What's new

The Adbot's Revenge!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Adbot's Revenge!

Grave froze. He was currently crouching behind one of the nearby buildings. It was quite small and old, but it was good enough to shield the warrior from Burrito's and Oni's sight. Grave had no idea whether they knew where he is or not. He didn't know if they recognized him either - and honestly, he didn't even know if they really suspected that they were followed. However, they most likely knew that someone was here. Grave focused his spiritual sense on them. If Oni began to destroy the area, he'd have to flee - however, Burrito probably wouldn't agree to use something that'd put Silvers in danger. Most likely, the two of them would try to corner and capture him - that's why Grave needed to know where they are and what kind of movements they're going to make.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I've got a better idea." Burrito says, grasping the glove on his left hand and pulling it off, a small hole in his flesh lined with metal, and shining a bright yellow before a low whine was released and a beam shot out, hitting a building to the right of Grave, and destroying it, scanning the smoke and watching it move past Grave, his body stopping some of the flow "Found you!" he yells, jumping into the smoke and kicking directly at Grave

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Hey, no fair! Leave a bit alive for me to destroy," Oni calls out to Burrito as he dives into the smoke. Oni follows him at a leisurely pace.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave barely suppressed a curse as Burrito nuked the building next to him. The warrior quickly decided that it's time to move, however he had to make sure that he was harder to detect. As the smoke passed around him, Grave quickly constructed a dark veil around himself. It was different from his combat shroud - it's purpose was to merge with other shadows, such as those created by smoke, and conceal Grave's body. The warrior sensed that Burrito was quickly moving towards him and dropped as low as possible, hoping to avoid the blow. Afterwards, he'd have to quickly get up and run, looking for a suitable place to hide.

Pale

Reputation score

Far from Burrito, on Aika's private helipad, two figures materialize from thin air.. one winged, one reptilian. Pale seems utterly unfazed by the sudden change, and instead, raises a palm towards her companion, the cold-blooded Host.

"HammerBlow."

The air ripples from her palm - a percussive force projected through the air, with a slight downward slant. If it landed before Host could move, he'd find himself rather suddenly on his back, with no breath to speak of. Still, not looking at the person she just attacked, Pale flips out her radio.

"Burrito. This is Pale. I have the reptilian Lurker leader in custody. What's your location?"

At the first sign of movement, the palm comes up again, an obvious threat.

(Yes, she really is arrogant enough to attack someone, then declare them captured without making sure she hit.)

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"YOU DUMBASS!" Burrito yells into the radio as he stands up "Do you have any idea, ANY IDEA, what you just screwed up?!" he yells, looking around for the figure "To hell with you opinion on the man. You didn't sit around for hours drinking tea with him, discussing opinions on both our sides. Not to mention, if we were to ally ourselves with them, we could learn a helluva lot more than we would if we simply killed them."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Host returns to reality wearing his usual grin - right till he realises Pale is about to blast him, causing it to become something more worried.

"Ay wh- OOF!"

"Oww..."

He holds his head and moves to stand, earning himself The Palm. He freezes, for good reason. You're enjoying this all too much, damn you. he thinks with equal parts amusement and annoyance.

Once again, he is too far away from the radio to hear the other side of the conversation.

Pale

Reputation score

Pale turns the Palm into a little wave, winking at Host as she carries on chatting casually with her commander, tone almost bored. She holds the radio away from her ear for a moment to allow his shouting to echo out, then replies.

"Burrito... chill. I just found the guy sitting on an abandoned helipad. About thirty seconds ago. And I didn't hurt him, anyway... not much, at least."

She looks to Host for confirmation of this, mouthing "You okay?"

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

While Burrito was busy yelling at Pale, Grave attempted to sneak away as quickly as possible, using all the shadows he could find. After finding a suitable place, the warrior would wait for the commotion to end. Afterwards, Grave would visit Silvers... But now, he was running away as quietly as possible and sending a silent "thank you" to whoever just disturbed the cyborg.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

She glances to Host for confirmation of this, mouthing "You okay?" with a questioning glance.
Host gives a thumbs-up from where he lay.

Last edited:
OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I will not chill!" Burrito says, slamming the side of his fist into a wall as he tries to loosen up "Wherever you are, hurry up and get here." he said, then relayed his location to her "Oni and I were just finishing a little talk with a friend of mine."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Meanwhile, Grave managed to find a suitable shadow behind a building and merged with it. He quietly let out the air he had been holding for a while, the returned to watching Burrito and Oni - not with his eyes, but with extra senses. Grave wasn't happy about getting into a bigger company, but it seemed that he managed to evade being captured... For now.

Pale

Reputation score

The next thing to come over the radio is Pale, whistling a jaunty tune as she strolls over to the prostrate Host, and signals for him to stand with a wink. The Mage practically skips around the reptile, gently lifting his hands and muttering something, sealing them together with small golden binding - warm, and not unpleasant, but rather unyielding. She taps her work with a smile, and stops whistling for a moment.

"Now then.. we go!
"

She sketches a symbol in the air, and the air lies open - a few square feet of nothing replaced by a slice of another place - approximately thirty feet from Burrito. The mage nudges Host in the small of the back.

"You first, if you please.."

Presuming he obeys, she follows him through, and the portal collapses behind her. The Mage's voice rings out, happily.

"Good afternoon, Burrito! Look what I found!"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oni, startled by the new voice turns around to see who had arrived. Anger then rose up in him as he saw this new arrival had Host tied up.

"What the FUCK did you do, you stupid bitch?!" Oni shouts at her, his sword materialising. "Burrito, can I kill her?"

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Burrito sighs, removing the glove from his right hand and grasping Oni by the wrist with his bare metal hand "Leave her be. She does what she wants, and she produces results. That's all that matters." he says, then releases Oni, knowing he would have been through excruciating pain during the grasp "Good to see you again, Pale. Has everything fallen apart while I was away?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oni growls in pain as Burrito holds his wrist, only stifling his pain once Burrito had let go of him.

"If I didn't need you so much I'd have killed you for that," Oni says between gritted teeth as he dematerialises his sword.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Host steps through the portal, beginning - even after being captured and in the middle of several potentially hostile people - with happy, pointless small talk.

“Burrito, good to see you again! And you, Lord – any progress towards finding peace?”

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

From his current hiding place, Grave couldn't see anyone. He recognized Pale by her spiritual signature, but the other person was unknown to him. Perhaps if he had his radio turned on, he'd know more... But for now, stealth was more important. At least Grave could hear most of the conversation - and figure out the parts he missed by himself. The warrior was deep in shadows now... He could risk a peek, but there was a chance that he'd be spotted. Burrito was most likely still alert. And because of the shroud around Grave, the cyborg would probably confuse him with some monster.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sinfulwolf looked around her and tried to find a way out of the small steel pod they had shoved her in. What the bastards were planning on doing, she didn't know. Her hands moved along the walls as much as they could, it was much too cramped to move around much at all.

A loud mechanical click filled her ears. She tilted her head up, its where the noise seemed to come from. Before she could react there was a loud boom, like a gunshot, and suddenly she felt her stomach hit her throat as gravity was lost completely.

"What the fuck?" she yelled, but no answer came. She couldn't see anything, it just felt like she was falling.

Then it slowed, and something fell away from the outside of the pod. Sinful found herself looking out a window with flames pouring up the side. Frowning she looked down, and saw the ground thousands of feet below. She had been dropped from the ship to an unknown planet.

Closing her eyes, she braced for the impact. As the pod hit there was hardly any noise, and the impact was surprisingly soft. The front popped off and Sinful fell out onto the ground. She let out a gasp, before getting to her feet and looking back in the pod. Pulling out a box and opening it she raised an eyebrow.

"They left me my gear? Where the fuck am I?" she asked, sheathing her swords at her hips, and pulling her carbine out and loading it. Her eyes began to scan what was apparently her new home... or her prison.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oni stood there, hands in his coat pockets looking disgruntled.

"No, no, not yet. Though we seem to have found something that may be able to keep me on the 'straight and narrow'." Oni replies to Host and lets out a derisive snort.