What's new

The Adbot's Revenge!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Adbot's Revenge!

Grave laughed. "A god, you say? I know a couple of real Gods... Gods that make you look like a little child in comparison. Wanna meet them? I know a certain someone who might... Help you with that. Might. He owes me a little favor, and I'm not sure if this would be small enough of a job to fit the bill."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Oh I'm a God alright, the God of dectruction. Unfortunately thanks to a little misunderstanding I was stuck with that snivelling little bastard for all those years. Now I'm back and I'm gaining all my powers back thanks to this planet."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave chuckled in response. "Some god you are... A rather useless one, if anyone asks me." He shrugged and stretched a bit. "Are you going to simply keep gloating and wasting my time, or are you going to do something useful for a change? I've heard that Burrito and the rest of the lot is after someone who aims to claim this planet for himself. I don't know the details, but the rest of the team went after that guy."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Went after him? Well then, looks like once Host has joined up with me we'll have to destroy whoever it is. And I'm no so useless as you take me for. Stick with me and you'll find out."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave sighed. "Which part of no you don't understand? I don't like having to repeat myself." The darkling shrugged, turning towards the undead Lurker. "Listen, skeleton. I just need two things. One: I know that you'll keep monitoring Burrito and the others, and I'd like to know what they're doing. Two: I need to look for someone, and I believe that the best way to do so is to sweep the planet's surface from a satellite. Can you promise me those two things? As I've said, I will return the favor."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Oh, so you're not looking for Host to have them join you? That makes my life a lot easier." Gig then leans against the wall, waiting for the skeleton to finish with Grave.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

“Actually… I can answer you a lot quicker.” The skeleton says, turning to Gig. “And I’m probably the only one here who can answer you at all, so you’re pretty lucky to have caught me. Host headded after Burrito’s team, a little while ago… damnit, what was the bearing on the screen…” the skeleton put a bony hand to its head, apparently trying to remember using a brain it didn’t physically have. “Damnit. Assuming you can’t just track Burrito, both of you will need to come with me to one of our bunkers, and then I can help you.” He turns to Grave to add, appologetically, “I’m only Keeper of Staff Management and Recycling… while I don’t see any problem, I’ve got to confer with another keeper or two before I can risk promising you anything.” He becomes mildly annoyed. “Since I don’t have a suit, I can’t use the sattelites without being in a control room anyway.”

“Oh! Also,” he adds, “we don’t have a satellite system.” And then winks. With his eye socket. …Before running at a reasonable human speed towards what could assumedly only be one of these bunkers.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave followed the skeleton. He didn't need a satellite, really - just any sort of information regarding a certain creature and it's current location. And the darkling had a feeling that it could have captured the Lurker's interest. Since Host was with Burrito and the lot, there was a chance that Grave would be supplied with at least some of the informations he wanted.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Gig follows the skeleton at a leisurely pace, well more floating than walking. After all he wasn't really in a rush when he could destroy anyone who tried stopping him.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

The skeleton entered the bunker, fiddled with some controls, looking at the results on a nearby screen, and apparently gaining the location of Host from doing so, which he then relayed to Gig.

The skeleton then moves to another set of controls and fiddles with them, too, apparently getting him an audio connection with someone. They converse for a reasonable length of time, tones too hushed to hear, though the conversation seems to be going well. Then he turns his head to Grave, moving back to the first set of controls.
“Right, we’ll keep you informed of the activities of Burrito’s squad. Now, what was this being that you wanted to look for…?”

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Hah! So that's where he is. Will he be coming to me or will I be meeting him?" Gig asked the skeleton.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave shrugged. He wondered whether the skeleton would be suprised or not. Most people, upon hearing the name of the being that Grave wanted to find (and which owed the darkling a favor), were really suprised. "I assume you know what an ork is... I need to find a rather well-known one. Warboss Gorgutz Head Hunter. He has a tendency to... Achieve planetfall quite often in the northern jungles, as far as I can recall... Oh, and if you could give me a lift after finding him, I'd be extra thankful."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

(Assume this to have happened before Rhomus contacted the Black Raven. Also, Rhomus has only pointed out Host’s direction from a recording, not the destination.)

“You’ll have to meet him. I can’t contact Host directly – don’t have a high enough rank - so I can’t tell him to come to you. Just keep on that bearing, and he’ll be there.”

(Right, now back to the present, assuming Gig doesn’t blow the place up on exit or decide not to go.)

“You want to-“ the skeleton said, eye sockets going wide. “…and I thought we were insane.”

If he stirs up the orks, that could be troubling. And why would he want to?

“Why in Sram’s domain would you want to meet with an- THE, ork warboss?”

They couldn’t fight Gig… but they could fight us. Oh craaap

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Fine, fine. I'll meet the bastard." A smile the spreads across his face. "Here's hoping your boss chooses the right option. Otherwise I'm wiping you guys out." Gig teleports out of the building then flies at high speed in the direction he was shown to go.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave shrugged. He didn't want to reveal much, but he had to explain his reason. "Well... I need a psyker. However, not a regular one. If I had one, he'd have to provide me with direct contact to the Warp, which is far too risky for both me and him. Shrike seems to be different - I think she has her own source of power, but the way she acts... She seems to be a very logical person, and that's not what I need. Chaos sorcerers, on the other hand, tend to provide their services at a very high price. Too high for me. Ork weirdboyz, on the other hand, have a rather unique power source and abilities, which suit my needs. The problem is, they're really hard to find... But there's no self-respecting warboss that wouldn't use them in battle. And Gorgutz happens to owe me a small favor."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

(Little bit of assumption here, change what you need.)

“You got the orks to owe you a favour.” Says the skeleton, incredulously. “How could you- …that would take- …I don’t think there’s much that could illustrate the differences in our approach more than that.” The skeleton spends a moment trying to decide whether helping Grave was too risky to do or too useful to pass up… and then sighed, announcing his decision with “The Tau are really going to stick it to us when they find out we helped you contact orks...”

He began pushing buttons and entering codes into terminals, then finally calling up someone and clearing his use of the satellites. “It took us years to get them to even let us near a battlesuit…” he says, though it’s easy to tell he’s just putting on a show and not really annoyed. A nearby screen changed from diagnostics to a world map, and with a few more inputs into a terminal, the skeleton had zoomed to the forest Grave had noted was the likely location. He zoomed onto the image and began searching for anything – and then found what was basically a huge rock, covered in scrap and partially covered by the trees. “Yeppp… that’s definitely the orks. We should have got it on the way in... systems must have confused it with a meteor. For good reason…” he hissed out a breath. “That’s going to be a nasty infestation, one way or the other.”

There was suddenly another being in the room, behind the skeleton. It looked different from the normal Lurker suits, having an actual human-shaped design. It seemed entirely robotic, but somehow had a soul anyway.

“Rhomus, you asshole! You called me for transport?” It said, causing the skeleton to jump out of it’s- oh. Err, never mind.

Sram! Nox, was that entirely necessary?” said Rhomus, still somewhat startled.

“When I get called away to ferry some fucking meatbag around like a taxi?” Nox said, angrily while bearing down on the Rhomus, who slowly shrunk away. “Yes, it’s entirely necessary.” The robotic man moved over to Grave, extending a hand, though he was hardly being friendly. “Come on, shit-sack. You’ve wasted enough of my time as is.” He ended the sentance with a giggle that contained only creepiness.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave barely managed to contain his anger. He didn't accept the handshake - he crossed his arms instead, giving the mechanoid a very unfriendly look. 'A cyborg, right now. Scrapmetal in near future.' A feral grin appeared on Grave's face. "Nox, riiiight? I'm going to remember you."

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

“I prefer you were remembering me sooner than later… because that would mean I wouldn’t be near you anymore. It would also mean that you’d be in your special place doing bad things to my image, but I’d prefer you there to humping my leg directly. Unfortunately, as your designated driver for this evening, I’m going to be present till you’re done circle-jerking with the orks. What fun watching that will be!” the sarcasm in the last sentence is so thick you can taste it. “Just be glad I’m still lethargic from my meal.” Rhomus’s bones paled.

“Who?”

“Wraith. Made all the better by their recent extinction. More exclusive is more tasty.” Now that’s interesting... From what you can see, Nox has no visible mouth. Might be underneath the face-metal, or maybe he eats some other way…

“Well, are you teleporting with me or not? I suppose you’d prefer to be grabbing me somewhere else, but my hand is all I’m offering.” Nox says, and then mutters “And that’s honestly bad enough…”

EDIT: Nox's voice, including creepy laugh:

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

((Woah... He got his ass handed to him, without a doubt. I suppose that your char has the same abilities?))

Grave reached out and grabbed Nox's hand. "When I'm done with the orks, I'm going to scrap you, you annoying piece of slag. Gorgutz's mekz will certainly enjoy checking what makes you tick... Altough you have nothing to worry about - I'll save them the trouble of deassembling you." The darkling seemed to be getting more and more hostile - altough halfway through Nox's monologue it seemed impossible to get any more furious without bursting. If any of the Lurkers had the ability to percieve dark energy, they'd notice that a part of Grave's power was getting restless, as if it anticipated the incoming bloodshed.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A sudden massive wave of energy ripped past Grave and the skeletons, energy clearly not dark, or light.

It was more viral than anything, but mixed with the gnawing feeling someone had just unleashed the power of creation itself.

The energy actually would cause any electrical equipment to spark wildly, and nearly short out. Grave likely would realize immediately, the energy hadn't been released from Gig, but it HAD come from where Gig had intended to go to.