What's new

ACT [Terrarium] Anthophobia (RJ166403)

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Anthophobia

Oh, I'll check that out right away. and may the good blood guide you :D

Currently I don't have any plan to buff the melee since on normal mode, you can shot + melee to kill zombs pretty easily. and on easy mode, you can simply shoot them and kill them without any problem. I purposely designed melee for 1 vs 1 only since you have plenty options to choose.

Thank you ;)

Thank you for the advise :D
CF said they added video trailer but actually they didn't upload video trailer seems like they forgot to upload them XD
No video trailer~

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Just finished playing it, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

The good:
- Animations are great
- Sound is good.
- You finished it!

Here are some tips as well as some gripes with the game:

F4 should not close the game. That's what usually goes fullscreen..

Game needs a more obvious pause button (I didn't realize there was one until I beat it), Enter would work. Or, make it so ESC brings up a pause menu instead of exiting. My first time playing, I pressed ESC to change options and I lost a bunch of progress.

The game needs mid-section save-points where you can save at any time. A gallery after you beat the game is fine, but I want to experience H-animations during the game. I can't look at animations if I know I'll lose a ton of progress, and there are a lot of sections were going around getting keys again isn't really fun.

Don't place walls you have to break down for no reason. They aren't fun to break down, and they take too long to break down.

Parts with the spore monsters feel like blind luck half the time. You can essentially get stun-locked because the spores hit you immediately after escaping something. Sections with more than one felt very obnoxious, and half the time it makes more sense to just run through, which makes you feel like you cheesed the game.

Generators should have a message when you click on them with no gas "Looks like a generator. If I had some gas, I could get it up and running" etc. Otherwise first time players will wonder what it is or why they can't click on it.

There are a lot of mid-game areas that have so many monsters that it's pointless to fight them, and you just end up running past everything. Maybe it's intentional but it feels cheesy when you do it.

The last boss shouldn't have an attack that you have to move right to avoid. Most players probably notice or experience that the boss insta kills you if you touch him, so creating a situation where the player has to go against the rules you established doesn't really work, in my opinion. Not unless there's visual indication that something has changed (such as his hands disappearing).

The second boss could do with more visual indication that he's getting hurt by the mines. Or better yet, visual indication that everything else is NOT hurting him (*tink!*). It's also strange that nothing changes about him when you finish shooting his bottom half, and nothing really indicates why, or where you should shoot next. (such as something opening on his head.)

I played on easy mode and the game was too hard. Mostly because of the lack of checkpoints, and the sheer number of enemies that you run past sometimes. I think you should have a mode for people who are in it for the H-content.

Some of the sections where there are no enemies and you just run to the right feel too long. I ended up using Cheat engine to speed up the game during these parts because I just wanted to hurry and get to the next part. I understand when there's stuff to see, but otherwise...nah.

The enemies with the tongues can pull you through closed gates.

You could show what key is required to open a door when you try to open it.

With all the great animation, why are the melee swings and hit-sparks not all animated?

I didn't like how certain H-stages animations had no climaxes. Done for economic reasons but I still wish they were there. (in some cases I'd prefer a climax to an extra pose)

I had no major problem with the voices, but other people might. Generally a good idea to include voice volume.

Last Boss is a huge difficulty spike. Later boxes drop so late that you barely have time to get them. Stone from the ground doesn't have enough indication that it's gonna happen. I tried to cheat at this part, because I didn't want to play it a third time after my second loss. I failed at cheating, though, so I beat it on like my fourth try.

To be honest the CGs...weren't very good. The reason it's so jarring is because some of the animation is on a whole other level. It feels like two completely different artists. Granted, I feel like a lot of pixel artists probably have the problem of disproportionate skill. I doubt my CGs are on the level of my pixel art either. However it's still something you'll have to work on.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Congratulations on the release. I hope you make tons of money, and I look forward to whatever you do next.

Last edited:

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

i have yet to play it since i have no money this week but from what i read you just said to remake at least 30% of the game? or the game is quite long actually?

anyway i cannot give any point since il not be able to buy it till next week see ya XD

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion...
Thank you! I know I suck at drawing illustrations T_T)a
so I'm going to hire Illustrator on the next game.:p

Your sprite animation are top notch, keep up the good work and keep making good games!
Thank you very much! :D

No video trailer~
Yeah, I'll let the CF know about trailer :D

Just finished playing it, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.
Thank you very much for the detailed feedback Kyrieru!
I know that F4 key is such a joke, I told numerous times to my stubborn programmer at the beginning of the project, and he just won't listening. D:<

and the Escape key, I'm really sorry about the inconvenience experience you had. I should've design it in batter way X_X)a

The enemies with the tongues can pull you through closed gates.
Really? Holy cow I gotta fix that asap! X_X;;

i have yet to play it since i have no money this week but from what i read you just said to remake at least 30% of the game? or the game is quite long actually?
with normal difficulty and first time play, it usually takes 3 - 4 hours :D

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Great game, i heard you may be working on a male protag game next, does this mean reverse rape/femdom? If so i look forward to that.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It's also strange that nothing changes about him when you finish shooting his bottom half, and nothing really indicates why, or where you should shoot next. (such as something opening on his head.)
Just thought I should say but there is a sound and a slight visual when the boss is about to attack that the head pops out and make a little *shinggggg* sound along with a sorta star appearing there as well.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Great game, i heard you may be working on a male protag game next, does this mean reverse rape/femdom? If so i look forward to that.
Sameeeeeeeee not enough of those in my opnion

amoredcore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just wanna confirm is there more enemies in this game? i remember seeing other art such as a big zombie girl and various other blacked out enemies. and in my h replay im missing 3 h scenes the ones after the zombie girl h scene and 6 scenes for the zombie girl. Anyone know where these other scenes are?

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I just wanna confirm is there more enemies in this game? i remember seeing other art such as a big zombie girl and various other blacked out enemies. and in my h replay im missing 3 h scenes the ones after the zombie girl h scene and 6 scenes for the zombie girl. Anyone know where these other scenes are?
There are more enemy planned, but that's in the later update,
Zombie girl have scene with multiple normal zombie, and also with each of the mob(No Boss)

amoredcore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There are more enemy planned, but that's in the later update,
Zombie girl have scene with multiple normal zombie, and also with each of the mob(No Boss)
I have all of them that u mentioned. But i still got space for more. Is that space for future updates?

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have all of them that u mentioned. But i still got space for more. Is that space for future updates?
Yes, it is! empty space are for the future updates :D

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Oh hey, the vid is up on DLsite now.
The mouse still bugs me XD

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh hey, the vid is up on DLsite now.
The mouse still bugs me XD
The mouse is used for a cheat mode, which when activated turns it into a flash light, and can shoot bullet and throw grenade.

E7N

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The mouse is used for a cheat mode, which when activated turns it into a flash light, and can shoot bullet and throw grenade.
Do what now?

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

nothing more to say than what kiryeru already told you.
just a little tip if i can suggest you.
your sprite as your cgs ( dunno if it's intentional) are to sharp and narrow cos you used a 1px black pencil to draw your cgs.
Did you take into consideration to add a simple noise reduction filter to your cgs.
With 2 clicks this happen:

dunno you, but to me the difference is pretty noticable, it can mask (or may improve) some drawing lines that are too sharp.

Last edited:

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

nothing to say more to the game than what kiryeru already told you.
just a little tip if i can suggest you.
your sprite as your cgs ( dunno if it's intentional) are to sharp and narrow cos you used a 1px pencil to draw your cgs.
Did you take into consideration to add a simple noise reduction filter to your cgs.
With 2 clicks this happen:

dunno you, but to me the difference is pretty noticable, it can mask (or may improve) some drawing lines that are too sharp.
The image is too small to see the difference.
But I think he got those CG done early, this is more of his current CG style.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The image is too small to see the difference.
But I think he got those CG done early, this is more of his current CG style.
watch the nose