Terran Mind (Syl & Ridley's Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Terran Mind (Syl & Ridley's Adventure)

Ridley brought Flare to the counter and reluctantly put her in her pokeball and handed it to Nurse Joy. The Nurse responded to Syl.

"All Pokemon Centers are equiped with cafes that sell deliscious foods with high nutritional content~."

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl nodded to Nurse Joy and went to the cafe, ordering a cup of tea and a few rice balls for herself. After waiting patiently for her food, she finally got it and took it to a table near a window. Without hesitation, she began to eat. Slowly and weakly, she chewed her food. After eating, she took out a red-colored bottle of medicine and put two pills into her mouth.

"That's better...," Syl muttered to herself, "Now I just need to rest for a bit..."

She sipped her tea slowly to help the medicine go down. With a light sigh, she closed her eyes and looked out the window. She saw a few pokemon playing around in the nearby woods. After a few minutes of thought, she decided to jot down a few notes on what she's seen into her notebook -- which she pulled out from her bag along with a black ballpoint pen.

Day 1 - I received my PokeDex, PokeNav, and Voucher from Professor Birch today. Before I departed from Littleroot Town, a beginning trainer named Ridley offered his company to me. I accepted. As we travelled along Route 101, we encountered a few Poochyena. These Poochyena seem to rather wild and tenacious, typically attacking on sight. Utilizing some teamwork with Ridley's Vulpix, named Flare, and we were able to successfully emerge victorious. Due to this, my Rynne [a Ralts] learned Confusion and Flare learned Roar. After resting and taking my medicine, I intend to go and do more research and encounter more pokemon in Route 101. More entries to come. ~Syl

Syl signed the entry with her own signature and reviewed it for good measure. She closed her notebook and looked out the window once again, watching the pokemon play around with each other in their natural habitat.

Before long, Nurse Joy approached her with Rynne. Syl looked turned and looked at the nurse in pink and white.

"Your Rynne has been well rested and taken care of. She seems to love you quite a bit. You're both lucky to have each other as partners," the generous nurse said before Rynne hopped into Syl's lap, "You two take care, now."

Nurse Joy left them with a wave to tend to her job. The Pokemon Center was a busy place after all. After a reunion hug, Syl and Rynne left the Pokemon Center and headed to the Pokemon Mart to stock up on a few essential supplies. Her family was very well off, so she had plenty of money to spare. However, she decided to forego splurging and used her voucher to receive her five pokeballs, five potions, and an escape rope. She looked at Rynne and smiled gently, stroking the pokemon's head happily before looking around on what else could be done before she went out for more research and training.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ridley grabbed some plastic wrapped crackers and quickly snacked on them. The nurse handed his Vulpix back and he immediately released her from her Pokeball and followed Syl to cash in his voucher for his 5 PokeBalls, 5 Potions, and Escape Rope. He then turned to Syl.

"So, what would you like to do now?"

Last edited:

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"I'd like to get in some more research and training," Syl replied to Ridley, looking down to Rynne for a moment, "I'd like to do a few things on my own. If you don't mind. We can meet up at the Pokemon Center and start heading toward Petalburg. Alright?"

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Okay, but I think we should at least rest for the night before heading to Petalburg City. I hear Route 102 is littered with opportunistic trainers and a wide variety of wild Pokemon."

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Agreed. We'll meet here and rest here for the night," Syl nodded before walking off back to Route 101, finding a small stretch of tall grass. As always, Rynne used the horn on her head to sense for pokemon that may try to attack them.

"I hear Wurmple and Zigzagoon can be seen around here, along with Poochyena. Let's hope we don't run into any Poochyena, Rynne," Syl said to Rynne, who replied with a soft "Ralts."

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ridley went up to Route 103 to train Flare.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl continued walking around, still trying to find a wild pokemon to train Syl, capture, or study. She looked around, trying to catch any signs of movement with the grass.

"C'mon...we're bound to find something...," Syl coughed lightly.

"Ralts...," Rynne said while looking around carefully.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A wild Wurmple appeared.

[Rynne has the speed priority over the Wurmple]

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"A Wurmple. Good," Syl took out her PokeDex and looked at it.

Code:
Wurmple, the Worm Pokemon. It sticks to tree branches and eats leaves. 
The thread it spits from its mouth, which becomes gooey when it touches air,
 slows the movement of its foes.
"Rynne, use Confusion while avoiding its String Shot and Tackle attacks," Syl said, her weak eyes glowing lightly.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Wurmple was hit for alot of damage from the powerful psychic attack. The Wurmple hit Rynne with a Tackle, but due to Rynne's earlier training, the Tackle seemed to due little to no damage.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Alright, Rynne. Use Confusion on it again," Syl commanded Rynne.

"Ralts" Rynne said before the on her head glowed a mixture of purple and black. After some more concentration, Wurmple was outlined with the same ominous glow.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Wurmple fainted and Rynne gained a fair amount of experience.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Alright. You did great, Rynne," Syl smiled and stroked Ralts's head before picking her up and walking toward Route 103 to do more a little more training. After finding an expanse of tall grass, she walked around within it to see if she can find another wild pokemon.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Syl finds Ridley training on Route 103, just finishing off a wild Zigzagoon. To the east, Syl could see a recently built bridge spanning across the expanse of water conecting Oldale Town to Slateport City and Mauville City.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl sees Ridley training hard, but decides not to bother him and resume her own training. She continued walking around to find a wild pokemon.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A wild Zigzagoon appeared.

[The Zigzagoon has the speed priority over Rynne.]

The Zigzagoon used Tackle on Rynne, doing near minimal damage.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"A Zigzagoon...," Syl said, not bothering to take out her pokedex since she had already gained the information on it during her journies here. She pointed to the Zigzagoon and coughed lightly.

"Use Confusion, Rynne," Syl said. Rynne already seemed to be in motion, beginning to outline the Zigzagoon with the ominous purple/black glow.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Zigzagoon was hit for CRITICAL DAMAGE. The Zigzagoon fainted, giving Rynne a fair amount of experience.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl continued to walk around for more training for Rynne. She wanted her to be in tip top shape before they reached Rustboro. Before Syl forgot, she administered a potion to Rynne to get her back up to full combat status before their next encounter.

"We're already at a disadvantage when we try to train, Rynne. We need to do as much as we can so we aren't left behind," Syl said to Rynne, who responded with a happy exclamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.