What's new

VN/TEXT [Tetratech] Kaiki! Drill Otoko no Kyoufu 怪奇!ドリル男の恐怖 VJ005430

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribeZ

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Drill

Awesome! I've been looking for the CG since I first got the game :D.
ty 4 cg ^_^

Shadowleaper

Lurker
Reputation score

How the hell do I get the game started? When i click new game i only see three girls and an annoying drill sound...

sgb

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait so the game is 34 MB, but the voices are 172 MB?
Yes. Now you know how those shitty AVG games can balloon up to 3-4 GB despite having looking no better than similar games from 10 years ago. Apparently, data compression is not an important area of focus in Japan.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes. Now you know how those shitty AVG games can balloon up to 3-4 GB despite having looking no better than similar games from 10 years ago. Apparently, data compression is not an important area of focus in Japan.
It's not an issue about good game developement or whether or not data compression is a focus for Japan. For disk distributed games, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to let your file sizes balloon as much as they need to as long as it still fits on a disk.

Uncompressed media plays with less processor load which is good for people with basic or old computers or who would be playing on a netbook or some other CPU light option.

Drill has 258 megs of uncompressed *.wav files which is pretty heavy, but perfectly understandable back in the day. It'll fit on a CD with room to spare. Any modern game will be shipped on a DVD anyway so 1 gig or 4.7 makes no difference and in fact is a turn off for would be pirates who would rather not have to download or deal with an extra huge image on their drives. And burn time is not a factor, disk duplication costs are always calcuated per disk.

The ADV game formula's basically set by now innovation isn't what they're looking for so much as good character design, art, and writing. Voicing 100% of the script in these games is pretty heavy, there's a lot of it.

American companies are just as guilty about huge and unwieldy media files as the Japanese are, hence our multi disk games. I remember Wing Commander 3 being I believe 4 disks. If the company doesn't intend on actually selling their games via download, there's no point to compressing anything if it'll fit on one disk. Not to mention the current generation of computer games. Try checking the size of the opening fmvs to most of your games.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

Sorry for digging up old stuff, but how to get all the bad ends? I only know about Yukino's (eldest sister)
1- Get drilled to nothing by the drill man before entering the dungeon.
2- Get drilled to nothing by the drill man after entering the dungeon.
3- Enter the dining hall with the waitress costume and choose the first option.
4- Check the fridge in the kitchen with the bunny suit.
5- Get the maid costume from the maid's room, return to the maid's room again, then clean the bath (1st option).
6- Go to the chapel with miko outfit
7- Go to the chapel with sister outfit without the cross
8- Save Haruna and Ayaka (the younger sisters) in the dungeon.
Credit goes to Janna-san for ending 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Did I miss anything else?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

as far as I can translate
Youngest
1. Wearing your first clothing, inspect the picture in the sculpture room and fail to defend.
2. Go into the maid's room wearing the overalls.
3. Check the garden while wearing the cat suit.
4. Go to the chapel in the miko outfit
5. Go into the billiards room wearing the apron.

Middle
1. Wearing your first clothing, inspect the picture in the sculpture room and fail to defend.
2. Change into the uniform in the kitchen and choose the first option, then go to the balcony.
3. Wearing the gymnastics suit, check the forest.
4. Check the bed in the maids room in the maids clothing
5. Go to the guy's room on the second floor dressed as the nurse.

ChromeEngie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello.

As you can tell I am new, but I generally registered to ask the question, is there a eng patch for this game? I'm tired of aimlessly wandering all the damn time.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello.

As you can tell I am new, but I generally registered to ask the question, is there a eng patch for this game? I'm tired of aimlessly wandering all the damn time.
AFAIK, no.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

You know, there is a walkthrough somewhere in this thread. Go and find it yourself.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey guy's I've got good news! Someone at Hongfire made a translated version of the game, complete with sounds and voices. Now when you play you can actually understand what is going on.

The password is kaiki

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Diagnostics tells me EVERYTHING failed for being corrupt :(

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait, what? The game worked for me earlier and is still working perfectly for me. What's the problem?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

idk, everything just fails when I extract it, even the walkthroughs are just empty documents

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Well that sure is weird! Maybe I can do something to help...

Maybe I could upload what I downloaded on Rapid Share or something. Want me to try?

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Same thing happened with me with everything coming out corrupt. However, copying and pasting the pass from the original thread works somehow.

thedety

Lurker
Reputation score

Someone can put a link to the savegame please?, I can not get any bad end

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Hang on, you can't get any bad ends. As in... You can't even lose at this game. I don't believe you. Stop being lazy, look at the tips and guides we have here, and do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.