Terran Mind (Syl & Ridley's Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Terran Mind (Syl & Ridley's Adventure)

Ridley smiled as he watched Syl and Rynne. After finishing his meal, he went upstairs to find a comfortable place to settle down for the night.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl soon finished and paid for what she ordered. Rynne was apparently still rather energetic. Syl smiled gently and then took Rynne into her arms, taking her to go get a check up from Nurse Joy. After waiting patiently, Rynne was returned to Syl after being cared for and whatnot. Syl and Rynne hopped down from the care tray and looked up to Syl. Syl looked down and gave a generous smile.

Do you want to go out some more, Rynne? We've been training pretty hard and...Oh..., Syl thought before remembering something. Before she did anything else, she reached into her bag and pulled out two bottles of medicine. One was red, and the other was blue. She took a pill from each and popped them into her mouth, swallowing them effortlessly and closing her eyes. After a brief moment, she looked down to Ralts.

"Ralts~" Rynne said, replying that it was happy with the offer to go outside some more. Syl sighed and grinned, leading Rynne outside.

"Just for a little bit, Rynne. We need to sleep, too," she said. The two of them often slept a lot during the day, and didn't really require much sleep to recharge themselves. Because of this, they were often thought of as nocturnal. In the presence of the moonlight, they ventured out toward route 103 and headed toward the little inlet of water that separated the western half from the eastern half.

Syl walked through the tall grass, keeping a lookout for any wild pokemon that may try to attack her. Rynne continued using her red horn to scope out the area. As they got closer to the lake, she'd see a large bridge leading to the other side. With a small smile, she thought to herself (and Rynne), That place looks like a nice place to enjoy ourselves, don't you think?

Rynne responded to Syl, "Ralts!"

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The night air was peacefull as the salty water in the inlet sloshed against shore. Syl encountered no wild Pokemon in the tall grass, however, she could see and hear wild Zigzagoon scavanging for berries, and could see wild Hoothoot nestled up in the trees. The moon was reflected in the clear mixture of fresh and salt water.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As they reached the end of the tall grass, they saw all of the wild pokemon in their peaceful state. Gathering food, nestling with kin, finding shelter, etc. Syl grinned gently, Rynne hopping down to pick up a berry that rolled away from the grasp of a Zigzagoon.

The wild Zigzagoon approached them, assuming something close to an attack position. Rather than assume battle themselves, Rynne approached the Zigzagoon peacefully and offered the berry. Rather than taking it and running off, the Zigzagoon took it and stuck around the pokemon and trainer. Syl, with a graceful smile worn on her face, approached the bridge and sat down near it, her reflection clearly seen as a still image upon the still, moonlit water.

"Ralts~" Rynne sang as it began to twirl around again. The Zigzagoon watched, little baby Zigzagoons gathering around to watch the peaceful show. Syl began to hum a soothing tune, loud enough for the pokemon to hear, but gentle enough to maintain an elegant air.

Pokemon continued gathering around them until it seemed like it was a night time performance by a lone trainer and her Ralts.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The peace was interupted for a brief moment by a faint rumbling sound to the far north, several miles away.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Hmn?" Syl stopped her humming as the brief rumbling sound interrupted her. She looked around, all the pokemon were as well.

"What was that...?" Syl looked to the pokemon and toward the direction it came from, blinking curiously.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It was too far in the distance to tell what it was. However, it was over, and the Pokemon went back to what they were doing, seeing as it didn't have a direct impact on them.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Hmn...That was strange," Syl commented about the strange sound. Rynne hopped into Syl's lap and got comfortable. The two of them stared across the lake, occassionally humming a song to themselves as the night continued to pass. The tranquil darkness continued to last. Time continued to flow, and it was soon late into the night. Most of the pokemon were sleeping, and most people were as well. Syl stood up and carried Rynne, turning around and traversing through the tall grass again to go back to town.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A wild Hoothoot appeared.

[The wild Hoothoot has the speed priority over Rynne]

The wild Hoothoot Tackled Rynne.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"A Hoothoot," Syl said, blinking gently, "Use Confusion on it, Rynne."

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Hoothoot was outlined with a purplish glow and was dealt a minimal amount of damage. The Hoothoot tackled Ralts again, dealing a decent amount of damage. This Hoothoot seems to be a formidable opponent.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Avoid it's attacks and use Confue Ray on it, Rynne," Syl said. Rynne began, trying her best to dodge the Hoothoot's attacks while at the same time shooting the dark purple beam at it, engulfing the flying pokemon with the ominous glow.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Hoothoot was confused Growled as it tried to determine Rynne's actual location.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's confused Rynne. Hit it with Confusion again, and then keep moving and hitting it again. Don't let it pick up where you are, Syl thought. Rynne executed the attack as best as she could, moving from her first position to another before suddenly outlining the Hoothoot's figure, beginning to use the psychic attack on it.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Hoothoot kept quickly snapped out of confusion and Tackled Rynne full-on doing CRITICAL damage. Rynne is in trouble!

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As Rynne fell back from the tackle doing Critical damage, Syl narrowed her eyes. Rynne wasn't looking very good, so Syl quickly bolted forward and picked her up, "Rynne...Are you alright?"

"Ralts...," Rynne said weakly, "Ralts..."

"That's enough, Rynne. You need rest," Syl said to Ralts before looking at the Hoothoot. For a moment, she thought of running away, but doing so probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Should I...catch it...? Syl thought. But it was pretty strong. And it wasn't weak enough. But catching it might give time to run while it's struggling in the pokeball. Syl gritted her teeth and then reached into her bag, pulling out a pokeball. Without any hesitation, she threw it at the Hoothoot, hitting it in the head and catching it in a red light before going into the pokeball.

So began Hoothoot's struggle within, and Syl's dash to safety.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The air was filled with suspense as the PokeBall wiggled back and forth, indicating the Pokemon struggling inside. But sure enough, after a couple of seconds, the PokeBall stopped shaking and the wild Hoothoot was caught.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl looked back to see that the Hoothoot was caught. She blinked and then ran back to the pokeball and picked it up, looking around. Afterward, Syl returned to the pokemon center and had Rynne and the Hoothoot healed up and back to normal. She looked at the Hoothoot's pokeball and then smiled for a bit, "I guess you're part of our family, now. Hmn..."

She released the Hoothoot and it fluttered around, flapping its wings and standing on the ground near Rynne.

"What shall I name you. I know. I think I'll name you Hinna," Syl smiled, "What do you think?"

The Hoothoot, named Hinna, flapped its wings happily. Ralts, despite having been basically defeated by Hinna, twirled around happily to a new friend.

"Alright then. Rynne, Hinna. Let's get some sleep for tomorrow," with that said, the three of them went upstairs and found a suitable place to sleep. Syl took her medicine before laying down with her two pokemon, drifting off to sleep.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As Syl wandered around upstairs, she saw Ridley lying alseep on a small cozy-looking cot with Flare snuggled up tightly with him.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Syl continued to sleep until the early morning, being the first person there to wake up. After waking up Rynne and Hinna, they freshened up at the nearby restroom and went downstairs for breakfast. A light breakfast was what they had, along with Syl's morning medicine. She sat at her table and looked out the window, waiting for her travelling partner to wake up.

Hinna and Rynne were playing happily together. Despite their battle the previous night, they were steadily becoming good friends with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.