you to know that im still here. had not had free time lately but tomorrow i will be workin on the game more. do not lose hope.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm still here as well although busy. I'm still trying to come up with and flesh out enemy ideas...

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah seems like a busy week for everyone. After I finish working on my speech tonight Ill throw toghter a quick sprite making tutorial as promised if its not too late. How is the game portion comming along? Any more problem areas?

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

sorry to keep you guys waiting. i haven't been able to make any progress, or even touch my computer until today. i had cough the Sick. I'm calling "it" The Sick because i don't know what the fuck i caught. it took me down...HARD. Couldn't do shit for 4 days. I blame it on this weather, it seems that it cant make up its mind on whether it wants to be warm, hot, or cold. I'm still sick, but i can move, eat, comprehend and respond normally. So by tomorrow i should have something for the game progress. sry for yet again, keeping you guys waiting. I feel like I'm letting you all down

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Eh I haven't gotten anything done recently either so no worries...

Actually nvm just figured out how to implement a new mechanic and new enemy.

Mimics: Breakable objects litter the levels and some breakable objects once broken will erupt into a swarm of tentacles which will cover and begin raping T-t. The objects will wobble every few seconds so if you're careful you cna go throufgh the game without ever falling for a mimic.

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

SHIT. GOT SCARED, COULDN'T FIND THIS THREAD. thought it was deleted. im awake and im working on the game now. lets see how far i will go now.

ALRIGHT!!!!

I got some questions.

1) in your sample 2 game rydin32, i looked closely at your object 0 ( your main character) and one of the things i don't get is this

( typing whole function of step)

STEP: If position is collision free (solids only) ------ set gravity to 0.5 in direction to 270. ----- Else set gravity to 0 in direction 0f 270.----- If vspeed is equal to 12------set vspeed to 12

whats does that last part about the vspeed mean? i know vspeed is vertical speed but i dont get the meaning of the function. I know its there for a reason.

2) I noticed you used the relative box thing in places where i did not. For future reference, where do i use relative-ness in this program? How can i find out whether i need to use it or not in certain situations?

3) For your sprites, you have many copies of the same images in your set, is it important to have that? (for ex. Your standing sprite) I usually just change the speed in which the sprite animation runs, but there are still some kinks i haven't figured out how to fix.

4) when your character jumps, she can move through freely, but she is still running, which is no problem( a new sprite could fix that in a jiff). But if switched with a jumping sprite, would there be any ting needed to be done so she would have that same mobility as she does now? if there is, plz tell me.

5) What does that thing mean when you set x=0 but y=1. Does that stand for something?

thats all for now

EDIT: AHA, i fixed the problem with my character slowly falling to the ground. when he jumped, he rose normally but he on fell normally when he was in motion but i fix it. i am awesome. ^_^ just had to delete the friction setting that delt with moving left and right. dont need it anyway

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I can't say sry for this because this needs it own post. You know what they say,3rd time's the charm.

controls
(same as before)
left /right/up
F2 - destroy the floor if you stuck, will end the game and the game will automatically restart

addition question:

how do i stop the sprite from having a very fast animation speed at the start of the game... if you don't c what i mean, start the game and don't press anything, then press let or right once and compare its movement when its still.

let me know how i did

Attachments

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That's excellent Neko congrats. Anyways to keep this up here's all the work I've done so far:

Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

Story:

The story is basically this girl named Tina/Tentacle-tan was born with a very unfortunate curse. Her curse being that she attracts tentacles. As such her life is a constant struggle to avoid the many tentacles that hound her tirelessly. One day on her 19th birthday she gets a message from the Wisp king telling her about a way to remove the curse. She immediately sets out to find the wisp king and remove the curse but of course the tentacles want to stop her and they'll do it the only way they know how (Read: Rape).

World: 1 (City)

Level 1: (Tina's home)

Enemy Types:

1)Basic Tentacles
2)Mimic

Sidequest start points: None

Special notes: Game start.

Events: Opening scene, World 1 start.

Level: 2 (Downtown)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Mimic
3)Shock Tentacle

Sidequests starting points: Aaron-Sidhe Protection Agency Quest

Special notes: None

Events: None

Level: 3 (Train station)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Shock Tentacle
3)Neru Tentacle

Sidequests starting points: None

Special notes: Level does not scroll. Have to defeat a certain amount fo enemies/Survive for a certain amount of time to pass level.

Events: Tentacle Tina first sighting.

Level: 4 (Suburbs)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Tentacle Ball
3)Neru Tentacle
4)Mimic
5)Shock Tentacle

Sidequests starting points: Carniss-Find Carleton Square Shop Quest.

Special notes: Finish this sidequest to unlock the shop.

Level: 5 (Outskirts)

Enemy Types

1)Trapdoor Tentacle
2)Basic Tentacle
3)Tentacle Ball
4)Shock Tentacle
5)Tentacle Tina (Boss)

Special notes: Boss level

Events: Tentacle Tina boss start, Tentacle Tina boss end, End World 1.

World: 2 (Plains)

Level: 1 (Field)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Shock Tentacle
3)Tentacle Ball
4)Spring trap Tentacle
5)Mimic

Special notes: Every breakable object but one in this level is a mimic. That one contains an item that upgrades your weapon adding +3 to damage.

Events: World 2 start.

Level: 2 (Rolling hill)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Spring Trap Tentacle
3)Shock Tentacle

Level: 3 (Depot)

Enemy Types

1)Terrani Predator
2)Terrani Hunter

Sidequests starting points: Glyth-Avenge Us! Quest.

Special notes: Only non tentacle enemies in the main game storyline are found here.

Events: Ruined town.

Level: 4 (Grassy Knoll)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Tentacle Ball
3)Trapdoor Tentacle

Sidequests starting points: Nene-Treasure of the Tentacles Quest

Level: 5 (grasslands)

Enemy Types

1)Neru Tentacle
2)Shock Tentacle
3)Mimic
4)Spider Tentacle
5)Spring Trap Tentacle
6)Aura Tentacle (Boss)

Special notes: Boss level

Events: Aura Tentacle Boss start, Aura Tentacle Boss End, World 2 End.

World: 3 (Forest)

Level: 1 (Forest entrance)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Spider Tentacle
3)Shock Tentacle
4)Tentacle Limb

Sidequests starting points: Roman-Money back guarantee

Events: World 3 start

Level: 2 (Forest path)

Enemy Types

1)Tentacle ball
2)Spider Tentacle
3)Tentacle Limb
4)Neru Tentacle
5)Trapdoor Tentacle

Special notes: The spiders drop from the tree tops and the treelimbs attack with roots.

Events: What the hell is that thing?

Level: 3 (Forest Glade)

Enemy Types

1)Pit Tentacle (Miniboss)

Special notes: Stationary level

Events: The pit trap(Forest), Pit escape(Forest).

Level: 4 (Forest trail)

Enemy Types

1)Mimic
2)Spring Trap Tentacle
3)Spider Tentacle
4)Basic Tentacle
5)Shock Tentacle
6)Shadow Tentacle

Level: 5 (Tentacle web)

Enemy Types

1)Spider Tentacle
2)Black Widow Tentacle (Boss)

Sidequests starting points: Clarice-Funeral Rites Quest

Special notes:

Events: Black Widow Tentacle Boss Start, Black Widow Tentacle Boss End, World 3 End.

World: 4 (Desert)

Level: 1 (Cactus Sanctuary)

Enemy Types

1)Cactus Tentacle
2)Basic Tentacle
3)Spider Tentacle
4)Neru Tentacle
5)Shadow Tentacle
6)Tentacle Ball
7)Mimics

Sidequests starting points: Morgana-Aphrodisiac Potion Quest

Special Notes: First and only status effect in game is found here (Cactus Tentacle Poison)

Events: World 4 Start

Level: 2 (Sand dunes)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Sand Pit
3)Cactus Tentacle
4)Sandman Tentacle

Special Notes: The bottom of the dunes are where the sand pits are and determination will slowly deplete as the heat begins affecting T-t.

Events: Heat.

Level: 3 (Rocky layer)

Enemy Types

1)Sandman Tentacle
2)Abyss Tentacle
3)Sand Pit
4)Mimics

Special Notes: The rocks work like platforms the sand is all a bunch of sand pits and the Abyss tentacles will try to grab you as you jump from rock to rock. The Sandman can also knock you off the rocks so be careful.

Events: Shifting sands, Heat exposure.

Level: 4 (Abandoned Dessert Outpost)

Enemy Types

1)Sandman Tentacles
2)Sand Pit
3)Dust Tentacles
4)Recluse Tentacle
5)Pit Tentacle (Mini-boss)

Special Notes: The first part of the level starts out well then, about halfway through, the enemies stop and at the end of the level is when the pit tentacle arrives.

Events: Heat Stroke, Tentacle Sage, The Pit Trap (Desert), The Pit Escape (Desert)

Level: 5 (Oasis)

Enemy Types

1) Tentacle Sage (Boss)

Special Notes: Heat effect ends on this level.

Events: Tentacle Sage 2 , Tentacles Sage boss fight Start, Tentacle Sage boss fight End, World 4 End.

World: 5 (Ruins)

Level: 1 (Ruined gate)

Enemy Types

1)Basic Tentacle
2)Mimics
3)Tentacle Ball
4)Shock Tentacle
5)Trapdoor Tentacle
6)Spider Tentacle
7)Neru Tentacle
8)Spring Trap Tentacle
9)Shadow Tentacle
10) Abyss Tentacle
11) Recluse Tentacle

sidequest starting points: None

Special Notes: None

Events: World 5 Start, Final push.

Level: 2 (Ruined street)

Enemy Types

1) Baron Tentacle (Mini-boss)

Special Notes: First of the miniboss parade

Events: Enter the Baron, Fight end.

Level: 3 (Temple ruins)

Enemy Type

1)Possession Tentacle (Mini-boss)
2)Possessed Wisp (Mini-boss)

Special Notes: Double miniboss but not technically at the same time.

Events: Fight start, Possession, Fight end.

Level: 4 (ruined path)

Enemy Types

1) Tentacle Nymph (Mini-boss)

Special Notes: Determination drops just by being near the nymph.

Events: Nymphomania, Fight start, fight end.

Level: 5 (Spire Ruins)

Enemy Types

1)Tentacle Alpha (Mini-boss)
2)Tentacle Beta (Mini Boss)
3)Tentacle Gamma (Mini-Boss)
4)Tentacle Delta (Mini-boss)
5)Lord Tentacle (Boss)

sidequest starting points: Escape Quest

Special Notes: Congrats beat this level and you have completed the main storyline. Now if you were playing on sandbox mode you're game ends here otherwise there are a few bonuses out there.

Events: Final boss fight start, Fusion, Final boss fight end, The Cure, Game over.

Enemies:

Basic Tentacle: Hanging from the top or slithering along the ground will try to grab Tentacle-tan and rape her.

Mimics: Breakable objects litter the levels and some breakable objects once broken will erupt into a swarm of tentacles which will cover and begin raping T-t. The objects will wobble every few seconds so if you're careful you cna go throufgh the game without ever falling for a mimic.

Tentacle Ball: A large ball of multiple tentacles that bounces around and explodes upon touching Tentacle-tan covering her in tiny tentacles which proceed to rape her.

Shock Tentacle: Hides underground and moves around. Randomly pops out of the ground every once in a while to check where it is (Only time to attack it) If Tentacle-tan walks over it it will launch up, impale her pussy and begin shocking her. (Stun gun not electrocution style)

Trapdoor Tentacle: A possible instant game over enemy. The trapdoor tentacle takes it's name and tactic from the trapdoor spider. It hides underground although in game it's quite obvious when one is around. If Tentacle-Tan steps on the trap door tentacles grab her and attempt to pull her down into the ground. (The player will have a chance to resist and crawl out if they fail it's an instant game over as Tentacle-tan is trapped underground with the tentacles forever) (This is still a work in progress)

Spider Tentacle: A mass of tentacles formed together to create large spider like beings which jump around the level (Or hang from the ceiling and drop down onto Tentacle-tan) and try to grab Tentacle-tan.

Neru Tentacle: Tentacles in the shape of a humanoid figure. Dash back and forth really fast and try to grab T-t. Can also block attacks from in front of them.

Spring Trap Tentacle: This tentacle lies down on the ground and if T-t steps on it it snaps up wrapping around her and raping her orally while constricting her body.

Shadow Tentacle: A black wispy tentacle that moves in random patterns in a small area it cannot be hit but if it touches T-t it morphs into a large orb which envelopes her and begins raping her.

Tentacle Limb: Trees with slightly off colour branches. They are actually hollow and the branches are actually tentacles. (Still not sure how to implement this.)

Cactus Tentacle: A variation of the Shock Tentacle with cactus like spines that inject a pleasure enhancing poison into T-t while raping her. (For 20 seconds after being caught by Cactus Tentacle determination bar depletes faster from other Tentacles due to the pleasure enhancement.)

Sand Pit: The sand is strangely lower than the rest... (If Tentacle-tan steps on the sand she falls through into a nest of tentacles which proceed to rape her.)

Sandman Tentacle: A Neru Tentacle wearing a dust cloak and wide brim hat. Otherwise works just like normal Neru Tentacle.

Abyss Tentacle: A large Tentacle that pops out of the ground at random intervals and tries to grab T-t as she attempts to jump over it. (Think the yellow tentacle in Demon Girl)

Dust Tentacle: Basic Tentacle with a brown palette swap that slithers across the ground like a snake. It will be partly concealed except for it's tip

Recluse Tentacle: Desert version of the Spider Tentacle. It crawls along the ground and attempts to rush and grab T-t.

Tentacle Tina: A Neru Tentacle version of T-t. It jumps around the area and tries to hit T-t. It has a dash attack that crosses from one side fo the screen to the other. It lands on one edge of the screen and makes a recoil gesture before it does this move. If hit by this move Rape ensues Tentacle Tina's "sword" used for penetration.

Aura Tentacle: A large glowing tentacle that's color changes based on it's attack. Red is a ground sweep. Yellow means it's going to drop on her. Green is a quick jab. Orange it morphs into a cage and tries to drop from above on her. Black it begins expanding and tries to fill the screen leaving only the edges of the screen safe and purple is a high sweep. All of these attacks result in a different from of rape upon hitting her. (TBA)

Pit Tentacle: A miniboss. Appears in the forest and the desert. Level starts out empty until you cross to the middle then th floor falls out around you except the one column you're standing on. Tentacles then attack from the pit walls and T-t must defend herself against the tentacle swarms until the pit gives up.

Black Widow Tentacle: A boss Spider Tentacle. Which stands on a raised platform dropping Spider Tentacles on you and after a little bit it crawls down the side of the platform and attempts to grab you. It is at this point that you are capable of hitting it assuming it didn't succeed in grabbing you. Rinse and repeat boss.

Tentacle Sage: A Neru Tentacle that speaks. It's wearing a hooded robe and carrying a staff. It does not attack you directly but instead summons giant tentacles from off screen to grab you and rape you. Also starts the fight with a shield of Tentacles around her that require 6 hits to destroy. After the shield is destroyed Tentacle Sage begins to summon tentacle walls to push you away after every few hits.

Baron Tentacle: A giant neru tentacle wielding two clubs. It tries to crush T-tan and doing so causes no damage but if while down she's hit again before she can get up it begins a rape scene using the clubs which drains determination really quickly.You can hit him anywhere but it's easiest to go for the legs. Be sure to get out of the way before he brings the clubs down.

Possession Tentacle: A very special tentacle that is really tiny and shaped like a circlet. It attempts to attach itself to people and control their minds. It is fast and hard to hit and if it gets you it will possess you and force you to masturbate. This will bring down your determination bar slowly but also lasts until you manage to fight free of it's control (Struggle event)

Possessed Wisp: After you defeat the Possession Tentacle it will take a host from a convenient Wisp Guard. The Wisp guard is slow moving but he can paralyze you and he will lower your determination bar pretty fast during his rape. If he manages to hit you with his grab attack in which he fires a beam made out of energy. It triggers his rape. He wraps you up with beams of energy and proceeds to grope you. The second time he catches you he fists you. Third time you're stuck to the ground and he penetrates you vaginally. He can also just whip you which does very little damage but will paralyze you temporarily.

Tentacle Nymph: A winged tentacle that radiates an aura which drains your determination bar. She pops up 5 times throughout the level before the final fight. Aside from her aura she can also drop a powder which has the same effect as the cactus tentacle poison (Does not count for the aphrodisiac quest though). She fires a beam which causes T-tan to masturbate if it hits her. She swoops down and grabs T-tan by the neck choking her until she falls unconscious then rapes her anally until she wakes up and finally she can Summon other tentacles and induce in them a huge amount of lust causing them to fling themselves berserker style at T-tan. (They are unkillable and must be dodged). She does not take many hits to kill but she moves fast and can fly out of reach and you can not hit her any of the first 5 times she arrives you can only hit her during the final fight.

Tentacle Alpha, Tentacle Beta, Tentacle Gamma, Tentacle Delta-Boss Tentacle/Lord Tentacle: The final boss of the game. Starts out as 4 tentacles that appear around Tentacle tan and attack her like just harder Basic tentacles then join together to create the boss tentacle or Lord Tentacle. It is not fully completed but so far my ideas for it are it can give birth to Basic and Shock tentacles and will attempt to grab Tentacle tan whenever she gets close using tentacles that randomly latch out from it's body.

Wow this was a lot larger than I expected...Sorry

Last edited:

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

posting for everyone to see. im still here and i have not given up on this project. going through technical difficulties and my main computer will be out of commission for a while (nothings wrong with it, just had to pack it up). I'm using my Netbook now... its soo small. but i will be back in action soon.... right after college midterms are over.

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

sup, i read over the first page of the topic and your ideas. it sounds interesting right until you get to the part of no skills and expecting it to fail, so it likely will if you give it a chance.

ive just begone messing around with RPG maker to see what it can do and if i should bother making a game with it (still working on making sprites and their movements).

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

sup, i read over the first page of the topic and your ideas. it sounds interesting right until you get to the part of no skills and expecting it to fail, so it likely will if you give it a chance.
Oh.... This will be completed and this game will be awesome. I don't care how much skill i lack, skill can be learned. This project will take time and money. Now i will not abandon it. I already put the money in ( buying the Bamboo tablet) and a little bit of time in, i just have to put more time in. This week is spring break. Once i finish my catch up work, the game learning, skill developing, and character creation will continue.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Three cheers for Neko. *Cheers*

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*cheers*

Blank

Lurker
Reputation score

WOW this really is a great Idea. I just wish I could help out in some way XD though I have one major problem...I have a crippling fear of spiders, so as much as I want to play this my fear might get the better of me. Still more power to you and I wish you luck in making this game